GM when will you fix BARBs agro skills

_Ghoul_ - Lost City
_Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
gooners been updated as to what will happen to them now could gm plz update as to what to do with barb old agro skill Fleash ream and devour wish was our main agro skill as to aps.

and before anybody start to open there mouth about aps cost this and that my r9 armor cost more then 5aps x3 so before acting like aps costed money think.

fleash ream and the whole barb need update so can gm tell me if anything will be changed.

i dont really agro we should have farming classes but a system that totally neglect the main tank of the game to there own role b:shocked
Post edited by _Ghoul_ - Lost City on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    GMs aren't gonna alter aggro skills because GMs are not devs and probably don't even get to know the difference between the code and a comment in the code (assuming the devs had enough sense to comment their fkn code).

Besides, aggro skills being tweaked to allow you to hold aggro from some permasparking person won't mean much if the permasparker can tank anyways since then the squad will just go for mass DDs to make it faster since that's how players nowadays are.
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I would love for a barb to be able to hold aggro in a party. Needs an update big time.
  • KingCrash - Dreamweaver
    KingCrash - Dreamweaver Posts: 702 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    They don't know how to fix it, or anything else.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    they dont but they would at least let the real devs know it is a issue

i never said how i wouldent know how.

could we by making all bosses hit like ws bh boss that i love to see as its one of the few places barb are needed.

just dont say aps costed cos i say it again if its about money aps dont come near my armor cost even close.

i want barb to be wanted again and is why i ask if there will be updated or any info for us barb axe players who would love to be recognised as main barb again.

yes a few dd might still tank cos of refine but its few in between also if more bosses hit like ws bh bosses less dd would dare tank and barb would be plentyfull again.

maybe as gm sold int gear maybe gm can sell some pack to make spamming skill wortwhile giving skill 1000% more damage or something as you acumulate those items.

i would love to hear somethingb:surrender
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    expensive =/= good.

i could spend a ton to make my sin 5aps with -99% chan with glaive but that doesnt mean that it should be better than a 5aps with daggers.

i could shard dots in my weapon but that doesnt mean it should be better than flawless garnets

just because someone spends tons of $$ to an ineffective build doesnt mean that the game shall be turned upside down to make the build good.

in other words, yeah you spend a lot but you spend them stupidly and now you qq, reminiscing the old days of the barbtatorship. just because back then barbs used to tank it doesnt mean that barbs are supposed to tank. I could argue that barbs were always supposed to be just a temporary tank till people gear up.

oh, and you can always run with casters and other non-aps. but i guess that you want fast very profitable runs eh? sec, i'll go buy some ultra expensive fashion and dye it pure white, then we could have the same argument, we spend a lot of $$ for our char, we should be able to do stuff
    you only purge once #yopo
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I could argue that barbs were always supposed to be just a temporary tank till people gear up.

In all honesty, even back then I kinda felt like this and would get annoyed when people insisted a Barb tank X or Y or Z when we had a squad of other people who were perfectly capable of tanking without the need of a Barb. Sure if a Barb was there then the DDs would hold back some and all was fine and good too. Fortunately the squads that demanded a Barb weren't that common but yeah... b:sweat
  • RageKill - Lost City
    RageKill - Lost City Posts: 297 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    In all honesty, even back then I kinda felt like this and would get annoyed when people insisted a Barb tank X or Y or Z when we had a squad of other people who were perfectly capable of tanking without the need of a Barb. Sure if a Barb was there then the DDs would hold back some and all was fine and good too. Fortunately the squads that demanded a Barb weren't that common but yeah... b:sweat

The only place i demand a barb is in WS. I really don't have the defense and hp to tank there. But when in a squad with a barb i really do enjoy when they have aggro. No matter what the situation. Whether its big pulls or a single boss. They can just handle it better. When on my mystic i really hate when someone pulls aggro off a barb and the mobs all hit them at once. lol

And back in the day some people were perfectly fine tanking after getting some gear all made up. Insisting on a barb was just silly when you know that you had someone in squad was perfectly capable.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Most of the original older classes are in deep need of an upgrade, not only barbs.

