My First Step

Options
RayenQa - Archosaur
RayenQa - Archosaur Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
Hey guys ..

Today is actually my first day into this magical world , I got recomendations from many friends to begin my journey in PWI so I decided to give it a try. The game is very great so far , I begin to understand the basic '' game play '' and will be aiming for a better gaming experience in the future when I have understod it well.

I am very glad that I got the chance to be a part of the PW-Family and it is also very great too meet all of u :)

PS. I got some questions , newbie ones actually.

1. What should be my first step in the game ?
2. Any suggestions about good lvling ways ?
3. I will be glad if u could put link to '' forums topics '' that u find worthy for newbies like me.

Thx :)
Richard
Post edited by RayenQa - Archosaur on

Comments

• X__Gaia__x - Sanctuary
    X__Gaia__x - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Hey guys ..

Today is actually my first day into this magical world , I got recomendations from many friends to begin my journey in PWI so I decided to give it a try. The game is very great so far , I begin to understand the basic '' game play '' and will be aiming for a better gaming experience in the future when I have understod it well.

I am very glad that I got the chance to be a part of the PW-Family and it is also very great too meet all of u :)

PS. I got some questions , newbie ones actually.

3. I will be glad if u could put link to '' forums topics '' that u find worthy for newbies like me.

Thx :)
    Richard

First of all, welcome to Pwi! I am playing this for a while now and I still enjoy it. ;)
    May I ask you what class you chose to start with? Or haven't you made any character yet? I will be very pleased to inform you about the class you made or I can refer you to the class-specific guides, those have alot of information about the classes! I have played most classes before, so I will always be glad to help you out with builds and skills to level and stuff. (:
    About your questions, your first step in the game will be to discover your class. The best way to do this, I think, is questing. This also leads me to your second question. In the early levels (level 1 - 40 or something like that) you will be most likely questing. Press Q to open up the quest list and select the Available Quests to see which quests you can do. I recommend only doing the ones under the "Normal" tab. Then you can go to the tab that tells you which quests you've got at the moment and at the right it will explain you what you need to do for the quest. If you need to talk to someone or kill anything and the name of it is given in green, you can click on it to auto-route there, that'll help you find what you need. (:
    Starting at level 40, you can do daily BHs (Bounty Hunters) that give you alot of experience and spirit. When you are lvl 40-49 you need to do BH29 for example and it means you have to enter a cave with a team/party/squad, whatever you want to call it ;p, and you need to kill a boss. You can do this 3 times a day.
    There are faster ways to level, it is called powerleveling, or plvling for short. High level people can take you with them in high level caves (FCC called) and if you got Hyper Exp Stones (which will give you alot of experience when activated) you will level very fast, but I will be honest with you, I hate that. It's absolutely no offence to you, but as a newbie, I would never recommend that, because by leveling so fast, you will have no time and no chance to learn how to play your class, so you end up as a level 100 Cleric who doesn't know how to heal and revive and stuff.
    And as I said, if you tell me your class, I can link some nice guides for you. :)
    Oh, I just noticed you are on Archosaur server. Well, you could still switch to Sanctuary server, since you just started. I will be very glad to add you as a friend and help you get started!
    If you have any more questions, just ask them!
  • RayenQa - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Well , I guess I have to focus on finishing quests then nd will try to learn more about the game during the time.

Btw , I am a seeker. nd I just have a question about '' seekers ''.
    Do they usually wear one or two sowrds , because I saw many '' seekers '' wearing two , nd at the same time , pro high lvls with only one. So I got confused.
  • RayenQa - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Options
    PS. I actually wonder '' how free '' is this game ?
    Well , I know that it is F2P but I am talking about its stuff. If I really worked hard nd became experienced. Will I really be able to combine with those who charge real money to be stronger ?!
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    1)whatever you want it to be.
    2)do all your available quests, at least at lower levels. at lvl 40 you get access to a daily squad-based quest called "Bounty Hunter" (or just "BH") that gives good exp, and is worth doing, as well as a daily called "Crazy stone" available around 30-40 (can't remember exactly) that gives XP for low cost to you in coin.
    there are other ways to gain exp (mob kills, etc) but they are either expensive OR time consuming.
    Well , I guess I have to focus on finishing quests then nd will try to learn more about the game during the time.

