Lord of Captivation done easily

brideinred
brideinred Posts: 29 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
Ok so we tryed the new SoT BH and the new boss, Lord of Captivation.

The boss has some sort of a 1-hit-kill attack that is made automaticaly when aggroed and repeated in a interval of some seconds. I noticed the attack always targets the tank.

I was in a squad with a bm and 3 sins and a veno, all 100+, they all died by his 1 hit attack unless they had used Deaden Nerves or AD. Even surviving the first attack, after a few seconds the boss used it again, killing whoever was tanking it. One of the guys in the squad brought his barb alt, just to fill.

For the sake of 'testing' we let the barb tank. He was a lvl 92 barb, had 1k less physical defence compared to the BM and even less compared to the veno.
The barb aggroed the boss and only 3k dmg happened O.O after some seconds no deadly hit was noticed, my IHs healed the barb very well and he was never truly low in his 15k hp or so. My chromatic healed squad hit by the boss AOE and after some time it was dead.
Yep, a lvl 92 barb with IH tanked Lord of Captivation and made it easy to kill, no charms or fancy things.

So, what happened? A lil barb miracle, too much luck or PWI put some class specific trick into this boss?

In doubt, let the barb tank b:pleased
Post edited by brideinred on

Comments

• Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    did you remember to read the buffs on the boss?

abaddon is anti-aps atm so... seat could be the same >.>

chances are, all those who were aps-ing died first right
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    From what I hear, you need a Barb for these new bosses for some reason. I will probably test SoT later on today, aiming to see if I can.................solo it. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Flare - Heavens Tear
    Flare - Heavens Tear Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    From what I hear, you need a Barb for these new bosses for some reason. I will probably test SoT later on today, aiming to see if I can.................solo it. b:shutup

lol, and I will join you next time when I have more time then. Gl, don't die, hypers are expensive nowb:laugh
    100% Free to Play: +12 G16 axes, +12 G16 Fists,full +10ed armor
    You registered on: 2008-08-26 18:12:33
    Two Words: Old School
    Barbmaster: Literally - 23.6k hp BM, 19.8k hp BM, 33.3k hp Barb
    Shiniest BM/Barb aroundb:cute
    I check the PWI homepage for fail new updates/greed salesb:laugh
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    Deadalus - Harshlands Posts: 546 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I tried it a few mins ago..

Result:
    (11k HP SIn, 5aps, full buffed)

i was dead within 2 seconds.

I Pulled it with genie skill, i was almost dead after the first hit(activated deaden) and after the second hit, i was dead.

what the **** b:laugh
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I tried it a few mins ago..

Result:
    (11k HP SIn, 5aps, full buffed)

i was dead within 2 seconds.

I Pulled it with genie skill, i was almost dead after the first hit(activated deaden) and after the second hit, i was dead.

what the **** b:laugh

That's the second time I've heard of someone being dead instantly from simply luring with a genie skill. Should it be a concern? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Pro Tip: Don't use a genie use a veno/mystic pet.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    Ok second try, this time i looked on how much dmg it deals..

My friend lured (not with genie, with dagger throw instead), result, instant dead.

Well i was able to hit it and survive a bit longer.
    Till the "1 hit attack" came, deals 37k dmg on me, then it was over.

Mhm b:chuckle
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    the new boss in Abaddon was pretty awesome. Leaf Rain Dryad. Went up against him on my seeker and that boss really is something else. We had the same problem with people getting 1 shot right as they would go up to the boss. The boss isn't bad it was just figuring out when to attack it and when to stop. We almost got the boss killed one time and the squad got over excited and we helped heal the boss back to full hp. All I know is I can't wait to try the one in SoT now.
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
  • Valkron - Dreamweaver
    Valkron - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Can it be range tanked? and perhaps this insane dmg is only close range?
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    From what I've noticed... these bosses only eat up aps/melee users (buffs are aimed at them). And I think an Archer soloed both SoT and Abba bosses already and took SSes of it somewhere....
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Valkron - Dreamweaver
    Valkron - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    yay...some hope for my archer...but I doubt my mediocre or outdated armour will hold out without some serious buffs/heals
  • Kyougu - Sanctuary
    Kyougu - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Didn't seem like a problem when I tried those bosses using skills.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt6GGFlGT-k&feature=plcp
    edited May 2012
    Can it be range tanked? and perhaps this insane dmg is only close range?
    nope.

also seeker pet pull works too
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Yeah the average Sin has 20k Hp,91+ LP Genie,and level 105, yeah, yeah sure

Also _Skai_ soled those with mostly normal 4 aps attack...and didn't get 1 shotted.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • bladerunnerdm
    bladerunnerdm Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    i was there on my mystic with a random squad...

we got mostly killed by a bleed, it killed me with a single tick (>5300) and sticks on me even while i was dead, when i resurrected myself it ticked again and i died instantly after resurrect
  • Deadalus - Harshlands
    edited May 2012

This is like the dumbest video i saw with its description..

"Not a problem for me blabla" yea, you can except sth, when you have full rank 9, probably +10/12 everything.

Also for normal sins its just impossible b:laugh
  • Kyougu - Sanctuary
    Kyougu - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yeah the average Sin has 20k Hp,91+ LP Genie,and level 105, yeah, yeah sure

Also _Skai_ soled those with mostly normal 4 aps attack...and didn't get 1 shotted.

I feel embarrassed that I even have to reply to these kids. Getting hassled while I'm just trying to teach people that haven't figured out that APS isn't the way to kill these bosses. You guys can't kill this boss by pressing 1 (for triple spark macro) and then go afk.

