How do you feel about the Expansion

Options

Comments

• ariani
    ariani Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I'd love to see more ppl submit their vote to the poll. Only 66 so far, but I find it interesting that only 20% of those that responded are satisfied with the patch.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I know I'm in the minority here, but I'm actually really hoping that the keys turn out to be a good change. I hope that it DOES force people to actually learn that class they are dragging around and do the BHs on them. It will be a good thing for the new players, and possibly make squads easier to get. I am doubtful of this though, and suspect that people will just solo their alt's BH, or stop bringing that alt into TT. But I'm guessing this was the intended effect, and if it's successful then I think it's a great one.

The new hard mode bosses aren't so bad if you got people who know their class. I had sin raging that barbs can't keep aggro from him, and thats why he kept dying in Aba. When I explained how it worked, and how he's gonna have to change his gameplay though. He calmed down. I'm all for making things harder so team work is important again. And to all the people complaining that its too hard for lower geared people, learn your class. If my assassin, whose rocking the morai pants, doesn't have high aps nor high refines, and nothing is refined over +5 (which is pretty much free) can survive in these instances by controlling their aggro. You can too. Seriously, change up your play style to the boss.

I wish the new Morai questline was easier to keep track of, it's not appearing in my available quest log.

Also, I'm liking the new Aurora agent but glad it's only temporary. I was able to buy a bunch of cannies on the super duper cheap. And at the moment, that's the only thing I"m focusing on getting. It's doing naughty things to the economy though, so I'm glad it won't last. I'm just pretending its a canny super sale! b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Almorada - Archosaur
    Almorada - Archosaur Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I'm just upset they took out the exclusive gems in Morai. I thought I would at least have nice shards if not gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It's probably something they put it to force the TT farmers to actually play the game during non-2x times.

Doing TT IS actually playing the game as opposed to nothing but bh and fc. Now they've killed off TT.

GLAD I BOUGHT THAT FKING HERC NOT
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So glad I don't play anymore. c:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear
    Vanflyheight - Heavens Tear Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So glad I don't play anymore. c:

then why are ya still whining on the forums when you dont play the game anymore.
    The Sure Shot that Flies Straight

Tiduswarrior Demon 101 (Main), Vanflyheight 100 (Demon RB2), SasukeZx 95 (Demon), Leobeastking 90s (Sage), Swiftterror 80s, AquaStriker 99 (Sage)

2nd Acc: BlademageX 88, RazorFalcon 89, RavenwingZ 79, Veilpor 73, TidalLight 30, SythrilZ 64, Stormthril 64
  • Tiare - Lost City
    Tiare - Lost City Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Guess im one of the few ppl here who like the update... Bh gets more challenging... and i dont have r9. just learn your Character and stop QQing about everything PWE does. is there anything they can Do right in ur opinion? They wont take eout packs or r9. get over it!b:cute
    b:bye
  • l0rdsaur0n
    l0rdsaur0n Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    there is 2 things here : the person who did this update was smart man very good way to make money for pwi , GZ man!!!
    and the other thing is this update was the End of PWI , Good work dude with this Stupid Update!!!
    game is really Boring Ops!! I forgot its not game any more better call it....any way
    GL with new Update
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ariani wrote: »
    I'd love to see more ppl submit their vote to the poll. Only 66 so far, but I find it interesting that only 20% of those that responded are satisfied with the patch.

Well no poll on the forums is scientifically accurate, however from the poll and from what a good number of my guildies have said in game and world chats I think its safe to say more people dislike it then like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I don't particularly see what's wrong with this update.

Yes I am unhappy they put in the Auruas Agent which will **** over token prices for this week. (If you need stuff from tokens just gamble packs or wait until the frenzy is over) But it does benefit all these other servers who want the r8 recast.. (We have over 50 eye of darkness chilling in catshops in our server selling for 1mil each... rofl)

The bosses got harder. Finally people have to learn how to play their class instead of DERPmode 2 hotkeys (spark+autoattack). Mostly the people who left or were complaining just wanted an easymode to play for money they didn't play MMOs for the point it was intended for. I think their mentality doesn't go past the word "Me"

Advanced EU. That was probably the hardest thing I had to run since... 2009 when we were trying to take on TT3-x to obtain our "end-game" gear of the time.

The 3rd cast nirvana is nice for people who want to farm for gear that is kinda close to comparison to R9. (Yes r9 still kicks it butt but at least its pretty damn decent.) As for 3rd cast r9.... This is less then 5% of the entire population of PWI so I don't think many people have to really worry about it.

New moria content.
    Sweet wines for lvl102+ that give 8% max hp
    Order Badges for faster prestige
    New items for purchase from Orders such as exp blessings and nirvana talis.

