Sarra's non-biased "Do you use a Fakebook account for a blessing" Poll.

Options
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
Unlike my last poll, which was... Um... Biased, this one will be simple, unbiased, and short.

I saw one of the adverts on my doorstep when I just came home, and it has in big, bold lettering on the front: "Like us on facebook and get a discount on your next Pizza!" I started thinking about the commercialization of Facebook, and how I was thinking to myself "I don't even have a facebook account. Oh, wait, I have a fake one!" I created a Fakebook account, IE, a fake facebook, for the express purpose of getting a jones blessing. This got me wondering... How many people here actually have a real Facebook account, and use it to get a blessing, vs those that use a Fakebook.

So, here's the poll.
101 Sage Sin*/Archer
100 Demon BM*/Barb
96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
95 Demon Wiz/
94 Sage Veno
85 Psy/80 Mystic
And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
*Pre RB level
Post edited by Sarrafeline - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I used my real FB account until PWE started spamming my walls and FB made it so I had to click 3 times to remove a post from my wall. Now I use a fake FB account.
  • HardToFind - Raging Tide
    HardToFind - Raging Tide Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have account but only for those blessings.
    I also don't think every single thing about me should be there out in the open for everyone.
    Therefore I keep my use of social media to a minimum
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Fakebook account just for blessings. I don't see the big hype with FB and I sure as hell won't join it. :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Fakebook account just for blessings. I don't see the big hype with FB and I sure as hell won't join it. :p

Same. Especially since it seems to think I'm an Egyptian Muslim, and keeps suggesting to me that I 'know' a bunch of random Egyptians. b:sweat

Seriously. I don't want that **** tracking me. >_> Facebook seems like an AWESOME tool for our government, or any other government, to spy on the personal lives of people. The Government needs to leave the internet alone.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited May 2012
    Options
    My friends and even my teacher pretty much organises things over FB so it's more or less mandatory for me. If I don't log FB for a week I would probably miss quite a lot of stuff.
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have put way worse stuff on the internet than my choice in games. So i don't see a problem using my normal facebook account.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I use both. Fakebook for blessing. Facebook for people I talk to outside of this game.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I think the major problem with FB is: What do you tell about yourself?

Imo people post way too much personal information for everyone being able to read it. Would you tell that random stranger you just passed by on the street that you had an awesome night...? That's what you do on FB. And all the world can read it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Imo people post way too much personal information for everyone being able to read it. Would you tell that random stranger you just passed by on the street that you had an awesome night...? That's what you do on FB. And all the world can read it.

You sure you're not thinking about Twitter? :P

Not everyone uses FB for that extent or they have it on private so only select people can see it ijs.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited May 2012
    Options

Privacy -> friends only
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

That's why there are privacy settings. You can choose whether you want everyone to see, or just a certain group of people.

I don't really care who sees. I have my family on facebook and still post embarrassing things on there. Recently though it's just me spamming my wall with funny pictures and rude status updates.
  • Safeng - Sanctuary
    Safeng - Sanctuary Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Not everyone uses FB for that extent or they have it on private so only select people can see it ijs.

Eh, let's say it was about the whole issue of social networks on the internet. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Privacy -> friends only
    That's why there are privacy settings. You can choose whether you want everyone to see, or just a certain group of people.

I don't really care who sees. I have my family on facebook and still post embarrassing things on there. Recently though it's just me spamming my wall with funny pictures and rude status updates.

T-t-t-t-t-triple Owned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I use my personal facebook for the blessing, and just remove the post.
    I mostly use facebook to keep in touch with friends who live further away, and to keep in touch with ppl from my class without having to ask for phone numbers...
    and well yeh, privacy settings <3 friends only \o/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I use my personal facebook for the blessing, and just remove the post.
    I mostly use facebook to keep in touch with friends who live further away, and to keep in touch with ppl from my class without having to ask for phone numbers...
    and well yeh, privacy settings <3 friends only \o/

Same I just remove and unlike the moment I get the blessing.

