Nerfed Share the Stealth

Options
sutrixx
sutrixx Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Assassin
I guess I am just posting a QQ thread to see how others feel about them nerfing our Share the Stealth skill. I joined Shroud just to get this skill, worked my butt off to earn enough prestigue and influence to get it, not to mention paid 3 mil to equip it and now like two weeks later they have nerfed it for us. Honestly, I dont understand why they gave it to us in the first place if they were going to do this. Does anyone have any thoughts regarding why they would give us this skill, knowing they were giving us a stealth level over 150 and then just poof take it away? I had little trust or faith left with this game and this is kind of the clincher for me. My disappointment and frustration with how this game is being managed has just reached an all-time high. I think I am going to take a break for awhile, maybe try some other game that looks promising.
Post edited by sutrixx on

Comments

• Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Quitting about a skill that was already OP and didnt meant to give you uso many Stealth lvls.

If you want to just stop playing and make a QQ thread , find a better excuse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Everyone assumes the stealth levels stacking was a glitch. It allowed sins to reset [?] bosses and bugs in room 34 or Have a Listen EX mobs as well do some other very glitchy things.

I got it 3 days ago, missing all the fun glitches it could do but I'm not going to QQ about it. PWI fixed a glitch, thats a step in the positive direction, lol.

PWI fixes glitches and people write rage threads threatening to quit? Can't please everyone I guess.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Littlebluboi - Heavens Tear
    Littlebluboi - Heavens Tear Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Why stop here? Drag Stealth along the nerf ride aswell.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Everyone assumes the stealth levels stacking was a glitch. It allowed sins to reset [?] bosses and bugs in room 34 or Have a Listen EX mobs as well do some other very glitchy things.

I got it 3 days ago, missing all the fun glitches it could do but I'm not going to QQ about it. PWI fixed a glitch, thats a step in the positive direction, lol.

PWI fixes glitches and people write rage threads threatening to quit? Can't please everyone I guess.

At least the idiots leave .....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear
    XxXvixonXxX - Heavens Tear Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    QQ QQ it not a good as it is it pretty useless so QQing about it is just a waste
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    At least the idiots leave .....

But they come back. b:cry
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • sutrixx
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well, actually I have a whole laundry list of disappointments after playing this game since its beginning in 2008.
    I am not rage quitting over this one issue.
    The whole point to this thread was for people to share their feelings over what I believe is a kind of betrayal.
    Honestly, what kind of glitch is it when it says it gives you 30 more lvls of stealth and does just that? What kind of idiot developers would give that to us and not know that we could stealth ? bosses and mobs? My anger is that they obviously didnt stop to think it through... just tossed something off saying oh this would be cool. Then when they "discovered" what it actually did they took it away without giving any consideration to the players that had worked hard to get the skill specifically for that reason. It took me all of 2 seconds when I first read the skill to see the potential. I dont see that as a glitch when it does exactly what it says it will do. They had how long with that skill to figure out what it could do? Yet once again, they waited around until it blew up in their faces.
    My other biitch regarding this is that it took them how long to pull it? When something really game-changing is messing with the very foundation of how they game is played such a the goons glitch... it takes them how long to come up with a simple solution? Even at that the solution they came up with fixed one problem but created a whole nother situation.
    I have come to the conclusion that pwi doesnt really care about the players. They make random snap decisions and then when that doesnt work out for them they make another idiot choice.
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The thing is, most noteworthy bosses in the game are all level 150: TT, Nirvana, new BH bosses. That doesn't leave much use for the skill.

The uses I could see for it would be to save a squad against a boss or a mob. The former is kinda moot as pretty much every single strong boss is level 150, thus now immune to the skill. As for mobs, I don't think that's really worth it, especially since skills notoriously unstealth you so a person who's unfamiliar with stealth would be likely to just unstealth themselves instantly.

