Revamped Instances

Options
Sthenith - Dreamweaver
Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
In addition to this new Advanced Endless Universe, we're also putting the Lunar Glade and Warsong City instances through a major revamp. These two dungeons have declined in popularity due to the rise of newer ones, so our developers decided to spruce them up a bit -- both dungeons' difficulties have been increased substantially, and their rewards have been upped as well

So, if i get this straight, in order to populate "less attractive" instances, you make them HARDER to do ?

As it is now, the only time Lunar an,d warsong are "popular", is when they are run as a BH100, specifically because BH100 can give you awesome rewards like an excitement card.

The rest of the time you don't see anyone asking or can't find anyone doing Lunar or warsong because first, it's hard to do, second, it's friggin costly.

So now you're "upping" the rewards, but making it even harder then it is....way to go, what moron decided this ? The only result you'll get is people just skipping that specific bh100 in favore of doing an FC run.

Don't even think for a second that i'm going to pay 500K to enter lunar when it gets even harder to do, when in the same time i GAIN cash/exp doing FC.

Truly guys, you really didn't think this one through did ya.
Post edited by Sthenith - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    To be fair, you have quite a few players complaining about lack of difficulty, due to having r9+12 gears...

Many will be farming Warsong and Lunar, I'm sure in a few days, ppl will have mastered it and find more efficient ways of farming them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So Lunar and Warsong are actually going to become challenging? AWESOME!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Holy hell no matter what is given to the playerbase there is always someone crying about itb:sleep stop it..it is so old OMG
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
  • imnotwraith
    imnotwraith Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    and begins 2 weeks straight of BH seat/abba/ or delta LOL
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    MyMate - Dreamweaver Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Truly guys, you really didn't think this one through did ya.

Hmm...

harder instances,
    adds 3rd r9/nirvy recast,
    players need/want better gear,
    make r9 cheaper,
    put "Medals and Mysterious Chip Packs will be removed from the Boutique at the end of this sale" in the announcement

and u say they didn't think this through? b:chuckle
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    now... the REAL challenge is not the instance but....

getting a squad that can progress through it decently.

just like endless universe.... unless you have some sort of semi static squad, or some good luck with squading, that instance is a pain in the *** and a traumatizer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Sthenith - Dreamweaver
    Sthenith - Dreamweaver Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The last 3 Lunars i went in, there was always someone who died....and all lvl 100+,
    the same deal with warsong, always several people dying in there.

Contrary to popular belief, "most" players don't have R9+12 whatever gear, most just have regular or average gear. Those people won't stand a chance in those instances now.

The only ones able to go and not die will be indeed the ones with OP gear now. More cash/items to the already wealthy....
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Like the way the new warsong/lunar elite mode is made, i wonder how p.lvled players will face it , Not going to do it with random squads.b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options

just like endless universe.... unless you have some sort of semi static squad, or some good luck with squading, that instance is a pain in the *** and a traumatizer

i so agree with this.. i've only done endless universe once and i'll never go back in there with a random squad D: idk how people can fail so much with the amount of good, easy to follow, advice the experienced people gave x.x
    "In the beginning, it was claimed that all in Perfect World were equal. But now it seems that some are more equal than others..." ~ Lost City Recluse
  • MansVisa - Raging Tide
    MansVisa - Raging Tide Posts: 251 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

The rest of the time you don't see anyone asking or can't find anyone doing Lunar or warsong because first, it's hard to do, second, it's friggin costly.

Since when is Warsong costly b:fatb

Um the OLD Lunar was HARD.... The current lunar is flipping EASY

And no my mains not R9 +12 b:bye
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Everyone thinks they know everything , Seems like everyone is boss in perfect world.b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
    Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
    Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The only time I've ever seen parties really fail at Warsong is if they make a bad pull or try to tank Snakefist with sub-par gear. The same with Lunar (jumping into mob groups without anti-movement debuff skills and getting stuck outside of BB or not planning well vs the bosses there.

Even average gear with decent refines can handle those places if the party knows what to do.

Maybe thats too much to ask of players these days...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • NightLace_ - Sanctuary
    NightLace_ - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Am I the only one that read how they are going to update it? The instance will be normal until after you kill a boss, then the player base gets a choice to fight a REALLY hard boss for their gear. So i'm guessing an npc will spawn after bosses in warsong.
    Which actually makes me quite curious to explore this new method of fighting.
    :)

But be prepared for more scammers!!!! b:shockedb:shocked
  • MansVisa - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Maybe thats too much to ask of players these days...

