Perfect World Movie - Last Stand

Options
Kurthe - Heavens Tear
Kurthe - Heavens Tear Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2012 in The Fanatics Forum
Hey all!

A movie that has just been finished as a University project using Perfect World, and wanted to let everyone know it's now up and running. There's both a trailer and a full length film.

And no, it isn't just some random video of someone running around attacking, or characters doing something weird or whatever, but actually tells a story and has been filmed 'like a film'. So hopefully everyone will like it :o

Overall film took up 70gigs with over 500 different video clips. This was then all compiled over the space of a couple a months to produce the 2 videos.

Feel free to leave any comments :D

PS was very hard filming with just 2 people, but we managed it!

SYNOPSIS

In a world divided, peace is often short-lived. Now the time has come when the brotherhood of the Fallen strikes out in secret to obtain the weapon of ultimate mass destruction. A handful of skilled warriors, led by the sacred Guardian Chelestine, must unite and rise up to face the Fallen before all is lost.

Cuts.jpg

Cover.jpg

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlprEZMtt7Y&feature=youtu.be

Movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJfLVK1mZUE&feature=youtu.be

Cast appearing in the film for those interested:

Cast1.jpg

Cast2.jpg
Post edited by Kurthe - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Fonyan - Heavens Tear
    Fonyan - Heavens Tear Posts: 450 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Wow, must have taken so much time to film it and put it all together. Awesome job, I really enjoyed watching it! b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Screenshot thread:
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1504791

Currently playing: real life ver. 2.0
  • Kurthe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    haha it sure did! b:chuckle but absolutely worth it b:thanks
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Awesome job Kurthe I can only imagine how hard it was to take all this scenes..
    Story is nice but.. sad so short hehe.

Ps. Glad you didn't used many "duel" scenes lol.. this circle on the ground is meh..

WTG!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Lynzeya - Dreamweaver
    Lynzeya - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I commebted. That was just amazing! If you ever do things like this again (and I hope you do), try voicing it over. The text I felt needed to be spoken. Other then that, good job!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vixter - harshlands:
    hey, i got a good idea, lets complain about gas prices, since thats also something we have no control over!

<3 proud to be autistic! /watch?v=Q7lJ8ioD2-g Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
  • Kurthe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Hehe thanks :D and yeah, only time we used the duel method was for a time where pk wasn't possible, as like you said, doesn't look good lol.

And about voice acting.. Honestly, that's exactly what we wanted but... Neither of us wanted to do it xD so we went with text, which as we know, isnt half as effective as when using actual voices. But oh well, perhaps next time we'd have to get people to do it for us :D
  • Ivienn - Lost City
    Ivienn - Lost City Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Awesome! It's interesting to watch, not too long and very well put! As someone studying similar thing all I can say awesome job! Must have taken a while to capture it all right. I hope you got great grade on that project. ^^ Only trailer is a tiny bit too long, but maybe that's just me. Great job!
  • Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear
    Aurantiumina - Heavens Tear Posts: 344 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    That was very impressive, great job, it even made me sniffle at the endb:chuckle

I hope you get great marks, and I agree Lynzeya, voicing would be great, though it's awesome like this toob:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "sorry i hate post like this,im not trolling it,Im freakin gargoyaling it." - OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    "You can't quit untill you try, you can't live untill you die; You can't learn to tell the truth untill you learn to lie
    You can't breathe untill you choke; You gotta laugh when you're the joke
    There's nothing like a funeral to make you feel ALIVE" - Lyrics (not mine obviously coz I'm dumbb:chuckle)
  • Kurthe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Aww how cute b:mischievous

yeah, the trailer was suppose to be around 2 minutes, but we found this showed too little, and didnt show all that we wanted to show too.. So we decided to make it more of a 'non-Theatrical Trailer' which are usually slightly longer than normal.

And thanks to you both for your lovely comments b:cute
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    wow. That sure seems like a lot of work o.o
    Really awesome vid, and sad it's so short D: would love to see more of it ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback on my comment. I'm finishing school this year, maybe when I get a laptop and recording programs I can voice for your next project! :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Kurthe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    hehe, always a possibility b:cuteb:mischievous
  • Baby_pho - Heavens Tear
    Baby_pho - Heavens Tear Posts: 636 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    no wizzy love b:cry

jks rofl. love every minute of the movie and the trailer. awesome work :3 i enjoy watching it very well. thanks alot :3 b:thanks. i actually was suprised at the end lol didnt think u'd get a whole bunch of mystics unify them in a circle. that was very cool. ofc u have to end the battle with an hf X3 ! it showed alot!!!! of pwi's land scape which i love. very nicely done
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Holy freaking cat hair.