Seat of Torment boss activates extra DEFENSE when APSed.
    Abaddon boss activates extra ATTACK when APSed.

When I use skills, those buffs do not activate. Whereas if people went 4.0 on it, they become stronger.

The 1 shotter people are complaining about is the Leaf Rain Dryad in part 2 of my video. If you look at the damage log, it does only about 300 dmg.

HP isn't too much of a factor. Genie and level? lol? I didn't even use genie.
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I feel embarrassed that I even have to reply to these kids.

Seat of Torment boss activates extra DEFENSE when APSed.
    Abaddon boss activates extra ATTACK when APSed.

When I use skills, those buffs do not activate. Whereas if people went 4.0 on it, they become stronger.

The 1 shotter people are complaining about is the Leaf Rain Dryad in part 2 of my video. If you look at the damage log, it does only about 300 dmg.

HP isn't too much of a factor. Genie and level? lol? I didn't even use genie.

My point was that you are nowhere near as a random geared Sin that was all,kiddo.

Your pretty pixels doesn't impress me.
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Ah I see. No wonder the Abaddon boss died within a spark. I didn't feel any difference in what it hit.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • brideinred
    edited May 2012

If you read it again, you will notice there was a veno in our squad. She died the same way.

I was also present when a r9 seeker attempted to solo it and she died the same way. She is not an 'aps' btw.
  • brideinred
    edited May 2012

Several times in your video your charm ticked. You have 20k HP, this means at some time the boss did 10k+ damage at once.

Now, what is the averange sin HP? Did you ever think a 8k HP sin only need "skills" to solo it? And how about an 8k HP sin without any charm?

It is all about skill, right....
    edited May 2012
    brideinred wrote: »
    If you read it again, you will notice there was a veno in our squad. She died the same way.

I was also present when a r9 seeker attempted to solo it and she died the same way. She is not an 'aps' btw.
    well mobs DO attack you know....you thought they would be left alone ? >.>;;;
  • brideinred
    edited May 2012
    well mobs DO attack you know....you thought they would be left alone ? >.>;;;

The r9 seeker died by coming close to the boss, at the 1st second boss killed her. What is you point?
  • Kieraa - Lost City
    Kieraa - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2012

LOL wtf seriously? I actually haven't done the BH today so.. if they really did go and add 'anti-aps' bosses in the game, most infact all of the server is screwed because about 50% of everyone in pw only has an aps character..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You know?
    edited May 2012
    brideinred wrote: »
    The r9 seeker died by coming close to the boss, at the 1st second boss killed her. What is you point?
    grats im a R9 seekr too but i wasnt dumb enough to run in on an enemy that i had no idea how it worked. I did pull it with seeker pet tho. And it went fine and dandy. I think some pple forget to be careful once they get R9 and they wonder why they get their **** handed to them.
    LOL wtf seriously? I actually haven't done the BH today so.. if they really did go and add 'anti-aps' bosses in the game, most infact all of the server is screwed because about 50% of everyone in pw only has an aps character..
    maybe chill of deep and change your ornaments? >.>
  • Kieraa - Lost City
    Kieraa - Lost City Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    grats im a R9 seekr too but i wasnt dumb enough to run in on an enemy that i had no idea how it worked. I did pull it with seeker pet tho. And it went fine and dandy. I think some pple forget to be careful once they get R9 and they wonder why they get their **** handed to them.

maybe chill of deep and change your ornaments? >.>

Eh in my opinion why even add more BH bosses? BH wasn't broken, I say should of added more of a selection of BH like make it more like the order of longevity and let you choose what BH you can do or w/e if they wanted to tamper with HH they should of done something like that.. But NOW I have to do BH to get fairy box keys so I can make money from fairy boxes again.. wonderful ._.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You know?
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    knife throw..it didnt tick my deaden nerve,also can use seeker pet.Was in my 3rd run on my sin,had the most hp and the best refines,the squad i was in was so so,one of the archers almost had same gear as me,bout had boss destroyed and he one hit my sin,killed cleric ..cleric wimped out and left due to losing exp...come on people your at 100+ and u still whine about losing exp lol..fools.

i think bh's should be random for different people kinda like the daily oht's are.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Chibisuke - Dreamweaver
    Chibisuke - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Did you check on the buffs of the abaddon boss?

That two buff icons that look like red balls.... that buff if one of the new barb buffs and called blood rush.
    Read up what it does and then think again why you get killed ;)
  • monkiimk1
    monkiimk1 Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Tanked it multiple times to help friends after i did the BH myself on my barb. My barb is 5aps, with 15.5k hp in tiger mode. What i did to tank it was....go into tiger mode and use Flesh ream and Devour for the first time ever in years. Everyone goes easy on it and just hits normally, HF works without too bad of repercussions. Thats it. I think its awesome they made a boss (well, just a buff really) that you have to tank oldschool style if you arent OP rank 9s with 20k hp.

Thats it, just tank like you used to (im sure no barbs now know what that is though) and everyone do steady slow DD. When your hp starts to get lower use invoke to heal up. Crab meat and solid shield on your genie makes things more smooth. We took about 3-5 min to kill each time. OP had this exactly right.

Edit: Not sure about abbadon but i would guess the same thing probably. Hopefully get to do it tomorrow :)
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
    edited May 2012

When my squad was doing it the cleric was killed and i ended up solo tanking 3/4s of the boss just using crab meats, and im not an aps barb the boss isnt to hard i just think it requires more knowledge than sparking and auto attacking.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    _Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
    Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
    _mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
    Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin