Oppinion on The Imperial Fury Content Update

Options
13»

Comments

• monkiimk1
    monkiimk1 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It's a mixture of both. The players are playing the game to the degree of what PWE/Wanmei wants them to. Ultimately, it's up to the company to step in when things aren't working as intended, game is unbalanced, or bugs are rampant. Unfortunately, the companies behind this game refuse to show their face, let alone fix anything. The game is nearly 100% cash-shopped based, and this update just makes it harder for the farmers of the game.

When I was playing the game, it was most of my faction assisting me and other players (new and old), in getting gear and other goodies.

PWE and Wanmei both have full control over the in-game economy. I don't feel like writing a massive paper on why, but it comes down to gold trading in-game, sales, and NPC sell-prices. Players actually have little control over the in-game economy, even though it would seem that they do (as they set the gold... Or so, it seems). Gold prices flex dependent upon a multitude of things. This makes coin's worth-value flex as well. It's complicated economics and the basic of basic economy course in College probably won't even touch on such a broad and intuitive system of monetary value.

And

I think this is directed at me, but not too sure. If it is, I refer you to my previous posts in this and a multitude of other threads. I worked for everything I have in-game, and it's not really about me. New players that play the game are forced to do these BHs or farm in Nirvana if they choose to make coin by farming. How would a new player get gear to be able to do TT 3-1/3-2/Nirvana/new BHs, if they don't merchant or cash shop? Answer: They can't. Game is completely dependant upon the cash shop or heavy merchanting. My personal opinion is merchanting 24/7/365 isn't how a video game should be played. I realize you can multi-client. Trust me, with my current gaming rig, I can throw a solid 7-8 clients in west arch w/ max setting on. But again - my personal opinion is to play the game by doing stuff actively; not to sit in a shop. When PWE started this version of the game, they also had this in mind. You could make a lot of coin in-game and not have to set up a shop or cash shop. The game wasn't dependent on "to advance in the game and do daily activities, you must have +10 this, etc".

Read above. ^

I'm not crying, nor upset. I'm stating my personal belief of the company/video game on an open message board. I haven't played this version of the game in about 7-8 months, due to the company's treatment of myself and the players. The real killer was when they banned me for stating my opinion on the forums, and threatened to perma-ban my main account because I stated my opinion on how they run their company and online video games. After that, I came across Guild Wars 2, and began to realize what a real company was like. But all of this combined doesn't stop me from posting my thoughts, opinions, etc on an open video game message board for the game I played for 3 1/2 years in the past. :P

You are stating your opinion over and over and over again (no one cares) and trying somehow to spite PWE as a company (no one cares) by promoting other games. Ill just say it again....no one cares. Go have fun on your other games (you seem incapable of this) and get over the fact that you dont like this game (you really do obviously) and have so much to whine about. I've played this game for 3 1/2 years too and you know what? Its a damn video game. Im not going to go on and on about it like its REAL LIFE. Its a video game. People who arent **** play video games for fun, not to placate desires that they are too inhibited,stupid, or lazy to fulfill in real life. If PWE isnt a "REAL" company then why are you wasting your time here crying out to no one? Lashing out at some PW Public Relations guy like you were a fat person in retail store crying about something frivolous like a return policy not catering specifically to you (this image just instantly comes to mind when i see you post). Get over your feelings of entitlement and grow up.

Also, why did you only quit around 8 months ago? If you truly had problems with the ethical decisions of the company you would have quit when r9 was made available through the cash shop, or when they started promoting gambling. But no, you cling on to the game obsessively and feel the need to bash a company (not even the company, for you seem to have some personal vendetta with a message boy) for being a business, i would assume because you have nothing better to do. I can only hope you are a teenager....Grow up, man.

