Archer Videos

Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
edited August 2013 in Archer
I'm just going to be posting my videos and any future videos here rather than make new threads.
Feel free to post your videos here too.

I had some requests to make a real TW video and this weekend was the first real TW I've had in a while. It was a full 3 hours long but I only recorded the first hour of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4UGbT-4sRU

This is the first TW where I had both leaps and stealth and was trying to use them frequently. I was a bit sloppy in parts but think I did alright. I probably need to do better editting though <_<

Here are my previous videos, mostly PVE:

Soloing Harpy Wraith
Soloing TM69
Jungle Ruins Speed Run
Stealth Farming Card Boss
Stealth Trolling TW
BH Seat Speed Run
Farming Mini World Bosses
Solo Revamped Abba and Seat BH
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
Post edited by Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 on

Comments

• Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Knockback still on hotkey bar?
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    edited May 2012
    Knockback still on hotkey bar?

Only at the start <_< I switch to that skill for the Tiger Event and the Sat Morai Event. I usually switch it back but forgot.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Stealth didn't seem as good as leaps in TW, seems like most of the time you died was due to stealthing instead of leaping out of their range but I might be wrong. I will be getting my stealth in the next few days, hoping for a real TW to try it myself.

I also hate you for getting 3h TW while we get 5-10min rolls, tell Q I said hi.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited May 2012
    Stealth didn't seem as good as leaps in TW, seems like most of the time you died was due to stealthing instead of leaping out of their range but I might be wrong. I will be getting my stealth in the next few days, hoping for a real TW to try it myself.

Lame.

inb4youstartstealthinginpktoojustlikesins
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yay, a thread similar to my sin video thread in the sin subforums! I like these kinds of threads because it allows many people to see many things a person can do on their char, without the need to continue searching for more content.

Keep it up Ast :D

And Moe, when do you get Stealth, test to see if leaps work while in it. Unless that's already been tested already.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited May 2012
    And Moe, when do you get Stealth, test to see if leaps work while in it. Unless that's already been tested already.

Ast already has both and in his video it looks like it does work
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Ast already has both and in his video it looks like it does work

Weren't the leaps put there to help move in stealth?
    edited May 2012

Yah. I need to be a lot more careful about Stealthing while being barraged considering how often other archers like to barrage me. Really I was overusing the skills to try to get a feel for when to use them better.
    I do it a few times in the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x4UGbT-4sRU#t=720s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x4UGbT-4sRU#t=440s
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dylena - Raging Tide
    Dylena - Raging Tide Posts: 1,416 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yah. I need to be a lot more careful about Stealthing while being barraged considering how often other archers like to barrage me. Really I was overusing the skills to try to get a feel for when to use them better.

I do it a few times in the video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x4UGbT-4sRU#t=720s
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x4UGbT-4sRU#t=440s

Yeah I kinda did the same on the first few TWs with leap, ended up leaping the wrong way often due to not being used to these skills. I'm hoping with the new update the seal skill will be obtainable because that's the one I was looking forward to the most.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    Yeah I kinda did the same on the first few TWs with leap, ended up leaping the wrong way often due to not being used to these skills. I'm hoping with the new update the seal skill will be obtainable because that's the one I was looking forward to the most.

put the leap right on the right side and the leap left on the left?
    edited May 2012
    put the leap right on the right side and the leap left on the left?

It gets really confusing since you usually want to leap forward or back.

Like suppose you are running backwards and to the left but you want to leap forwards and to the left. Do you leap left or right?

Suppose your left leap is on cooldown and you want to leap backwards and to the left, which direction do you face?

I had to spend a lot of time leaping around arch to get used to it. The leaps for the other classes are a lot easier to use.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    That's great how leaps work in Archer's stealth. At least it gives somewhat of a way to move.

And it definitely is a lot more confusing to use Archer's leaps.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    edited May 2012
    It gets really confusing since you usually want to leap forward or back.