But it will not happens, it would not put money into PWI's pockets.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Neglecting barbs is mean. :(
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    lets be honest without int barb would for most part the good ones we able to manage agro.

what i am asking is for the same coin ppl get int they make spamming skill for like a barb get stronger agro abillity.

not saying it gone be cheap but i do expect that if i as a barb really wish to tank i could keep it that is what a tank is.

your dd power do not come from urself it come from int wish is from cash shop i want stronger agro abillity from cash shop to so i keep being the tank i start out as.

you wana dd sure that is ur role me i am tank so let me tankb:bye
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    then they should add a way for casters to deal damage similar to 5aps with the same cost.
    our role is to DD after all.
    you only purge once #yopo
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    expensive =/= good.

i could spend a ton to make my sin 5aps with -99% chan with glaive but that doesnt mean that it should be better than a 5aps with daggers.

i could shard dots in my weapon but that doesnt mean it should be better than flawless garnets

just because someone spends tons of $$ to an ineffective build doesnt mean that the game shall be turned upside down to make the build good.

in other words, yeah you spend a lot but you spend them stupidly and now you qq, reminiscing the old days of the barbtatorship. just because back then barbs used to tank it doesnt mean that barbs are supposed to tank. I could argue that barbs were always supposed to be just a temporary tank till people gear up.

oh, and you can always run with casters and other non-aps. but i guess that you want fast very profitable runs eh? sec, i'll go buy some ultra expensive fashion and dye it pure white, then we could have the same argument, we spend a lot of $$ for our char, we should be able to do stuff

do i look like a poor player if i have r9 ooh yes cos i farm all solo as a barb.

stop acting like a lil kid and before acting all toughtie get on ur main not lil alt cos i ignore most troll atempt cappish.

no bm was the temporary tanks from day1 but maybe you was not here when the game started out fresh.

bm was tankish at those time and they would have pulled it of if not the fact the ylost agro and ppl died so ppl did not want them to.

bm was support and called secondary tank.

barb always main and real tank aka (tigerform) but we have not hade update on ream and devour ever.
    i bet if i say make our fleash ream 100% agro ppl will complain its unfair and such garbish but how will be get agro back then and instead of bashing me make ideas of
    how ream should work.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    then they should add a way for casters to deal damage similar to 5aps with the same cost.
    our role is to DD after all.

they should make cast time disapear as its what dosent allow instant cast but i am not talking about them i am talking about pwi main tank agro skill.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    GMs aren't gonna alter aggro skills because GMs are not devs and probably don't even get to know the difference between the code and a comment in the code (assuming the devs had enough sense to comment their fkn code).

Besides, aggro skills being tweaked to allow you to hold aggro from some permasparking person won't mean much if the permasparker can tank anyways since then the squad will just go for mass DDs to make it faster since that's how players nowadays are.

not everyone will do just a dd party cos not everyone can tank every singel boss.

and i know many dd who would love to see barb as the tank again bt know with there current ream its not possible.

look at claw barb for a sec why you think it become such a big factor becouse our skill are so old it dosent do any good.
    if our skill was updated as to the new classes many would go back happy to axe barb style leaving there claw behind.
    not all i am sure many like being dex claw build but many did change just to feel tankish again and in this sence its wrong to use claw to feel what they used to feel.
  • unceuncerave
    unceuncerave Posts: 471 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Solution.... Make Soulforce required for barb Agro skills.

The more SF you have the higher the threat rating you get? :D

That way in your point.. the more you spend the better? :D

That shouldn't be too hard for even simple code monkeys to do...

Either way this game became too easy to really need a barb sadly. Any intelligent fishstick can solo just about every instance in this game besides RB, which a Well built BM and Seeker could replace the barb as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] for GD Onion 2012 b:victory
  • Empu - Sanctuary
    Empu - Sanctuary Posts: 1,154 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    As someone who started this game with a barb, I used to agree with Ghoul. On the principle I still do actually : barbarians are supposed to be the main tanking class, but they can't tank anymore. Note that I don't consider an aps barb as a tank (at least not more of a tank then a vit barb). It's just a way to be less useless after buffing the rest of squad and there is no need for a puller/tank with massive hp and def. And yes, I tried an aps build myself.

However, if barbs were able to hold aggro again, it would simply become an extra excuse for those horribly undergeared idiots with +10~12 weapon with +2 unsharded armor. A bit back, a sin was convincing a mystic that sins don't need hp/def, just a good weapon b:surrender Besides that, would a barb really become more usefull on the easy bosses (like nirvana) if they can hold aggro from another squishier class that can tank that boss also anyway ? The sadistic part of me actually prefers they can't hold aggro on the bosses those sins CAN'T tank.

