Seeker Gear For Lv. 60 Or Less And Tips

Commotis - Dreamweaver
Commotis - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Seeker
Good existence. Weird greeting huh?

I'm approaching level 60, and for reasons of my own that will ultimately prove redundant and unnecessary, much like using both of those words to describe the same thing, I intend to stay at 60 for quite a while and feed experience to my genie while I grind for spirit in order to upgrade skills as much as possible. During my stay, I would like to be comfortable. I will be using the Petrified Femur (TT60 Blade) and the Rank 4 Top and Ring, unless of course there are superior alternatives. The rest of my equipment is completely open to suggestion. I have access to Lv 5 Blacksmithing, Tailoring, and Crafting. Until this point I have mostly been using quest rewards and items straight out of NPC shops, but if I'm going to be LV 60, I'd like to make it look good, good being relative of course.

In addition, I've been more or less a solo player to this point with the occasional request to a higher leveled person to take down a stray boss or 6. As a result of this playstyle, it could be said that I don't play well with others. I would like to absolve this flaw so that in the future, if I'm depended on, I won't be flooded with blue hate messages informing me of just how much I fail and in what manner of ways I elevate failing to an artform. If you could, please link to some videos or guides that I could take advantage of given my low to mid level. From glancing around the forums, it seems most guides aim for a higher level of player. Knight's Seeker Guide was very useful to me, I even picked up some advice from the posters. I'd like to dabble in the more advanced aspects of the class though.

If there is any information I could provide to help you help me, please do not hesitate to bring it to my attention. Thanks so much for your time and for reading all this, and even more-so if you can help.

Sincerely yours, The-Guy-With-The-Latin-Name. Peaceness.

EDIT: In spite of what the avatar may say, I'm level 57, having followed the standard Seeker build described in Pwpedia and Knight's guide to a T. I had thought of capping Vit at 50 but decided that I'd rather embrace the tanking capabilities of the class at some point. If needed I'll post exact stats when I wake up. Thanks again.

EDIT2: I've been thinking and reading up a bit, and am considering capping VIT and also taking my seeker to level 70 before I catch up on skills, since then I can use TT70 Armor and not just a weapon. Unfortunately, Rank 4 only has a top I can use, and there may be some legendary armor I can get by 70. If anyone has been down this road before and put serious thought into armor in this level range, your opinions are most welcome.
Without compromise there can never be understanding. Because there is ego, people will always think they're right. You cannot expect people to accept the possibility that they're wrong unless you can do the same. If your way is right, they will come to understand it. If their way is right, you will come to understand it. To close your mind is to limit your potential as a human being. Being wrong is one of the greatest things a human can be. The one who is wrong is the one who grows.
Post edited by Commotis - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Kalish - Lost City
    Kalish - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Hmm, level 70 still doesn't leave you with a lot of choice - it's pretty much just TT70 green. I would do something like this -> http://pwcalc.com/ee9642bafa65fa94

If you really want to stagnate and group up with other people for a while I would suggest going to 80 as you get a heap more choice on gear (blade or dual blades for TT weapons, mold or TT80/TT80 gold for armor etc). You also then get access to groups running frost, which is about the only place you will consistently find people grouping now outside of the very rare BH run once a day.
  • laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Seekers aren't very gear dependent your gear is already good enough. Get a nice hat and shard and refine it and then use it on any LA alt you make since they use 60s lvl hats a lot.

I made a zeal genie for my main on my seeker. Getting the genie up to 65 just doing BH wasn't hard at all this won't take long. No one should ever spend a lot of money on something that won't last long in the game and you won't be in the 60s for long.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Commotis - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Hey, thanks so much for your answers! That link gives me something to aim for as well. With that said, I think I'll continue til 70 and do more soulsearching then. I know eventually I'll have more Spirit than I could ever use, but my OCD is pounding my brain into jelly, what with all the skills I have yet to get. I'd like to stop sometime before 80 because at that point the level cap on my non-combat skills increases and I'll have to sink more spirit into them, hehe. BUT, we shall see. Once I get closer to 70 I'll probably look further ahead and see something shiny I must have.

