Oppinion on The Imperial Fury Content Update

Options

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You shouldn't have to merchant. That's the point. I don't play games to have people buy **** from me to make a profit. I play them and obtain the coin by doing stuff. I'm a farmer at heart, and think the idea of setting up a shop 24/7 even on a crappy netbook, isn't worth the time. It's more fun and entertaining (which is the point of the game), to play the game - not become a shop for people.
    'you shouldnt have to merchant' and you know **** about real farming.

your just laying out a bunch of excuses because pwi didnt give you an easy enough game where R9s are mob drops outside archo. Effort prolly isnt even in your dictionary.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    'you shouldnt have to merchant' and you know **** about real farming.

your just laying out a bunch of excuses because pwi didnt give you an easy enough game where R9s are mob drops outside archo. Effort prolly isnt even in your dictionary.

No, just running Nirvana 4 times a day for 365 days straight back in the day. That's not effort.
  • _RockHard_ - Lost City
    _RockHard_ - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    b:fatb <this
  • ariani
    ariani Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I agree with ellero, gaiaguardian, and Tremblewith. The last time PWI annoyed me this much I quit for 2 years. And it's time to do so again. I respect those that are defending this patch, and staying in the game. It's your choice to do so, and I wish you best of luck. Those that are unhappy with the recent changes should follow the advice of gaiaguardian and boycott the cashshop, or the game entirely so PWI gets the message.

Anyway, take care all b:bye
    edited May 2012
    Options
    No, just running Nirvana 4 times a day for 365 days straight back in the day. That's not effort.
    most of the smarter pple actually go out and study what is good farming. You however, are wasting your time and hoping pwi does your work for you. every response you make shows us how little to no knowledge you have on how to make profit other than the basic **** thats shouted in WC or something
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
    edited May 2012
    Options
    most of the smarter pple actually go out and study what is good farming. You however, are wasting your time and hoping pwi does your work for you. every response you make shows us how little to no knowledge you have on how to make profit other than the basic **** thats shouted in WC or something

7-8 months ago, that was optimal profit for farming in-game. The other options would provide much less coinage. Trust me, I've done it all pre-decent expansion. At the time I was actually playing the game, farming Nirvana was the only solidly profitable way to FARM. I know all the methods of farming, but at that time it was the best way to make coin in-game.

I didn't hope PWE did any work for me. I earned every piece of gear I got. I even posted YouTube videos showing off all my non- cash shopped gear. I farmed cube necky, Nirvana 2nd stage axes, garnet gem, high refines, nirvana 2nd stage gear, etc.

But the point is, compared to cash shopping or merchanting - farming sucks balls. Nowadays there isn't a solid way for new players to farm, because they would have crappy gear to begin with. No one will take a TT90 un-refined player into TT 3-1/3-2/Nirvana.

I think it's funny that someone who has no knowledge of me in-game and probably doesn't play on Heaven's Tear, can say that judging by how I talk on the forums, I have never worked for what I earned. What a moron.
  • Nana_PL - Raging Tide
    Nana_PL - Raging Tide Posts: 208 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ellero wrote: »
    Good day every1... i wanna share my oppinion on the new update...

Honestly... its bless for heavy cashshoppers and the worst nightmare for non CS's :/

Let's take a look at the 1st statement:

-New powerful gears YEY! With ridicuosly high price... 1200 rap 4800 canny for 3rd recast r9 weapon YEY.. well no ty.. b:bye
    -New way of getting damashene ores for r8 reshape b:kiss
    -New harder lunar and warsong.. more fun for everyone exept non r8 and r9 +10 people.

And why it's bad for casual players?
    -Token price got messed up /and will get even higher/
    -Mirage price will sky rocket soon too /cuz u need key to open Fairy Boxes/
    -It's extremely hard to get spot in the revamped BH's now if u're not r 9,5 aps or +10 caster.

Yea u gain Morai Prestige faster now... good for farming skills or weapon but just that. For the set and shards u need influence more than prestige...