And to that one guy (i don't know how to go back and quote someone else, ive spent my time here playing the game not talking on the forums), no i don't pvp. Dont feel the need to stroke my ego and make up for shortcomings irl by trying to prove to people i dont even know, over the internet, that im 1337 so-pro at a video game. It makes me sad some times when i wander out to the West Gate for buffs and all i see is people crying like children about who is better in some eternal "my dad can beat up your dad" contest. Thats not something to be proud of.
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    monkiimk1 wrote: »
    You are stating your opinion over and over and over again (no one cares) and trying somehow to spite PWE as a company (no one cares) by promoting other games. Ill just say it again....no one cares. Go have fun on your other games (you seem incapable of this) and get over the fact that you dont like this game (you really do obviously) and have so much to whine about. I've played this game for 3 1/2 years too and you know what? Its a damn video game. Im not going to go on and on about it like its REAL LIFE. Its a video game. People who arent **** play video games for fun, not to placate desires that they are too inhibited,stupid, or lazy to fulfill in real life. If PWE isnt a "REAL" company then why are you wasting your time here crying out to no one? Lashing out at some PW Public Relations guy like you were a fat person in retail store crying about something frivolous like a return policy not catering specifically to you (this image just instantly comes to mind when i see you post). Get over your feelings of entitlement and grow up.

Also, why did you only quit around 8 months ago? If you truly had problems with the ethical decisions of the company you would have quit when r9 was made available through the cash shop, or when they started promoting gambling. But no, you cling on to the game obsessively and feel the need to bash a company (not even the company, for you seem to have some personal vendetta with a message boy) for being a business, i would assume because you have nothing better to do. I can only hope you are a teenager....Grow up, man.

And to that one guy (i don't know how to go back and quote someone else, ive spent my time here playing the game not talking on the forums), no i don't pvp. Dont feel the need to stroke my ego and make up for shortcomings irl by trying to prove to people i dont even know, over the internet, that im 1337 so-pro at a video game. It makes me sad some times when i wander out to the West Gate for buffs and all i see is people crying like children about who is better in some eternal "my dad can beat up your dad" contest. Thats not something to be proud of.

You have your rights, as do I. If you can not understand that this is an open message board, then adios. b:bye
  • shaelaa
    shaelaa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i wouldnt know how the update is, there are a few of us that are graphically glitched and the gm's refuse to fix the issues, so -124113 on the content, and gms go die in a ditch for lackluster work ethics.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    shaelaa wrote: »
    i wouldnt know how the update is, there are a few of us that are graphically glitched and the gm's refuse to fix the issues, so -124113 on the content, and gms go die in a ditch for lackluster work ethics.

Wild Troll used Sand Attack!
    But it didn't do anything...

On topic...
    This was one of my more anticipated updates. I was under the impression that Nirvana 3rd cast was going to put people who work hard and farm (like myself) for their gear and items, up at least SOMEWHAT close to the level of Rank 9.

Because, as a TT99 Psychic, I physically CANNOT compete against people I'm TWing against. I can slow them down, hell, but their defense/attack levels and refines are so ridiculous on Harshlands in general (*ahem* Catalyst/Demacia) that I can barely scratch out a 1k hit on them.

I'm not joking. Not even 1k. I know pure TT99 MAG demon Psychics who can barely eek out a solid 1k on a Rank 9 anything.

So, in Longknife's words, this update took a dump on people who don't spend money on this game. They basically just pissed on us without the courtesy of calling it rain.

I was hoping to begin finding more squads for Caster Nirvana, and getting Nirvana 3rd cast. Now I'm back to EXACTLY where I was before the update---disappointed.

And then, there's the new lack of ability to farm things.

Do you know how hard it is to get squads for anything these days? I'm actually considering starting a youtube channel ENTIRELY devoted to showing all of you "LOL TEH GAME IS NOT DEAD" nay-sayers just how hard it is for a person who DOESN'T buy FC to level.

I made a venomancer to solo TT, and eventually do Nirvana. She's 75, and pretty well geared considering my Psychic's broke. But after the "fix" of TT, not only is it painfully annoying to solo mode, but now with this fairy box ****, I can't make a profit.

What was the point in me making a farming character, when I can't sell what I farm now?

My hopes and dreams of becoming a good endgame Psychic just went down the toilet along with all my respect for this game. What are you people smoking?

I'll be on TOR if anybody needs me. I heard they're coming up with an update where you can change servers when you need to, and this nice little button that squads you up with people doing the same instance quests as you.

