Elementclient.exe has stopped working

Divinemetal - Sanctuary
Divinemetal - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
edited January 2013 in Support Desk
I have posted this twice already and Sizzer has tried analyzing my problem and assisting me, but alas the problem remains. I have four accounts on Sanctuary and after the latest update, I can log into 3 of the 4 accounts. What has got me pissed is the one account I cannot log into is my main account. Tech support had me waste at least 10 hours of my life updating drivers that were updated, uninstalling the game and reinstalling, verifying files for 5 hrs at a time etc. If I can log into the other three accounts and play with no issue, isn't it obvious that the problem is on their end, and not mine? Everytime I try to log into my main account, I get an error message that states "elementclient.exe has stopped working". Any genius out there have any idea why this is happening only only ONE account? I really would like to log into my main account and use the new content while I have a three day weekend! Me love you long time if you can help me!
Post edited by Divinemetal - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    i had this problem as well, but sadly i have no anti virus software of any sort running,
    only windows defender which should be a problem

i ended up uninstalling and re installing
    got game running but now i cant play my main character...
    I guess there's a big problem at there end,coz not everyone can have the same problem and its obvious they won't admit it till a majority of players spam there system with same and same problem ! Many ppl are facing the same issue after this stoopid expansion !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2012
    ok. the account you can't log into....
    Can you get to the character screen, or not even that far?

I've had an issue a couple of times where I was unable to log into a character. Turns out the character was in a "buggy location", (apparently there's little pockets of them all over PW), and because of that it would crash my client while it was loading data.

The fix for tat is to hold down the "W" key after you select your character, while the loading screen is up. It may take a few tries, but your toon will move before you actually see the screen. (because your toon is loaded into the game before it loads the graphics on your PC.)
    It may take a few tries, but that should fix it if that is the situation.

If it's kicking you out as soon as you enter your password, and you're not seeing the character menu at all, then I'm out of ideas. Especially if it's working on other accounts. It would seen that it's having trouble loading something on the character that's selected and that is crashing it.

Maybe go to a friends and see if you can log into your account on their PC. That would tell you if it's your client/system, or something on the server side.

Edit: Read your other posts.. here's something else to try....
    1. If you haven't yet, I would run the full DirectX installer again, and remember to run as administrator.
    2. ALWAYS run the client as administrator. Right-click the icon, click "Properties", click the "Compatibility" tab, click the box at the bottom where it says "Run as Administrator" and click "OK". (DO NOT select any other boxes in the compatibility tab. I will prevent your client from running properly.)
    3. Do you have antivirus software? If you, you HAVE to add the client directory to the exceptions list to prevent your antivirus from "cleaning" the files. There is some code that the client uses that 90% of antivirus software out there will flag and clean. If your software is cleaning the files, it doesn't matter how many times you download and re-install or verify, your antivirus will keep "cleaning" the files which is basically then corrupting your client.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Divinemetal - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    ok. the account you can't log into....
    Can you get to the character screen, or not even that far?

I've had an issue a couple of times where I was unable to log into a character. Turns out the character was in a "buggy location", (apparently there's little pockets of them all over PW), and because of that it would crash my client while it was loading data.

The fix for tat is to hold down the "W" key after you select your character, while the loading screen is up. It may take a few tries, but your toon will move before you actually see the screen. (because your toon is loaded into the game before it loads the graphics on your PC.)
    It may take a few tries, but that should fix it if that is the situation.

If it's kicking you out as soon as you enter your password, and you're not seeing the character menu at all, then I'm out of ideas. Especially if it's working on other accounts. It would seen that it's having trouble loading something on the character that's selected and that is crashing it.

Maybe go to a friends and see if you can log into your account on their PC. That would tell you if it's your client/system, or something on the server side.

Edit: Read your other posts.. here's something else to try....
    1. If you haven't yet, I would run the full DirectX installer again, and remember to run as administrator.
    2. ALWAYS run the client as administrator. Right-click the icon, click "Properties", click the "Compatibility" tab, click the box at the bottom where it says "Run as Administrator" and click "OK". (DO NOT select any other boxes in the compatibility tab. I will prevent your client from running properly.)
    3. Do you have antivirus software? If you, you HAVE to add the client directory to the exceptions list to prevent your antivirus from "cleaning" the files. There is some code that the client uses that 90% of antivirus software out there will flag and clean. If your software is cleaning the files, it doesn't matter how many times you download and re-install or verify, your antivirus will keep "cleaning" the files which is basically then corrupting your client.

Well, I get the username/pw window up, enter my info then it logs into game, it goes to the account, but no characters show, I click the little pop up with the done button on it right before characters show and it goes into the "elementclient.exe" has stopped working and boots me. I have also not clicked the done button and either way, I dont see any of my toons on that account. But as I stated, nothing with my other three accounts (catshop, sage buff barbarian for my mains and failed toons). I have been trying pressing the W thing a few times already and it still doesnt load. I'm still trying periodically, but nada so far
  • tianmoon
    tianmoon Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Is it possible that it's having problems loading a piece of gear on the currently selected character? A friend and I are both having this problem after this week's update on our main accounts only. I had my R8 recast weapon on at the time and she was putting on her R8 recast weapon when we got the elementclient.exe has stopped working message.
  • Kiki - Raging Tide
    Kiki - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    tianmoon wrote: »
    Is it possible that it's having problems loading a piece of gear on the currently selected character? A friend and I are both having this problem after this week's update on our main accounts only. I had my R8 recast weapon on at the time and she was putting on her R8 recast weapon when we got the elementclient.exe has stopped working message.
    i also cant log on my main character on my account and it has r8 recast weapon, chest and pants, all other characters load fine, even one that had same makeover as her.