Though it's obvious that the advantage it gave in Cube was ridiculous. Then again they could've circumvented that with a little effort. But as always, easiest way out was taken.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    But they come back. b:cry

Have no fear , you are immune to them right ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • sutrixx
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well, I have to admit I wasnt thinking about glitching the cube when I first read the skill either. The reason I saw it as a skill I was willing to work toward is that it was another forced stealth which can come in really handy. Especially, a way to reset a boss for a myriad of reasons that can pop up. It just gave me another tool in my arsenel for survival as I saw it. Plus, it was kind of fun porting through the middle of a boss without being detected. But now its useless to me. What are the chances I am ever gonna use it? Maybe to save a squad member but the range isnt all that great either, it is a ho hum skill at best, hardly worth all the effort I put into aquiring it.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    When it came out, almost every skill that came out for every class was PvP oriented. I assumed this was a way to shed aggro on a target in TW for just a few seconds and make opponents lose their targets.

I saw this as a second force stealth.

Remember the unwined instance "assassin pulls" where the assassin ran the instance aggroing every mob ahead of the squad until they got to a safe spot then the assassin would force stealth and reset the mobs with the squad at the boss? That way required people to actually know what they were doing. Now the sin can stealth ahead, have the barb and squad run to him with the barb pulling and then force the squad into stealth to reset everyone. Same concept but safer.

Good for "saves" of your cleric and your mystic that have aggrod things.

It has its uses, just be creative. Glitching the skill wasn't its only use and we shouldn't complain about pwi actually fixing things.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    This thread lacks ponies.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Not only that, but even with the OP stealth, it never worked as expected on ? level mobs. Room 38 for example, you have to be next to the mobs to lose agro. Even if you stealth at the end npc, they will still go next to you before resetting, and by that time the stealth has worn off, and they'll regain agro.[/url]

Well it's not necessarily when the mob is next to you. Stealth only loses aggro when a mob is repathing. Mobs in this game walk in a straight line to a certain position and once they are there they decide if they need to walk to a new position. It is only at this time in their decision making where you can lose aggro from being in stealth. If you are holy pathing away then these mob paths can be pretty long.

This scenario is more common with archer stealth than with sin stealth I guess.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UU5h99BIajThgsewfOn02B_A&v=ah46dYjuFLQ#t=26s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well it's not necessarily when the mob is next to you. Stealth only loses aggro when a mob is repathing. Mobs in this game walk in a straight line to a certain position and once they are there they decide if they need to walk to a new position. It is only at this time in their decision making where you can lose aggro from being in stealth. If you are holy pathing away then these mob paths can be pretty long.

This scenario is more common with archer stealth than with sin stealth I guess.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&list=UU5h99BIajThgsewfOn02B_A&v=ah46dYjuFLQ#t=26s

Yeah, usually as a sin I'm used to mobs resetting pretty instantly. It's definitely more noticeable for the archer's stealth. Or maybe I haven't been noticing it on my sin since stealth is indefinite as soon as you force stealth against mobs.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    QQ b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • sutrixx
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ok, maybe I have to be more clear about why I am QQing.
    I am not QQing because they fixed a glitch.
    I am upset because they gave us a skill with a specific ability. They prolly didnt give it much thought. I remember the skill said.. it increased our stealth ability +30.
    I dunno, maybe I am more perceptive than the game developers? I immediately saw the potential to evade bosses at least. I wasnt really thinking of the cube. But, then I am not paid big bucks to think all these things through. I didnt get a chance to test the skill ahead of time. They shouldnt have put that in there in the first place.
    They gave us plenty of time to put in quite a bit of effort to earn the skill. Then they must have said to themselves... "oops we didnt intend for it to do that." They just toss off random changes like nothing.. really not thinking through the whole thing... or in this case not giving it any apparent thought at all.Then they take it away like its nothing.
    It's just that I have seen them do things like this alot. Does this happen in other games? Just curious. I just feel that they are jerking around with us.
    Anyways, thanks guys for giving me some feed back. At least it makes me feel better to be able to put my frustration out there.
    And thanks Skabu for putting a positive spin on the situation. I guess it still has its redeeming qualities.
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    glitches get fixed. just because you worked hard to be able to exploit it doesnt mean that it will stay.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear
    BurnWhenIWiz - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Skills get changed now and then.. it happens.