2 slots for marks of might... Indicating another update in the near future.

Fairy Box Keys - Oh no you actually have to run a BH 1 every now and again... /eyeroll its not like they don't reward you for doing bh 1 by itself....o wait.... that's right they don't give x2 ecstasy cards or an excitement card or other things at all... no..... Quit being lazy and go run it.

I think this was PWEs method of "taking out the trash". It got rid of the playerbase that didn't care about anyone but themselves who wanted to do nothing but money money money for themselves for that e-peen or people who Rushed to endgame level but now are stuck there because since they rushed hoping for easy end-game content don't have even close to adequate gear to sustain them through most of it.

That is my thought on everything atm.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • maocchi
    maocchi Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I love how Fairy box keys aren't even stashable, so that toons that don't farm TT get stuck with a bunch of useless keys while the toon that farms TTgets stuck with a bunch of boxes that can't be opened nor stashed. And since casters are more wanted for new BH bosses, it'll be harder for farming toons to do BHs.

Well played, PWE, well played.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Fairy Box Keys - Oh no you actually have to run a BH 1 every now and again... /eyeroll its not like they don't reward you for doing bh 1 by itself....o wait.... that's right they don't give x2 ecstasy cards or an excitement card or other things at all... no..... Quit being lazy and go run it.

I think this was PWEs method of "taking out the trash". It got rid of the playerbase that didn't care about anyone but themselves who wanted to do nothing but money money money for themselves for that e-peen or people who Rushed to endgame level but now are stuck there because since they rushed hoping for easy end-game content don't have even close to adequate gear to sustain them through most of it.

That is my thought on everything atm.

This is the dumbest sh.it Ive ever read on these forums. Fairy boxes were one thing that non-csers could do to make a dollar. Remember this game is advertised as F2P!!!

"Quit being lazy..." Its got "0" to do with being lazy. Endless BH is a boring as batsh.it.

You've obviously never run people through tt to help them out, and then get a few fairy boxes as a bonus. Its actually fun - remember 'fun'

And what you think fairy boxes is gunna break the dam bank. PWI fked this one up for everyone under 100.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have a feeling if PWE included this level in EU every one would be happy and there would have been no QQ threads.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have a feeling if PWE included this level in EU every one would be happy and there would have been no QQ threads.

b:laugh the ponies are coming the ponies are coming run for the hills
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    This is the dumbest sh.it Ive ever read on these forums. Fairy boxes were one thing that non-csers could do to make a dollar. Remember this game is advertised as F2P!!!

"Quit being lazy..." Its got "0" to do with being lazy. Endless BH is a boring as batsh.it.

You've obviously never run people through tt to help them out, and then get a few fairy boxes as a bonus. Its actually fun - remember 'fun'

And what you think fairy boxes is gunna break the dam bank. PWI fked this one up for everyone under 100.

If your "dollar" is from opening fairy boxes then no comment....

Endless? Doing 1 bh a day takes like no time at all. And STILL takes like no time at all after the update. They even give you an incentive of FREE REWARDS for doing it.

I've probably run more TT / Full RB Deltas for people to help them out then you assume or probably done yourself. I have fun every day thank you for your concern though :)

Everyone 70+ who can do TT can get a key?..... BH1 rewards the key.... again it doesn't take much time at all...

You've obviously not been around long enough.
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Panty_Thief - Raging Tide
    Panty_Thief - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    yummy yummy muchy muchy

Can I get the option of more please

Ooooo look a fresh pair... mine.
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Where is the "Do not care" option?
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    If your "dollar" is from opening fairy boxes then no comment....

Endless? Doing 1 bh a day takes like no time at all. And STILL takes like no time at all after the update. They even give you an incentive of FREE REWARDS for doing it.

I've probably run more TT / Full RB Deltas for people to help them out then you assume or probably done yourself. I have fun every day thank you for your concern though :)

Everyone 70+ who can do TT can get a key?..... BH1 rewards the key.... again it doesn't take much time at all...

You've obviously not been around long enough.

MegaMERC is right. Its dumb sh.it u shouting out b:chuckle

You prolly dont have a stock of fairy boxes anyways, not saying that i have.
    U prolly dont know its very hard to form a bh team at 70+ ranges and not to mention
    the wine prices after this expansion.

Not everything u think is right b:bye
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    After browsing the forums a few times over the last few hours, I've come to the conclusion that this content update is the usual craptastic stuff.

As for tokens being so high - blame PWE/Wanmei. Their idiocy did it.

You know I wish for once you would stick by your threats and just leave. You don't even play the game yet you think your opinion on something you have no clue about matters just because you read it in the forums..

