Problem starting up client

XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear
XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 85 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Support Desk
Ok so I have a friend who recently downloaded Perfect World International, got the Direct X9.0c (or whatever it was that's needed lol) and everytime they go to hit Start to bring up the client itself, it closes completely. Is there anyway way to fix that or any reason why it's doing that that can be corrected?

Please and thank you to any feed back on this :)
Post edited by XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• XXLunnaXx - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Also he's got Direct X 10 and your unable to roll back to 9.0c...he downloaded and installed 9.0c tho....but how do you go back to 9.0c instead of 10 for this to..since it's required to run it.

Also did the whole DirectX End Runtime Web Installer.......Says that the newer verison is currently installed...
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2012
    There's a couple of threads on this. Also, the client should (with the latest patches), automatically detect that the runtimes need to be installed and load them up. (At least it has for the systems I am testing on.)

Here's a link posted recently in the forum.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    He already tried the thread post that you posted :) thanks tho....still have yet to figure it out
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2012
    Since that installer contains ALL of the distributions of DirectX, if it's still not working after that, he's got something else going on. I'd be happy to help, but I'll need specifics on errors, hardware, OS, and security software.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2012
    I had him uninstall and reinstall the game and it worked. Thank you very much for your patience and willingness to help. It's appreciated so much