Imperial Fury May 23rd

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2012
    That's not enough to bring me back to the game though. Cap FC to be closed to anything under level 75, fix most of the glitches, bugs, SP, less pack sales, better class balancing, and then I'll come back. b:bye
    Agreed. The game is quickly becoming a noob e-peen festival. We need to bring the storyline back and fix the bugs that have riddled the client since it was in Beta. I'm not interested in new content, I'm interested in old content that actually works like it should.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Agreed. The game is quickly becoming a noob e-peen festival. We need to bring the storyline back and fix the bugs that have riddled the client since it was in Beta. I'm not interested in new content, I'm interested in old content that actually works like it should.

The thing is, new content has potential to bring in new players. Fixing old bugs doesn't do that.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The thing is, new content has potential to bring in new players. Fixing old bugs doesn't do that.

Why not do both. Then everyone wins? O wait multitasking isn't exactly their forte. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Naturion - Dreamweaver
    Naturion - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    another expansion with no new content.. great lets farm a instance we already have another 1k times
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yay! finally people will do EU! b:victory

another expansion with no new content.. great lets farm a instance we already have another 1k times

This is just more of the morai expansion, to be fair. Which did have plenty of new content. A new instance, new skills for all of the classes, new gear that is actually pretty darn good for many classes and a cheap alternative if you don't pvp, new items (exclusive shards are pretty useful) and even a brand new pet for venos. In my opinion this is the best new expansion since age of spirits, and its definitely a step in the right direction. It's unfortunately too little to late for class balancing, but still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Anyone else hoping for a Summerwind Token boutique sale?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited May 2012

only if you have no regards to what little balance that is left in this game b:cry
  • Vancore - Sanctuary
    Vancore - Sanctuary Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited May 2012

im not
    Federation of United Casters Keeping Others From Failing And
    Positively Succeeding (Taken from SkogDyr of Lost City)
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    looks like fun another thing for me and my faction mates to work toward sounds good to me bring it onb:chuckleb:thanks
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I wonder how they will promote this new type of r9 gears, since you need r9 recast, which very few ppl have.

Will they bring the Aurora Agent for Nirv mats?

Will they introduce the 500 Wedding Candies for 1 Summerwind Token quest?

Will they simply have a discounted sale for r9 gears?

I cannot wait for next week's sale if this is true. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Bramble on bosses isn't an automatic "**** you" to 5aps.

It's only an automatic "**** you" to 5aps that don't know how to "glitch" it. b:chuckle

Edit- But anyway...I'll wait and see if Nirvana 3rd recast requires chienkuns or not before I decide if this update will be worthwhile.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    ANOTHER EXPANSION?

"So...who's ready for some new content to conquer? Our latest content update, Imperial Fury, scheduled for release May 23rd, will bring some exciting new content, functionality and UI improvements, and bug fixes for all to enjoy!"

I won't complain about the bug fixes, even though that is beyond late (again). Is this meant for a make up for the loss on PWI's fail expansion and duty to ban the FC glitch abusers? I already think that is too late now, this game is already screwed up. People already have left this game because of that.

Also "Reversion of the Secret Passage instance to being PvE (and noob friendly)" never call a newcomer a "noob" unless he or she is playing like a noob. We have so many 100 and even 105 noobs already. It is also often used.... So please refrain from calling them "noobs"

but there are far too much gear in this damn game, and with stats that do not belong such as -interval/channeling/speed on a rank chest piece (it only belongs to the right areas). Hats (or helmets) should have -channeling on those and rings and weapons, sleeves and leggings and weapons giving -interval. This game is built way too wrong.... How much gears do we have now? A lot. Not counting OHT gear, which was meant to be for endgame doesn't it? Maybe it would be more of an expensive alternative compared to Nirvana.

We have equips such as TT, frost, lunar, war soul, Nirvana, pack capes, trophy mode capes, ridiculous amounts of blessings, rank, faction base, and lastly but most certainly not least, morai. Literally we have far too much gear and you want to make more!? Seriously?
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    Well, there's our content update, usually that stuff is hinted by the company at least 1 week before it's release...