I rarely ever use my facebook except to keep up with family and friends. I like my privacy so I never post anything on it or if I do it's friends only.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I'm too lazy to unlike it u_u and besides that my friends know I like gaming. And they really don't give a damn \o/
    And there's groups, secret/hidden groups. Which I mostly post in, since it's only available to a few friends XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have a real facebook, and a fake facebook. I don't post anything on either I wouldn't be fine telling a complete stranger, even though my privacy settings are pretty tight and I have people organized into groups. My family can't see the same pictures that my friends can, mostly because my dad has a facebook and my mom doesn't approve of cussing, even though I'm an adult. Her philosophy is you're never to old to be lectured about swear words and etiquette. I was able to share things like my college graduation with friends that had long moved, likewise I was able to cheer on my friend who now lives very far away from me with her first new day as a teacher. The best part is that we can share the pictures and comment on them and chat with each other without having to stop and text each and every single little thing. I think if you use facebook correctly, it can be a fantastic resource to stay in touch with friends. Besides that, its fun when people post links to things that I never would have found on my own. For example, I discovered grooveshark through my friends playlist on facebook.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I don't use it... PWI needs to come up with something way better to bribe me into getting a Failbook account and "liking" them for an item...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I havent opened my real account for 2 years and my hotmail account has some 50 friends requests hahah. All my fakebook accounts were banned so no blessings for me which sucks, and I cant be bothered making another one.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I only use facebook for blessings. I got over social networking as a little teenager back in the myspace days >.>

I'd be far too lazy to regularly check it anyway if I did have a legit FB.

Any rl connections I have can be reached by phone anyway. FB is really more of a status thing imo. But it's great for anyone in my family/close to my family who wishes to talk **** about me, as I'll never see it.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I only use facebook for blessings. I got over social networking as a little teenager back in the myspace days >.>

I'd be far too lazy to regularly check it anyway if I did have a legit FB.

Any rl connections I have can be reached by phone anyway. FB is really more of a status thing imo. But it's great for anyone in my family/close to my family who wishes to talk **** about me, as I'll never see it.

What kind of status can you get from using FB? I"ve honestly never heard that one before, so I'm legitimately curious. To me its more like google, many are using it but if you use bing instead or don't really have a computer, nobody really cares.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited May 2012
    Options
    What kind of status can you get from using FB? I"ve honestly never heard that one before, so I'm legitimately curious. To me its more like google, many are using it but if you use bing instead or don't really have a computer, nobody really cares.

It's something you can flaunt to other people. "Oh, did you see what _______ posted to her/his FB?! *More pointless blather here*"

I got over Social Media back in the LiveJournal days. OMG, don't remind me of that, so much QQ, /wrist, massive anger, and other pointless nonsense. >________>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited May 2012
    Options
    It's something you can flaunt to other people. "Oh, did you see what _______ posted to her/his FB?! *More pointless blather here*"

I got over Social Media back in the LiveJournal days. OMG, don't remind me of that, so much QQ, /wrist, massive anger, and other pointless nonsense. >________>

Hmm, where I live it's not really used for much than showing photos to each other, not really as a status thing. Sure there is the relationship drama, but even then thats more along the lines of the usual gossip. And those people often start the gossip before anything gets posted on facebook. Most of the people I know just use it to show each other photos, wish each other happy birthday, chat with friends who are far away when you don't really have time to call them, and organize times for get togethers. Even my high school brother doesn't use it as a status thing. That's actually pretty interesting.

What kinds of facebook things do people brag about?
    Do people brag about how many friends they have on facebook or something?
    Or their farms in farmville?
    How many girls/guys are posting on their walls?

Sorry, just find it so funny/interesting that people use it as a status thing. To me its like an online scrapbook. Twitter is where people tend to overshare.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Hmm, where I live it's not really used for much than showing photos to each other, not really as a status thing. Sure there is the relationship drama, but even then thats more along the lines of the usual gossip. And those people often start the gossip before anything gets posted on facebook. Most of the people I know just use it to show each other photos, wish each other happy birthday, chat with friends who are far away when you don't really have time to call them, and organize times for get togethers. Even my high school brother doesn't use it as a status thing. That's actually pretty interesting.

What kinds of facebook things do people brag about?
    Do people brag about how many friends they have on facebook or something?
    Or their farms in farmville?
    How many girls/guys are posting on their walls?

Sorry, just find it so funny/interesting that people use it as a status thing. To me its like an online scrapbook. Twitter is where people tend to overshare.

One of my coworkers showed me his photo collection on his FB account. I was impressed.

But then, I didn't get to see the rest of the stuff on his account :P

And TBH, I don't really know about here, I just kind of... Ignore my coworkers. >_>
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited May 2012
    Options
    One of my coworkers showed me his photo collection on his FB account. I was impressed.

But then, I didn't get to see the rest of the stuff on his account :P

And TBH, I don't really know about here, I just kind of... Ignore my coworkers. >_>

LOL I think every workplace has people that you just wanna ignore. And tbh, college was the same way. I worked in the cafeteria my freshman year, and a girl asked me (super seriously, without a trace of irony or humor) whether or not the ice in her juice would melt. Sadly, people like that are literally everywhere. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I originally only made a facebook to play games on it. So, I guess mine is and always was a fakebook despite having my real stuff. b:chuckle

So no one cares if I spam them with Jones blessings. That just tells them "Hey! Jer's back in the game, lets bug him!"
    I worked in the cafeteria my freshman year, and a girl asked me (super seriously, without a trace of irony or humor) whether or not the ice in her juice would melt. Sadly, people like that are literally everywhere. b:chuckle

:|
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
    edited May 2012
    Options
    LOL I think every workplace has people that you just wanna ignore. And tbh, college was the same way. I worked in the cafeteria my freshman year, and a girl asked me (super seriously, without a trace of irony or humor) whether or not the ice in her juice would melt. Sadly, people like that are literally everywhere. b:chuckle

I think my response to that would get me fired. o.o

And yes, where I work, the front desk people deal with ALL KINDS of insane ineptitude. >_< It's actually comical to hear some of the stories.
    I originally only made a facebook to play games on it. So, I guess mine is and always was a fakebook despite having my real stuff. b:chuckle

So no one cares if I spam them with Jones blessings. That just tells them "Hey! Jer's back in the game, lets bug him!"

Eh, if your life revolves around games, then it's not really a Fakebook. :P Sort of is if you didn't use your real name, though. XD

I think one of the big reasons I didn't do anything at all with my fakebook except spam it with Jones **** is because it takes too much effort to make it look kickass. I've made websites in the past, often from scratch writing the HTML myself, and I don't really want to do that again. >___> Unless it completely makes itself from the ground up with me just staring at it, I'm not gonna bother. D:
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    *Pre RB level
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I think my response to that would get me fired. o.o

And yes, where I work, the front desk people deal with ALL KINDS of insane ineptitude. >_< It's actually comical to hear some of the stories.

Eh, if your life revolves around games, then it's not really a Fakebook. :P Sort of is if you didn't use your real name, though. XD

I think one of the big reasons I didn't do anything at all with my fakebook except spam it with Jones **** is because it takes too much effort to make it look kickass. I've made websites in the past, often from scratch writing the HTML myself, and I don't really want to do that again. >___> Unless it completely makes itself from the ground up with me just staring at it, I'm not gonna bother. D:

I actually worked for the front desk for the majority of college career, quit the cafeteria after freshman year because I was surrounded by that calibur or moron, worked long hours in which I couldn't do my homework, and got paid the same thing as front desk person.

One year, I was checking out a student. I told her to check her mailbox because by federal law I just couldn't hand the mail to her. She then admitted she didn't know how to open the mailbox (all you had to do was stick the key in the key whole and turn it, btw) and that her roommate had always got the mail for her. I walked around and demonstrated how to open it, and she asked me if she was stupid. I chose not to answer the question, especially after seeing on her checkout card that her major was pre-nursing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Have a fake account for blessings.

Have a few real ones scattered around that I don't bother with much as well.