With the amount of rep u can farm now.. by doing daily treasure hunt quest + Luminance badges.. u can get to r8 in few months. U dont wanna cash shop? Noone is forcing u to, but put some effort instead of QQing.. Everything is possible, I'm halfway done with my r9.. And I've farmed it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"You know, they say when you fall, it's best to fall straight to the bottom. And the further you have to crawl back up, the stronger and greater you will become as a result."
  • bearyflair
    bearyflair Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    But the point is, compared to cash shopping or merchanting - farming sucks balls. Nowadays there isn't a solid way for new players to farm, because they would have crappy gear to begin with. No one will take a TT90 un-refined player into TT 3-1/3-2/Nirvana.

Well according to your point the problem isn't PWE, it's the player mentality that's the issue here. No one seems to wanna help lower levels in getting mats so that those low level players can get decent gears, so what option are the low levels left with? Cashshopping everything they need became the only option for low level players as well as hurrying up to higher levels so they can get stuff done. And when they get at our levels they just repeat what they've learned.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I think it's funny that someone who has no knowledge of me in-game and probably doesn't play on Heaven's Tear, can say that judging by how I talk on the forums, I have never worked for what I earned. What a moron.
    QFT
    7-8 months ago, that was optimal profit for farming in-game. The other options would provide much less coinage. Trust me, I've done it all pre-decent expansion. At the time I was actually playing the game, farming Nirvana was the only solidly profitable way to FARM. I know all the methods of farming, but at that time it was the best way to make coin in-game.

I didn't hope PWE did any work for me. I earned every piece of gear I got. I even posted YouTube videos showing off all my non- cash shopped gear. I farmed cube necky, Nirvana 2nd stage axes, garnet gem, high refines, nirvana 2nd stage gear, etc.

So ask yourself this. How much of your faction helps new players to farm? How much ignore them and just do their own thing?

cause like someone said, its not pwi, its the player base mentality.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yep: No one wants to help you including yourself. QQ on street corner; pan handle some money and use to CS. -Problem solved: player base stays as is and you get your help.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver
    ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    its not about players not wanting to help its about more and more nerfed instances and greedy gms that make it so people would spend more money for the game.....

seriously who would go spend 7hours a day of a chance to get 1 gold drop someone need lets say for their tt99 footwear....(telling from own expiriance of thousands tt done in 3 years of playing)

i know this forum troll with 7k post with start with judgeing but lets just say im 15k hp sin and rank9 archer all farmed and no rl money spent....

so this guys have a point about qqing...
    edited May 2012
    Options
    its not about players not wanting to help its about more and more nerfed instances and greedy gms that make it so people would spend more money for the game.....
    GMs can be as greedy as they want, and even then, players can still help each other.... your feelings are your own.
    know why pple dont wanna help? cause you need specific things to make the run easier. And that costs money.
    easy costs more money.
    'no help if not easy.'
    everyone knows there is a method, just they dont wanna take it cause there is an expensive easier way.
    guess how pple got gear before 2010 >.>
    thats the mentality nowadays
  • Kieraa - Lost City
    Kieraa - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Before today I busted my *** soloing HH and would sell fairy boxes to get instant money while waiting for my HH mats to sell. Okay so find out this morning, Fairy Boxes now need keys to open, in which I rarely ever do BH because nobody really wants to put partys together for it.. so now me being an HH farmer, I loose half of my income because now I need to do BH.. Token prices are at 20k currently (Just when I was saving to buy the rest of my Mystical Tome Pages sense I'm saving for my Pangu) I would of been better off buying the Pangu it's self at this point.. seems ashame because I was about 4/10 of the way there.

The new instance, is hard as hell.. I went in there and my party wiped so many times on the first boss, the bridge stuff wasn't hard and second boss wasn't either, but the first boss, 1 shot so many people in my squad it was ridiculous.. as for the 'new' bosses in the BH's that's just stupid...

Imo this expansion, all I can think is, "why did you guys go and fix something that wasn't broken" I mean really, fairy box keys? new bh bosses? it's been almost 4 years and there's still no such thing as 'Auto-Path' in the sage/heaven and demon/hell worlds, west arch still lags.. why not fix something that is actually broken for a change!

