Worst Game Play Ever!

Dr_NetBlaise - Dreamweaver
Dr_NetBlaise - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
I started back playing the game to day. I made a seeker to try it out. Sounded it fun and looked cool. Before I got to lvl 6 all I did was run around back and forward to npc's. It got to the point where after I completed a part of a mission i would auto travel to the npc and tab out of the game and browse the web. At first i didn't use auto travel. I hated it so much. Why do the devs think making a player wait around at there computer till they can get to where they need to go to kill mobs, complete missions and lvl up? After coming back to this game after a few years and playing other mmo's mainly new ones and really popular ones i started to see how crappy this game is. I woke up this morning and started playing the game and right when i hit lvl 5 i started to get sleepy. I could not stand the game more. Its fun to have a player walk back and forward for pretty much no reason at all?

For games like this the 1-20 lvl range's need to be smooth and inviting for new players. You no how when you have familiy coming over to your home you always make sure the porch and the fornt entry way is all ways clean since its going to be the first thing they see? WHy isn't this game like that.

You no maybe I have grown as a mmo gamer. I just can't take bs anymore. I'm going to try and make it to lvl 10 or 15 something and see how it is...
Post edited by Dr_NetBlaise - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Astraea - Raging Tide
    Astraea - Raging Tide Posts: 544 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    lol.....

hahahaha
    "Common sense isn't so common anymore." ~ Yusiong - Lost City
    b:surrender
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I still wonder why you come back to the game a few times in a row. If your first experience is bad, why not ask for others' advice? Why not see why it does not please you?

Yes, you did state that autopathing is kinda idiotic to you. On the contrary, it saves you much time finding the NPC back.
    Trust me, it was not there in the first place and it was a chore entering coordinates to claim quests.

Anyway, it seems you are contradicting yourself a little bit too much there. b:surrender
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Yea, I always thought it would be nice for PWI to have an assistance program of some sort. Kind of like BoI had where players who been there, done that would help the newbies out (and get a little bonus in the meanwhile). That would have possibly helped in this case a little. Especially if you're a girl and some brave internet hero will come fly you around for free.
  • Lenestro - Sanctuary
    Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I started back playing the game to day. I made a seeker to try it out. Sounded it fun and looked cool. Before I got to lvl 6 all I did was run around back and forward to npc's. It got to the point where after I completed a part of a mission i would auto travel to the npc and tab out of the game and browse the web. At first i didn't use auto travel. I hated it so much. Why do the devs think making a player wait around at there computer till they can get to where they need to go to kill mobs, complete missions and lvl up? After coming back to this game after a few years and playing other mmo's mainly new ones and really popular ones i started to see how crappy this game is. I woke up this morning and started playing the game and right when i hit lvl 5 i started to get sleepy. I could not stand the game more. Its fun to have a player walk back and forward for pretty much no reason at all?

For games like this the 1-20 lvl range's need to be smooth and inviting for new players. You no how when you have familiy coming over to your home you always make sure the porch and the fornt entry way is all ways clean since its going to be the first thing they see? WHy isn't this game like that.

You no maybe I have grown as a mmo gamer. I just can't take bs anymore. I'm going to try and make it to lvl 10 or 15 something and see how it is...

actually this is how every mmo ive ever played starts. I was a newbie to mmos when i downloaded this game and had no business doing anything moderately difficult for a good deal of time.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    actually this is how every mmo ive ever played starts. I was a newbie to mmos when i downloaded this game and had no business doing anything moderately difficult for a good deal of time.

And this should be a constant trick to attract and maintain a good base of gamers. I see no other way for this.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2012

You actually did quests? LOL. That's not how it's supposed to work. Just get someone to FC you.
  • Deant - Raging Tide
    Deant - Raging Tide Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The problem is the specific class, since the EarthGuard is an add-on its starting gameplay is realy stupid. Try the human classes the starting quests are entertaining and they realy make sence. Even the other add-on - the tideobrns have nice starting quests. But the EGs are realy fail.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    You actually did quests? LOL. That's not how it's supposed to work. Just get someone to FC you.

You're evil. Really evil, you. Much more than I can ever be. b:sin
  • Radamanthys - Heavens Tear
    Radamanthys - Heavens Tear Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2012

uhh nobody cares, go away already
  • Cody_tylor - Sanctuary
    Cody_tylor - Sanctuary Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Considering people skip quests, especially divine quests where you get FREE legendary weapons by blue / purple divine quests. I do not see what is the problem here because some quest reward gear are pretty much helpful for their levels. This game hands out too much already >.>.
    WTB PWI 2008 where people were thinking more about doing good rather than pretending to be.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Considering people skip quests, especially divine quests where you get FREE legendary weapons by blue / purple divine quests. I do not see what is the problem here because some quest reward gear are pretty much helpful for their levels. This game hands out too much already >.>.