Honestly I blame people like yourself for the problems in this game your constant spreading of discontent to others and trying to rally people against a game people actually likes is just stupid. Your not fighting for a better game your trying to destroy it.

I seriously HATE insulting others but sometimes I am at a loss for words and all I can say is you sir are a F*cking ****. Do yourself and all of us who enojy this game a favor and Leave and do not look back.

/sigh
    edited May 2012
    Options
    MegaMERC is right. Its dumb sh.it u shouting out b:chuckle

You prolly dont have a stock of fairy boxes anyways, not saying that i have.
    U prolly dont know its very hard to form a bh team at 70+ ranges and not to mention
    the wine prices after this expansion.

Not everything u think is right b:bye

If people want to be lazy ***** to earn money they should learn how to merchant. Simple. Some people have the mentality to do so some don't. I actually do have quite a few fair boxes from the TT I run (you obviously didn't read my post.). Wine prices will go back down after this week is over due to the temporary agent. /facepalm.

I admit when I am wrong, which you can see quite a few times I had admitted so like when I was speculating on all the new content. You know why people have a hard time finding BHs at that level range? Blame your Plvlers. If it wasn't for them people would do BHs. And in his case he shouldn't have this issue being 100+ for BHs. It's more of a laziness.

Added note: Keys require people to SOCIALIZE and do things with OTHER people. You know... other players outside this bubble called yourself?
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

• Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    If people want to be lazy ***** to earn money they should learn how to merchant. Simple. Some people have the mentality to do so some don't. I actually do have quite a few fair boxes from the TT I run (you obviously didn't read my post.). Wine prices will go back down after this week is over due to the temporary agent. /facepalm.

I admit when I am wrong, which you can see quite a few times I had admitted so like when I was speculating on all the new content. You know why people have a hard time finding BHs at that level range? Blame your Plvlers. If it wasn't for them people would do BHs. And in his case he shouldn't have this issue being 100+ for BHs. It's more of a laziness.

I won't share how I make money without CSing, that's one good way to make coin. But honestly, I spent a few dollars, and earned some hundreds of millions... Only 10 dollars, merchant with it and made money. Not telling what I bought and resold. But for sure it is a boutique item. Most boutique items are in demand, not farmed items anymore. Only way to make money at high/endgame levels is by being lucky in BH100 / cash shop / or access to boutique items . This isn't 3 years ago anymore.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I won't share how I make money without CSing, that's one good way to make coin. But honestly, I spent a few dollars, and earned some hundreds of millions... Only 10 dollars, merchant with it and made money. Not telling what I bought and resold. But for sure it is a boutique item. Most boutique items are in demand, not farmed items anymore. Only way to make money at high/endgame levels is by being lucky in BH100 / cash shop / or access to boutique items . This isn't 3 years ago anymore.

Not true. I could make up to 100m a day if I was inclined to no life farm.
  • Alexis_Fire - Raging Tide
    Alexis_Fire - Raging Tide Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

LOL it's no "secret" that buying in demand items from the boutique and reselling them then rinse and repeat is a good source of income. But even though you aren't spending money on the game someone else is selling that gold from RL money and when that dries up say bye bye to your source of income.
  • Reliea - Sanctuary
    Reliea - Sanctuary Posts: 685 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I definitely dislike this patch much more than I like it.
    Most of it doesn't really effect me much, but even still I see how most of these ideas are just completely terrible.

Anything to do with the fairy boxes, 95% of people hate. These keys are just clogging up our banks and inventories; and I hope to jeebus they stack to 9999, or imma smack a bizich. Either scrap the keys, or increase the amount that can be opened if you really still want to keep the keys in, or just get rid of the damn boxes again all together. The boxes were fine, if it ain't broke don't bloody fix it ><

All I really want to say about the mats/molds is, you better get yo'self in a damn good guild full of sensible, teamwork-minded people who aren't greedy mofoz. Apparently we're supposed to learn to work together with each other now b:chuckle
    Also, if you buy any of these materials or skills at the prices I'm seeing offered, you're a sucker. A rich sucker, but a sucker. I haven't checked how many of what are required, or how great the frequency of the drop is, but if these things are based off Nirvana, I would suggest paying no more than 2-5x Rapture crystal prices per mat as a base. Sure I might be a little low in my estimate, but for jeebus' sake, not 50+ million per 1! Come on people lets be reasonable b:shocked I'm hoping that over time, it will shuffle down to a more reasonable base price, and I'm willing to do the farming and/or wait for that to happen before I work too hard on getting the mats.