Hello new gears, so who is getting the next tier of rank 9 gears? b:shocked

Heres an official post: http://pwi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=530961
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
  • The__Sun - Dreamweaver
    The__Sun - Dreamweaver Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2012

lol the official one has wayyyy less detail then the one I posted, but yeah I made this thread before the official post thats why I was asking about confirming
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    **** Laws of Physics I'm going to shoot crystals from my hands and summon meteors from the air.... Laws of Psychics
    edited May 2012
    lol the official one has wayyyy less detail then the one I posted, but yeah I made this thread before the official post thats why I was asking about confirming

Would you prefer if they had another countdown timer? lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Would you prefer if they had another countdown timer? lol

Oh geebus, that was LAME. D:<
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I barely even do bhs anymore because of the complete lack of cooperation or general desire for self preservation exhibited by special individuals on a more and more common basis.

i.e. standing next to suicidal masses as they die, then sprinting as fast as possible away from heals with your remaining 25 hp without using any pots because BP makes you invincible, you think. Then doing it 3 more times in the same run. Just stand still for like 3 sec for the aoe heal after you go boom...I swear I'm not trying to kill you with my heals b:surrender

Or continually rushing ahead of the rest of the squad alone when we are killing mobs so you can round up 12 of them and then die because you can't remotely handle it. Sorry if actual teamwork, and the fact that currently bilocation isn't a skill any class has, is getting in the way of your ego stroking. Maybe if you took the 7 seconds to finish the mobs the rest of us are killing or at the very least just stood there without Leeroying all the sac mobs a full mile ahead of the class your squad mates wouldn't be pming each other about the merits of kicking you.

Its one of the 2 reasons I haven't been to EU yet, the other being that none of my friends do it. They did it one time and that was enough apparently to sate their curiosity.

I'll be buying Gaia's blessing I guess, although its not that great a heal compared to sage mist.

Sadly most of the time in warsong, squads of overgeared people end up doing some bonehead things on metal and fire as it is. I actually want to try the advanced bosses in there. Especially as I've never even seen any of them other than the bh ones.

Now if one of the changes involves removing the fee for Lunar, I'd actually go there for the first time in squad mode...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I barely even do bhs anymore because of the complete lack of cooperation or general desire for self preservation exhibited by special individuals on a more and more common basis.

i.e. standing next to suicidal masses as they die, then sprinting as fast as possible away from heals with your remaining 25 hp without using any pots because BP makes you invincible, you think. Then doing it 3 more times in the same run. Just stand still for like 3 sec for the aoe heal after you go boom...I swear I'm not trying to kill you with my heals b:surrender

Or continually rushing ahead of the rest of the squad alone when we are killing mobs so you can round up 12 of them and then die because you can't remotely handle it. Sorry if actual teamwork, and the fact that currently bilocation isn't a skill any class has, is getting in the way of your ego stroking. Maybe if you took the 7 seconds to finish the mobs the rest of us are killing or at the very least just stood there without Leeroying all the sac mobs a full mile ahead of the class your squad mates wouldn't be pming each other about the merits of kicking you.

+1 I am better off multiclienting rather than ending up having to take the trouble soloing the BHs in the end. I just wish most people would be less arrogant than they are now. Especially with this APS / BP craze that goes around. It is really embarrassing to watch them die and wipe while I hold the bosses. I'd hate to try BH69 with randoms because that requires a team for sure on nob / pole. I can solo pyro easily but the others, I have to be super fast on both accounts =_= which I am not.