I honestly would of quit already but the only reason that is keeping me in this game is my friends

Oh and I'm calling this one for future reference

I say, if they don't take fairy box keys out of the game because people complain too much about them, I predict they will put fairy box keys in the cash shop.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You know?
  • monkeysir35
    monkeysir35 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Before today I busted my *** soloing HH and would sell fairy boxes to get instant money while waiting for my HH mats to sell. Okay so find out this morning, Fairy Boxes now need keys to open, in which I rarely ever do BH because nobody really wants to put partys together for it.. so now me being an HH farmer, I loose half of my income because now I need to do BH.. Token prices are at 20k currently (Just when I was saving to buy the rest of my Mystical Tome Pages sense I'm saving for my Pangu) I would of been better off buying the Pangu it's self at this point.. seems ashame because I was about 4/10 of the way there.

The new instance, is hard as hell.. I went in there and my party wiped so many times on the first boss, the bridge stuff wasn't hard and second boss wasn't either, but the first boss, 1 shot so many people in my squad it was ridiculous.. as for the 'new' bosses in the BH's that's just stupid...

Imo this expansion, all I can think is, "why did you guys go and fix something that wasn't broken" I mean really, fairy box keys? new bh bosses? it's been almost 4 years and there's still no such thing as 'Auto-Path' in the sage/heaven and demon/hell worlds, west arch still lags.. why not fix something that is actually broken for a change!

I honestly would of quit already but the only reason that is keeping me in this game is my friends

Oh and I'm calling this one for future reference

I say, if they don't take fairy box keys out of the game because people complain too much about them, I predict they will put fairy box keys in the cash shop.

Lol what was the point of those keys? Now i have to go do bh's ><
  • ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver
    ExMyPrecious - Dreamweaver Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    "know why pple dont wanna help? cause you need specific things to make the run easier. And that costs money.
    easy costs more money.
    'no help if not easy.'"

my feelings are my own...but my feelings share x players of this game....

thing you said is your own feeling....i dont have problem helping since i solo any instance ingame except delta and warsong(even uncharmed).....its just pain in the *** get drop you need....but you cant know that since you are to much on forums and not playing game actualy...you probably log once a day to make bh and take keys and then log on forum and try to be smart b:victory
  • Fritz_JD - Sanctuary
    Fritz_JD - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    love the new bosses but dislike the token price...euwwww
  • Zenzell - Dreamweaver
    Zenzell - Dreamweaver Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I like how 95% of this thread is not actually about the update and is just an arguement between three people about farming mechanics.
    The 3 fundamental F's of Perfect World are "Fun, Fast, and Free."

You may pick two.
  • TheFirst - Lothranis
    TheFirst - Lothranis Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i just don't get the aurora agent... ***** up token and canny prices at the same time.. ty pwi.. and here i was hoping for a farmable for profit elite warsong/lunar.. but all the ***** mats and molds are untradeable... so basically now i cant farm r9... on my server no one buys tt99 anymore... nirvana is out of the question with canny/rap price... how in hell am i gonna farm r9?
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Thread is about: "I'm fail because people won't help me. It's not my fault; I shouldn't have to earn anything myself! I should be able to kick back and have others play for me!"
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Ok... For the aurora agent, it's only a week then token prices will plummet.

As for BH bosses... I haven't done SoT or Aba yet...

BUT... I've done several Warsongs today... Only 1 was successful... The rest were horrible horrible horrible...
    I have seen first-hand how bad Warsong is for people without 5APS/+7 or better refines on good gears etc. They should have left the existing content alone and only ADDED to it (New difficult bosses) instead of making the runs as difficult as they did.

Also wanted to add, the successful warsong, I had to tank on a 15K HP BM w/ +12 Striking Dragons...

And from what I hear, Lunar isn't much better.
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • TheFirst - Lothranis
    edited May 2012
    Options
    yup i realy hated the warsong mobs :/ the bosses werent so hard with my squad.. we killed them all at first try.. but still lame rewards from doing so.. i dont even have r9 what am i gonna do with those rewards.. oh and yeah r9r2 mold for archer legs.. ty pwi for making it untradeable... so basicaly 200k out of my charm, 40k repairs, some 50 crabs.. for absolutely nothing :D

i just dont get it they made the r9 sale.. but cut our ways of making money for the r9.. so basicaly pwi is saying "everyone that needs r9 from now on will have to CS like a wh*re"
  • CapsunelSin - Lost City
    CapsunelSin - Lost City Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    this updates suckssssssssssssss
  • monkiimk1
    monkiimk1 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You shouldn't have to merchant. That's the point. I don't play games to have people buy **** from me to make a profit. I play them and obtain the coin by doing stuff. I'm a farmer at heart, and think the idea of setting up a shop 24/7 even on a crappy netbook, isn't worth the time. It's more fun and entertaining (which is the point of the game), to play the game - not become a shop for people.