That was awesome. Such a well done story and the scenes... wow. You really did a superb job with that movie (:

Kinda too blown away to say more xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Things I loved: Most of the plot, the superbly done animations, and the general feel of the story. The music was well chosen, and the animations were mostly spot on. Bravo

Things I think I could use a bit more work: I think Kurthe overused the "think" gesture, for instance when he was warming his hands by the fire, "defend" might have been more appropriate as it sticks their hands out in front of them. I also feel like that one shot with the dueling circle could have been cut, cuz the dueling circle don't really look good as mentioned by others. I also wish the keeper of the wand had played a bigger part in the recapture of the wand. It wasn't really "her" story, it was Kurthe's story. But that's just nitpicky, I just tend to prefer strong female leads. It would have also made more sense since you chose to narrate it in first person, but she wasn't there for most of it. Also the scene at the end, I think it would have been better to have him run her to help. I mean he teleports from inside of the cave to outside, but can't be bothered to run his dying/dead finance to the healer?

Overall: I really did love it, and I can tell this was a labor of love. The only reason I pointed out the small criticisms is because you say this is for a grade. So maybe if you choose to do perfect world again, you can keep some of these things in mind. I'm sure your teacher will do a better analysis than I did though. XD Even though it was 14 minutes long, it felt short. But it wasn't short at all, which means it was just told so well that it kept the audience wanting more. This is always a good thing. If I had to grade it, I'd definitely give you guys a B+ or A, truly great job. And you should be really proud. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Trailer too long for my liking.

Full video:
    I didn't like the font type, it's hard to read for me.
    At 3 mins smth, I didn't like the constant music switch between the bad/good guys, currently annoying the hell out of Shik with it. b:cute

Otherwise good job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kurthe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Wow thanks for all the comments o.o really good to hear people liking it :D and I just wanted to clarify coz I'm pretty sure I haven't yet but.. It's in fact the trailer were getting marked on :p so the reason it's slightly longer than usual was because it needed to show more of a story in that too, as well as the actual film. Film was made coz we simply really wanted to make one of those too :p

And appreciate all the suggestions Venus :) Only reason he was walking was to give more dramatic tension as he embarks on his long journey. Running didn't have the same effect and didn't fit aesthetically.

Oh! And there isn't any wizzies was because we didn't have one between us.... highest we had was 24 :D
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    b:surprised I'm speechless. Beyond saying that that was awesome! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Kurthe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Thanks! Glad ya liked it b:victory
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    That was really well made! I enjoyed watching it.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Kurthe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Thanks Skai, good to hear b:thanks
  • Neubee - Archosaur
    Neubee - Archosaur Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    nice panorama.

i tried a hand at it ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tod8rEedTPE

maybe one day we can have a collaborative effort if enough people express interest.
  • Kurthe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    haha, like it! b:chuckle
  • Craynen - Heavens Tear
    Craynen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Fantastic vid guys, nice work!
  • Kurthe - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Thanks a lot Craynen b:pleased
  • Aveth - Heavens Tear
    Aveth - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wow amazing! Loved how the fight scenes turned out! Nice job b:pleased
  • Niob - Harshlands
    Niob - Harshlands Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Really well made! Good job! b:victory

I'm thinking of making my own movie. Voiced with Speakonia and UTAU b:chuckle
  • The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    I don't know if someone has already said this, but you can take away the duel circles by moving the "Effects" bar 1 notch down. You wil still have the other effects, but the circle will be gone! b:pleased
  • Kurthe - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    hmm actually didn't try taking it down just one notch, but all the way, which turned off all effects b:laugh but thanks for the tip The_owner b:thanks

@ Niob - Best of luck with your own movie! Hope it turns out exactly the way you want it b:pleased Just keep in mind, they take a very long time to make..!
  • Sharman_V - Heavens Tear
    Sharman_V - Heavens Tear Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Wow, just wow! Completely blew me away with how well that was filmed! Have you found out how well you did yet?
  • Kurthe - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2012
    Options
    Thanks Sharman b:pleased and actually yeah, found out today actually.. Highest grade possible for it! b:thanks