Soo.. Quivers what?

Options
KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Archer
I was going through the PWdatabase to verify I gave the correct arrow name for a question asked in the general section. And I stumbled upon these...

Apparently they drop in our version I have yet to see them... unless it's implemented and said item that drops doesn't include the word quiver in it?

Projectile Add makes me think that it spawns X numbers of arrows between the value given?
50-150 in this case

Or am I thinking too hard on this? -_-
[SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
Post edited by KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I always assumed it was just some functional entity that you never actually saw in-practice. Maybe its entire purpose is to randomize the number of arrows dropped (in that case 50-150) and then convert itself into a single stack of (that amount of) arrows?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I always assumed it was just some functional entity that you never actually saw in-practice. Maybe its entire purpose is to randomize the number of arrows dropped (in that case 50-150) and then convert itself into a single stack of (that amount of) arrows?

Well while I agree with that and my thoughts were something of that affect... I thought maybe someone else might have another view on it or something?

Edit:

It makes more sense when I view the Mobs that drop them. (They don't list arrows in stand-alone format) So Ill go with the assumption that it drops the quiver which then generates X amount of arrows which is what you pick up.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    this theory makes sense. During 2X, the number of Ammo that mobs drop does not have a corresponding increase. If X mob drops 50-150 arrows during non-2x play per stack, it will still drop one or more stacks of arrows with 50-150 in each stack, during 2x.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Ammo is unique I think in that they are the only drop that drops as a stack (not counting gold). It looks like they did some cheesy post-drop **** with Quivers to actually implement it rather than having a more robust drop ability.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Ammo is unique I think in that they are the only drop that drops as a stack (not counting gold). It looks like they did some cheesy post-drop **** with Quivers to actually implement it rather than having a more robust drop ability.
    That sounds about right. You wouldn't want to modify the whole drop system to accommodate one item. On the other hand, it's kinda funny how the drop system doesn't allow for that kind of thing on its own, but if you put it into the code of another item, suddenly it works. I guess even the original devs had a few kludges in there. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    That sounds about right. You wouldn't want to modify the whole drop system to accommodate one item.

They really should have though. Consider in Nirvana how they wanted to have the boss drop 100 perfect stones but they had no ability to drop that many. To work around this they put the entire drop table into a dumb chest quest reward which opened up the instance to scammers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide
    Traydor_Styx - Raging Tide Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Stack like gold. b:dirty You mean like coins? I mean offline is gold while ingame it's coin. :o
    Born to be an Assassin, raised as a Thief.

Keliska - RT 70
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I think that it adds a random p attack value within its range when you attack per arrow.

So if it says 50-150, then I think every time you attack, it'll add a number between 50 and 150 to your p attack (which then is affected by multipliers/etc).
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I think that it adds a random p attack value within its range when you attack per arrow.

So if it says 50-150, then I think every time you attack, it'll add a number between 50 and 150 to your p attack (which then is affected by multipliers/etc).

No it's a drop table....

The damage on the arrows are on a fixed rate.
    Example
    +3 Physical attack

+140 Physical attack (Also adds +1% crit not mentioned)
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3