If there's anything else anyone feels needs to be said, I will be checking back, so please drop me a line. Enjoy the game!
    Without compromise there can never be understanding. Because there is ego, people will always think they're right. You cannot expect people to accept the possibility that they're wrong unless you can do the same. If your way is right, they will come to understand it. If their way is right, you will come to understand it. To close your mind is to limit your potential as a human being. Being wrong is one of the greatest things a human can be. The one who is wrong is the one who grows.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    One thing I can recommend, is that you look out for some gear with +MP if you are using an MP charm to make sure your Vortex skill (lvl 59) won't stop after a few seconds. It drains a ton of MP per second but really is one of the best skills in the seeker's arsenal. It will also be one of the reasons you'll be loved in parties later on, where really you won't be able to do any wrong as long as you fire up the vortex in time and manage to keep it running.

I'll look for the thread which lists the minimum amount of MP you need.

edit: Here it is

Also there are definitely lvl 60 rank pants as well... Make sure to check out the NPC at Dreamweaver Port (665, 362)

If you're the type of person that takes their time to level up, I'd definitely recommend TT 80 Gold gear at lvl 80. That is if you can afford it / will somehow be able to find parties to run TT with. It comes with a ton of +HP and +vit adds and rivals most of the lvl 90 gear.
  • Commotis - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Level 59 now and over 50% to 60. :D

And THANK YOU! There are leggings and even a belt for Rank 4, I thought there was only a top because that's all Pwpedia lists aside from the level 90 belt. I would complain about it being incomplete, but then I'm not ready to bear the cross that is contributing.

That link is the greatest thing since chocolate. Pretty close anyway. So, time to consider Mana Hats.

This thread has been infinitely helpful to me, thank you all so much! When I rule the world you can each have an island. As sarcastic as that sounds, I really am grateful! Of course I will still be checking so no good advice will go to waste.

It'd be pretty cool if each class sub-forum had a sticky with links to all the useful player made guides not already stickied. Ah well. Better yet, since there are likely guides for each one stickied, those authors could collaborate with authors of less adhesive threads and list links in their topics. Probably an idea past its prime though as I'm sure many of the original writers are inactive. Wishful thinking. :P
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    EDIT: In spite of what the avatar may say, I'm level 57, having followed the standard Seeker build described in Pwpedia and Knight's guide to a T. I had thought of capping Vit at 50 but decided that I'd rather embrace the tanking capabilities of the class at some point. If needed I'll post exact stats when I wake up. Thanks again.

EDIT2: I've been thinking and reading up a bit, and am considering capping VIT and also taking my seeker to level 70 before I catch up on skills, since then I can use TT70 Armor and not just a weapon. Unfortunately, Rank 4 only has a top I can use, and there may be some legendary armor I can get by 70. If anyone has been down this road before and put serious thought into armor in this level range, your opinions are most welcome.
    just curious, which way is your VIT going? cause us seekers dont really have the best of dmg to start out with and little to non aggro skills like the barb. :o if your in anyway thinking of remotely tanking, then buffing up your VIT will kill your dmg, which in turn will decrease your aggro rate to near none.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Commotis - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    At the moment I think it's 61, I'll likely make it 50, or I may even go back down to 5, it depends on how much that would inhibit my ability to solo at this point. I may be passed the point where HP is most crucial. Dunno, I'll have to think on it some more. :P

From what I hear, Strength doesn't influence damage anywhere near as much as skill level, but since I'll be capping Dex at 160 eventually and Vit and Mag are spoken for, there's not much else to put points in, hehe. I may start to focus more on Dex and just maintain the Str needed to use weapons as they become available until I hit 160. Decisions, decisions.. but at the end of the day all paths meet the same end so it's nothing to stress about I suppose.

Thank you for your post. :)
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    uh strength is the stat that boosts your damage; dex could only give you a few crits but dps-wise it's way worse.

also, be careful with leveling vortex; you might not be able to keep it up with just a charm.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You vortex damage will be plenty to tank groups of mobs without losing aggro to other people's AoEs even if you add a bit of vit. You won't be tanking bosses, but you won't really be tanking those with strength either. Later for PvP you'll want all the damage you can get, but for general PvE situations vit works out very well, especially if your gear isn't real great at the lower levels.

