Quick Questions

xgenusx
xgenusx Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Greetings Perfect World Players,

Before asking, lemme introduce myself, so that it can make things less awkward, knowing who you're talking to. My name is Genus (Online Alias Obviously) Friends call me Mike, or Mikey. I've played perfect world on and off, never actually took the game seriously past level 11 (Sad to admit). That is all going to change, because I am coming back, and ready to play and become good in this game.

Anywho, on with my question, sorry to just dawdle about myself, but here is my question(s).

What is Max Level?

I like a high max level in games. Gives more to look foreword to.

Can I purchase a mount without having to use the cash shop?

Most games require real money for mounts. I think every game should let mounts me in-game purchase. But hey, whatever if it's cash shop.

What is the economy like on Perfect World?

On many games, you need to be quite wealthy in game in order to have decent equips, and ridiculously rich in order to have GOOD equips. Is this true, or can you have an average amount of gold to have decent equips. Pretty much, are items pricey in-game?

Even though I've played, I can't remember much. How is the community? Are people nice? Jerks? A lot of trolls?

And Lastly, is blade master the only class that is good at soloing? I noticed when looking through the classes, that blademaster said that it was specifically good at soloing after level 60. I thought about it, and wondered if it were the only class able to do this. (I might make a blade master anyway, but I like to have options)

If I have any more questions I will edit them in (i.e. "EDIT: (my message here))

In regards,
Genus
Post edited by xgenusx on

Comments

• MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    What is Max Level?

Uhm yes, with in game coin, but it would be tough to do at low level without spending a little bit of real life coin.

Most games require real money for mounts. I think every game should let mounts me in-game purchase. But hey, whatever if it's cash shop.

Well it's nuts now since they just did a major update and prices of certain high end things and basic tokens have gone bonkers. But the gold price on Lost has been steady at 1.3 - 1.4 mil coin per gold for months now.

On many games, you need to be quite wealthy in game in order to have decent equips, and ridiculously rich in order to have GOOD equips. Is this true, or can you have an average amount of gold to have decent equips. Pretty much, are items pricey in-game?

Ha ha. You need to be filthy rich for good gear. b:chuckle

Even though I've played, I can't remember much. How is the community? Are people nice? Jerks? A lot of trolls?

Lots of everything.

And Lastly, is blade master the only class that is good at soloing? I noticed when looking through the classes, that blademaster said that it was specifically good at soloing after level 60. I thought about it, and wondered if it were the only class able to do this. (I might make a blade master anyway, but I like to have options)

Sin and BM most overpowered due to high attacks per second. Sin also has Blood Paint which is party buff that allows character to heal themselves when attack so high attack per second becomes really over powered. If you go with BM you probably want an alt sin for the BP buff if you want to truly be independent and solo.
  • xgenusx
    edited May 2012
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Sin is from........ I can't remember its been so long. The water people, correct? Also, which would you recommend for someone like me, judging by how much I've played. Blade Master, or Sin?
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    xgenusx wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but a Sin is from........ I can't remember its been so long. The water people, correct? Also, which would you recommend for someone like me, judging by how much I've played. Blade Master, or Sin?

The Tideborn.

I would recommend a BM, seeing as how they are wanted more for other instances where AoEs are required (Such as Rebirth Delta) and they are cheeper to build if you're taking the APS route.

(However, while a Sin is more expensive to build up, they can solo things way easier thanks to stealth and their insane DPS...)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • xgenusx
    edited May 2012
    The Tideborn.

I would recommend a BM, seeing as how they are wanted more for other instances where AoEs are required (Such as Rebirth Delta) and they are cheeper to build if you're taking the APS route.

(However, while a Sin is more expensive to build up, they can solo things way easier thanks to stealth and their insane DPS...)

Sorry for the "noob" question but can you briefly explain APS and DPS?
    edited May 2012
    Sorry for the "noob" question but can you briefly explain APS and DPS?

