Comments

• Superfeng - Lost City
    Superfeng - Lost City Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    stop trying to stunlock each other in this endless argument

just go do a 1v1 and get it over with

EDIT: Demon bms are betters, so get over that too
    Superfeng - Level 101 Lost City Blademaster, retired.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    This blows your god mode out of the water:
    http://pwcalc.com/54befa21b7054b2b

You are...leagues past 5.0 with your fists so there really is no gain there. I switched to swords for the higher base damage, added the 3 piece set bonus of -.1 from the pants (had to add them to the boots). Ideally they'd also have +10% elemental defense add on them but couldn't put that in calc. Upgraded your warsong belt to jungle belt for more mdef/attack levels/crit, changed tome for more stats and -int so you can be 4.0 sword base.

Although, now that tier 3 is out this convo is pretty much useless and when pwcalc updates we'll have a whole new crop of these posts *sadface*.

Oh, and the demon vs. sage discussion. Demon wins for a number of reasons in my book. Demon weapon mastery becomes better and better as the base damage of weapons and our multipliers get higher and higher because crit becomes more important. Already with TT100 and first cast Nirvana demon mastery was better.

Demon stuns: better. Even if you opponent can break the stun lock it usually forces them to empty their genie to do so. Not to mention the reliability and the length of the stuns are usually whats needed to end a fight.

Marrows: ...Honestly, the higher our defenses get the more I like sage marrows, but for now there still is that risk of **** yourself over with them by nerfing the opposite defense so much. And in group pvp/tw demon marrows are more balanced. Combine marrows with demon bell though and demon wins.

Golden Bell: Sage marrow is better as a buff ****, demon is better as a tool to use. In PvP, demon bell wins.

Mo Tzu's Taunt vs Loa Tzu: Demon takes 50 chi off the opponent every 30 seconds, sage gets 50 chi every 60 seconds. In fact, the chi argument comes up alot and there is not much unbalancing. Sometimes I'll stun lock my opponent just to build chi with fists. I know I'm not gonna finish the 25k+ barbs that way, but I'm setting it up, something demons can do easier. I also can chi supress better as a demon. Sage has their 50 chi after they die, a Roar that costs 25 instead of 35 chi but is unreliable, and they have a cyclone heel that lasts longer and is usually more useful in pvp. Sage BMs have some benefits in chi management, demon has others. In the end, I think a smart demon BM can manage and utilize their chi much better than a smart sage BM.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Argenesis - Raging Tide
    Argenesis - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    *facehoof*
    http://www.ecatomb.net/skillpwi.php
    Tiger Maw > Sage > 25% chance to gain 20 chi > 3 second cooldown > Spammable
    Roar of the Pride > Sage > Cuts chi cost by 10 > Total Chi Cost = 25

measly low 20 chi after taunt> Sage Tiger Maw > Manages to land chi > Leap back > lose 15 chi > Total out at 25 chi > Able to use Sage Roar and total at 0 chi > Master Li's Technique > 50 Chi

Measly low 20 chi after taunt > Sage Tiger Maw > Fails to gain chi > 25 total chi > Leap back > Master Li's Technique > 50 chi > Chi for roar > Time to use one more Tiger Maw after roar before using other AoE

And of course this is with a lot of unnecessary running around, but the point is you can get even more chi in a manner without genies with sage. Personally, i'd rather just use my genie, but if that means no AD< I can manage with a taunt, since I can just use Master Li's Technique while I AD

A little thing people call Kiting, maybe you've heard of it?

Until you've played both sage and demon and actually learned they're played entirely different, don't diss the sage

The last and final argument I'll make is that a sage BM isn't put as support. If your faction has a sage BM as support, get new leaders. You're on catakill. Since you can gain chi easily, it's easy to use GS, DBB, and HF with genie skills in one go since GS has a chance to only use a single spark. If your sage BMs aren't on a defensive catakilling squad, kill everyone in your faction.

That's it, I'm done arguing with narrow minded dense skulled illogical narrow sighted people who don't fully understand the physics of the game.

BMs doing math? o.O Oh how much I've missed.

I just wanted to comment, while I support demon over sage on a BM, looking a tsome skills I can see the point Saethos is trying to make...

I mean, sage Diamond Sutra becomes worth the spark. The argument for demon DS becoming worth spark comes out to show that sage Highland Cleave takes its place and is more spammable and costs no chi.

Sage Fissure can overdo a wizzies debuff though, so I'd refrain from that.