Having more vit will help when you have to pull a large amount of mobs and generally all mobs in FC for example die in a few seconds anyway so str won't be helping you much during leveling in there. I would recommend str over dex though, and I'm not saying to put every available point in vit, but some doesn't hurt at all.
  • Commotis - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Good, good, that sets my mind at ease, I'll keep my VIT for now. Not to worry I won't neglect my STR, I promise! It was getting more points since I stopped adding VIT so I was simply going to devote those extra to DEX to reach 160 for the 155 req for every Seeker weapon as well as get that last crit %.

Also, I was wrong to say Pwpedia was incomplete, I had mistakenly assumed from an earlier perusal that since there would be no new rank gear I could use until 60, that all rank gear at 60 was Rank 4, since they put lv 60 gear in that rank at the top of the page I was viewing. The rank 2 belt and rank 3 greaves also need 60 though, so the reason I thought they didn't exist was because I was looking in rank 4's spot for them. My bad! b:chuckle
    edited May 2012
    btw make sure you think of your stats once you settle on a long term gear. :o For some it may be lv100, others maybe ever 20 lvs. But depending on your gear and the bonuses that it gives you, you may want to lean toward particular stats
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Commotis - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for the advice, I'll do just that. Pwdatabase is so much more helpful when you let it through Script Blocker. True story. Btw, the gamemaster items they list are just silly. As if they would somehow lose the ability to kick *** in their own game without having a cape or something.

Offtopic, it's annoying, having no Guardian Charm and not wanting to buy Zen. I look through the ways to "earn" it and it's usually either less than 100, purchase required, or sometimes "OMG 5K ZEN! NO PURCHASE REQUIRED?? ... Damn I already have that card." Plus I'm paranoid about that kind of stuff anyway. I got lucky with a 1500 free zen offer once by signing up with Netflix and cancelling right away though. Don't see chances like that often. :P Even so nothing is ever what it seems online... *looks over shoulder*

So thanks once again to everyone who was kind enough to donate their time. When I first posted I didn't know what I'd get, having looked at one topic where they were discussing Seekers VS others in PVP and seeing people take it personally and explode worried me a bit. Thanks for being so helpful.
  • Kalish - Lost City
    Kalish - Lost City Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    There is always a bunch of f&^%wits on MMO forums, it's just the way life is nowadays. You just have to ignore the trolls and sift out the meaningful posts.

That said - if you can leave your PC on overnight (or have access to another PC) you can look into merchanting. You can make some crazy good money doing that if you know what you're doing. I personally don't have the time to spend hardcore merchanting like some of the people on the forums do, but I make a steady 15-20mil a week from what little time I do put in. That's more than enough for my tastes, lets me buy skills, shards and refines.

If you are interested, take a look at this link Merchant guide. It is full of useful information and whilst a lot of it is now outdated (mostly the starting up parts) it will get you going.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I think what you are doing is a mistake.

I will assume you want to have good skills and gear, so that you dont level too fast and be a fail seeker? If this assumption is wrong stop reading.

I will also assume you arent pouring much real money into the game because then you wouldnt need to do this in the first place.

In relation to the first point, I understand what you are doing. I did this too but not at level 60. There is no need to do this at such an early level, I believe a better level to do this is at level 79, which is what I did.

At level 79 your bh59 is still easy (as opposed to 69 which sucks) and there is a chance of better drops like dq, rep stamps, gears and molds, which are better than what you will get running the bh at level 60. You get more spirit for your skills. You get to level your skills higher etc etc. I cant think of any advantage to do all this at level 60 instead of 79. Also by 79 with better gears you'll start getting offered free fc rooms which you can do when you're ready.

Personally Im now levelling a new alt seeker which is currently 44 (3days old - slow leveller hahah). Ill be pwr levelling to 95 to get the free morai gears but otherwise I will just level the squad skills only and not try to level everything. I dont see any reason to stop levelling because at a high level if Im desperate for money I will run tt or vortex zhen grind in heaven/hell etc.
    edited May 2012
    I think what you are doing is a mistake.