Sucks to be you i guess. Second client open makes minimum of 10mil (with a few minutes total glancing at the screen) and max of 30m a day (checking every now and then while you play during the day) just sitting there. Looks like you're in the wrong business, mate. I get my BH rewards (pretty much only things i do daily besides morai quests for prestige axes on BM) while im just sitting there making coin for being an immobile cat.
    Not sure why you spend so much time crying about this game on forums (especially if you "quit") and trying to shame some PR guy from PWE like anyone really cares. Maybe you should place blame on the people who actually enact rules and changes instead of the guy who they hired to say "Hey guys, these changes happened". Seems like if you were smart enough (lol) you would realize that you are pretty much reacting exactly like the company wants you to. "Hey we'll just make frankie announce this stuff, they will blame him (lol those idiots)" Funny how perfectly it works with those below average intelligence.

Edit: Might as well add
    "I shouldnt have to farm, thats the point. I dont play games to try to make coins by running boring instances with my faceroll APS characters. I like having fun and just getting coins for no good reason at all, instead of spending all my time playing to make coins.
  • CeVil - Momaganon
    CeVil - Momaganon Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So, in the end, you will merchant a billion, and then spend the day at west gate, pking low level noobs?
  • Sylki - Harshlands
    Sylki - Harshlands Posts: 184 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    so many things from this update just plan suck for the non cash shopper...I have to admit.. but the things that just annoy ALL players are what will make this game go down the drain..and fast. ...for 1 the fairy box keys

Get rid of the fairy box keys...u can't even open more than 6 a day anyway...so what is the point? I would like to not have keys taking up my inv b/c I don't have boxes to open.....either get rid of the keys or get rid of the box opening limit....b:surrender

the new warsong bosses are ok and all but its only gonna b fun for ppl that want r9 stuff....which is a vry select few. if the bosses dropped more stuff than 1 r9 mold thing that would b nice. (all that effort for little reward means it will b another forsaken quest soon enough) b:sad

Why did u have to make the aurora thing token based? tokens were already going to insane prices...and w/ the new aurora quest...they made the economy of tokens go waaaaay out of wack. make the aurora quest mystery chip based and u won't mess up w/ all the servers economy...which was already hard enough for ppl to get what they need on...b:angry
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    People QQ so much about cash shoppers without realizing that almost all game in the future will have that.

Take the_most_anticipated_rpg_game_of_the_year, it has Auction House for real money. Even though you payed full price for game. And guess what? Nobody is QQing about how hard is that game on that insane difficulty, players accept that as a challenge. But not in PWI. It's more important to QQ how thins are hard, than try to find out tactics and try to beat that boss.

And that new MMORPG everyone is talking about, that you pay once and then pay for free. Guess what? It will also have Cash Shop.

Cash Shop is here to stay, in all games, but in slightly different form. And I say, thank you Cash Shoppers for keeping our game and servers online.

Morai expansion gaved us cheap and easy way to get good gear for PVE. But I guess it's easier to QQ on forums and QQ spam World Chat than to do one Endless Universe run per day. Ok, you don't even have to do EU for gear, it's enough just to do daily quests to get prestige 101 Eqipment. And with that gear it would be easier to do new bosses and new harder instances. Few people knows that in Morai you can get HP shards that are cheaper and better than Perfect Shards.

Bottom line is: Stop QQ and get used to not being able to solo things or not having all classes in squad.
  • TheFirst - Lothranis
    edited May 2012
    Options
    People QQ so much about cash shoppers without realizing that almost all game in the future will have that.