Like suppose you are running backwards and to the left but you want to leap forwards and to the left. Do you leap left or right?

Suppose your left leap is on cooldown and you want to leap backwards and to the left, which direction do you face?

I had to spend a lot of time leaping around arch to get used to it. The leaps for the other classes are a lot easier to use.

right right / left left is always backwards since 90 + 90 = 180 degrees. Right left / left right is always forward since it's 90-90 = 0 degrees.

I assigned my leaps to Q and E, I was going to assigned them to 2 and 3 but Q and E is probably easier to use with WASD keys to leap forward/backwards
  • Ruvil - Sanctuary
    Ruvil - Sanctuary Posts: 382 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    my leap hot keys are the same ^

Q leap left E leap right
    edited May 2012
    my leap hot keys are the same ^

Q leap left E leap right

I probably should do that.. right now I use those for genie skills.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    my archer had brilliant plumes...

...i sold them because they look lop-sided <.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
    edited May 2012
    my archer had brilliant plumes...

...i sold them because they look lop-sided <.>

b:sad
  • Demon_troll - Harshlands
    Demon_troll - Harshlands Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    u tried to solo tw? u crazy? :/ ugh... ncsoft have to deal with pve too T_T sucks i want my ranger high lvl enough so i can kill ppl =/...
  • Ancris - Archosaur
    Ancris - Archosaur Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Who's this guy and what's he talking about?
    edited May 2012

check up core connect and u will see... i quit this game cuz it too hard, die to everything in the game, and play a different game... not that lvl anymore btw but meh.
    edited May 2012
    u tried to solo tw? u crazy? :/ ugh... ncsoft have to deal with pve too T_T sucks i want my ranger high lvl enough so i can kill ppl =/...
    go away

He's some idiot who thinks he knows what he's talking about.
    takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak
  • Ancris - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    check up core connect and u will see... i quit this game cuz it too hard, die to everything in the game, and play a different game... not that lvl anymore btw but meh.

Weird, as an archer I thought you use all sorts of control spells to kill everything before it gets to you. I have never played archer in PWI but in many other games that's how archers work.

EDIT: Rofl Spazz =P
    edited May 2012
    Weird, as an archer I thought you use all sorts of control spells to kill everything before it gets to you. I have never played archer in PWI but in many other games that's how archers work.

EDIT: Rofl Spazz =P

He doesn't use skills. Just demon spark windshield autoattack.
  • Ancris - Archosaur
    edited May 2012

Ehhh may I ask why? Aren't skills meant to be used if we learn them?
    edited May 2012
    Ehhh may I ask why? Aren't skills meant to be used if we learn them?

He doesn't learn skills either.
    edited May 2012

u r truly a ****ing tard, skills on pwi for archer? seriously? ai on have better skills for archer, and it aint damn expensive either. forced to use skills on that game but it isn't so bad cuz i don't have to deal with this spirit and too much coin bull ****
  • Ancris - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    He doesn't learn skills either.

Aren't skills an important factor in character development? Why would someone not learn them?
    u r truly a ****ing tard, skills on pwi for archer? seriously? ai on have better skills for archer, and it aint damn expensive either. forced to use skills on that game but it isn't so bad cuz i don't have to deal with this spirit and too much coin bull ****

Skills are what will make you not die much. Sure you'll die if a mob scores a lucky crit and you're low on HP, or if you attack a boss solo, but skills are there to help you kill the mob faster...
    edited May 2012
    Aren't skills an important factor in character development? Why would someone not learn them?

because they are expensive and useless and too much hassle?
    edited May 2012
    Go away. This is the pwi forums not whatever you play

Because hes a ****ing idiot. Windshielding after demon spark is soooo proooooo
    edited May 2012
    Go away. This is the pwi forums not whatever you play

Because hes a ****ing idiot. Windshielding after demon spark is soooo proooooo

i would reinstall this game just to kill u -.-"