Sage marrows...Eh, I see your point, but I'd take demon

Sage Tiger maw...eh, ot very frequently used in PvP as it is...Drake Sweep for demon gives chi as well, less chance as you said, but it's an AoE...

Demon Bell vs Sage Bell: I see a lot of BMs get killed because they treat themselves as suicie HF bombs, I'd take sage with a BM like that, but Sae, I've seen you in TW, you don't do that D: I mean yes you die but not like that, you stand your ground. I'd like to see you keep your demon bell.

Never mentioned SagePircing Winds...I suppose that's for the risk of actually losing a spark then so I'll ignore it too.

Sage Farstrike for runners is handy as well

I suppose I can understand why he thinks they're even, but I'd still say demon is better for many already listed reasons.

EDIT: Also, never seen Sae aggravated enough to actually insult someone o.o
    My avatar won't update, I'm not level 38, I swear. b:surrender

Finally 100, now using r8 to farm my t3.
  • SSCaster - Lost City
    SSCaster - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

You are...leagues past 5.0 with your fists so there really is no gain there. I switched to swords for the higher base damage, added the 3 piece set bonus of -.1 from the pants (had to add them to the boots). Ideally they'd also have +10% elemental defense add on them but couldn't put that in calc. Upgraded your warsong belt to jungle belt for more mdef/attack levels/crit, changed tome for more stats and -int so you can be 4.0 sword base.

Although, now that tier 3 is out this convo is pretty much useless and when pwcalc updates we'll have a whole new crop of these posts *sadface*.

Oh, and the demon vs. sage discussion. Demon wins for a number of reasons in my book. Demon weapon mastery becomes better and better as the base damage of weapons and our multipliers get higher and higher because crit becomes more important. Already with TT100 and first cast Nirvana demon mastery was better.

Demon stuns: better. Even if you opponent can break the stun lock it usually forces them to empty their genie to do so. Not to mention the reliability and the length of the stuns are usually whats needed to end a fight.

Marrows: ...Honestly, the higher our defenses get the more I like sage marrows, but for now there still is that risk of **** yourself over with them by nerfing the opposite defense so much. And in group pvp/tw demon marrows are more balanced. Combine marrows with demon bell though and demon wins.

Golden Bell: Sage marrow is better as a buff ****, demon is better as a tool to use. In PvP, demon bell wins.

Mo Tzu's Taunt vs Loa Tzu: Demon takes 50 chi off the opponent every 30 seconds, sage gets 50 chi every 60 seconds. In fact, the chi argument comes up alot and there is not much unbalancing. Sometimes I'll stun lock my opponent just to build chi with fists. I know I'm not gonna finish the 25k+ barbs that way, but I'm setting it up, something demons can do easier. I also can chi supress better as a demon. Sage has their 50 chi after they die, a Roar that costs 25 instead of 35 chi but is unreliable, and they have a cyclone heel that lasts longer and is usually more useful in pvp. Sage BMs have some benefits in chi management, demon has others. In the end, I think a smart demon BM can manage and utilize their chi much better than a smart sage BM.

Saku, I really hate to do this to ya. But I'm gonna have to start pointing out flaws in your build.

1.) The three piece set bonus given to the BM's is a +15% magic reduction, not a -.1 interval. That -.1 is used on the sin (and archer, not sure for their set though as I had never looked at it).

2.) How does jungle belt beat a G16 Warsong belt? In both the m.def and def lvls. Though I guess if you want more attack you could do the Jungle belt, so this is a give-way of which you want more of.

3.) JoSD in the wep? Seriously man :(??? That is so saddening to see you do >.<
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Saku, I really hate to do this to ya. But I'm gonna have to start pointing out flaws in your build.

1.) The three piece set bonus given to the BM's is a +15% magic reduction, not a -.1 interval. That -.1 is used on the sin (and archer, not sure for their set though as I had never looked at it).

2.) How does jungle belt beat a G16 Warsong belt? In both the m.def and def lvls. Though I guess if you want more attack you could do the Jungle belt, so this is a give-way of which you want more of.

