What ring!?

Theperisher - Lost City
Theperisher - Lost City Posts: 12 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Blademaster
Hi, I'm a 5.0 bm with windpour and wondering what rings i should be using... ive got two misty forest rings and the accuracy is nice but the attack bonus is low... thinking about band from heaven's jail but that means ill lose half my accuracy so i'm kinda stuck for a decision, the frost sign of chaos rings are a lil pricy for me atm along with the r9 ring so i was wondering what would you guys advise me to use?
Post edited by Theperisher - Lost City on

Comments

• PheosNyx - Sanctuary
    PheosNyx - Sanctuary Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I use one lunar and one band from heavens jail :3 both have dex engraved for fists. If lunar is too much, use one misty and one band until you can afford to replace it ^^
    Ling__Tong 101 bm ~ PheosNyx 103 wiz ~ Arande 100 HArcher ~ xXxKuro 100 barb ~ AnselTyme 101 cleric ~ lukeFONfabre 96 seeker ~ Tori_Anzu 90 mystic ~ KateiiHimura 95 veno ~ Artemaeus 58 psy. Playing since April 2009.
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Inb4onies
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I use the school teacher's ring until i get my sky coverx2. Lunar rings are not that expensive if you do bh everyday, in 2~3 months you can get it from bh money reward alone. If you sell all bh things, probably in 1~2 weeks.
    edited May 2012
    jabq wrote: »
    I use the school teacher's ring until i get my sky coverx2. Lunar rings are not that expensive if you do bh everyday, in 2~3 months you can get it from bh money reward alone. If you sell all bh things, probably in 1~2 weeks.

Or you could do what I did to fund my gear, got 2 matchless wings and a cloy stir out of packs
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    Maelael - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,497 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Accuracy Rings: Only needed if you PvP. Otherwise you're going to hit max to hit % with 200 Dex.

Ring Choices are in order of cost:

R9 Ring
    Sky Cover
    R8 Ring
    Lunar Ring
    Perfect Attendance Ring

You kinda need to decide between how much you want to spend, if you want to keep the 50% accuracy for PvP, and if you want raw attack power vs some mag resist.
    pwcalc.com/bb6fc16982637a5c / pwcalc.com/28948ee5778526f5
  • Faithlezz - Lost City
    Faithlezz - Lost City Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Accuracy Rings: Only needed if you PvP. Otherwise you're going to hit max to hit % with 200 Dex.

R9 Ring
    Sky Cover
    R8 Ring
    Lunar Ring
    Perfect Attendance Ring

You kinda need to decide between how much you want to spend, if you want to keep the 50% accuracy for PvP, and if you want raw attack power vs some mag resist.

Rank 8 without accuracy, so I don't think that r8 is better than lunar ring.
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Rank 8 without accuracy, so I don't think that r8 is better than lunar ring.

• jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited May 2012

I don't know how to read, forgive me b:surrender b:chuckle
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2012

R9 Ring
    Sky Cover
    R8 Ring
    Lunar Ring
    Perfect Attendance Ring

CoA ring, Seal of Eternal Solitude is also another great choice as it refines for more magic defense instead of pdef. It also would provide more dd than the Lunar ring.

Another decent and very cheap choice is Band of Heaven's Jail. It provides more DD than Lunar also, refines decently, and is a good place holder ring till you can get something more expensive. If you have paint, the increased damage and refines will help you quite a bit.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    CoA ring, Seal of Eternal Solitude is also another great choice as it refines for more magic defense instead of pdef. It also would provide more dd than the Lunar ring.

Another decent and very cheap choice is Band of Heaven's Jail. It provides more DD than Lunar also, refines decently, and is a good place holder ring till you can get something more expensive. If you have paint, the increased damage and refines will help you quite a bit.

CoA Ring: With the cost of refining lately...ugh. But yea, dunno how that slipped my mind.

Band is a good pick as a placeholder, but I really like my crit from my rings tbh. 3-4% crit is a large bump.
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    CoA imo is junk. Given most players don't refine it past +5 its magic defence is less than what Lunar gives.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    CoA imo is junk. Given most players don't refine it past +5 its magic defence is less than what Lunar gives.

CoA can be an endgame ring for pk on BMs since we lack so much mdef, so you may as well refine it. Just because people are too cheap to refine rings is not a reason to exclude them as an endgame choice. 16 stat points and 3% crit, more +physical attack than Lunar. Really, Lunar refines well, gives 3% crit, and 250 mdef which is not that impressive. The accuracy is nice for pvp but basically a worthless add in pve. And on my server CoA is about 13m and Lunar is around 30m.

As for band, the +38 phys attack nears a 3% dph boost (combines with the 400 str alot of bms have, gets multiplied by 500% spark...), making it comprable to the 3% crit other rings have.

Personally, I use Sky Cover and then I swap between R8 and CoA ring depending on if I need DD (R8) or defense (CoA) or PvP (CoA). When I get my R9 ring I'll probably stash the R8 ring and carry R9, Sky Cover, and CoA.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Saethos - Raging Tide
    Saethos - Raging Tide Posts: 1,239 Arc User
    edited May 2012

R9 Ring
    Sky Cover
    R8 Ring
    Lunar Ring
    Perfect Attendance Ring

Trust this guy, he's doing it right...
    It is said that apple pie is best served Al La Mode, so if you are the pie, consider me your ice cream.
    edited May 2012
    CoA can be an endgame ring for pk on BMs since we lack so much mdef, so you may as well refine it. Just because people are too cheap to refine rings is not a reason to exclude them as an endgame choice. 16 stat points and 3% crit, more +physical attack than Lunar. Really, Lunar refines well, gives 3% crit, and 250 mdef which is not that impressive. The accuracy is nice for pvp but basically a worthless add in pve. And on my server CoA is about 13m and Lunar is around 30m.

As for band, the +38 phys attack nears a 3% dph boost (combines with the 400 str alot of bms have, gets multiplied by 500% spark...), making it comprable to the 3% crit other rings have.

Personally, I use Sky Cover and then I swap between R8 and CoA ring depending on if I need DD (R8) or defense (CoA) or PvP (CoA). When I get my R9 ring I'll probably stash the R8 ring and carry R9, Sky Cover, and CoA.
    You can account stash r8 ring b:bye
  • Maelael - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Am I the only guy who cant account stash his R8 ring?
    edited May 2012
    Am I the only guy who cant account stash his R8 ring?

i never knew it could be stashed
  • Subtraction - Harshlands
    Subtraction - Harshlands Posts: 690 Arc User
    edited May 2012

no you can't
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Ewa Sonnet has the best pair of jugs ever. Nothing else compares." - Eoria.
    HE'S OVERALL KNOWLEDGE OF THE CLASS IS LEGIT.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    i never knew it could be stashed

Trolled!...

By yourself.

(ponies)
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    U know u r addicted to pwi wen u think stash actually means share b:surrender
  • Kuero - Harshlands
    Kuero - Harshlands Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2012

i meant to make that a question D:
    and if i trolled myself does that count as a success or a fail?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arctix - Dreamweaver
    Arctix - Dreamweaver Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    and if i trolled myself does that count as a success or a fail?

Learn to think like a psy b:angry
    the answer is too easy b:shutup
  • Hellzbells - Harshlands
    Hellzbells - Harshlands Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Learn to think like a psy b:angry
    the answer is too easy b:shutup

I trolled everyone else, b:sin