That's because most players these days are FC noobs b:sad
  • MyMate - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    That's because most players these days are FC noobs b:sad

just cause someone chose to power lvl a toon in fc doesn't mean that u can't study other people.. I have a few alts that's plvled and i admit that tho i don't know everything about them (mainly cause i tend to get bored after a while) i have a pretty good idea of what i have to do just by studying other players, often when i run instances on main.

so saying people are noobs just cause they didn't bother too go throu the pain of getting to 100 without FC is just dumb.. people are noobs because they are ignorant and think they know everything there is to know already..
  • articio
    articio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So since warsong and lunar are getting an update, how much does everyone wanna bet that bh metal fire and warsong are broken for at least the first week after the update b:laugh
  • MansVisa - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Options
    just cause someone chose to power lvl a toon in fc doesn't mean that u can't study other people.. I have a few alts that's plvled and i admit that tho i don't know everything about them (mainly cause i tend to get bored after a while) i have a pretty good idea of what i have to do just by studying other players, often when i run bh on main.

so saying people are noobs just cause they didn't bother too go throu the pain of getting to 100 without FC is just dumb.. people are noobs because they are ignorant and think they know everything there is to know already..

Then lets rephrase, shall we. Most power leveled FC noobs don't take the time to learn their class and skillsb:bye
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    just cause someone chose to power lvl a toon in fc doesn't mean that u can't study other people.. I have a few alts that's plvled and i admit that tho i don't know everything about them (mainly cause i tend to get bored after a while) i have a pretty good idea of what i have to do just by studying other players, often when i run instances on main.

No.

People are noobs because they don't know everything about their class.

They may be not ignorant, but they are useless at any squad.
    Edit:
    Newbie - A term used to describe a player who is new to the game. Sometimes confused with "noob" (see below).
    Newb - Short for "newbie". See above.

Noob or N00b - An experienced player who intentionally or unintentionally behaves like an idiot or newbie.

If someone think, that level 100 player is just "Newbie", then what can I say ...

He has more experience and spirit than my character, for example.
  • CroPsy - Heavens Tear
    CroPsy - Heavens Tear Posts: 476 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I don't get some of players b:laugh
    First they QQ how they have nothing to do in game (they actually do, but they are too lazy to do anything). Now we got to the point where many players have good enough gear to solo pretty much anything, so they QQ how game is easy. PWI introduced new, harder instances, and now people will QQ how they can't solo that? b:shocked
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I don't get some of players b:laugh
    First they QQ how they have nothing to do in game (they actually do, but they are too lazy to do anything). Now we got to the point where many players have good enough gear to solo pretty much anything, so they QQ how game is easy. PWI introduced new, harder instances, and now people will QQ how they can't solo that? b:shocked

Screwy, aint it?b:chuckle
  • ChidoriAkuma - Heavens Tear
    ChidoriAkuma - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    idk, im a good player but my gear barely keeps me alive in bh metal if i get aggro from the boss or a big pull of mobs(counting having a charm on) , ill probly have to skip those instances again like when i had less then 5k hp o.e
  • Khallie - Sanctuary
    Khallie - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    idk, im a good player but my gear barely keeps me alive in bh metal if i get aggro from the boss or a big pull of mobs(counting having a charm on) , ill probly have to skip those instances again like when i had less then 5k hp o.e

But the new bosses dont spawn until the old boss is dead, and from what I gather its asked if players want to kill the harder boss. So why avoid it, there is no reason to unless the sq had stated they are killing the second boss.
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    They said they increased the difficulty considerably for the whole instances not just the new bosses from the way they've worded it.

Not to mention the changes to two of the BH Quests probably meaning that we will no longer obtain Snakefist or the Lunar BH anymore to prevent people running it simultaneously to farming the new gear which wouldnt surprise me what so ever
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    im hoping they didnt revamp it so that the whole squad suffers cause of 1 tard' repeating the same mishaps
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    im hoping they didnt revamp it so that the whole squad suffers cause of 1 tard' repeating the same mishaps

Agreed its already bad enough when people dont listen/follow instructions
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Lol... watch QQ about Lunar being "worthless" to do for even the cash shoppers because the difficulties will be increased "substantially" b:laugh
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Thirding this. Gets really annoying when one idiot screws up and it causes everyone else to go down with him when the rest of the squad is more than capable of making up for the dead weight normally.
  • legendarycura
    legendarycura Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Holy hell no matter what is given to the playerbase there is always someone crying about itb:sleep stop it..it is so old OMG

totally agree with you.