APS - Attacks per Second (higher amounts obtained by wearing gear with the bonuses of "-Interval Between Attacks" or "-Int" Gear.
    DPS - Damage per Second
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • xgenusx
    edited May 2012
    APS - Attacks per Second (higher amounts obtained by wearing gear with the bonuses of "-Interval Between Attacks" or "-Int" Gear.
    DPS - Damage per Second
    b:pleased

Okay so if I want to be good at soloing, what should I choose?

Many thanks.
  • beforesun
    beforesun Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    If you want PvE and do only normal Quests: All classes can solo their quests (exept for bosses, which are only at the beginning)
    If you want to farm lower lvl Instanzes(lower lvl BHs and TT): Veno or Myst can solo them. Myst a bit later, when the MP issue is solved(at lvl 75 finally)
    If you talk about endgame: Forget it. Either you spend Monney like hell and get R9+10 or Maybe even 3d recast Nirvana +10 you are able to solo almost everything. But if not you will have difficulties to solo. And further more most new instances are designed to work with others. So soloing them is not an option, because it simply doesn't work.

This game is ment to be plyed together with other ppl. if you want to do it alone you can do some stuff with a certain lvl, but the stuff that really interests you in the lvl you are in is most of the time impossible to solo.(Not talking about the R9+12 sins soloing BH99)

For the Question, what should I choose: Take what you like most. If you ask what is wanted most: Barbs, Clerics for the normal stuff. If its about Nirvana: Sin,BM . If it's FC or Delta: Seeker, Barb.
    Class almost never asked for: Wizzard.
  • My_Camry - Heavens Tear
    My_Camry - Heavens Tear Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    beforesun wrote: »
    Class almost never asked for: Wizzard.
    Not a wizard myself, but Wizards are always requested in Delta/FF/Caster nirvana
    Wizards also great PVP class.
    edited May 2012
    If you're talking about the best for strictly soloing high-end instances, I'd say Assassins. APS-build Barbs and BMs arent quite as quick/efficient at killing things 1v1, but they offer other supportive skills, allowing them to benefit more in parties too (and therefore, they're wanted more, especially since there's an overabundance of Sins).

Thats how I see it, anyways.
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    What is Max Level?

Uhm yes, with in game coin, but it would be tough to do at low level without spending a little bit of real life coin.

True

Well it's nuts now since they just did a major update and prices of certain high end things and basic tokens have gone bonkers. But the gold price on Lost has been steady at 1.3 - 1.4 mil coin per gold for months now.

It have been nuts

Ha ha. You need to be filthy rich for good gear. b:chuckle

Not true, there are good gears that are relatively cheap / free. Apparently you have no idea how undervalued most of the good gears are.

Lots of everything.

True

Sin and BM most overpowered due to high attacks per second. Sin also has Blood Paint which is party buff that allows character to heal themselves when attack so high attack per second becomes really over powered. If you go with BM you probably want an alt sin for the BP buff if you want to truly be independent and solo.

Not true at all, that's a bunch of BS. I have squad with a lot of them and they can't even tank wurlord in TT2-1 properly and I end up tanking wurlord as a werefox. Also BP is overrated TBH. Werefox is the most overpowered since they oddly solo almost everything even without gear, how will the OP get these high APS gears he/she is new? Cash shopping? Not even merchant jobs help unless he/she have boutique items on him/her. This only applies for endgame cash shoppers or old gamers with 100+ or above werefox alts to finance their BMs / sins.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • shopitup
    shopitup Posts: 178 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    What is Max Level?

105, as people have stated. However: there's next to no new content available past level 101, and the XP required to level past 101 goes exponentially ballistic. Reaching 105 from 100 or 101 is harder than reaching 100, and gives next to no reward.

The cash shop in this game is odd-ish, in that you can use the coin that drops from monsters in game to purchase the cash shop currency one usually pays real life money for. So, in theory, just grinding monsters can buy you anything in the cash shop. BUT, the exchange rate is (deliberately) skewed to make that difficult.

Buying a mount, and a good flyer, and some other neat odds and ends, can be fit into $20-$40 US dollars if you do some research and window shopping, make sure to get decent deals. So it's not ridiculously expensive.