Also, I'd rather run Lunar it could be worth the fee y'know or to just buy the mats to craft cascade glow gear which you can trade from, which is good for PVE servers. b:chuckle
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Anything anywhere about recasting morai gears? Too lazy to sift through the chinese site.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • X_Grimfall_X - Heavens Tear
    X_Grimfall_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    +1 I am better off multiclienting rather than ending up having to take the trouble soloing the BHs in the end. I just wish most people would be less arrogant than they are now. Especially with this APS / BP craze that goes around. It is really embarrassing to watch them die and wipe while I hold the bosses. I'd hate to try BH69 with randoms because that requires a team for sure on nob / pole. I can solo pyro easily but the others, I have to be super fast on both accounts =_= which I am not.

that's around the time when pwrlvl ends so then that lot go to do bh69 and get down everyone's throat because they're apparently better at the class you've been playing for 3 years. they'll usually get 1 or 2 shot by pole aoe then yell at the cleric for not using BB (cause that's a great idea against debuff boss) it ends up in a terribly stressfull situation where i just end up bringing in one of my mains to replace said turkey, we finish quickly and easily then part ways and try to forget the whole debaucle ever occured. b:surrender
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I wonder how they will promote this new type of r9 gears, since you need r9 recast, which very few ppl have.

They will sell what you need for R9 recast in the cash shop, ofcourse, what else do you expect?

As far as i can see, this new expension will widen even more the gap between cashshoppers and non cashshoppers.

It,s likely PW last attempt to milk out more money out of players before some greatly expecteds new games comes out.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Funny how the official news article ''doesn't want to give away too much since it would spoil the surprise'' but that OP's linked article has all we need to know b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    At first glance this looks like a breath of fresh air for endgame farmers. I hope that's the case but then again this is pwi...
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Its one of the 2 reasons I haven't been to EU yet, the other being that none of my friends do it. They did it one time and that was enough apparently to sate their curiosity.

I'll be buying Gaia's blessing I guess, although its not that great a heal compared to sage mist.

Sadly most of the time in warsong, squads of overgeared people end up doing some bonehead things on metal and fire as it is. I actually want to try the advanced bosses in there. Especially as I've never even seen any of them other than the bh ones.

Now if one of the changes involves removing the fee for Lunar, I'd actually go there for the first time in squad mode...

Do what I do, do enough of EU to know it inside out, then start forming squads. After each run, ask for the good ones into your fl and if you feel like confusing em with others, create a group for em. A week and you should have enough ppl that know what they are doing and you can have all the smooth runs you want.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • EtherbIade - Harshlands
    EtherbIade - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Boss more hard in warsong? Lol the sins already have hard time on boss and 3/4 die without get the boss cause other people kill without wait. Thta wil be fun more dead fish. :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I am just happy that they are actually trying to fix things and still adding new content desipite the constant barrage of negative feedback they get from players and ex-players.

It really is sad to see how many people are too "Good" to run with people who do not know how to do EU.

"Oh I ran EU once when it first came out and no one knew what they were doing so I'm never going to do it again because it's going to always be like that, derp" =/
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    People will do EU runs until they get the skills they want, then they will not go in there anymore.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    CBA to read through the whole thread, sorry.

Are they seriously announcing the SP PK fix as a part of the new update?

How ****ing sad can this company get? A mistake that they made, that could have been fixed in 5 minutes, and 3 months later they have the audacity to brag about the fix finally happening?

Pathetic. Simply pathetic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2012
    CBA to read through the whole thread, sorry.

Are they seriously announcing the SP PK fix as a part of the new update?

How ****ing sad can this company get? A mistake that they made, that could have been fixed in 5 minutes, and 3 months later they have the audacity to brag about the fix finally happening?

Pathetic. Simply pathetic.

Agreed. They even said they fixed the code on the server right after the update that broke it and all we needed was a patch on the client side to fix it.
    (Which was a complete and total like BTW, after fixing the map data on the server all they had to do was restart the map. You don't even have to bring the servers down for maintenance to do that.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Agreed. They even said they fixed the code on the server right after the update that broke it and all we needed was a patch on the client side to fix it.
    (Which was a complete and total like BTW, after fixing the map data on the server all they had to do was restart the map. You don't even have to bring the servers down for maintenance to do that.)

You quoted me before I fixed my typo b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3