I'm not complaining about the cash shoppers, cause they're actually the ones that bring cash flow into the game.. but this update really sucked.. people are getting free DoTs and vit stones from the aurora and there's actually no buyers cause there's no money lol

and how can i make any money now? the new warsong/lunar give untradeable mats/molds (pretty useless for someone that cant even farm r9, much less r9r2)...
    the new EU is to hard for other people to even want to try it (and don't get me wrong, i wanna try it... but cant find anyone else that wants too)
    nirvana is out of the question as long as the aurora agent is there, and there's no 2x..
    TT99, pffft i've had a shop 24/7 for the last month trying to sell TT99 at super reduced prices.. it makes 100k a day if lucky..
    So if anyone has any suggestion on how to make money it'd be very apreciated :3
    edited May 2012
    Options
    bearyflair wrote: »
    Well according to your point the problem isn't PWE, it's the player mentality that's the issue here. No one seems to wanna help lower levels in getting mats so that those low level players can get decent gears, so what option are the low levels left with? Cashshopping everything they need became the only option for low level players as well as hurrying up to higher levels so they can get stuff done. And when they get at our levels they just repeat what they've learned.

It's a mixture of both. The players are playing the game to the degree of what PWE/Wanmei wants them to. Ultimately, it's up to the company to step in when things aren't working as intended, game is unbalanced, or bugs are rampant. Unfortunately, the companies behind this game refuse to show their face, let alone fix anything. The game is nearly 100% cash-shopped based, and this update just makes it harder for the farmers of the game.

So ask yourself this. How much of your faction helps new players to farm? How much ignore them and just do their own thing?

cause like someone said, its not pwi, its the player base mentality.

When I was playing the game, it was most of my faction assisting me and other players (new and old), in getting gear and other goodies.

PWE and Wanmei both have full control over the in-game economy. I don't feel like writing a massive paper on why, but it comes down to gold trading in-game, sales, and NPC sell-prices. Players actually have little control over the in-game economy, even though it would seem that they do (as they set the gold... Or so, it seems). Gold prices flex dependent upon a multitude of things. This makes coin's worth-value flex as well. It's complicated economics and the basic of basic economy course in College probably won't even touch on such a broad and intuitive system of monetary value.
    tweakz wrote: »
    Yep: No one wants to help you including yourself. QQ on street corner; pan handle some money and use to CS. -Problem solved: player base stays as is and you get your help.

And
    tweakz wrote: »
    Thread is about: "I'm fail because people won't help me. It's not my fault; I shouldn't have to earn anything myself! I should be able to kick back and have others play for me!"

I think this is directed at me, but not too sure. If it is, I refer you to my previous posts in this and a multitude of other threads. I worked for everything I have in-game, and it's not really about me. New players that play the game are forced to do these BHs or farm in Nirvana if they choose to make coin by farming. How would a new player get gear to be able to do TT 3-1/3-2/Nirvana/new BHs, if they don't merchant or cash shop? Answer: They can't. Game is completely dependant upon the cash shop or heavy merchanting. My personal opinion is merchanting 24/7/365 isn't how a video game should be played. I realize you can multi-client. Trust me, with my current gaming rig, I can throw a solid 7-8 clients in west arch w/ max setting on. But again - my personal opinion is to play the game by doing stuff actively; not to sit in a shop. When PWE started this version of the game, they also had this in mind. You could make a lot of coin in-game and not have to set up a shop or cash shop. The game wasn't dependent on "to advance in the game and do daily activities, you must have +10 this, etc".

monkiimk1 wrote: »
    Sucks to be you i guess. Second client open makes minimum of 10mil (with a few minutes total glancing at the screen) and max of 30m a day (checking every now and then while you play during the day) just sitting there. Looks like you're in the wrong business, mate. I get my BH rewards (pretty much only things i do daily besides morai quests for prestige axes on BM) while im just sitting there making coin for being an immobile cat.
    Not sure why you spend so much time crying about this game on forums (especially if you "quit") and trying to shame some PR guy from PWE like anyone really cares. Maybe you should place blame on the people who actually enact rules and changes instead of the guy who they hired to say "Hey guys, these changes happened". Seems like if you were smart enough (lol) you would realize that you are pretty much reacting exactly like the company wants you to. "Hey we'll just make frankie announce this stuff, they will blame him (lol those idiots)" Funny how perfectly it works with those below average intelligence.

Edit: Might as well add
    "I shouldnt have to farm, thats the point. I dont play games to try to make coins by running boring instances with my faceroll APS characters. I like having fun and just getting coins for no good reason at all, instead of spending all my time playing to make coins.

