Character Disappeared in a Day!!!

Hawtiegirl - Heavens Tear
Hawtiegirl - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Support Desk
I am freaking out. Three days ago, I had been playing on my level 81 assassin on the Sanctuary server. The next day, my assassin was gone!!!! I worked really hard to level that high and get some Rank IV gear. I know that it takes 7 days for a character to delete, so it must be a glitch in the system. I have submitted two tickets and still have gotten no response. Is there anyway to fix this??!!??!!??!!??!!?? At least, they should replace my character with a level 81 assassin with undistributed skill points or something. It makes me really angry.
Post edited by Hawtiegirl - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Check to make sure you're connecting to the same server.
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Since it's a Holiday weekend, soonest would get a response is Tuesday. But like Burn said, most likely on wrong server. b:pleased
  • Hawtiegirl - Heavens Tear
    Hawtiegirl - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    No its the correct server. I checked every one of them and I remember it was on Sanctuary.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I am freaking out. Three days ago, I had been playing on my level 81 assassin on the Sanctuary server. The next day, my assassin was gone!!!! I worked really hard to level that high and get some Rank IV gear. I know that it takes 7 days for a character to delete, so it must be a glitch in the system. I have submitted two tickets and still have gotten no response. Is there anyway to fix this??!!??!!??!!??!!?? At least, they should replace my character with a level 81 assassin with undistributed skill points or something. It makes me really angry.

I can't help you with that issue, but I can help you know how customer support here @ PWE works. Firstly, sending multiple tickets on the same account over and over without reciving a response, puts you back at the end of the queue/line. You won't get answered quickly, if ever if you keep throwing new tickets in on the same account. Secondly, PWE staff don't work on the weekend. For whatever reason, they just don't work on the weekend (even though they are a multi-million dollar company).

Next up, you need to realize that after a couple weeks they probably will reply. If you get a response sooner, good on ya! Unfortunately, the average ticket response time is 8-10 business days, and for a the unlucky - much more. Even if they do give you a response, from my personal experience (and a lot of others as well), you probably won't get the answer(s) you're looking for. It will be automated, and tell you to re-install the game, etc. Then you will send a e-mail response back to their ticket (which is the only way, since they normally close the tickets right away, unless they specifically state for a response back via the ticket), and another week or two will pass.... Etc.

PWE sucks at customer service. They are easily probably the worst gaming company in terms of customer service, on the planet. At this point in time, I'm sorry to say it - kiss your toon goodbye.
  • Intrinsic - Lost City
    Intrinsic - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I can't help you with that issue, but I can help you know how customer support here @ PWE works. Firstly, sending multiple tickets on the same account over and over without reciving a response, puts you back at the end of the queue/line. You won't get answered quickly, if ever if you keep throwing new tickets in on the same account. Secondly, PWE staff don't work on the weekend. For whatever reason, they just don't work on the weekend (even though they are a multi-million dollar company).

Next up, you need to realize that after a couple weeks they probably will reply. If you get a response sooner, good on ya! Unfortunately, the average ticket response time is 8-10 business days, and for a the unlucky - much more. Even if they do give you a response, from my personal experience (and a lot of others as well), you probably won't get the answer(s) you're looking for. It will be automated, and tell you to re-install the game, etc. Then you will send a e-mail response back to their ticket (which is the only way, since they normally close the tickets right away, unless they specifically state for a response back via the ticket), and another week or two will pass.... Etc.

PWE sucks at customer service. They are easily probably the worst gaming company in terms of customer service, on the planet. At this point in time, I'm sorry to say it - kiss your toon goodbye.

I have to disagree - that last ticket I submitted (a few weeks ago) got a response within 24-32 hours (weekday) and wasn't automated, it was written specifically to answer my question. This has been my previous experience also (have not submitted a ticket for over a year until recently.) It turned out to be my own silly fault anyway. b:shutup

As with any customer service experience, stay patient and polite, as no matter how professional some companies are, their employees are still human and (a) nobody deserves to get abused at their job, (b) wont want to be as helpful if being treated rudely.

Good luck getting this issue resolved, I can appreciate the time you put in and the work you fear losing.