i know we're picking at strings, but who know
    SylenThunder has been helping me out as well, but sadly still nothing has helped :(
    edited May 2012
    This is an odd situation indeed. I too was tinkering with newly recast rank 8 boots for my psychic. I recasted my sphere and top, and completed my boots shortly before the patch. Afterwards, I was not able to access that account anymore. You may be right, we are picking at strings, but maybe we have found a common parallel.
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Sounds like a corrupted mesh file. If this is the case you should be able to log in on a friends computer. Unless of course it's a universal file corruption in which case your friends game would crash in the same manner.
  • Crystabella - Heavens Tear
    Crystabella - Heavens Tear Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It's a universal file corruption as it doesn't matter if you change computers etc. They need to create a patch to update the affected files so people can resume playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vyvyan - Dreamweaver
    Vyvyan - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Not totally sure but think under user data, the config file logs the last char logged from the selection screen. If someone is motivated enough to figure out where and how to change, at least people crashing could log in on another char on that account.
    edited May 2012
    Not totally sure but think under user data, the config file logs the last char logged from the selection screen. If someone is motivated enough to figure out where and how to change, at least people crashing could log in on another char on that account.

No, I looked. I believe that data is stored on the server side. If someone has a ticket open on t his though, maybe ask if they can change what character is selected at login.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiki - Raging Tide
    Kiki - Raging Tide Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    so looks like maybe r8 recast for psy is bugged?
    everything has been scrubbed clean on my end,
    time to get scrubbin pwi
    hope this is fixed with new patch.. b:angry.
    edited May 2012
    No, I looked. I believe that data is stored on the server side. If someone has a ticket open on t his though, maybe ask if they can change what character is selected at login.

I am in the process of verifying files yet again at the request of tech support, (yippeeeee five more hours wasted), but I did update my open ticket to see if they could change the character at log in to see if that does anything. After dealing with these guys a few times, it sure seems like they are just responding from some prescripted bull and not really analyzing or trying to fix our problems. Three emails already suggested i verify, uninstall and reinstall the game (which I did twice already) and the problem is still here......Thanks to SylenThunder and Sizzer <3. I would not be surprised if one of you come up with a solution before those guys.
    edited May 2012
    ... After dealing with these guys a few times, it sure seems like they are just responding from some prescripted bull and not really analyzing or trying to fix our problems. ...
    Yeah not surprised, that's my usual experience. And that's if it doesn't take a month to get a response.

Also, yes, it's a violation of ToS to modify the files, but I'm tearing apart the assembly code in elementclient.exe to see if I can find anything in my spare time. If I do discover a solid fix, I will send the code to the devs. (In China, not here.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Changuita - Harshlands
    Changuita - Harshlands Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Just to add to this thread a little- I have the same problem logging into my main... and yes I have the recast r8 sphere and cannot log that account on the server with the affected weapon. So we have narrowed it down to that. Super... now fix!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    A quick solution has been found now have a look at it
    But do it at your own risk don't blame anyone since we are players not Dev's !
    b:surrender
    Thanks Bubbles b:thanksb:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • legendarykankuro
    legendarykankuro Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hmmmm, i have a weird problem similar to all of yours but.
    When i load the game, it updates successfully and i am allowed to press the orange start button. but once i click it, there is some weird writing that comes up and im allowed to either press 'yes' or 'no' i tried both options too but it goes black screen, i can see the PWI cursor but then it goes back to desktop saying ''Elementclient.exe has stopped working

Any ideas why?

I use Windows 7 b:shocked b:shocked

I love this game and im looking forward to your help getting me back in the game<3

b:victory

PS - Im talking about the SIRENS OF WAR Version
  • cresms#4515
    cresms#4515 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    I am having the same issue. I do not have any R8-9 or anything but I have not been able to play the game for two days. I am a 95 mysti I can log onto my friends computer fine, and then If i return to my laptop I crash and my computer basically has to be shut down for me to even do anything- Search web, anything. I dont know what is up but I am not able to play on one character, the rest work. But I only play on the character that is "bugged."
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited January 2013
    hmmmm, i have a weird problem similar to all of yours but.
    When i load the game, it updates successfully and i am allowed to press the orange start button. but once i click it, there is some weird writing that comes up and im allowed to either press 'yes' or 'no' i tried both options too but it goes black screen, i can see the PWI cursor but then it goes back to desktop saying ''Elementclient.exe has stopped working

Any ideas why?

I use Windows 7 b:shocked b:shocked

I love this game and im looking forward to your help getting me back in the game<3

b:victory

PS - Im talking about the SIRENS OF WAR Version
    I will need a copy of your dxdiag.txt file, and a link to a published Speccy report taken while you are having the issues.
    (Remember to use the [code] tags for the dxdiag info and to remove any trademark characters so it doesn't get cut off.)
    mrztaletoe wrote: »
    I am having the same issue. I do not have any R8-9 or anything but I have not been able to play the game for two days. I am a 95 mysti I can log onto my friends computer fine, and then If i return to my laptop I crash and my computer basically has to be shut down for me to even do anything- Search web, anything. I dont know what is up but I am not able to play on one character, the rest work. But I only play on the character that is "bugged."

If it's only happening on your PC, then it's local to your system.

Which basically means that your files are corrupt.

Verify your files at least twice and then try again.
    (Don't forget to fix your antivirus before you do.)
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith