When's next x2 drops?

Options
madrock4
madrock4 Posts: 47 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
It's all in the title. Just wondering when should we be expecting the next x2 drops on LC server and the like.
Post edited by madrock4 on

Comments

• Nenor - Dreamweaver
    Nenor - Dreamweaver Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Idk about lost city, but i hope not for dreamweaver until xmas. Theres been to much 2x drops.
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Idk about lost city, but i hope not for dreamweaver until xmas. Theres been to much 2x drops.

Hope we have one soon on Dreamweaver... sorry Nenor not all of us can cash b:surrender
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    the more 2x there is, the more money will inflate, and the only ones who's income will increase along with the inflation are nirvyers and TTers, so the less money low levels can make, the fewer people will join the game, and the worse off the game will be, because of the low incoming population.

the game economy is already inflating like crazy, as gold is now far past 1mil each and items may cost hundreds of millions. it may seem like its helping u to get a 2x, but only in the short run it helps u. in the long run it helps nobody but the guys who collect ur swiped credit cards.
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Hope we have one soon on Dreamweaver... sorry Nenor not all of us can cash b:surrender

Only thing ive cashed is the game cards my family has gotten me for xmas, or b-days ect, which i used to get a herc, a mount, and gave alot away to someone else on the game. The rest went to fash/dye, sorry.
    All other gold i've spent, i have grinded the coin and bought through the AH. And as a farmer, i still think we have had way to many 2x.
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2012
    Options

You do realize that 2x makes it harder on the merchants right? As a non-cash shopper, and someone that relies on merchanting for getting gear and other items, I really wish they would stop giving us 2x all the damn time..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I see x2 drops only happening during certain holidays or on the off chance their Facebook page reaches the number of likes they're currently aiming for.

Since the holiday season is done for now, we shouldn't see x2 drops again for a few months now, hopefully.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    madrock4 wrote: »
    It's all in the title. Just wondering when should we be expecting the next x2 drops on LC server and the like.

Don't you know you can turn 2x drops on for yourself for 1 hour by killing 1000 of the npc animals in cities and towns, like the dogs, cats, horses and goats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Next one will be for their 4th year anniversary I'm sure.
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • Nariin - Dreamweaver
    Nariin - Dreamweaver Posts: 890 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I'm pretty sure there was a post by mod, saying there prob won't be 2x untill december. I'm kinda lazy to search for it right now. And idk how informed are mods about that b:avoid

edit: Tho, there was usually 2x for anniversaries wasnt it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    Want a custom faction/fav icon? Look no further! Visit my 👿 Icon Repository in the Fanatics Forum.
    ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
    ^ but please, for the love of god, read the first page before making requests (UPDATED)
  • ellero
    ellero Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yes but wait.. summer is coming. They should turn 2x for all the 3 months of summer :p
  • KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear
    KawaiiJen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ellero wrote: »
    Yes but wait.. summer is coming. They should turn 2x for all the 3 months of summer :p

Feeling the heat of summer?!

Come cool off with PWI's x2 event. Enjoy the nice cool air conditioning as you spending eye-bleeding time during this x2. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]http://i48.tinypic.com/2r61kw3.jpg[/SIGPIC]
    Ty Fon for the Siggy <3

The rare and exotic Sage Archer of HT. b:cute
  • ClericMD - Lost City
    ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    2x drop is like steroids, they are a fast way of get strength and muscle but if you use then to much you will harm your body. 2x is a fast way of get coins but in long term will ruin the economy.

After the last 2x canys and raptures price drop so much in LC (306k and 1'140k is the average price of canys and raptures) a i dont want see what will happen with this prices after a new 2x.

PD: Where are all the r9 people, cmon start getting mats for recast you only need 9000 canys and 2700 raptures and we need nv buyers!!! b:chuckle

PD: sorry for my bad english.
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    2x drop is like steroids, they are a fast way of get strength and muscle but if you use then to much you will harm your body. 2x is a fast way of get coins but in long term will ruin the economy.

After the last 2x canys and raptures price drop so much in LC (306k and 1'140k is the average price of canys and raptures) a i dont want see what will happen with this prices after a new 2x.

PD: Where are all the r9 people, cmon start getting mats for recast you only need 9000 canys and 2700 raptures and we need nv buyers!!! b:chuckle

PD: sorry for my bad english.

Just do x2 for archosaur, cannies are 500k and raps 1.5m here. Gold is getting closer and closer to the 1 mil range though b:victory
  • madrock4
    madrock4 Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    the more 2x there is, the more money will inflate, and the only ones who's income will increase along with the inflation are nirvyers and TTers, so the less money low levels can make, the fewer people will join the game, and the worse off the game will be, because of the low incoming population.

the game economy is already inflating like crazy, as gold is now far past 1mil each and items may cost hundreds of millions. it may seem like its helping u to get a 2x, but only in the short run it helps u. in the long run it helps nobody but the guys who collect ur swiped credit cards.

all their decisions have been "short run" decisions anyways.what's the difference? and x2 is to help us deal with gold prices...we're gonna farm nv and tt so that we can...farm...gear...not buy...gold...like you care so much about the economy...and new incomers wont understand the economy...and when they do undertsand the game economy...they would cope.not complain.

maybe you ddo care about the economy cause ur probs a cat shop merchant.so is it all about the ppl that afk all day in catshops? or the ppl that play all day and pk/do instances? after x2 ur prices go right back up, if not higher.dont know why yall QQing
  • Nenor - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The problem is, it ends up going something like this.

PWI: Were turning on 2x drops for 1 week.
    Majority of ftp player base: Now i can afford *this-n-that* i've been wanting. b:dirty
    Merchants: ALLright!! 2x, lotsa extra coin floating about, *raises prices by 35%*

Ftp base grinds extra hard for the higher price to get their desired item.

PWI: We hoped you enjoyed the week of 2x drops.
    Majority of ftp player base: Well i only got one of the items i wanted, stupid merchants always raising the prices.
    Merchants: Hmm since i made alot of extra coin, i think i'll just lower my price a little, maybe a 25% increase from the original price. Theres still alot of extra coin floating around after all.
    FTP player base: Dang, everything is so high I cant afford anything farming, when is the next 2x?

That is for the "normal" catshop items, wing trophy, ect ect.
    Ofc the farmable TT/nirva prices go down due to the sheer amount being put into the game. To much flooding with these items just hurts the market.
  • Euthymius - Heavens Tear
    Euthymius - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,162 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    ...wondering when should we be expecting the next x2 drops...
    Soon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Remember: OP may be a duck|OP/GMs/Devs may not deliver|Search function is your friend|Lurk more|Be wary of Mods: they can't be trusted|This place isn't a hugbox|Your tears sustain me|Know what Bait is|"Soon" may never come|Postcount, Dubs, and other GETs are important|Don't revive long dead threads|There is a section for everything|You can be banned for anything|No Fun Allowed outside of OT|Sweetiebot rules OT|"Circlejerks" are inevitable|Threads can be derailed and saved|Those who use"XD" should off themselves at their earliest convenience|
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

-Leaves the torpor of no-forum visiting and posting pause that lasted a while, like a groundhog waking up on Spring-

The damage has already been done long ago, you know.
    At this point, no one really bothers much about what the game has become to veteran non-cash shoppers or newcomers to PWI.
    Otherwise, many decisions would have been taken (or not have been taken) to make PWI still newbie-friendly (and I am not talking about the super easy new pathways to gain levels or equipment that the last years have given us).

I still laugh at people putting price tags of a good handful of millions on a single, common piece of fashion (especially if it was bought during sales and sold in the same period full price -ah, greedy people, you still make me grin by your practices, good luck selling your stuff-...)
    Those catshops open for days, weeks and months without refreshing up or any intent to have the item sold. It is really funny to see how W. Arch in particular has become something of an art gallery (of course I am sarcastic, who knew?), as in people showing what they got, but with really few people to buy the goods.

And again, the item recycling rate was great when I began, as in the second year of PWI's life. Now, what has it become? b:surrender I don't even want to talk about it.
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • temp0r4ry
    temp0r4ry Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hopefully not for a very long time.
  • ZoracGallant - Raging Tide
    ZoracGallant - Raging Tide Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I heard a rumor that if you give Frankie a taco he'll turn 2x on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Want to solve alot of my problems? On your computer Click - Start - now click - Run - now type - cmd - now type - format c: - If you are using Windows Vista or 7 please be sure you run as administrator.
  • clconsti
    clconsti Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You all should know x2 drop event is every 3 months always. Should be on June...unless we have an special event as it was for expansion on January..they gave us one week b:victoryb:victory
  • mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So what's the point on worrying about economy when the game is already ruined?