edited May 2012 in General Discussion
I like them all, so I can't decide.
Post edited by pandelicious on

Comments

• anonymousposter
    anonymousposter Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Before you do that....

check catshops on your server. You may be able to buy one of those mounts for less coins than your gold is worth.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yea it's pretty easy to find a 11 m/s mount on my server for around 5 mil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • shopitup
    shopitup Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The catshops and the auction house. And if you can stand to listen to worldchat for a while, that too. The cheaper mounts --- especially those that go for 20 gold or less in the cash shop --- are very common on most servers, and get sold player-to-player for very cheap. (Use some of the saved coin to get a decent tome, keep the mount fed and get yourself some extra stat points at the same time.)

I have a 'sin alt that rides a polar bear, looks funny as heck. I've thought seriously about getting him a black panther and upgrading it to as fast as a panther can be made to go, but that's so bloody expensive it's not funny. Still, it'd be fun too to have a "sleeper" mount that went much faster than people'd think it would.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    As stated by others check catshops and Auctionhouses. You surprisingly can find mounts that are even MAX speed cheaper then you would paying straight from the boutique for a basic unmaxed speed mount.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • pandelicious
    pandelicious Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Ah. What would be easy ways to get that much as a low level?
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Save certain items to sell to catshops/players instead of NPCing them. Example would be Rough Fur. Semi expensive low level crafting material catshops will buy near the blacksmith in west arch. As well as items used to level up banking / pet bag slots / etc. Good luck. b:victory
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • pandelicious
    edited May 2012
    Save certain items to sell to catshops/players instead of NPCing them. Example would be Rough Fur. Semi expensive low level crafting material catshops will buy near the blacksmith in west arch. As well as items used to level up banking / pet bag slots / etc. Good luck. b:victory

Thanks.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The one thing I did on german server when I playd there is before I bought zen I played around with farming.

I grinded Rhinos right outside archosaur west gate for some hours. Gathered up enough coins by selling Hay (sells for 8k-10k) and then bought 1 gold. I then bought rep badges and sold them. Eventually I had 7 million coins at level 25 or so.
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I got my rudy the reindeer for 8m, not the fastest but so cute. :3

And a friend gave me a pigsly (yellow pig) for my bday couple weeks ago.

I like have rare mounts.

I loved the rainbow chicken.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Got the Blazing Tempest out of the bidding hall for 5 gold about a year ago. Not sure how much gold was at that time though.
  • shopitup
    edited May 2012

KawaiiJen's suggestion is good. Another suggestion is to create a second account, start a low-level cleric on that account, fly that cleric to archosaur, and use it to set up your own catshop.

Whatever you see the rest of the catshops selling --- rough fur, purified oil, hay, stuff you can get easily that seem to sell for plenty of coin in other catshops --- sell that as you can get it, in your own catshop. Copy the competitors, they usually know what they're doing. You don't even need to worry about price competition a lot of the time, just don't be badly more expensive than the rest and you'll get sales.

Consider taking time off from leveling (dump the XP gained into your genie to stay on a level) and farm particularly valuable materials for coin, if you're feeling poor. Around level 30, hay is a big-ticket item. The DQ mats used for the "expand your bank" quests are usually good sellers too. But look around at what others sell, there's usually good ideas there.
  • pandelicious
    edited May 2012
    The one thing I did on german server when I playd there is before I bought zen I played around with farming.

I grinded Rhinos right outside archosaur west gate for some hours. Gathered up enough coins by selling Hay (sells for 8k-10k) and then bought 1 gold. I then bought rep badges and sold them. Eventually I had 7 million coins at level 25 or so.

How much do rep badges sell for? I'm fairly new.
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Don't let anyone lie to you. The best way to get a mount is to buy zen (gold) with real moneys. Then take it to the auction house and trade it for coin. Then go to cat shop and buy a mount.

Same applies to rep badges and anything else, except some things are cheaper bought straight from the boutique instead of in cat shops.
  • shopitup
    edited May 2012
    Rep badges, like anything else catshops resell from out of the cash shop, sell for what they're worth plus the merchant's profit margin. Or, well, they get offered for that in the catshops anyway --- whether they sell or not is a more complicated matter.

But that's a long, boring lecture that better merchants than myself have already written down. Go to this tutorial and read your fill; if you want to make money in this game, I would say that is the best method. It's slower than just spending real world money to buy zen, but it's also cheaper, and (in my own opinion) more fun, since it's more of a challenge.

Edit: okay, a straight answer to what rep badges sell for. It depends on your server, because the value of gold in game coin varies between servers and also over time. You need to know what one gold sells for on your server at present; work out how many gold one rep badge sells for in the cash shop, keeping in mind they're sold in bundles of several; multiply in the auction house gold-buying fee of 2%; and voila, there's your break-even. Catshop merchants will charge more, typically by 5-25 percent, depending. Honestly, it's a lot simpler than I make it sound. By the time you get to part four or so of Warren's tutorial that I linked you to in my last paragraph, you'll understand.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    How much do rep badges sell for? I'm fairly new.

It depends on gold prices. They cost 45 silver for 50 wraith's officer badges in the boutique. Gold on my server is 1,350,000 coins.

This is how you figure out how much to sell them for.

1,350,000 x .02 (there is a 2% fee to buy or sell gold) to figure out the true cost of gold.

1,377,000 is it.

So we then divide 1,377,000 by 100. Because we will get 100 rep badges for 90 silver.

Now we have divided by 100 we get 13,777. We not multiply this by .9 (this is because of the 90 silver)

Which is roughly 12,400

So I would sell my rep badges probably around 12,750 to 13,500. It all depends on the catshops where you turn in rep badges at in archosaur. That's where people sell them at.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Don't let anyone lie to you. The best way to get a mount is to buy zen (gold) with real moneys. Then take it to the auction house and trade it for coin. Then go to cat shop and buy a mount.

Same applies to rep badges and anything else, except some things are cheaper bought straight from the boutique instead of in cat shops.

Quit trolling the new players.

Auction Houses have fees. You lose coins using it.
  • shopitup
    edited May 2012
    Auction Houses have fees. You lose coins using it.

Not necessarily, it depends on what your alternatives are. But it's definitely worth working out whether or not that's the case, at least if you're planning a major purchase.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    shopitup wrote: »
    Not necessarily, it depends on what your alternatives are. But it's definitely worth working out whether or not that's the case, at least if you're planning a major purchase.

Well, the OP is wanting a mount. I highly doubt he will get the coins back for 20g mount by trying to sell it for the value he purchases it for. Especially in the Auction House.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I like the bad panda.
    If u are willing to spend some bucks, maybe u can try for the pathfinders kit since they are on sale and goes with a war mammoth (baby bad panda), flyer and some other goodies.
    But have to say the ground mount only has 9 max speed and other cheap mounts on the market are 11 speed.