Weird question

Options
MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Cleric
Hi,

I had a female Cleric which I got to 100, I have since deleted the Cleric telling myself that I will only play my Mystic. I have now made a male Cleric (level 69) and it feels a lot slower animation wise than the female one so my question is...

Do female Clerics have a faster animation on some skills than males? Is there more a delay with males animations on certain skills?

I know someone will say "you have less channeling right now" but I'm not talking about Channeling.

If anyone could answer/provide some information it would really be helpful.

Thanks.
Post edited by MrMelvin - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I haven't notice any difference between male and female clerics animation speed, since I frequently duo stuff with my sage female counterpart. Perhaps you're just used to your mystic's relatively fast speed when it comes to using skills. =)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • MrMelvin - Heavens Tear
    MrMelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It isn't that, one my female Cleric it felt like the animations were more fluid while the male animations seem slower/delayed a bit more. I can quite put my finger on it which is why I would ask here to see if anyone else knew anything about it b:embarrass
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well, coming from a 3D char maker's point of view, each gender's mesh has their own separate bone structure and both have to be animated from scratch, perhaps the Archodevs just didn't tweak the male clerics attack animations to be super duper smooth, or the male cleric was animated before/after the female and they didn't spend as much time on it. <.< I also have a female cleric for the lols, and my main male cleric doesn't seem slower/delayed at all, honestly. =P

I still say you just got used to your mystic's attacks being smoother and faster since you deleted your old cleric and can't truly compare that one to your new one except by memory.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have both female and male cleric lvl100+ i never noticed a difference.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Usually the animation is divided in channeling and casting.

Casting time can't be changed. Channeling can. Assuming that both have same channeling , or nothing i can say that

1) some skills have different animations depending on Gender. This is really easy to notice on clerics while using Razor Feathers. Same times , differnet moves.

2) assassins also have various different animations. Females twist and swirl more , especially on air.

3) it may be lag problems , fps going up down , and generally faulty systems. However the skills are the same , and dont matter on animation and dmg.

example , my female seeker uses Ion spike ( a blue skill with blue swords piercing the ground from above). she channels the skill , then does a leghty animation , then you see damage and aggro on mobs and after 1 second , you clearly notice the blue swords piercing them. Animation is too leghty , but dmg is done and mob is attacked.

Just faulty systems nothing else.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue