APS nerf?

Options
XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
hi there,

building a BM atm, just wondering if the APS nerf actually happened or not? Working out if I should make 4.0 (5.0 sparked) or just 3.33(4.0 sparked).

Secondly, if the nerf did happen, are more ppl that are already 5.0 changing to sage as they don't get the speed bonus from Demon spark now?
Post edited by XEmpressX - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Dont worry about the nerf.
  • CeVil - Momaganon
    CeVil - Momaganon Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It affects above 4.0 speed, including 4.0 speed. It's a minor accuracy decrease or something like that, I don't see any difference, perhaps the 5% reduction truly exists..
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    hi there,

building a BM atm, just wondering if the APS nerf actually happened or not? Working out if I should make 4.0 (5.0 sparked) or just 3.33(4.0 sparked).

Secondly, if the nerf did happen, are more ppl that are already 5.0 changing to sage as they don't get the speed bonus from Demon spark now?

A few things:
    1. With either 4.0 or 3.33 base, you'll spark to 5.0. You'll need to go to 2.86 to spark to 4.0
    2. The APS nerf, which is a 5% damage reduction and a forced accuracy reduction of 1/5 (GMs state you'll miss roughly 1/5 hits) is applied to 4.0 and 5.0 aps. Though from what I hear the accuracy reduction has only been observed in PvP.

And no, people are not changing their cultivations. Changing your cultivation wouldn't make any sense to begin with. After all, even with a 5% reduction a 5.0 is still more than 4.0 and a 4.0 is still more than 3.33. The only exception would be a 3.33 sin with Sacrificial Strike or God of Frenzy. Most people aren't doing anything with the nerf, since a 5% reduction isn't really noticeable. And if they wanted to avoid it, the best way would be to just equip non-interval equipment, such as changing your necklace and belt to R9 and cube or turning yout TT99 wrists and boots into G15 Nirvana.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ok Olbaze, thnx for the reply. I had it in my mind that the nerf took ppl that were 5.0 and slowed them to 4.0 for some raisin. Not sure whyb:embarrass

I see my question about changing culti doesn't make much sense now that i know what the nerf actually is.