Btw , I am a seeker. nd I just have a question about '' seekers ''.
    Do they usually wear one or two sowrds , because I saw many '' seekers '' wearing two , nd at the same time , pro high lvls with only one. So I got confused.
    both are options. do what is available/works best for you at the time. seeker rank gear is a single blade, as are several other endgame options, but it'll be a while before you need to worry about that.
    PS. I actually wonder '' how free '' is this game ?
    Well , I know that it is F2P but I am talking about its stuff. If I really worked hard nd became experienced. Will I really be able to combine with those who charge real money to be stronger ?!
    depends on you. i know people with epic, epic gear that they got entirely F2P, and I myself have still not spent money on this game (can't call my gear near epic tho xD). besides, you don't need to be the top dog to have fun.....
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Do your quests. There's an amazing amount of tutorial buried in them, including learning how to cope with each different way a monster can react to you.

Find good people to play with. This is the hardest part.

Levelling really shouldn't be important - it happens fast, and you'll miss the lower levels when they're gone.
    If you really must, then the free XP starts around level 20, with the various daily quests in Archosaur.

I'm afraid I don't know the seekers class well, and can't recommend a good guide.

How free? Potentially just about everything is potentially available to the free-to-play player. In practice; you'll probably end up dropping in a bit of money for some of the really useful items (inventory expansion, especially) and can end up blowing thousands (but don't do that, that would be dumb.)
  • RayenQa - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Thx for the tips guys. That was really helpful and I really respect all of ur opinions nd thank u all for ur attention :)

I guess I will focus on questing then trying to know the game in a better way. I have already learned '' somethings '' but still there is a long way to go.

Well , so far I am '' soloing '' but will try to find some friends to play with since it is kinda funnier to do that.
  • SynfulDream - Dreamweaver
    SynfulDream - Dreamweaver Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    When I first started, I was extremely intimidated-esp when my first venture off safe soil brought me face to face with monster many levels above me sooooo-
    Here's what I recommend-
    Read the beginner's forum-latch onto things that are pertinant to your toons stats/build, best type of weapon/armor/genie (this can also be found under the forum topic of classes), how to make money (I would advise that you learn how gold trading works once you have the other stuff under control-you can make spendable gold by just selling/making things...) Finally-I have found these to be my can't live without links:
    1. Perfect World Item Database-best bet-just hit search box and type one or two words-
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/itype/8077

2. Ence's Awesome Comprehensive Guide to Quests-located right here in this forum under quest tips-thank you again Ence!

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=136781&highlight=level+guide

3. and along with that is another great leveling guide which also gives you information regarding other aspects of the game
    http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/quest-0109h.php

Follow the in-game tips-don't forget your little encyclopedia in upper right (unless you are looking for a specific mob-go to the "rookie" guide and scroll to your level-from there you can find gear, new things you can do with your higher level..)

There are so many other great links but I would be writing a book-lol

And Google-there are some outside sites that actually have some great info
    Welcome and have fun :)
  • RayenQa - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Thanks '' SynfulDream '' for ur tips.

Now I just got some questions after experiencing the game for about 2-3 days.
    Sorry if they are '' too newbie ''.

1. I am really confused when it comes to choosing a class. I have tried the different classes a bit nd liked two of them '' Seeker '' nd '' Psychic ''. My question is , what class is better nd more usefel in '' UR '' opinion ?.

2. Stuff like '' fyling mounts '' nd '' fashion '' , r they worth so I charge gold to buy them , or is there any other '' free '' ways to get them. PS. I am kinda a '' light gold user '' so the amount of gold I can charge for real money is limited.

3. I know that 100 ZEN is 1 gold. How much is 100 ZEN in real money ?

4. As a newbie , I dont know much about the skills. Do I simply buy all the new I get , or just some ?
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    1. Seeker's more sought after for squads for certain instances.