The one good thing I have to say about this patch, is the Morai Order Badge. That was well done.
    Though I hate what they've done to the exclusive Morai shards. IMO if you can get into Morai and join an order you should be able to, with doing the Morai dailies regularly and getting the infl and prest, buy anything the Order sells, regardless of your lvl over 95 or culti level.

Stop putting unnecessary requirements and restrictions on things and let the players decide how they want to play and progress their characters.

Also, where's the bug fixes? Honestly I would pay good money not to rubberband, not to have mobs rubberband... not to get stuck in things... not to be unable to attack mobs because they're too far away while they're actually right next to me... and so on. These things are universally effecting; these are the things that should be focused on to improve our playing experience.

In conclusion, this patch was disappointing and frustrating, but I expected I would feel this way when I read the notes about it before it was implemented.
  • Banndit - Heavens Tear
    Banndit - Heavens Tear Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Still too early to say but the change is probably for the better in the long run, especially for those who enjoy or still have fun playing this game. The game have been too easy in terms of playing and earning coins lately that it got pretty boring so changes were necessary.

If we have a look at the history of this game, you probably notice the difficult or challenging periods which is always followed by an easier period, followed by a too easy period. From my understanding, they will make the game hard for willing cash shopers but they have always help the majority catchup to the point where the game gets easy. I'm pretty sure that given enough time, vast majority will feel comfortable with the game again but have more fun then recent periods like the last few months.

As for the bosses, I don't know what to make of them yet. Also I didn't vote, well things aren't always so black and white.
  • Haila - Sanctuary
    Haila - Sanctuary Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Added note: Keys require people to SOCIALIZE and do things with OTHER people. You know... other players outside this bubble called yourself?

Some ppl like to merchant for their coin and some ppl like to farm and PLAY the game for coin. Some ppl are only playing 1-2 hours max a day or only in the weekend, those ppl dont like to merchant and like to play you know.

Babbling about whats the difference bh is easy and can be done fast, before expansion you only need 1 minute to open 6 fairy boxes and now do a bh first. 1min. better than your so called fast bh1. b:bye And has nothing to do with laziness for being angry. Its like if u have some ecstasy cards stocked up and they are making you do a WQ first to open one ecstasy, you would be pissed also.

Your last point is a real joke, doing bh's to let ppl socialize with other ppl lmao
    So you are saying 70-80+ ppl doing TT or FCC dont have contact with other ppl b:embarrass
    I dont even know whats wrong with doing FCC, its far more challenging than for example bh79. BH79 is like kill 2 mobs run to styg, kill ==> run to linus, avoid hands, kill. Now WOW doing this over and over will let you learn your class b:laugh
  • LeeYung - Sanctuary
    LeeYung - Sanctuary Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    my reply was thinking of quitting because a game i love came out after 12~13 yrs *hint hint*

but now theres no reason is there to go to 100 on anymore chars lol basically bhs becoming harder like bh metal...only reason pwi wants this update is all about the money....they want ppl who purchased vana and r9 gear more reason to spend .... looks like last chance ditch move to try to get more cash b4 pwi ends in a few years
  • DemansPsy - Lost City
    DemansPsy - Lost City Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I acutally like the new update, advance EU gives very high exp(2.3mil per completion as lv 103), lv 75-90 pots, and trade-able lv 100 skill books. Triple cast nirvana and dbl cast r9 are easy to farm yet impossible to cash shop (all molds/basic badges are nontradeble b:laugh) and makes full warsong/lunar worth doing, just wish first recast r9 was cheaper though -_-, gonna cost a few billion to recast my wep alone. However the Fairy box key thing does suck and while iv had no problem with the new SoT bh boss, i heard the new one in abaddon is horrible to fight. Still i like this update a lot more than i hate it.
    full 3r9 +11/12 (still using immac shards though) w/o CSing, leveled to 105 spaming pv, yes i have no life =D
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I dont even know whats wrong with doing FCC, its far more challenging than for example bh79. BH79 is like kill 2 mobs run to styg, kill ==> run to linus, avoid hands, kill. Now WOW doing this over and over will let you learn your class b:laugh

So, um... try 79 unwined sometime? Especially now that token (and thus wine) prices are elevated. It's got a good mix of mob types, mostly of types that don't even exist in FC. You might learn something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Panty_Thief - Raging Tide
    Panty_Thief - Raging Tide Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So, um... try 79 unwined sometime? Especially now that token (and thus wine) prices are elevated. It's got a good mix of mob types, mostly of types that don't even exist in FC. You might learn something.

Yes 79 unwinned is a whole lot harder than FC, lol freaken running mobs b:angry. Not to mention that the magic mobs in 79 hit for a whole lot more than the ones in FC.

Players these days are so spoiled.

Oooo fresh ones... MINE