Goon Glitch

Options
XSINNERX - Lost City
XSINNERX - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Hey so basically I was on a break from PWI when this Goon Glitch thing happened, all I know is lots of people abused it to get to level 105. Somebody wanna fill me in?
Post edited by XSINNERX - Lost City on

Comments

• Paulrogers - Harshlands
    Paulrogers - Harshlands Posts: 653 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Hey so basically I was on a break from PWI when this Goon Glitch thing happened, all I know is lots of people abused it to get to level 105. Somebody wanna fill me in?

Well in short PWE ****ed up screwed what little balance and fairness was left in the game and after that long Id seriously suggest not coming back, just run. RUNNNN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • XSINNERX - Lost City
    XSINNERX - Lost City Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    nono I've been back for a long time, but I've just never gotten round to asking what it actually was
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    People being able to spawn like 50-100+ FCC Dragons at once from the siren boss and gets massive exp from it.

People got from 101 to 105 in like a two weeks.

The glitch its still there,they just nerfed the exp from dragoons so now its not worth doing anymore.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
    edited May 2012
    Options
    nono I've been back for a long time, but I've just never gotten round to asking what it actually was

Oh well you know the dragon mobs that you do the little pull with if you do FC Past the exp room, the third boss in fc that spawned those could be glitched by resetting it causing hundreds to instantly spawn giving crazy amounts of exp, i was quit during it too though so thats just what i've heard
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    And the best part was, GM pronounced using this glitch as illegal and they told us, that will ban all people using this glitch. If fact they NEVER punish those players. They were lying to honor players about that. They are just incompetent bunch of people. Lv. 105 toons have couple major advantages over lower levels.
    Many players already left and i don't play neither any more.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anonymousposter
    anonymousposter Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well in short PWE ****ed up screwed what little balance and fairness was left in the game and after that long Id seriously suggest not coming back, just run. RUNNNN

Balance is sooooooo very different from 101-105.

People like you need to be banned from the forums.

PWE did not **** up any balance. They rely on China for fixes. Don't blabber about stuff if it so blatantly false.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

PWE did not **** up any balance. They rely on China for fixes. Don't blabber about stuff if it so blatantly false.

PWE were the ones who decided not to ban any of the abusers so yes PWE is the one who screwed up the balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • anonymousposter
    edited May 2012
    Options
    PWE were the ones who decided not to ban any of the abusers so yes PWE is the one who screwed up the balance.

Stupid argument.

China is the company with the programmers. Mistakes start there. Had China not made an exploitable boss then we would not have as many 105s running around.

People leveled to 105 using the exploitable boss and broke the game balance themselves.

Banning people would not restore much considering the difference between 100 and 105 is not that great. I laugh at people who are so up in arms about 105 players. It is the gear and not the levels that really throw game balance out of whack.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options

Stupid argument.

China is the company with the programmers. Mistakes start there. Had China not made an exploitable boss then we would not have as many 105s running around.

LOL if PWE Actually did something to stop people from abusing the bug in the first place we wouldnt have as many 105s running around. PWE had the power to stop people but never did.

People leveled to 105 using the exploitable boss and broke the game balance themselves.

Yes people did abuse the situation and it's mainly because PWE never did anything to stop it. PWE even promised to ban those who glitched than they went around on their word and said you know what they are qqing about getting banned so we wont ban them.

Banning people would not restore much considering the difference between 100 and 105 is not that great. I laugh at people who are so up in arms about 105 players. It is the gear and not the levels that really throw game balance out of whack.

lol.... 5 levels isnt much? Sins being impossible to detect no matter what level you are because there is no way to be higher than them. 5 Attack and Defense levels and 25 stat points isnt much? why do you think people are putting those stats on their rings and stuff and willing to pay millions of gold just to get it?

b:laugh thanks for the laugh.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • anonymousposter
    edited May 2012
    Options
    b:laugh thanks for the laugh.

