Why?

_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
So people were complaining about this game being too easy.
Pwi makes it harder but still imo not as hard as it was before tideborn and people are still complaining. Is it just me or are people just impossible to please.
And for all the people that are saying its to hard its not just play the game like it was a few years ago. With me tanking (nirvana +10 and half sharded and uncharmed) my squad wiped on SoT boss once and for new snakefist we didnt have a wipe but a few people died. And honestly that had to have been the most fun boss fight i have had in along time
Mind you me considering most people these days only know how to spark and auto i guess this is to be expected.
Thanks for the update it has been fun so far :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
_mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
|\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
Post edited by _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    people are impossible to please.

this.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Is it just me or are people just impossible to please.

Mind you me considering most people these days only know how to spark and auto i guess this is to be expected.

EXACTLY lol. This game will be always full of QQing trolls so get used to it and ignore ;). It's true that PWI screwed up a few things, like our current market... Or lack of good advertisement of this game but there are things that destroyed the game and it's not the PWI's fault, but it's players. FC.. so many people QQing about power leveling. Well PWI didnt tell u to create alts and plevel them in fc since lvl 10, it's a personal choice if u want to do it. FC goon glitch... It wasn't their fault that this glitch existed, it was players fault for exploring it and USING it. However I agree that the "punshment" for people who used goon glitch to level from 101 to 105 within 2 weeks was pathetic.. A ban for a week.. ofc it wouldnt stop anyone from doing it... Pack sales ect. Well, the game needs to make money somehow and like I said before, they havent forced anyone to pay thousands of dollars on this game, its a personal choice. The game is still free to play and its your choice whether u want to pay or not. But yeah.. people will always complain, u cant make everyone happy b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I don't understand people either.

Now they all complain about how things are too hard. Well, imo, they aren't that hard. They just require some decent gear, knowledge and knowing your skills. Really, I've had no issues with these bosses as of yet and my squads have been TT99/R8 with average refines. AEU is not impossible either.

And people complain that it make things impossible for those with not so good gears. Well, sorry, but if you rushed to endgame without having a little budget (or take your time to farm the gear, TTs? Factions?) to at least get suitable gear...it's not PWI's fault. They even made that you can get free gear just by doing the Morai quests. I mean..come on!
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2012
    What I'm trying to figure out is... what did they change to make things harder?

The new bosses?

That's not harder, they're way easy, as long as you play the way a squad should and not just auto-attack APS everything to death.

Oh My God, it's harder because now it requires actual braincells to accomplish something?

Really people. Reality check.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    I don't understand people either.

Now they all complain about how things are too hard. Well, imo, they aren't that hard. They just require some decent gear, knowledge and knowing your skills. Really, I've had no issues with these bosses as of yet and my squads have been TT99/R8 with average refines. AEU is not impossible either.

And people complain that it make things impossible for those with not so good gears. Well, sorry, but if you rushed to endgame without having a little budget (or take your time to farm the gear, TTs? Factions?) to at least get suitable gear...it's not PWI's fault. They even made that you can get free gear just by doing the Morai quests. I mean..come on!

Exactly! But.. u forget about team work b:chuckle guess working in old school squads and actually using your BRAIN and SKILLS of your toon.. is too much for people b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Is it just me or are people just impossible to please.

Ppl here are impossible to please... Has bin this way for a loooooooong while now... b:surrender

Things aren't impossible to do anyway... I play DD classes with cheap crappy gear (TT90/Mold/FF Green) and I didn't have any problems so far... Even Metal is do-able for me... The mobs just hit harder...

Guess the only classes that actually need good gear anyway would be the tank classes... But when you make a tank you should always take it in consideration that you end up tanking powerful stuff later and therefor need better gear... And indeed even there PW was kind enough to hand out pretty good PvE gear as quest rewards...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    And indeed even there PW was kind enough to hand out pretty good PvE gear as quest rewards...

Dont forget the fact that they gave us an opportunity to farm awesome nirvana 3rd cast now.. and those weapons are better thn r9 b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited May 2012

The new bosses?

That's not harder, they're way easy, as long as you play the way a squad should and not just auto-attack APS everything to death.

Oh My God, it's harder because now it requires actual braincells to accomplish something?

Yes, things that require thinking are generally considered impossibly hard by average PWI players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    Dont forget the fact that they gave us an opportunity to farm awesome nirvana 3rd cast now.. and those weapons are better thn r9 b:chuckle

Oh... Uhm... Yeah... Someone will have to fill me in on those... Cause I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to gear... I know TT, Molds, Morai (and whatever those Slaying stats exactly do) (Weapons are great though), Nirv, Lunar and Rank but everything else than that is a mystery to me... *cough* Even when playing FF I just buy the gear from shops instead of crating them... *cough* b:surrenderb:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Oh... Uhm... Yeah... Someone will have to fill me in on those... Cause I'm pretty much a noob when it comes to gear... I know TT, Molds, Morai (and whatever those Slaying stats exactly do) (Weapons are great though), Nirv, Lunar and Rank but everything else than that is a mystery to me... b:surrenderb:chuckle

PM me when I get on after work and I can explain it. CBA to type a wall of text at work.

Unless you have only a few specific questions about it then I can explain it here.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
    edited May 2012
    PM me when I get on after work and I can explain it. CBA to type a wall of text at work.

Unless you have only a few specific questions about it then I can explain it here.