Read above. ^

I'm not crying, nor upset. I'm stating my personal belief of the company/video game on an open message board. I haven't played this version of the game in about 7-8 months, due to the company's treatment of myself and the players. The real killer was when they banned me for stating my opinion on the forums, and threatened to perma-ban my main account because I stated my opinion on how they run their company and online video games. After that, I came across Guild Wars 2, and began to realize what a real company was like. But all of this combined doesn't stop me from posting my thoughts, opinions, etc on an open video game message board for the game I played for 3 1/2 years in the past. :P
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i am just appalled at the amount of ignorance. Either your really new and,
    - do not know how to efficiently farm,
    - do not have proper info about factions
    - expect to get alot with little effort
    - or just complaining for the sake of pitying yourself.

when u named it fac by fac you just pretty much announced yourself as a ignorant QQer tho...

I do not believe you at all but sure you can make nice coins (pixels) that is devalued. You can get materials, sure, but that's like 1/100th of the profit of a cash shopper. Or better yet, a cash shopper that even knows what's on demand or not. Get real, most of the items in demand are boutique items such as trade-able fashion, d-orbs, even stat resets and tokens. You can't farm stone of savant or a JOSD stone, seriously. Some one have those either give you it through their own money (trade or not) because it is not possible to farm it.

Only some mats are worth farming which is outside of instances. Other than that, not even TT mats are worth the trouble unless you are soloing it if you are trying to make coin. Molds / Legendary gears are devalued especially weapons (divine weapons killed it).
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Take the_most_anticipated_rpg_game_of_the_year, it has Auction House for real money. Even though you payed full price for game. And guess what? Nobody is QQing about how hard is that game on that insane difficulty, players accept that as a challenge. But not in PWI. It's more important to QQ how thins are hard, than try to find out tactics and try to beat that boss.

And that new MMORPG everyone is talking about, that you pay once and then pay for free. Guess what? It will also have Cash Shop.

Cash Shop is here to stay, in all games, but in slightly different form. And I say, thank you Cash Shoppers for keeping our game and servers online.

Morai expansion gaved us cheap and easy way to get good gear for PVE. But I guess it's easier to QQ on forums and QQ spam World Chat than to do one Endless Universe run per day. Ok, you don't even have to do EU for gear, it's enough just to do daily quests to get prestige 101 Eqipment. And with that gear it would be easier to do new bosses and new harder instances. Few people knows that in Morai you can get HP shards that are cheaper and better than Perfect Shards.

Bottom line is: Stop QQ and get used to not being able to solo things or not having all classes in squad.

I don't think you get it.

What makes a healthy economy? An economy where money flows steadily through the hands of...well everyone. An active economy is a healthy economy.

What this update does is it takes a massive dump on the economy. The non-CSers? Well they really don't have a way to farm anymore. They don't have money to purchase goods, because now there's no way to farm. BH rewards have been cut down and nirvana cannies are bound to absolutely bomb in price, regardless of whether or not the NPC is only there for a week.
    The CSers? What incentive do they have to sell goods, let alone buy them? They can literally get everything they need through the cash shop. They have plenty of money to stimulate the economy, but few reasons to actually do so. Instead, their money will flow directly to PWI and they get everything they need.

The result? Non CSers are screwed. There's already an incredibly large gap between the quality of Nirvana and r9 (btw sidenote, r9 hasn't become cheaper so it's not like non-CSers can just wait for the price of it to drop), and now it's made even worse because while the cash shoppers can swipe their credit card at any moment and directly purchase r9 mats, uncannies or whatever else they might need, followed by minor farming, the non-CSers now get LESS cash due to new BH rewards, a drop in canny prices and yet the r9 price tag remains stagnant.

The economy is screwed. This will lead to non-CSers quitting, which thereby means a smaller economy. A smaller economy means less goods being farmed and traded, which means the economy as a whole suffers. The PURE CSers won't feel a thing of course, until they go to PVP and barely find anyone....

The issue with the update isn't just that it's so productive and advantageous for CSers, it's that it's COUNTER-productive for non-CSers. The bigger the gap between us, the worse the economy, the more the game suffers.
    I <3 AGOREY