New bh abbadon boss glitched

Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Alright so, i formed a squad and went to try out this new boss. Dunno what really happen, but we kept dying and wiping (was funny, so no one really raged). squad got remade after 4 wipe b:surrender. Then, we started wiping again and i pulled the boss away to reset it. Someone in squad say to jump in the water. I do that, go hug the wall far form boss, and

zomg dah hell, its not reseting even if im like 50 meter away from it and not getting hit. Its hp was only gaining back 1 hp per second. So, squad rez up and buff up and go for the kill. Though, it attacked them back, not like the second fc boss. Also, i was knife throwing it and it was bumping me with its one shot b:shocked (deaden nerves ftw on that)
Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
Post edited by Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Cotillion - Dreamweaver
    Cotillion - Dreamweaver Posts: 671 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    D:
    I'm tellin'!

Was it more under control for the rest of the squad to kill it?
  • Lolgasmic - Raging Tide
    Lolgasmic - Raging Tide Posts: 1,315 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    isnt this suppose to be the anti-APS boss?
    from what i understand from reading the forums last night, you just described it, you said you did a knife throw, so you were obviously the sin. But the only aps? maybe too much aps makes it bramble or somethin...?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Barbarian 103 - 101 - 101
    Started playing on March 2010
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2012
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    We got the Abba boss yesterday on Lost.
    Died a bunch of times before we figured it out.

He double buffs himself every now and then with two buff that look alike (little orange puffy thing lol). Those buffs allow him to absorb damage to heal himself and absorb damage to increase his attack power thus healing himself while one shooting squad members. The trick is to just stop attacking (except for barb getting a roar and maybe one whack in for agro) until the buffs go away. They last for about 10 seconds (??? didn't time it exactly).

So basically it's a "Hit'em then pause, hit'em again then pause boss.
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    check here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16974131&postcount=23

5 aps barb + mystic heal works fine
    boss bleed kills everything except barbs no matter of pdef
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    check here: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=16974131&postcount=23

5 aps barb + mystic heal works fine
    boss bleed kills everything except barbs no matter of pdef

Well I don't think it's true, I had this barb in squad today (r8 chest and weapon, Vana HA legs, LA TT99 boots and wrists, Lionheart ornaments) he got nearly 1 hitted twice and got 1 hitted the 3rd time despite him having Salvation buffs + Invoke on the 3rd time.
  • Alexis_Fire - Raging Tide
    Alexis_Fire - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    We got the Abba boss yesterday on Lost.
    Died a bunch of times before we figured it out.

He double buffs himself every now and then with two buff that look alike (little orange puffy thing lol). Those buffs allow him to absorb damage to heal himself and absorb damage to increase his attack power thus healing himself while one shooting squad members. The trick is to just stop attacking (except for barb getting a roar and maybe one whack in for agro) until the buffs go away. They last for about 10 seconds (??? didn't time it exactly).

So basically it's a "Hit'em then pause, hit'em again then pause boss.

This is indeed a simple way to tackle it, other's have noted that the buffs only heal and power him up from melee attacks so casters should have np tackling it so long as the aps derps learn to stop when the buffs show up. Also I think there was an archer in another thread that said archer ranged auto attack didn't cause the buffs to proc.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I got good dd off the SoT boss as sin using bow.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.