Did I need to add-

"/sarcasm"

LOL
  • shotwhointhewhat
    shotwhointhewhat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The problem is the specific class, since the EarthGuard is an add-on its starting gameplay is realy stupid. Try the human classes the starting quests are entertaining and they realy make sence. Even the other add-on - the tideobrns have nice starting quests. But the EGs are realy fail.

Idk... all the quests kind of suck to me. I admit I did have fun with some, but the vast majority seem kind of pointless and very repetitive. I did all the quests until around level 70 and just was like, "Meh. What is the point of all this?"
  • IICupCakeII - Archosaur
    IICupCakeII - Archosaur Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    b:laugh another post to read and reply just to say ....LOL!
  • DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver
    DEMHEALSMAN - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    What is this weird word called "quest", is powerleveling a quest?

But no in all honesty, Name me 1 MMO that doesn't start out with tedious go to npc X then back to npc Y then go to npc Z and then back to X to just go back to Y by going to Z first again.

Because I can't.

However I do have to say the quests at like... level 70+ should give a better XP reward, because grinding 50/70/100 mobs is not only rediculously boring and repetitive, it makes it completly not worth spending time for when the reward is utter **** for it. The morai quests at lvl 95 give some nice XP, but there's only so few of them so basicly when you're done with that it's back to FC.

But then again, everyone FC's from lvl 25+ anyways nowadays.
    Soon™
    Well, maybe later, semi-retired.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012

But no in all honesty, Name me 1 MMO that doesn't start out with tedious go to npc X then back to npc Y then go to npc Z and then back to X to just go back to Y by going to Z first again.

Because I can't.

Don't forget mob bullying for any reason (as in kills or their forcefully taken belongings) but also material farming.

Ah, bureaucracy mixed with swords and magic.
  • runescapesucks
    runescapesucks Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Whatchu talking about dawg? This game is the ShizzNits. Best MMORPG evar!
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Cool story bro.

Now go away.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Born_Again_ - Sanctuary
    Born_Again_ - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Why do the devs think making a player wait around at there computer till they can get to where they need to go to kill mobs, complete missions and lvl up?

Its fun to have a player walk back and forward for pretty much no reason at all?

This game has a more mature audience than other MMOs and for that matter it's actually better than the more 'modern' ones you referr to.

What do I love most about PWI? It is a slow paced and slow leveling game.

This keeps me happy and also keeps unwanted players away from the game. Its a win win situation.

I also love the fact that it has the main world in 1 place with no loading, this way it is easy to play with freinds, without searching through several worlds to find them.

b:pleased b:heart
    b:heart C. G. C. b:heart
    - a guild/faction on many servers, where ethics and behaviour actually matters and makes a differense

b:pleased

facebook.com/group.php?gid=22920649068
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=348361
  • Deathblowz - Raging Tide
    Deathblowz - Raging Tide Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    You think this games a bad MMORPG... Try Fiesta and maybe having to wait half your day for loading will refresh your appreciation for a decent MMORPG. b:chuckle

As for the repetitiveness of the game play, I challenge you to find a MMORPG that isn't based on, get quest, grind mobs, hand in quest and repeat... b:mischievous
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I started back playing the game to day. I made a seeker to try it out.

There you go. Seeker probably has some of the worst low level skills out there.
    That class don't get good until it's powered up around level 50-60 at least.

By worst I mean redundant and repetitive, like the Barb, but Seekers are more squishy early on than Barbs.

Other classes are more interesting right off the start.

With Venos and Mystics you have pet management. Wizards and Phys have spell type choices. Sins can paralyze and stealth fairly early the sneaky fishies. BMs you can experiment with different weapon types, swords/axes/hammers/fists to see which one suits your fancy.

Seekers and Barbs tend to be boring as you level them to their second spark (59) because they are straight up head bangers, but they become the best tankers later in the game and everyone wants one in squad when going up against a toughy like Sanakefist or the Frost big room or GV.
  • GoonSquad - Raging Tide
    GoonSquad - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I think the problem is how long it takes to get from point to point. Maybe its the movement speed or something or the distance between quest npc's. I'm not sure.

The auto travel is good. I was never knocking it. I was just saying what I do when I do auto travel..