Raving Slash used to give a movement speed increase, instead of slowing the target. It was nice for chasing down secondary targets after killing the primary. Skill got changed. (really quickly too if I remember right)

Holy Path used to work on adjacent squad members so you could chain it to allow slower walk speed toons to keep up as a group. Skill got changed.

There are lots of other examples where because of either an unseen exploit made possible because of a skill, or for no apparent reason at all, a skill was modified.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Skills get changed now and then.. it happens.

Raving Slash used to give a movement speed increase, instead of slowing the target. It was nice for chasing down secondary targets after killing the primary. Skill got changed. (really quickly too if I remember right)

Holy Path used to work on adjacent squad members so you could chain it to allow slower walk speed toons to keep up as a group. Skill got changed.

There are lots of other examples where because of either an unseen exploit made possible because of a skill, or for no apparent reason at all, a skill was modified.

The one that bothers me most is loss of squad AD and how after 3+ years it was changed with no notice and nothing said in our "quality" patch notes.
  • sutrixx
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well potato I guess thats just it. I saw it as a legit skill... maybe that is what lies at the core of my frustration. I just have too much faith that pwi will work this stuff out before they pass it out to us. I didnt think I was exploiting anything.. they gave it to us.. I wasnt doing anything but using it an having fun. So, in essence it is my own expectations that have caused this upset for me.
    Lawl, well I guess I will have to get over it.
    An Saku I do remember holy path like that it was pretty fun actually. Til someone ran you into the hands in TT. lol those were the days! Yea, I too miss the aoe of AD it was an awesome skill. I cant figure why they would nerf that one.
  • HardToFind - Raging Tide
    HardToFind - Raging Tide Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    While I am sad that the aoe stealth skill got nerfed.
    I also realisze that the skill probably wasn't meant to stack with our stealth passive.
    And although the devs could have probably just put a see through stealth on the mobs in the cube like they have done to the mobs in EU and pv 100+.
    That would have required effort and the devs are lazy so they just nerfed the skill.

Really this may be annoying but is not worth QQing over
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Pity Party... 1...2...3.. Aaaawwwwweeee.

Hope you feel better now. b:chuckle
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yeah, as soon as I saw it giving me over 150 stealth levels, I knew it was glitched, mainly because it would give Assassins such an unfair advantage in PvE over other players. The most noticeable being in Jungle ruins. A mob approaching you? AoE stealth and holy path past them for 5 seconds.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    sutrixx wrote: »
    Well potato I guess thats just it. I saw it as a legit skill... maybe that is what lies at the core of my frustration. I just have too much faith that pwi will work this stuff out before they pass it out to us. I didnt think I was exploiting anything.. they gave it to us.. I wasnt doing anything but using it an having fun. So, in essence it is my own expectations that have caused this upset for me.
    Lawl, well I guess I will have to get over it.
    An Saku I do remember holy path like that it was pretty fun actually. Til someone ran you into the hands in TT. lol those were the days! Yea, I too miss the aoe of AD it was an awesome skill. I cant figure why they would nerf that one.

Sins were never suposed to be able to escape lvl ? bosses.

This skill allowed for that to happen. The dev's didn't think of it being used as that, as it's a PvP skill (or meant as). Afterall, the +30 stealth lvl allows non sins to actually be invisible against sins that are somewhere near theyre lvl, instead of 30 lvls below (which would make it kinda useless).

Skills and classes get rebalanced all the time. It's part of an MMO that you can't possible predict the full impact of a skill. You have to watch what happends in the live game, and than see if it has the desired impact, or if you need to change something.