I will assume you want to have good skills and gear, so that you dont level too fast and be a fail seeker? If this assumption is wrong stop reading.

I will also assume you arent pouring much real money into the game because then you wouldnt need to do this in the first place.

In relation to the first point, I understand what you are doing. I did this too but not at level 60. There is no need to do this at such an early level, I believe a better level to do this is at level 79, which is what I did.

At level 79 your bh59 is still easy (as opposed to 69 which sucks) and there is a chance of better drops like dq, rep stamps, gears and molds, which are better than what you will get running the bh at level 60. You get more spirit for your skills. You get to level your skills higher etc etc. I cant think of any advantage to do all this at level 60 instead of 79. Also by 79 with better gears you'll start getting offered free fc rooms which you can do when you're ready.

Personally Im now levelling a new alt seeker which is currently 44 (3days old - slow leveller hahah). Ill be pwr levelling to 95 to get the free morai gears but otherwise I will just level the squad skills only and not try to level everything. I dont see any reason to stop levelling because at a high level if Im desperate for money I will run tt or vortex zhen grind in heaven/hell etc.
    In this day and age we need more players to actualy PLAY the game and enjoy it at each level rather than just speeding up with **** gear and getting it at the end. I facepalm every time i see some 'tard die over and over cause they cheaped out WAY too much. Maybe on harshlands there might not be an 'advantage' but on some other older servers, the advantage is that when pple check the gear out, they know this guys 'playing' the game and knowing wtf is needed.

i admire the the OP for his effort NOT to join the stupid bandwagon of 'speed first, gear later'
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    In this day and age we need more players to actualy PLAY the game and enjoy it at each level rather than just speeding up with **** gear and getting it at the end. I facepalm every time i see some 'tard die over and over cause they cheaped out WAY too much. Maybe on harshlands there might not be an 'advantage' but on some other older servers, the advantage is that when pple check the gear out, they know this guys 'playing' the game and knowing wtf is needed.

i admire the the OP for his effort NOT to join the stupid bandwagon of 'speed first, gear later'

I probably should have added, in my appraisal of bh59 that it is also a good place to learn individual and squad skills so you learn how to play. There are a good variety of mobs and the bosses can kill you if you're not careful.

On HL this whole technique would be very difficult to follow because bh's have become very rare (except 100)
  • Commotis - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    *is admired*
    *blushes*

Firstly, thanks once gain Kalish, for your link, since I do have an alt from a couple years back when I tried this game, this is a good way to put it to use!

Merc, thank you as well, you give a well rounded opinion and while it's more because my OCD is SERIOUSLY hurting me whenever I go to upgrade my skills (the pain is just shy of palpable), I do see your point quite lucidly. Not to worry on the whole money issue though, aside from the odd Guardian Charm I don't see myself spending much in the future. It would be nice to have more people around my level though, it'd be a lot more fun if I could actually take part in a squad effort as opposed to having one person nuke everything for me. It's because of this though, that there are less players my level. Well it's a lot of things, significant lack of newer players not being the least contributor. Decent gear for my level is difficult to come by because either, A) people blaze through this point and don't run the instances as much or get molds, or B) they're sitting comfortably at the top of the food chain. By moving into a more populated level bracket I would be making it easier on myself, but adding to the issue itself. Of course one person won't make a difference. I may take it up a few levels, 79 would be okay, since I wouldn't feel obligated to craft more :p but then there'll be the level 80 stuff staring me in the face..

Tomorrow I'll commence actual job hunting so I don't have to go back to my old one at the end of my mini-vacation. Eww. Eww to job hunting and eww to going back. So what I'm really trying to say is..

DISTRACTION! *throws candy*

Also I won't have as much time, but I will still be playing, likely 1-2 hours a day, but maybe not every day. This game is great to unwind with. Hmm my sig pic isn't showing up.. *goes to tinker*

EDIT: Bleh. The pic shrinks. And here I thought I'd found a devious way to get around the 8 line limit.