3.) JoSD in the wep? Seriously man :(??? That is so saddening to see you do >.<

1. Ah, you're right. It's been a while since I bothered to look it up.
    2. Another flaw in my memory. The G16 jungle belt is relatively cheap to obtain, probably cheaper than a single warsong belt and gives almost as much mdef as a G16 warsong belt, which takes 9 x G14 warsong belts to obtain making it 9 times more expensive. A G16 jungle is better than either a G14 or G15 warsong but I guess not better than a G16. Also, in terms of attack level vs def levels, with the diminishing returns on their gains 3 attack levels would give 2.2% more atk, 5 defense levels would give 2.9% more def so they're pretty close.
    3. JoSD is a valid weapon shard and I did it to balance the def levels I removed from the build. Its a better choice in axes than fists and for TWing but the build has insane dps so I figured throw in more def.

Hmm, guess my build was a bit of a **** job. Although trade out the R8 pants for G15 Lunar vana pants and it still has almost double the dps of Perses "god mode". I forgot to mention that I couldn't add GoF on my sword as the unique add but it could be there.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    There is no God mode build BM, only GMs have that and cash shopped R9+12 JOSD ones.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • SSCaster - Lost City
    SSCaster - Lost City Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    1. Ah, you're right. It's been a while since I bothered to look it up.
    2. Another flaw in my memory. The G16 jungle belt is relatively cheap to obtain, probably cheaper than a single warsong belt and gives almost as much mdef as a G16 warsong belt, which takes 9 x G14 warsong belts to obtain making it 9 times more expensive. A G16 jungle is better than either a G14 or G15 warsong but I guess not better than a G16. Also, in terms of attack level vs def levels, with the diminishing returns on their gains 3 attack levels would give 2.2% more atk, 5 defense levels would give 2.9% more def so they're pretty close.
    3. JoSD is a valid weapon shard and I did it to balance the def levels I removed from the build. Its a better choice in axes than fists and for TWing but the build has insane dps so I figured throw in more def.

Hmm, guess my build was a bit of a **** job. Although trade out the R8 pants for G15 Lunar vana pants and it still has almost double the dps of Perses "god mode". I forgot to mention that I couldn't add GoF on my sword as the unique add but it could be there.

Well the original build was intended in a 1v1 situation and/or PvE situation. In a mass PvP situation then an axe would easily do better for the build.

But yeah, the sword does have a higher base dmg so with the APS to back it that could occur where it would out damage a fist, but man that would take a lot of cash and time. But would be so epicly funny to see xD
  • pieman001
    pieman001 Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Demon gets 4% crit if you learn all level 11 masteries. Sage gets a 15% weapon damage bonus, not a pure damage bonus.

???but then you'd have to wield all four weapons at once no?These passive skills don't just add it permanently.You have to wield the right weapon for it to activate.Unless i'm wrong then that would be awesome. But i'm sure i'm right because if you were right, then you would be able to stack 75%+75%+75%+75% right?. so really it's is still just 75%+ 1 crit.
  • Crones - Heavens Tear
    Crones - Heavens Tear Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    http://pwcalc.com/1a95616d738c0a33

5 APS Base, Demon, Unsparked, fully sharded, self-buffed.

I really don't think there is much that can withstand those fists (Jones is at 55, to make up for the +25 on fists).

I mean, 64 attack levels is what....a 30% increase to damage? (idk the exact forumla for this), then add in base damage and the fact this is 5 aps base...

lol....

in my opinion there is no such thing as god mode for a bm also r8 recast armor can only have 3 stats so vit+12 and int-0.05 3 times wont happen and even without the vit your looking at most likely 200 reroll just to get a double int on the armor, also double engraves on the same stat on a ring are super rare. if this bm is for tw i can see the JoSD but if you only play for PvE and you dont tw this build is a waste of money better off just to go full vit gem, if this is for tw your a fail bm. TW is fought with axes not fists if you were smart. you don't want to give barbs chi fast as you are killing them, and if using axes all the interval will help you with nothing. A bms job in tw is to crowd control, we basically marrow anti stun run into big piles stun hf and die. wash, rinse, repeat. also remember to use apocs for desired results :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    When you counter, you don't let them cut you...
    When you protect someone, you don't let them die...
    When you attack, KILL!!!!
    I've found my resolve.
  • FateBlade - Lost City
    FateBlade - Lost City Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Noobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

I thought only archers and sins got the -.1 int bonus from three peices
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I thought only archers and sins got the -.1 int bonus from three peices

check post 35 and 36
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options

...Those boots defy game physics, what with the .25 interval and all

EDIT: maybe I shouldn't slack on reading...

BM 3 piece bonus is 15% magic damage reduction as seen here: http://i913.photobucket.com/albums/ac335/Squee251/r8recast.jpg
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    check post 35 and 36

didnt see that