Because you know, shouting in World Chat all day for a squad is getting to be a pain in the ****.
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • shaelaa
    shaelaa Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    quit crying about ifu will find a squad and press "O", u will catch up in 2500 dollars to the cashers, but still wont b happy, or go play another game, and spare us walls of text.
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    quit crying about ifu will find a squad and press "O", u will catch up in 2500 dollars to the cashers, but still wont b happy, or go play another game, and spare us walls of text.

Troll used Reasoning!
    Troll's accuracy with the English language made their point miss completely.
    It was still ineffective.

Does Born have to break out the spraybottle? Down Troll. Bad. Sit.
    Who wants a treat? YOU do! Oh yes you do! And if you can write a full sentence using proper grammar and vocabulary, Born will GIVE you a treat!

It must be interesting, having the same writing abilities as a pineapple....you should publish a book.
    Well, if you could write, you could publish a book.... b:sweat
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear
    XXOGCaliXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Wow I like never look at forums, but in this case it seems petal is a troll that is calling everyone else a troll. How is that working out for you? And is this the natural progression of what ever "Fan Boy" means?
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

I completely understand that. If the game was messed up for me, graphically - I'd be pretty upset as well. Shame that PWE and Wanmei can't figure out how to keep it's player base happy, content, and loving the game. All they would have to do is listen to the player base. Unfortunately, they would rather listen to their wallets. Money talks.
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well. It won't let me log in, or even update it, but from what I'm reading, it looks like my decision to take a break from this game and focus on a different game was a smart move. I'm near endgame in the other game that I'm playing, and even though there is a certain degree of limitations on f2p players like myself, its not something like this that is utterly disrespectful to the community as a whole.

Bh rewards being cut, bh being harder, and well...gear in general being harder to obtain without spending real life money on them make this game even more of a p2w scenario. I've run every instance in this game, so trying to make the job all the harder for me unless I spend real life money on gear and high refines is a spit in my face, and I don't like being spat on. I'm a very stubborn person, and with me, this move will have the exact opposite effect they are looking for. I'm not above going to the competition of a game. You want to keep your playerbase as a f2p company. You make it too tough on them, and they'll leave and tell others not to install. I'm a TT90 cleric with a TT99 weapon that has been able to function in this game...and the main thing that was keeping me here....you just flushed away.... Getting my level 100 skills, getting my R8 armor and weapon...refining it to at least +7, getting the sage version of all my skills, and my level 100 skills....and doing this all while being f2p and factionless. I've even encouraged others to play...but no longer will I encourage them to join this game if this is the direction that you are going to take. I'm working on my endgame gear for another game...correction...I've bought my endgame gear, near endgame gear, and have only my elite endgame gear to work towards. I liked pwi better, and loved to play it....but now that tide is turning, and now one of the other games that I play...which btw...your company has no affiliation with...is starting to please me better...despite its own flaws and limitations on f2p players, and their marketplace isn't crashed to hell. You want me to stay pwi...as a true active player? Then make it fair again. You already broke the balance with the ease of aps players vs the rest. You screwed clerics on the morai update, and made the skills take forever and a day to get....hence part of why I took a break from this game, and now you want to make a blatantly obvious spend real life coin or suffer update, and I'll show you that I've got many options besides that.

*I can go to the starting villages, and warn people against this game...as a pose to just teaching them about it.

*I can tell people not to install, and tell others to uninstall.

*I can uninstall myself, and free up space on my computer.

*I can play a different game entirely.

(I own over 100 console games, but I liked to play perfect world. Don't make the mistake of thinking that you can force me to spend money. As stubborn as I am...I'll show you that I really don't have to.)

Apologies to all for the long post, but just when I decide to log in again, I'm unable to, and I see this as well....its a pretty irritating feeling.

And to pwi....once I get a chance to log in and see how this goes, I'll see what happens. Should this prove to be something so great that my little TT90 cleric is now absolutely obliterated and worthless, then SerenityCNB as a cleric...and my alts...might see very little playing time here...and Serenitycnb as an endgame mage will see a lot of playing time on your competition. That said, I guess I should go back in time... I don't know...maybe to the Age of "A certain legendary barbarian." Well...let me go log in...not to pwi...but let me go log in play SerenityCNB ON A DIFFERENT game.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011"

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)