R8R or g16 vana

Options
afgdh
afgdh Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2012 in Seeker
so i was planning on going rank 8 recast instead of vana because it can get GoF and dual swords do more dmg then a single but now that g16 vana is out im thinking the 40 atk lvl's on g16 dual swords would be better then GoF on R8R but im not sure anyway what do you guys think?
Post edited by afgdh on

Comments

• Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    well first, r8r is a single sword, not a dual swords. also, the GoF for r8r is not 100% sure, unlike the 40 atk lvl for g16 nirvy, which you can get dual sword also. I'm gonna get the g16 sword because its overall damage would be higher then the r8r, who woudl only got a spike damage higher sometimes cuz of GoF
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • afgdh
    afgdh Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    g16 dual swords would do more dmg then r9 and yea i know its not 100% but its like a 24% chance or something which is pretty high but im also thinking the g16 dual are better..
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    afgdh wrote: »
    g16 dual swords would do more dmg then r9 and yea i know its not 100% but its like a 24% chance or something which is pretty high but im also thinking the g16 dual are better..

It's a 7.69% chance to get GoF on a recast r8 sword. Rerolling its stats isn't particularly cheap either, unless you stock up on Eyes of Darkness now and wait for tokens to drop in price.

The dual swords seem like a pretty solid choice, but you'll probably have to farm the mats yourself as they seem to be untradeable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    can someone post a link to a website showing all the weapon ingfo for g16 nv. i wanna check it for different weapons. and also +40 atk lvls? is that for every weapon or just swords. cuz i wanna get nv claws for my bm and this will be above what r9 claws would do.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    can someone post a link to a website showing all the weapon ingfo for g16 nv. i wanna check it for different weapons. and also +40 atk lvls? is that for every weapon or just swords. cuz i wanna get nv claws for my bm and this will be above what r9 claws would do.

There you go.

+40 attack levels is 100% guaranteed on every g16 nirvana weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    There you go.

+40 attack levels is 100% guaranteed on every g16 nirvana weapon.

O.O... did i just ****. *checks pants* yup b:victory
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yeah, g16 nirvana is superior to rank 8 and maybe even rank 9. After three days of doing nothing but warsong, I reforged my astral ballad. Lost the +10 refinement and garnet gem that I had but.. soo worth it lol. I'm hitting harder now than I was then. Unrefined, my sword had the pretty much same physical attack than the r9 sword at +7, and now at +5 it has a about the same phys attack than r9+10. (at +5 atk is like 1329-2100, r9+10 is 1538-2017)
    http://i46.tinypic.com/k4cawp.jpg there is my recast, magic fails lol but I gained a socket so im happy for now, not gonna reforge again until I have chienkun stones for transferring the socket xD
  • Mattiks - Dreamweaver
    Mattiks - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Its all here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1361011
  • doomshop
    doomshop Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yeah, g16 nirvana is superior to rank 8 and maybe even rank 9. After three days of doing nothing but warsong, I reforged my astral ballad. Lost the +10 refinement and garnet gem that I had but.. soo worth it lol. I'm hitting harder now than I was then. Unrefined, my sword had the pretty much same physical attack than the r9 sword at +7, and now at +5 it has a about the same phys attack than r9+10. (at +5 atk is like 1329-2100, r9+10 is 1538-2017)
    http://i46.tinypic.com/k4cawp.jpg there is my recast, magic fails lol but I gained a socket so im happy for now, not gonna reforge again until I have chienkun stones for transferring the socket xD

well the basic dmg might be higher and u have 10more att lvls, but i'd say the r9 weapon still is better due to gof. R8R weap will sure be weaker than the g16 nv weps. A +10 g16 nv dualblade will have about 500 dmg more than the r9 sowrd, that should be abour 2k base dmg more at all, so its a vit build seeker with g16 nv will have the same base att as a pure str seeker with normal r9. Another thing is R9 can be upgraded too, but due to the ridicoulus costs that shouldnt be concerned too much for now, but maybe someday it will be atleast achieveable.

