A dilemma

Options
Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
I've finally worked up enough influence/prestige to get my natural synergy skill from shroud! b:pleased

But now I'm at a crossroads. Do I stay in shroud for those sweet sweet exclusive garnets? Or join luminance for the blazing barrier skill?
Post edited by Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Get enough garnets to shard whatever gear you wish to imbue with them before leaving to join Luminance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Get enough garnets to shard whatever gear you wish to imbue with them before leaving to join Luminance.

That thought crossed my mind shortly after I posted this thread. b:shutup

Also, I realized that while the skill books are bound, the shards are not...
  • ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Get the g15 magic sword before leave shroud is a very goood and cheap weapon.
  • Yusiong - Lost City
    Yusiong - Lost City Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

I have seen the sword on someone and he had really good stats on it. I would have to agree with getting the weapon
    Scissors cuts paper, paper covers rock, rock crushes lizard, lizard poisons Spock, Spock smashes scissors, scissors decapitates lizard, lizard eats paper, paper disproves Spock, Spock vaporizes rock, and as it always has, rock crushes scissors.

~A naked BM is a happy BM~
    edited May 2012
    Options

I'm more interested in getting the awakened rank 8 weapon. Or, with G16 nirvana looming on the horizon, perhaps a G15 nirvana weapon.

If the morai magic sword could get purify spell, or infinite, I might have considered it. But since the adds it can get are pretty average, and its only real selling point being the +60 slaying levels, I may have to give it a pass.

Edit: the morai magic sword would also make my pet heals suffer. I'm not sure how much, but considering that its base magic attack is the same as a TT99 green magic sword, I'm slightly wary. It helps greatly to be able to fully heal your pet's 4k+ hp with a single heal.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I stayed in Shroud until I got all the Garnets I wanted and then moved to Luminance, so yes do that.

Weapon wise; G15 Morai Sword is epic in PvE but...
    Pet heals are indeed weaker because attack levels, or Slaying Levels for the matter, do not affect any type of heal. This is a drawback for Venomancers who still solo things, a horrible thing for Clerics, for Mystics not so much due to plants but still a drawback. Wizards benefit the most out of it as well as Psychics (Sphere in their case) since their heals are no big deal, they rarely become healers in a squad (Sage Bubble of Life is used for the AOE purify mostly).

In that case getting G15 Morai weapon would serve as a DD only weapon and for that case I believe it's not worth and time and money for it unless you have spare time/money for it(G13 one is pretty much free so more reasonable to get as a DD weapon but it's easily surpassed by other options).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Sanivia - Momaganon
    Sanivia - Momaganon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    if you really want to leave your current order, you will looe 5% of your points, but they are not totally lost,
    if you want to join the same order later again, you will still have some prestige and infl. there.
    just when you join an order youve never been in before you start with 0 prest & infl.

so its a question about,what you really wanna get first and if this is worth loosing 5% or your points.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    get blazing barrier if you plan on being a TWer / PKer. It works on ALL physical attacks not just melee. Including Plume Shot / Arrows / etc etc. Otherwise get your shards.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Get a taco while you are at it as well
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Get a taco while you are at it as well
    Taco+Icecream
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Blazing Barrier. Because it kicks ***.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well, if you didn't spend your influence on other things except Natural Synergy then getting the shards shouldn't take long. It took me about 15 days extra to get 8 exclusive garnets but that was because I run out of inluence after buying the skill (bought some EXP pills and threw them in bank for later).
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • FartsALot - Harshlands
    FartsALot - Harshlands Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    the Exclusive Shards Have Been Removed!!!!
    edited May 2012
    Options
    the Exclusive Shards Have Been Removed!!!!

No they didn't. Talk to the NPC that offers basic supplies and select quest related. It's in the list/