You no what it might be-It might just be the class. i'm going to try and get a few lvls with the seeker and see what happens. if its still slow i'll make a ranger or mystic or something...
  • Nymphali - Dreamweaver
    Nymphali - Dreamweaver Posts: 449 Arc User
    edited May 2012

You fail: For most classes game only starts at lv 59 with Trancendent cultivation.

Seekers only start to get interesting at lv 49 when you get all 3 aoes, and even like: You need edged blur, yathagan vortex and quid pro quo to feel the power of a seeker.
    Assassins, man, I only felt the true assassin power, when I at lv 94~ got first lv Power Dash, and then at lv 100 when I leveled it to lv 10.

Also: The grand outcome of the game starts at 89 when you choose either being sage or demon and start sagifying/demonizing your max lv skills.
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Did I need to add-

"/sarcasm"

LOL

Don't worry about Aub guys - all she does now is play the new "earth" game and troll forums b:kiss
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Yes, yes, yeees! We need more mass to sell FCs to!

Ps. Kitty is depressed to discover this was sarcasm.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Because I can't.

However I do have to say the quests at like... level 70+ should give a better XP reward, because grinding 50/70/100 mobs is not only rediculously boring and repetitive, it makes it completly not worth spending time for when the reward is utter **** for it. The morai quests at lvl 95 give some nice XP, but there's only so few of them so basicly when you're done with that it's back to FC.

But then again, everyone FC's from lvl 25+ anyways nowadays.

+1.
    i'll even take it one step further and ask for a RPG that doesnt have quests that make you to talk to npcs and go back and forth...
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary
    Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2012

yeah its boring, but all MMO games are like that.
  • ultimawpn
    ultimawpn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Name me 1 MMO that doesn't start out with tedious go to npc X then back to npc Y then go to npc Z and then back to X to just go back to Y by going to Z first again.
    I challenge you to find a MMORPG that isn't based on, get quest, grind mobs, hand in quest and repeat...

This is exactly why G-W 2 will be the end of this game and many others once it's released... 2 words... Dynamic Events b:bye
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    ultimawpn wrote: »
    This is exactly why G-W 2 will be the end of this game and many others once it's released... 2 words... Dynamic Events b:bye

Dynamic event=public quest. The only difference is you don't have to talk to any NPC to receive the quest.
  • Zarkoff - Raging Tide
    Zarkoff - Raging Tide Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    i Started Back Playing The Game To Day. I Made A Seeker To Try It Out. Sounded It Fun And Looked Cool. Before I Got To Lvl 6 All I Did Was Run Around Back And Forward To Npc's. It Got To The Point Where After I Completed A Part Of A Mission I Would Auto Travel To The Npc And Tab Out Of The Game And Browse The Web. At First I Didn't Use Auto Travel. I Hated It So Much. Why Do The Devs Think Making A Player Wait Around At There Computer Till They Can Get To Where They Need To Go To Kill Mobs, Complete Missions And Lvl Up? After Coming Back To This Game After A Few Years And Playing Other Mmo's Mainly New Ones And Really Popular Ones I Started To See How Crappy This Game Is. I Woke Up This Morning And Started Playing The Game And Right When I Hit Lvl 5 I Started To Get Sleepy. I Could Not Stand The Game More. Its Fun To Have A Player Walk Back And Forward For Pretty Much No Reason At All?

For Games Like This The 1-20 Lvl Range's Need To Be Smooth And Inviting For New Players. You No How When You Have Familiy Coming Over To Your Home You Always Make Sure The Porch And The Fornt Entry Way Is All Ways Clean Since Its Going To Be The First Thing They See? Why Isn't This Game Like That.

You No Maybe I Have Grown As A Mmo Gamer. I Just Can't Take Bs Anymore. I'm Going To Try And Make It To Lvl 10 Or 15 Something And See How It Is...

Yawn....
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Welcome to MMO Land where gameplay is simply doing tedious quests and kill random mobs till you hit level cap. This is pretty much standard design for every MMO. There hasnt been any design change in a while.

Its goes back as early as Dragon Quest where the player grinded on monsters to become strong enough to enter the first dungeon and take on the first boss. Then in order to become strong enough to take on the second dungeon, the grinding cycles begins again.

The difference is Dragon Quest can be finished in around 60 hours. This isnt nearly enough time to keep the player attached to an MMO. So the grinding process is greatly expanded to make sure the player cant finish the game in the first month or even the first year.

Some games have added different approaches to solve the need for a time sink. But in every MMO, the time sink is implemented to keep completion outside the reach of the player. Whether its grinding levels, gold, reputation, equipment, wepons, scrolls, and so forth.