thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~Heatwave Leader~
Post edited by High_Lord - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    i would personally do this for aps without a tome http://pwcalc.com/023452db692cb91c with a tome i would do a few things http://pwcalc.com/67fa3a5620e2cd25 4 aps base fist monkey
    http://pwcalc.com/cc5f668fb7882f5e
    http://pwcalc.com/54ba2464220a03a1
    http://pwcalc.com/8528b7252e499d31
    http://pwcalc.com/fe3057cf1f7999c5

forgot to refine a few peices cuz im lazy
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    If you had Tides of Elysium, what would you do then?

Can't be bothered to switch avatars xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    If you had the luck I'd say go for this http://pwcalc.com/ba0b1fa353323418

EDIT: Though I also prefer using my full r8 recast over APS, so I restated for axe and only look back at the chi, everything else...well, I don't miss it.
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    http://pwcalc.com/8fbed574aee1c10f

Not what I personally use but if I were to do tt99 sets for just a bm, thats what I'd want. Reason for this is ofc for the extra stat distribution, and ability to wear a better neck. While really as long as you keep a decent refine on your ornaments its just a small trade on defenses (lower pdef higher mdef).

I personally use tt99 LA boots and Wrists and HA neck and belt. Because I share that set with a sin.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I've put my opinion down on this multiple times, but I guess I'll repeat myself.

I hate LA ornies. The defensive nerf you cause by trading both your ornaments for -int would be stoopid. Evasion ornaments basically have no effect on your character so you are trading -.05 for a loss of two pieces of gear that can be excellent sources of phys or magic defense.

The oposing argument is you keep two pieces of armor HA instead of LA. A magic and physical ornament will gives you hundreds more physical defense than an HA piece of armor gives over LA and at a lose of about 200hp. I see BMs walking around with 8k hp and evasion ornies dieing like it was 6k hp because they are missing so much defense.

BMs are a class that does well to amplify their defenses with skills like Bell, Demon Bell, and our marrows so they larger our base defenses the more we can effectively weild our hp.

I vote LA wrist and boots, HA belt and top, magic neck.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • CeVil - Momaganon
    CeVil - Momaganon Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    TT99 HA Belt + Chest
    TT99 LA Boots + Wrists
    Magic Necklace (cube/swindler's)
    Nirvana Leggings

When you can afford an int tome:
    TT99 HA Chest, Boots and Wrists
    Magic Necklace+Magic belt (warsong/eye of the jungle)
    Nirvana Leggings

This is the only wise way to go, since you don't lose much phys def for PvE (as PvE is mostly physical on bosses) - wrists and boots reduce the least pdef. I also got myself TT99 HA necklace for extra vit, damage and phys def.
    This way is also an expensive one, because you need to get two sets of wrists/boots, but with this path you can PvP/TW sufficiently and not be a 1hit target for any robe class. So it's a multi purpose build.

If you get LA ornaments and HA set, you go the cheaper way, and only are sufficient in PvE, PvP is out of the question except when running inside enemy base in TW, with ironguard powder, and then running out (if you make it out in 12 seconds, lol). So you would need to stay away from all possible PvP until you have farmed enough, and that takes alot of fun away.
    edited May 2012
    I've put my opinion down on this multiple times, but I guess I'll repeat myself.

I hate LA ornies. The defensive nerf you cause by trading both your ornaments for -int would be stoopid. Evasion ornaments basically have no effect on your character so you are trading -.05 for a loss of two pieces of gear that can be excellent sources of phys or magic defense.

The oposing argument is you keep two pieces of armor HA instead of LA. A magic and physical ornament will gives you hundreds more physical defense than an HA piece of armor gives over LA and at a lose of about 200hp. I see BMs walking around with 8k hp and evasion ornies dieing like it was 6k hp because they are missing so much defense.

BMs are a class that does well to amplify their defenses with skills like Bell, Demon Bell, and our marrows so they larger our base defenses the more we can effectively weild our hp.