2. You can get time limited flying mounts at 15 and 40 from the supply stash, and a permanent (but slow) flying mount from a quest at level 30. There is also a chance of getting a time limited flying mount from the Lucid quests.

You might get swimwear fashion from the chests in Dragon Temple (underwater weekly PK event for 60+) and the last couple of years there have been bound fashion given out for staying logged in enough hours over the Christmas-New Years holiday season. If you accumulate enough DQ points (by selling DQ items to NPCs) you can get event gold, which can be used to buy a limited selection of bound fashion. Again, there is a chance to get time-limited fashion from the Lucid quests.

Almost anything (including flying mounts and fashion) bought from the normal boutique can be sold to other players for coin.

3. US$1.00 = 100 zen = 1 gold = 100 silver

4. The number of skills you can get is limited by your spirit and coin. From about level 20 to somewhere 80+ (depending on class to some extent) you're going to be short on spirit unless you deliberately delay your leveling (by dying a lot, or feeding your XP to a genie) so you have to prioritize which skills to buy. Check the class forums and/or wiki for guides suggesting priorities for each class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • X__Gaia__x - Sanctuary
    X__Gaia__x - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    1. Seeker's more sought after for squads for certain instances.

2. You can get time limited flying mounts at 15 and 40 from the supply stash, and a permanent (but slow) flying mount from a quest at level 30. There is also a chance of getting a time limited flying mount from the Lucid quests.

You might get swimwear fashion from the chests in Dragon Temple (underwater weekly PK event for 60+) and the last couple of years there have been bound fashion given out for staying logged in enough hours over the Christmas-New Years holiday season. If you accumulate enough DQ points (by selling DQ items to NPCs) you can get event gold, which can be used to buy a limited selection of bound fashion. Again, there is a chance to get time-limited fashion from the Lucid quests.

Almost anything (including flying mounts and fashion) bought from the normal boutique can be sold to other players for coin.

3. US$1.00 = 100 zen = 1 gold = 100 silver

4. The number of skills you can get is limited by your spirit and coin. From about level 20 to somewhere 80+ (depending on class to some extent) you're going to be short on spirit unless you deliberately delay your leveling (by dying a lot, or feeding your XP to a genie) so you have to prioritize which skills to buy. Check the class forums and/or wiki for guides suggesting priorities for each class.

I mostly agree with this, although I think Psychics are awesome classes too, for they are overpowered and Psychic is the class that hits the most at the end of the game, if I am right, but I've never really had a high lvl Seeker, my highest lvl Seeker was 27 and my Psychic was lvl 61, so I can't really compare them. ;p
    Fashion is just a nice extra thing, I don't buy it anymore, because I've spent so much real money on it that I absolutely regret it, because fashion doesn't help you in anyway, it only makes you look good, just like those cute, little pets do. Flyers can help you be faster. As Mayfly said, you can get a limited one from the Supply Stash at lvl 15 and 40, and at lvl 30 you can get a permanent one by completing a quest, and it's speed will be normal +0.50 and fast +2.50. Though, if you find that too slow, you can buy a faster one from the Boutique (with Gold, so real money) or from other players (with coins).
    Also, as Mayfly said, you should really check the class specific forums/guides/wiki to see which skills are recommended and which skills you'll find useful, as for example Tide Form won't be of any use to a Psychic, besides the speed increase in the water, but that's just a waste of coins and spirit.

Edit; I just looked the guides up for you, and I find these very useful, they don't only tell you about skills, but they also give information about the armor, builds possible, squad roles etc!
    Seeker: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1067881
    Psychic: http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=582692
  • RayenQa - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Thanks for all ur advices and attention guys , that really helped me to choose my '' first step ''. From now on , I will be posting my question more on this thread http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1360291 since my whole focus will be on seekers for now. I maybe will create a second char , just for fun or for freal play , however that wont happen soon , since I am gonna focus on learning the '' points '' of this game before begining any new experience with a new race/class.

Thx again :)