Barb accuracy glitches

Options
AlmaMater - Dreamweaver
AlmaMater - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Barbarian
I have read in some posts, about two potential ways to increase accuracy for a barb to 100%, but I am not sure whether these claims are accurate.
So could someone please confirm / refute whether:

- you can glitch a boss by using Devour as your first skill, which is supposed to give you 100% accuracy untill the boss dies.

- the use of Tangling Mire raises the accuracy on all mobs affected to 100% (probably for 10 secs), also for the use of AOE skills.

I have looked around on the forums to get further confirmation on these issues but could not find much, so I am hesistant to accept them as true. But still, if any (or both) of them would be true it would be useful information.
Post edited by AlmaMater - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ream is 100% accuricy.

human form have a few 100% accuricy skill so having 50 dex dosent matter for barbs
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Any physical defense debuff skill works, so devour and penetrate armor for barbs, Glacial Spike for BMs...

I tested this a while back and it was true. I did not test if Tangling Mire works also but thats the rumor.

It only works in PvE and only needs to be done once. Once you land (attack has to succeed) your debuff you will have 100% accuracy until the mob dies, even if the debuff goes away. This works on mobs and bosses. It doesn't work on players.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Any physical defense debuff skill works, so devour and penetrate armor for barbs, Glacial Spike for BMs...

I tested this a while back and it was true. I did not test if Tangling Mire works also but thats the rumor.

It only works in PvE and only needs to be done once. Once you land (attack has to succeed) your debuff you will have 100% accuracy until the mob dies, even if the debuff goes away. This works on mobs and bosses. It doesn't work on players.

barb the skill work on player tho wish mean we dont need dex in pvp or pve
    but we will keep missing on most skill tho
    but a few skill who always hit on player with no acc is still a good thing
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    barb the skill work on player tho wish mean we dont need dex in pvp or pve
    but we will keep missing on most skill tho
    but a few skill who always hit on player with no acc is still a good thing

nope, the glitch doesn't work on pvp, i've tested many times with my friend's archer, devour > auto atk few times, the fact it that i missed half of the auto atks in 30 seconds. im sure it doesn't work on pvp.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ope, the glitch doesn't work on pvp, i've tested many times with my friend's archer, devour > auto atk few times, the fact it that i missed half of the auto atks in 30 seconds. im sure it doesn't work on pvp.[/COLOR]

-most people that post in a harsh color probably shouldn't post. Devour has to hit to be effective on acc.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    -most people that post in a harsh color probably shouldn't post. Devour has to hit to be effective on acc.

His post was accurate, though. The accuracy glitch is on PvE mobs/bosses only and doesn't work on players or in PvP. Even if Devour lands on an archer it won't effect the accuracy of your next hits.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
    edited May 2012
    Options
    -Hi my name is tweakz and i don't know wtf i'm saying b:sad

im a dex barb so my devour (without Bloodbath) lands like 7 of the 10 times i use on the archer, i wouldn't post if i wasn't sureb:bye
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    im a dex barb so my devour (without Bloodbath) lands like 7 of the 10 times i use on the archer, i wouldn't post if i wasn't sureb:bye

Psssh then you end up missing 'half of my auto attacks for the next 30 seconds'.

70% chance of hit with devour = 50% chance of hitting with auto attack

Seems legit b:avoid
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Psssh then you end up missing 'half of my auto attacks for the next 30 seconds'.

70% chance of hit with devour = 50% chance of hitting with auto attack

Seems legit b:avoid

killed you 3 times, you didn't showed on video...

seems legit b:avoid
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

This just made my night b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • snufalufaguss
    snufalufaguss Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

LMAO b:laugh
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited May 2012
    Options

Killed +10 JoSD/vit R9 barb as an archer

edited May 2012
    Options
    Killed +10 JoSD/vit R9 barb as an archer

when i was on laptop, with 3k ping, even a blind could see i was laggingb:cry
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited May 2012
    Options
    when i was on laptop, with 3k ping, even a blind could see i was laggingb:cry

yeah and the three times that you beat me I was playing with my toaster via chopsticks and FRAPS crashed
  • tweakz
    edited May 2012
    Options
    What are the opinions on Sage Bestial Rage? I tend to use Blood Bath when using it and have read another barb's complaint about the channeling time.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    What are the opinions on Sage Bestial Rage? I tend to use Blood Bath when using it and have read another barb's complaint about the channeling time.

You mean Sage Bestial Onslaught. It gains about 750 more damage over level 10, and sage increases the channeling by .7 seconds to become a never misses skill.

The complaint is that it cannot zerk. This means that you have a 2.2 second cast+channeling skill with 100% accuracy and about double your normal dph but it can't zerk / zerk+crit. Alot of barbs PvP by weathering their opponents attacks till they land a lucky spike damage hit and this loss of a 100% accurate zerk upsets them. My opinion... Meh, if you're gambling on luck hoping you get a zerk crit instead of using skill then maybe you shouldn't be pvping.

If you use Bloodbath with this skill level 10 is probably better than sage. Loss of zerk and the longer channeling penalty doesn't make up for 100% accuracy on a hard hitting skill.
    If you don't use bloodbath than not zerking but at least landing the hit is usually better than alot of the 60 dex barbs chances of making contact. I think of some barbs who hit my sin about 1/6 times average and can go 10+ average attacks without touching my sin. Landing one without the 15% chance to zerk is better than having a 15% chance to zerk but missing 83% of the time.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    yeah and the three times that you beat me I was playing with my toaster via chopsticks and FRAPS crashed

If only it had been plugged in/metal chopsticks. b:cry
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • tweakz
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You mean Sage Bestial Onslaught. It gains about 750 more damage over level 10, and sage increases the channeling by .7 seconds to become a never misses skill.

The complaint is that it cannot zerk. This means that you have a 2.2 second cast+channeling skill with 100% accuracy and about double your normal dph but it can't zerk / zerk+crit. Alot of barbs PvP by weathering their opponents attacks till they land a lucky spike damage hit and this loss of a 100% accurate zerk upsets them. My opinion... Meh, if you're gambling on luck hoping you get a zerk crit instead of using skill then maybe you shouldn't be pvping.

If you use Bloodbath with this skill level 10 is probably better than sage. Loss of zerk and the longer channeling penalty doesn't make up for 100% accuracy on a hard hitting skill.
    If you don't use bloodbath than not zerking but at least landing the hit is usually better than alot of the 60 dex barbs chances of making contact. I think of some barbs who hit my sin about 1/6 times average and can go 10+ average attacks without touching my sin. Landing one without the 15% chance to zerk is better than having a 15% chance to zerk but missing 83% of the time.

You're right it was onslaught. I'm pve only, and even got the hellfire hatchets from morai. I'm thinking of learning it for the extra dmg I can do from range as well. -You know those kiting mobs that walk through walls.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You're right it was onslaught. I'm pve only, and even got the hellfire hatchets from morai. I'm thinking of learning it for the extra dmg I can do from range as well. -You know those kiting mobs that walk through walls.

Yah, a trick I use for killing things on my cleric is use my environment and stand behind a rock or tree to attack. It gives me that much more time to kill things before they reach me. I was surprised the first few times in Morai I went to range a mob standing behind a rock and it walked straight at me through the rock. Physics fail.
  • tweakz
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I went and learned both Sage Bestial Onslaught and Blood Bath since I'm loving my Barb so much. Just wanted to say; thanks for the info!