DoR or JoSD

_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
_Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear Posts: 562 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Psychic
Would i be better sharding dot's or josd's in my armour?
I was thinking if i sharded dots i could deal decent damage in pvp in white voodo and switch to black for a extremly high damage out put.
For the josd it would be possible to use black voodo and still have a decent defense and then white voodo would turn me into a tank.
I am in favour of the dots for the main reason of the cost involved
Any advice would be apreciated
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
_Mg_Zr - level 100 sage Barb / level 101 demon r9 aps barb on Harshlands
Mg_Zr - level 100 demon Psychic
_mg_zr_ - level 100 demon Blademaster
|\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
Makaveli_ - 8x Harshlands sin
Post edited by _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    If you have full R9 (which I assume you do, if you can afford to shard full DoT/JoSD), then sharding DoT's will only give you 24 attack levels on top of the ~118 the rank 9 set, jones blessing and sage BV would give you.
    The 24 DoT's would be roughly 10% extra damage on opponents with 0 defense levels in this case, and your attack level in White Voodoo would still not be very impressive (it would be around 18).

Full JoSD, on the other hand, would bump your def levels from a measly 17 in Black Voodoo to 65, which would be a received damage decrease of about 35% (against opponents with 0 attack levels).

DoT's are really only handy for those APS classes that can't benefit from R9 set bonuses and have low attack levels because of that, DoT's make a nice difference in that case.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    I dont have r9 atm i am using full r8 but currently farming nirvana so i can 3rd stage it if and when its released.
    Probably gonna go for jades but thats alot more time spent farming -_-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    If you're going jades on R8, I'd consider just getting R9.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Wtf is DoR?
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Wtf is DoR?

A typo b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    If you're going jades on R8, I'd consider just getting R9.

Getting nirvana gear r8 is just what im using for now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Wouldn't a full set of jades cost more than r9 armor? If so, the question here should be whether 24-48 defense lvls are greater than an armor set with nice adds, best set bonus, high(est?) grade, and guaranteed 4 sockets.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kerona - Sanctuary
    Kerona - Sanctuary Posts: 1,771 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Wouldn't a full set of jades cost more than r9 armor? If so, the question here should be whether 24-48 defense lvls are greater than an armor set with nice adds, best set bonus, high(est?) grade, and guaranteed 4 sockets.

This.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    If the info about 3rd nirvana stage are true (probably not but i hope so) then nirvana gear will be on par with r9
    + i can give the nirvana to my wizard cleric veno and mystic so its basically four gear sets for the price of one (excluding the weapon ofc)

And as i said in my intial post the main reason i wont shard jades is because of the price involved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    DoT vs DoD would be a better comparison.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    If the info about 3rd nirvana stage are true (probably not but i hope so) then nirvana gear will be on par with r9
    + i can give the nirvana to my wizard cleric veno and mystic so its basically four gear sets for the price of one (excluding the weapon ofc)

And as i said in my intial post the main reason i wont shard jades is because of the price involved.

So basically, you're banking on a new set of gear that 'might' come out? Do you any idea what the total price of these new mats are gonna be? Are the stats for this gear gonna be randomized like r8 recast? If so, if you get a terrible roll, what then? I wouldn't be surprised if the mats to reroll were super hard to come by like damascene ore.

I've barely peeked in korren's so I don't know much about those gears or if people consider it likely to have it implemented.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited May 2012
    DoT vs DoD would be a better comparison.

If we're down-grading to DoDs I would say DoTs win out since the class's job is to do dmg, but I guess that applies mostly to tw hoes. But again. Wouldn't this bring cit/garnet gems onto the table?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Mg_Zr - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    So basically, you're banking on a new set of gear that 'might' come out? Do you any idea what the total price of these new mats are gonna be? Are the stats for this gear gonna be randomized like r8 recast? If so, if you get a terrible roll, what then? I wouldn't be surprised if the mats to reroll were super hard to come by like damascene ore.

I've barely peeked in korren's so I don't know much about those gears or if people consider it likely to have it implemented.

If the info about the new gear is correct (3rd stage nirvana) has a set bonus 2 pieces give 500 hp (for AA) it gives 15 def lvl and 20 attack lvl. The weapons have random stats but are guaranted 40 attack lvl.
    This is where i got all the info on it http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1334521
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |\/|erlin_ 7x Wizard
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    that 'might' come out?

Well, we can be pretty sure it will come out.

Yes, that unique addon is Attack Levels.

P.S. since the costs are such an issue, you might want to consider using higher-end citrines and/or garnets (I'm not too familiar with psychic builds so I don't know if garnets are any good). They'll probably give you more bang for your buck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zliss - Lost City
    Zliss - Lost City Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited June 2012
    BEST is JOSD, very expensive.

Budget DOT anyway the Extra damage from DOT is not that much to be effective, as this means that u got no Citrine/Hp shards hence perhaps low hp, u may need a higher refinement level to backup the loss hp if u choose DoT.