I vote LA wrist and boots, HA belt and top, magic neck.

i was orginally planning ha wrist and belt and la boot and chest then replace them with tt nirvana once i got a tome
  • AshenSkies - Heavens Tear
    AshenSkies - Heavens Tear Posts: 949 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Thanks everyone, given me some food for though till I hit 99/100 xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Surreal_
    Thank you Silvychar for my siggy :)
    edited May 2012
    TT99 HA Belt + Chest
    TT99 LA Boots + Wrists
    Magic Necklace (cube/swindler's)
    Nirvana Leggings

When you can afford an int tome:
    TT99 HA Chest, Boots and Wrists
    Magic Necklace+Magic belt (warsong/eye of the jungle)
    Nirvana Leggings

This is the only wise way to go, since you don't lose much phys def for PvE (as PvE is mostly physical on bosses) - wrists and boots reduce the least pdef. I also got myself TT99 HA necklace for extra vit, damage and phys def.
    This way is also an expensive one, because you need to get two sets of wrists/boots, but with this path you can PvP/TW sufficiently and not be a 1hit target for any robe class. So it's a multi purpose build.

If you get LA ornaments and HA set, you go the cheaper way, and only are sufficient in PvE, PvP is out of the question except when running inside enemy base in TW, with ironguard powder, and then running out (if you make it out in 12 seconds, lol). So you would need to stay away from all possible PvP until you have farmed enough, and that takes alot of fun away.

I'm just curious but why not nirvana chest?
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Which do you prefer;

2 parts LA armor and 2xHA ornaments

2 parts HA armor and 2xLA ornaments

or a different mix?

Explain why please :)

thanks

I prefer HA with LA ornies, it's what I have on bm. However, having magic ornies to swap with is a must. My reasons are :
    - HA with mag ornies and LA ones when it's usefull, allows the best armor potential for the future. On the other hand, you are kinda forced to staying with TT100 or ugly claws (deicide or G13 nirvana claws).
    - Fists are only a part of the bm arsenal. I don't feel so gimped for those parts where I don't even use the fists.
    - I can always limit at 4 aps with epic defenses and hp when it's needed.

I see the 2xLA armor + 2xHA ornies choice more as a confort option. Either because you can keep 1 armor set in any situation, or because it allows to more easily lvl a sin/archer on same account after.
  • CeVil - Momaganon
    edited May 2012
    Nirvana chest for aps? :))
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Nirvana chest for aps? :))

Nirvana chest doesn't have APS.

I've been trying to recast my R8 recast chest to get -int on it. Then, I can go pure HA with mag ornies.

Or I can go HA with the Ashura ornies, and be 5.0 with every fist ever put into the game.

But right now, I'm leaning towards quitting the game, MC and BL more fun, so I'm not really 'doing' anything at all right now.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • CeVil - Momaganon
    edited May 2012
    My post wasn't a question, if you were reading the thread thoroughly, you would see.

LA chest is a waste by the way, it's the most expensive part of tt99 that you will have to craft twice. And it makes your phys def ****.
    edited May 2012
    Nirvana chest doesn't have APS.

I've been trying to recast my R8 recast chest to get -int on it. Then, I can go pure HA with mag ornies.

Or I can go HA with the Ashura ornies, and be 5.0 with every fist ever put into the game.

But right now, I'm leaning towards quitting the game, MC and BL more fun, so I'm not really 'doing' anything at all right now.

i meant that as in he said to use tt99 chest wrist and boots with nirvana leg so i was wondering why use the tt99 chest why not something better?
  • CeVil - Momaganon
    edited June 2012
    i meant that as in he said to use tt99 chest wrist and boots with nirvana leg so i was wondering why use the tt99 chest why not something better?

Because that's the first step, afterwards is the chest, yea, but this thread is about which aps gear to use, and aps pretty much finalizes there... :)