Still, you don't HAVE to pay real money. I'm an in-game merchant --- only very small-time, but i'm still making good coin. It's the second fastest way to get rich in the game, after spending real world money on it.

You can get DECENT equipment for free, by farming and grinding relatively reasonable amounts --- especially if you find a good guild to join and help out. GOOD equipment can be had for a moderate amount of merchanting, or few-dozen-dollars' worth of cash shopping. (I'm thinking TT gear, possibly gold, with good shards and refines, here.) VERY GOOD equipment (rank 8, is what i'm thinking here) would take roughly $150--$300; still reachable through merchanting if you can get good at it, but no longer really farmable. The very best equipment (rank 9 highly refined) is $thousands, and would take outstanding merchanting or silly amounts of cash shopping. Serious PvP players go rank 9.

Eh, they're people. Some good, some bad, on the whole they're decent.

Every class can solo, if you know how to play it. The traditional soloing class was the veno; now it's assassin and mystic; but soloing is more down to your skill at playing than anything else.
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Greetings Perfect World Players,

Before asking, lemme introduce myself, so that it can make things less awkward, knowing who you're talking to. My name is Genus (Online Alias Obviously) Friends call me Mike, or Mikey. I've played perfect world on and off, never actually took the game seriously past level 11 (Sad to admit). That is all going to change, because I am coming back, and ready to play and become good in this game.

Anywho, on with my question, sorry to just dawdle about myself, but here is my question(s).

What is Max Level?

If I have any more questions I will edit them in (i.e. "EDIT: (my message here))

In regards,
    Genus

If you're expecting a totally balanced, well driven game, with good comunity, cheap to be awesome, good economy and easy to farm game, then Perfect World is not for you. At least not yet. Just quit while you can, when you get addicted it will be too late.
  • ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver
    ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    If you're expecting a totally balanced, well driven game, with good comunity, cheap to be awesome, good economy and easy to farm game, then Perfect World is not for you. At least not yet. Just quit while you can, when you get addicted it will be too late.

+1

my advice is to uninstal game....soon you start spending rl money or farming for months for stuff you want(even cheap wings or mounts) it will be hard to quit after all hard work or money you put into this game....

game is unbalanced.....community totaly sucks and all devolpers care is money
    + not many people are left on servers....its all the same people with 4-5 alts....

b:victory
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Not true at all, that's a bunch of BS. I have squad with a lot of them and they can't even tank wurlord in TT2-1 properly and I end up tanking wurlord as a werefox. Also BP is overrated TBH. Werefox is the most overpowered since they oddly solo almost everything even without gear, how will the OP get these high APS gears he/she is new? Cash shopping? Not even merchant jobs help unless he/she have boutique items on him/her. This only applies for endgame cash shoppers or old gamers with 100+ or above werefox alts to finance their BMs / sins.
    I was able to solo wurlord in 2-1 with my 100 sin when he had a R8 +3 dagger and 2.86/4.0 aps. Of course I had my 8x ep with him in BB so I guess technically it wasn't solo. I destroy him now I got my NV 13 daggers (4.0/5.0) and +9. Still 100 btw.
  • xgenusx
    edited May 2012
    +1

my advice is to uninstal game....soon you start spending rl money or farming for months for stuff you want(even cheap wings or mounts) it will be hard to quit after all hard work or money you put into this game....

game is unbalanced.....community totaly sucks and all devolpers care is money
    + not many people are left on servers....its all the same people with 4-5 alts....

b:victory

I see what you are saying but all that is very opinionated statements. I have played a bit last night, and the game felt fine to me. Although I didnt go very far yet, my Blade Master is around level 6 at the moment. The game seemed enjoyable for starters, and appears to have cooler stuff to come. And making in game money isn't too hard if you know what you are doing. It's not like I'm dumb enough to not figure out how to get in game money without spending real money. That said I will continue to give the game a try, whether or not the other players agree or not.

EDIT: And even if I did decide to move on to a new game. I have ran out of games to try. So list a few games that are similar to Perfect World, and with a high playerbase and max level. And also tell me about it. Then we will see about me switching.