Instead of whining that you lost your 32136th extreme OP skills, be happy the work to balance the classes abit
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

This skill allowed for that to happen. The dev's didn't think of it being used as that, as it's a PvP skill (or meant as). Afterall, the +30 stealth lvl allows non sins to actually be invisible against sins that are somewhere near theyre lvl, instead of 30 lvls below (which would make it kinda useless).

Skills and classes get rebalanced all the time. It's part of an MMO that you can't possible predict the full impact of a skill. You have to watch what happends in the live game, and than see if it has the desired impact, or if you need to change something.

Instead of whining that you lost your 32136th extreme OP skills, be happy the work to balance the classes abit

This^

It wasn't nerfed, it was fixed. Sins have had it easy for a long time having been allowed to get away with having so many OP skills. You should realize how lucky you are as a class to not have gone through a complete(justified) nerf. Instead, the Devs have mostly opted to take indirect measures to deal with the way assassins imbalance and exploit the game. Take the Door mobs in TT for example, they are least affective against the assassin class, even though that was who they were most intended for. Consider yourselves lucky that the Devs don't usually face these issues head on.
  • Salari - Raging Tide
    Salari - Raging Tide Posts: 2,102 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well seeing how everyone is speaking on what the dev's really wanted to do let me put in my thoughts on what they wanted the skill to do.

- hey check out this idea on a skill I got.
    - oh that is real nice
    - yes it helps squads/ect get out trouble quick, briefly to recover plus no telling what else
    - rock on lets do it
    - what about qq's
    - what about them, there is always someone to complain about something even though the problem is not the skill or the gear. Just looking at the rankings at the US servers reflect this, its pretty balance. The top 30 players in the game only include 9 sins and the other are original classes.
    - sounds good lets do it b:victory

few months later

- b:cryb:cryb:cry omg he is to op i cant do it, i dont know how to kill him b:shocked omg we have to learn tactics now?
    - oh you have tt90 gear or r8 with very little refines and wondering why you can not kill a end game geared, sharded and refined player? is this something new?
    - oh pls help us omg we dying here
    - oh ffs ok what ever we will change it
    Marine - Marshall - Raging Tides - Retired
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    Yes, because people really need 900+ dex or 1000+ magic just for the lulz
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well seeing how everyone is speaking on what the dev's really wanted to do let me put in my thoughts on what they wanted the skill to do.

- oh that is real nice
    - yes it helps squads/ect get out trouble quick, briefly to recover plus no telling what else
    - rock on lets do it
    - what about qq's
    - what about them, there is always someone to complain about something even though the problem is not the skill or the gear. Just looking at the rankings at the US servers reflect this, its pretty balance. The top 30 players in the game only include 9 sins and the other are original classes.

few months later

- b:cryb:cryb:cry omg he is to op i cant do it, i dont know how to kill him b:shocked omg we have to learn tactics now?
    - oh you have tt90 gear or r8 with very little refines and wondering why you can not kill a end game geared, sharded and refined player? is this something new?

Exept that this skill was OP in PvE, not in PvP
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

- oh that is real nice
    - rock on lets do it
    - what about qq's

few months later

Hmm ,I'm not sure what criteria you are using to define "top 30 players" but the original classes had about a good 2 years over the TB. PK kills are also a very poor judge of how someone's in game PvP style/skill actually are...assuming you are judging from those and not just conjuring arbitrary numbers.

Sidenote FYI: 9 is almost a 3rd of your top 30 players, that means you've got nearly a 3rd of "top players" from one class, with the other 2/3 split between 6 different classes. You call this balance?

Even without being told, if a skill's functions go outside what is reasonable, and outside of what the game generally allows for, they can usually be considered unintended. The game was not built originally to accommodate stealth. That was an addition of the new devs. So naturally, old functions and mechanics still in place today will not always be completely compatible with the stealth features of the New devs. There are cracks and loopholes, such as the ability to stealth past something which is level 150. There are all sorts of functions designed by Devs both new and old in order to specifically keep people from skipping necessary bosses/mobs that are level 150. Why would you assume now that this ability to skip them was intended to have with this new skill?
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Source or you're FOS.