What could PWE do? Send 10000 GMs to observe what people were doing in instances so they could ban the abusers? There was no real way to police people.

They did ban some abusers of the glitch. What would you like them to do? Perma ban everyone who ever tried goons? Because they would depopulate many of the servers. I do not see reducing the population of the game to be a good thing. 7 day bans probably were too short. But it is not something worth the time to QQ about.

http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Damage#Attack_and_Defense_Levels

Find a source of information that states 5 levels of def/atk come from character level differences. Because attack and defense levels come from gear, not levels.

People put stats are their rings to help maximise their characters damage. But those stats are not going to break the balance of the game to a point people are going to become invincible. Just like 25 stat points won't break the game either.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    What could PWE do? Send 10000 GMs to observe what people were doing in instances so they could ban the abusers? There was no real way to police people.

They did ban some abusers of the glitch. What would you like them to do? Perma ban everyone who ever tried goons? Because they would depopulate many of the servers. I do not see reducing the population of the game to be a good thing. 7 day bans probably were too short. But it is not something worth the time to QQ about.

Find a source of information that states 5 levels of def/atk come from character level differences. Because attack and defense levels come from gear, not levels.

People put stats are their rings to help maximise their characters damage. But those stats are not going to break the balance of the game to a point people are going to become invincible. Just like 25 stat points won't break the game either.
    YES they should ban every1 who used goons, DUE THEY KNEW IT'S ILLEGAL TO USE IT. So they could expect ban for their action.
    This is one of many reasons why PWi dying, why people leaving.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anonymousposter
    edited May 2012
    Options
    YES they should ban every1 who used goons, DUE THEY KNEW IT'S ILLEGAL TO USE IT. So they could expect ban for their action.
    This is one of many reasons why PWi dying, why people leaving.

You do realize that depopulating servers would kill off PWI all the same?And they did ban people. What do you people not understand by that?

And people are leaving because the absurd amounts of time it takes to farm and get equipment more so than because people glitched to 105.
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    To set the record straight, some goon glitchers DID receive a harsh penalty...

...a 3 day ban. b:laugh
  • GumyBear - Raging Tide
    GumyBear - Raging Tide Posts: 365 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    To set the record straight, some goon glitchers DID receive a harsh penalty...

...a 3 day ban. b:laugh

And an even harsher penalty was given, a 24 hr ban b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • star2011star
    star2011star Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    why you hiding behind an phony avitar anonymousposter? because you gooned no doubt
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

I'm not sure where you get your logic from, but you are clearly pulling a one-sided argument.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You do realize that depopulating servers would kill off PWI all the same?And they did ban people. What do you people not understand by that?

And people are leaving because the absurd amounts of time it takes to farm and get equipment more so than because people glitched to 105.
    Ok, I have another solution. they didn't have to ban all users, just lower their levels as a punishment. Did they do that? NO!! They absolutely fail to punish them any way. They made a precedent to the future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options

They banned people and than removed that ban right away due to them QQing people got their way. Goon Glitchers won they got to keep their levels and accounts while making it near impossible for others to catch them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

edited May 2012
    Options

Agreed why are you so eager to hide on this random alt, I smell a 105 sin alt that took a month to get 1-105 b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anonymousposter
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You people make me laugh. No, I did not goon glitch. My highest level toon is nowhere close to being 105.

The crux of all you guys' argument is that you are upset because people did not suffer a punishment sufficient to your standards so the game is broke. But if they ban every single person that did goons the servers would become less populated. But none of you appear smart enough to realize that would be a terrible thing for PWI.

And my guess is that if they wanted to take away peoples' levels, PWE would need to do server rollbacks. Which would be unfair to everyone. Because not only there goes innocent peoples' XP. But there goes items and gear they got from grinding.

I would like to see any one of you try to go through data to determine every single person that glitched goons. Then on an individual basis try to roll back their toons. I am not sure if PWE even has that capability.