In my opinion, the only thing the g16 nv swords will be superior to r9 is on magic attacks, since those can't zerk. But all in all i guess r9 is still the better choice. i don't know if there is an set bonus as awesome as the r9 set bonus for the g16 nv gears, but i guess the r9 set bonus will be better.
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    G16 vana actually refines g16
  • doomshop
    doomshop Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    G16 vana actually refines g16
    doomshop wrote: »
    ... A +10 g16 nv dualblade will have about 500 dmg more than the r9 sowrd, that should be abour 2k base dmg more at all..

r9 is g16 too so the difference wont be much more than 500 i guess, and without haveing a chance to get gof those 500dmg won't make the g16 nv dualblades superior to normal r9
  • _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver
    _Belgarion_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Looking at the base stats, assuming on the R8R we get GoF and max att+ stats and also assuming 160 dex (153 requirement but take 160 for the extra crit %) and the rest str (345 at level 100), sage mastery and with no other gear factors.

Also using the following expression for the attack damage

( ( 1 + ( ( 2 * STR / 3 ) / 100 ) ) + MAS ) * ( LVL + EQA )

Taken from http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=214921

Radiant Eye Sword: Eon
    900-1371 base physical attack
    Max att + 180 x 3
    God of Frenzy

Base Damage = 4200-8446
    Now with the added crit % of 9% which deals double damage, and the God of Frenzy which deals double damage again (proc rate of 20% taken from http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Gear_Addons)

Damage = Base damage * (1 + (2*crit rate)+(2*GoF rate)+(4*crit rate*GoF rate))*(1+att level)
    = 6938-13952.

Obviously this can be improved upon, this is just a base to look at the top end damage without any other gear effects.

Now for the G16, I'll use the example of the dual swords (stats taken from http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=nl&rurl=translate.google.nl&sl=zh-CN&tl=en&twu=1&u=http://www.pwdatabase.com/cn/items/34762)

Arcadia endless
    1311-1774
    Attack level +40
    Max attack +130 x 3

Base damage = 5926-9508

Now taking the added 40 attack levels and the 9% crit, but now with no GoF, we find that

Damage = 9790-15709

Now assuming my calculations are anywhere near right (which I'll admit is a possibility cause I'm not seriously double checking my maths...) the G16 dual swords seriously out DD the R8R sword in terms of both max and min damage, and provide a more consistent damage due to the proc rate of GoF on the R8R sword. When the GoF and crit occurs the spike damage will be higher than the G16 output due to the effective 4x multiplier on the base damage compared to the maximum 2.4x multiplier on the G16s with a critical hit.

the short answer - g16 seems vastly superior in terms of the average damage dealt, is easier to recast, but r8r provides higher spike damage but is also much harder to get to the stats you want on it. G16 also refines much better than r8r, and so should be the clear winner in a choice between the two. I haven't looked at r9 in this comparison, I might do some time
  • _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary
    _eVeReL_ - Sanctuary Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Damn i wanna get g16 lunar duals now (lunar bcuz they look smexy b:chuckle)
    I crack myself up!! b:laugh b:chuckle b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the first one.
    - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
    This be the reason why this guy is so smart!! b:surrender
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2012
    Options
    doomshop wrote: »
    well the basic dmg might be higher and u have 10more att lvls, but i'd say the r9 weapon still is better due to gof. R8R weap will sure be weaker than the g16 nv weps. A +10 g16 nv dualblade will have about 500 dmg more than the r9 sowrd, that should be abour 2k base dmg more at all, so its a vit build seeker with g16 nv will have the same base att as a pure str seeker with normal r9. Another thing is R9 can be upgraded too, but due to the ridicoulus costs that shouldnt be concerned too much for now, but maybe someday it will be atleast achieveable.

In my opinion, the only thing the g16 nv swords will be superior to r9 is on magic attacks, since those can't zerk. But all in all i guess r9 is still the better choice. i don't know if there is an set bonus as awesome as the r9 set bonus for the g16 nv gears, but i guess the r9 set bonus will be better.

Seeker magic attacks can't zerk?
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter