Psychic R8 Recast crashes game + makes character selection screen crash

Options
Dynamyte - Lost City
Dynamyte - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Support Desk
Thread in General Discussion about this issue

The problem:

People that have a psychic that has the R8 recast weap equipped, have been unable to log in to the game with any characters of that account since the Imperial Fury update. The game crashes at the character selection screen, making these players unable to log in to any character on the same account as the psychic. Multiple psychics (probably all) with rank 8 recast weapon have this issue as the previously linked thread and the many tickets sent shows.

People that had their Psychics R8 recast weapon not equipped, and then put it on, had their game crash as soon they put it on. After this crash, whenever they try log in to the game, the game crashes at the character selection screen.

People can make a character on a different server and play it without problems, supporting the claim that this is a gear related issue. The fact that this only occurs on psychics with R8 recast weaps points you exactly where the issue lies.

Lowering graphics settings or any of the other suggested solutions as a response to out tickets, do not work.

Some suggestions:

- An official warning to all psychics out there that have an unequipped R8 recast weapon that they should not equip it. And to all psychics that think of recasting their R8 weap to wait with that until this bug is fixed. In my opinion this should have happened as soon it became clear there was an issue with this weapon.

- An official update on what you are doing to fix this issue and how you plan to compensate us for the time we have not been able to play the game - our characters are getting behind in the game, and have missed out on coin, XP, prestige, TW, events, the new content etc.

- The assurance that you are working on fixing this as soon as possible, and try to get us a temporary solution
One player suggested to take off the weapon for all effected players, for the time being until the bug gets properly fixed. We won't have our weapon but we can get a temporary replacement easily and we can atleast get in the game and play our other characters.
Post edited by Dynamyte - Lost City on

Comments

• Kiki - Raging Tide
    Kiki - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I too have this problem, only my psy with r8 recast sphere cant log on
    tried EVERYTHING i was told including updating my system

pleasssssssee pwi do something about this.... b:angry
    keep this thread alive so maybe it will be looked at
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    lolittlegirlcantlogin
  • Kiki - Raging Tide
    Kiki - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    Changuita - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    OMG FINALLY! A COMMON LINK! Yeah I totally have this problem happening to me too! AND YES I AGREE ABOUT COMPENSATION! I am losing merit, money, tw time, exp, prestige and SO MUCH MORE.... Wow and it is all because of my expensive as heck weapon.

*jumps on the recast R8 psys bandwagon*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    What if you just have the armor?
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • nechick
    nechick Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i got an email from pwi that said they will fix this issue in the next "few" maintances....how freaking ****... they are supposedly looking into compensation but i will believe it when i see it. so pissed at all we are missing out on for spending money on this game
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divinemetal - Sanctuary
    Divinemetal - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lol I hardly doubt if we will see any compensation. Not only did they not diagnose the problem, they wont even admit there is a problem. Those geniuses are still advising people to uninstall the game, update drivers, lower graphics and verify files (wasting days of our time), knowing full well that this will NOT fix the issue. The comment about them fixing this in the next few updates is also unacceptable. We already are inconvenienced with your shoddy customer service/tech support, now we have to wait for you to do your job and fix your mistake, at your leisure? Really?!?!?!?! If I did that in my line of work (automotive industry), I would be reported to the better business bureau, bad mouthed to many customers and lose tons of potential clients. I guess since you don't have to worry about such things, the players (csers and non csers) can go to hell huh?
  • Dynamyte - Lost City
    Dynamyte - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Related forum thread: Weapon of Mass Disconnection

Just in case threads in Technical Support Zone have more chance of being read...