Carrying on about something that happened 6 months ago is nothing but crybaby stuff. You guys should start focusing on stuff you enjoy and not other people so much. Maybe if people realized this as a whole there would be so much less QQing on these silly forums.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You people make me laugh. No, I did not goon glitch. My highest level toon is nowhere close to being 105.

The crux of all you guys' argument is that you are upset because people did not suffer a punishment sufficient to your standards so the game is broke. But if they ban every single person that did goons the servers would become less populated. But none of you appear smart enough to realize that would be a terrible thing for PWI.

And my guess is that if they wanted to take away peoples' levels, PWE would need to do server rollbacks. Which would be unfair to everyone. Because not only there goes innocent peoples' XP. But there goes items and gear they got from grinding.

I would like to see any one of you try to go through data to determine every single person that glitched goons. Then on an individual basis try to roll back their toons. I am not sure if PWE even has that capability.

Carrying on about something that happened 6 months ago is nothing but crybaby stuff. You guys should start focusing on stuff you enjoy and not other people so much. Maybe if people realized this as a whole there would be so much less QQing on these silly forums.

Hmm, again this is extremely one-sided. Maybe if you put yourself in someone who followed the rules' shoes, and you would understand why people have been upset, are upset, and will continue to be upset about this problem.

Players who did follow the rules do less damage on the 105s, due to the damage nerf that the game shoves in for players that are 3-4 levels under. The only players that wouldn't get that damage nerf are 103+. There's also the fact that the 105s obtained extra stat points. While these stat points aren't game-changing, they are in fact a significant boost to where ever they added them. A 102 who gooned to 105, for example would obtain 15 stat points. They can be put into vitality, and that's 15 extra vitality (a vit stone + 5 more vit), which is roughly 50m on Heaven's tear + the extra 5 points = 75m? I'm guessing.

There's also the fact that the 105 sins have high stealth, and other sins can't see them unless they are 105 as well. Having the 105 sins in TW was a massive issue back when I was playing the game. Take into consideration that the 105 players don't loose exp upon death, so they don't have to carry any scrolls on them for doing risky business.

Then we get into the morality of the whole incident. The fact that PWE took 7 1/2 months to get us the fix, told the player base not to do it or they would be banned, etc... Then over a year after everything, they state that they will ban everyone and take them off the rankings... Then go back on that statement, unban everyone after 6 hours, and state they won't ban anyone over the issue again. Then they put people back on the rankings.

The fact of the matter is Perfect World Entertainment has given up on this game for the last 2 1/2 years. They killed their live chat support, and have one staff member in total (Frankieraye), who comes on the forums once per week to state whether or not we will have maint. ChaoticShelly said almost two months ago that PWE hired more staff for PWI. Doesn't look like it to me. Most definitely a false statement.

So, the goon glitch is proof of PWE failing to do anything, allowing players to abuse a massive exploit, and then lying to the community. Anyone who didn't abuse said exploit to the maximum (like myself), now must suffer the consequences. Which, if I'm correct - may seem like little stuff, but add everything up and you are running into some issues.

...And don't get me started on the fact that they didn't just use the exploit to get level 105 toons. Getting to 101 would have been extremely easy for people. I'm sure countless alternative characters were exploited to end-game levels via this method.
  • condo2009
    condo2009 Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    you gooned. that is why you're hiding and why you are so defensive. psy 101
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    OP should use search function. There should be plenty of QQ history to read through.

tl;dr version:

There was an alleged glitch in FC which enabled very fast leveling, but also required extreme coordination and uber gear/a more classic squad setup to get the most out of. PWE exploited it more than the players did by publicizing it, making hyper/rank sales, and adopting ridiculous reporting policies. They profited hugely off of it. Overzealous idiots demanded "justice" after the glitch was fixed while most gooners remained unharmed, mostly because they were jealous they didnt take advantage of it when they could. QQ continues to this day.