Meh... Not really necessary... I really appreciate it but since I only play DD's (and I'm always broke being a fash-aholic) there's no real rush in knowing I think... But thanks for the offer... If I ever have any questions about it I'll just PM you then... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    If only the gms would make an instance where having 3rd r9 was the equivelantof doing full rb back in TT90. I would love to have a challenge like that implemented into this game. Ofc if it was added say as a bh more people would qq its impossible.
    It would make my day if the gms stopped bp from working for one day. Just imagine the qq we would get.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
  • Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands
    Xx_BeLLa_xX - Harshlands Posts: 7,231 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You will always have happy people and the QQ people.

Exemple: People ask for a fash sell, PWI do a fash sell, people will find a way to QQ its not the fash they wanted.

People will always find a way to complain, at the amount of people playing this game its impossible to please everyone individually.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

b:dirty "I **** rainbows and love everyone"-Longknife b:cute
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    New bosses aren't hard. You figure out the mechanic, play accordingly and everything is on auto. Basically the bosses are "barb tanks, cleric bb's, dd's don't take agro and don't hit on buff thingy". Grats BH done.

What people probably complained about was that the mechanics were as random as hell, made no sense and the only way to figure them out was a ton of tedious trial and error. Unlike FCC or Vana, where you were given hints and rewarded for logic and common sense, the new bosses made no sense and rewarded logic with frequent wipes.

Maybe a new super hard instance that is challenging for r9's would have been better, rather than trying to make a boss that everyone has access to a "challenge".
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    Banndit - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You will always have happy people and the QQ people.

Exemple: People ask for a fash sell, PWI do a fash sell, people will find a way to QQ its not the fash they wanted.

People will always find a way to complain, at the amount of people playing this game its impossible to please everyone individually.

While this may be true, the recent qqs seems out of the ordinary. Its easy to understand qqs about packs, sales of r8/r9, imbalance of class, but its harder to understanding the qqs about this update, but I might be getting a better idea though.

This update looks like a good thing with good potential but some are unhappy. Maybe its not the changes that is bad but what is lost by them that makes them unhappy. Maybe they have more to lose then to gain from this in the near future.

For example.
    - merchant/farmers who may also have bought some zen and just got their r9 recently thinking they achieved the ultimate goal but never got a decent chance to apreciate their achievement. Not only is that a big loss, but they can't see how they can once again achieve that ultimate goal of having or being the best now.
    - people who falsly believe that you need r9 is needed to be successful now which they have the perception that they have lost alot
    - a big lost of bh coins/income (or hand outs) by poorly equiped gear players
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    So people were complaining about this game being too easy.
    Pwi makes it harder but still imo not as hard as it was before tideborn and people are still complaining. Is it just me or are people just impossible to please.

My guess is that ppl want it harder for others then themselves, so they can make more coins ? b:laugh

I'm happy witht he last update. I really wanted some harder pve stuff. I think they did a good job putting in some content for the high geared players and some new bosses that aren't hard but just require new tactics. Overall, they managed to make pve more fun without scr*wing over those who can't afford +10 refines.
    With me tanking (nirvana +10 and half sharded and uncharmed) my squad wiped on SoT boss once and for new snakefist we didnt have a wipe but a few people died. And honestly that had to have been the most fun boss fight i have had in along time.

I agree. Dying again was strangely fun. b:thanks Ty for bosses that can kill me b:thanks
  • SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver
    SMASHnHEAL - Dreamweaver Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Some of this update shows just how many people have levelled too fast and focused too much on weapon refines and nothing on armour.

I had to laugh last night doing advanced endless universe and watching all the little sins and BMs running in against the ele immune boss and being one shot over and over again b:chuckle
  • Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver
    Juliaasmith - Dreamweaver Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The only people that were complaining were the STUPID R9 people!!! NEWS FLASH!!!! NOT EVERYBODY IS R9 and not everybody can afford it!!! b:angry
  • MedAlert - Raging Tide
    MedAlert - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2012

The new bosses?

Yeah but now ppl actually want top take a veno to bh...something my veno never did before b:laugh
  • ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    They made it so that these new bosses cannot simply be soloed by just using aps. You have to actually use SKILLS... for once.
    Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    They made it so that these new bosses cannot simply be soloed by just using aps. You have to actually use SKILLS... for once.

Actually you can still solo using only aps, you just have to know how and have enough power to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    People QQ about getting free gifts...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2012

With a decent aps monkey squad boss dies before it even buffs up.
    edited May 2012

Abba yes SoT no.
    They try... then take an arrow to the knee :/
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Abba yes SoT no.
    They try... then take an arrow to the knee :/

Like it is a big deal to make a skill macro, still can auto pilot b:bye
    edited May 2012
    Like it is a big deal to make a skill macro, still can auto pilot b:bye

Unless you're some super geared player the Bleed will wreck the "autopilot skill macro" b:chuckle
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Haila - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Unless you're some super geared player the Bleed will wreck the "autopilot skill macro" b:chuckle

Bleed is only on tank b:bye
    edited May 2012
    Bleed is only on tank b:bye

Where in his comment is a mention of a tank. I only see a aps monkey squad listed. (AKA 5 sins and a bm for HF) b:bye
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Haila - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Where in his comment is a mention of a tank. I only see a aps monkey squad listed. (AKA 5 sins and a bm for HF) b:bye

Like it is a big deal to change spark macro in skill macro b:bye
    edited May 2012
    Like it is a big deal to change spark macro in skill macro b:bye

This appears to be an attempt of a +1 for you at this point. You don't seem to get there is no tank. And 95% of the sins can't survive that bleed and will get facerolled. b:chuckle
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3