Ideally for me, they would fix the aggro skills and have the bosses strength increase proportional to players/squads soulforce (and maybe also ajust the drops). Without "r9 bosses", I don't see much worth of fixing barbs aggro. Whenever someone pulls more then 3 mobs in a cave everyone gets a heart attack and bosses are tankable for almost anyone with the gear improvement over time (garbage gear/shards/refine of today was the super amazing stuff back then) : who cares about barb aggro >.>
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    As someone who started this game with a barb, I used to agree with Ghoul. On the principle I still do actually : barbarians are supposed to be the main tanking class, but they can't tank anymore. Note that I don't consider an aps barb as a tank (at least not more of a tank then a vit barb). It's just a way to be less useless after buffing the rest of squad and there is no need for a puller/tank with massive hp and def. And yes, I tried an aps build myself.

However, if barbs were able to hold aggro again, it would simply become an extra excuse for those horribly undergeared idiots with +10~12 weapon with +2 unsharded armor. A bit back, a sin was convincing a mystic that sins don't need hp/def, just a good weapon b:surrender Besides that, would a barb really become more usefull on the easy bosses (like nirvana) if they can hold aggro from another squishier class that can tank that boss also anyway ? The sadistic part of me actually prefers they can't hold aggro on the bosses those sins CAN'T tank.

Ideally for me, they would fix the aggro skills and have the bosses strength increase proportional to players/squads soulforce (and maybe also ajust the drops). Without "r9 bosses", I don't see much worth of fixing barbs aggro. Whenever someone pulls more then 3 mobs in a cave everyone gets a heart attack and bosses are tankable for almost anyone with the gear improvement over time (garbage gear/shards/refine of today was the super amazing stuff back then) : who cares about barb aggro >.>

i know its the mentallity of today but what do we tell new barb who stat vit yes your a tank to 99+ and then ur useless.

come on we can do better and even if they only help squeshy sin giving barb agro give barb its edentity back is all i ask.

about ur soulfource i could agree as we know devs dont fix thing uness it give them money and if the two main barb skill were based on soulforce i belive we could agree it showing progress.

no longer do you need to stats claw to feel tankish maybe you cant kill but was we making barb to kill things ourself when we started.

i am for soulforce or some pack wish improve ream and devour to barbs agro much like int does for dd classes.

maybe more ideas could be learned from good ppl b:victory

ps or make every boss much more stronger making or forcing ppl to have tank tanking again tho i still would prefer soem new update on skill ream is so useless as its NOW
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I would love if barbs could hold aggro to tank.

I have run soooo many Metal BHs where everything is going smoothly until a sin takes aggro and dies, and we can't hold the boss long enough for them to get back without all dying. It gets very frustrating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • _Syzzer - Sanctuary
    _Syzzer - Sanctuary Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Making every1 able to tank every intances at endgame is bad but pwi doesn't care.My sin started pulling aggro from my barb in his 80's with double spark and tt80 only.Even my uber squish fish with 4 aps gof g15 and 6.1 k hp w/o buffs tanks any bh even warsong and ppl avoid my 23 k hp barb.I made the sin when ppl started leaving bh squads because they saw a barb and they automaticaly thought it was slow run.b:cry
    Its sad but this is pwi,i stoped investing in my barb 2 and half years ago and now i use it only as buffer.b:surrender
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Flesh Ream should work so a barb can hold aggro for a specific amount of time regardless of damage being done by other people in squad, not last barely 1 second, at 1st it was nice but when OP gear comes easily accessible it gets broken.
  • _Syzzer - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Flesh Ream should work so a barb can hold aggro for a specific amount of time regardless of damage being done by other people in squad, not last barely 1 second, at 1st it was nice but when OP gear comes easily accessible it gets broken.

That and a new system of bosses atacks or knowing pwi is just lazy increasing the bosses dmg by at least 50% so barb and cleric wudnt be avoided like they are now.
    I took making the sin as adapting but its stupid because 99% of ppls did that too and now every person has a sin.
    2 years ago on my barb my fl vas 60% active playing clerics and now i have only 1 that is active rest changed to aps bm and sin and some venos.b:sad
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Making every1 able to tank every intances at endgame is bad but pwi doesn't care.My sin started pulling aggro from my barb in his 80's with double spark and tt80 only.Even my uber squish fish with 4 aps gof g15 and 6.1 k hp w/o buffs tanks any bh even warsong and ppl avoid my 23 k hp barb.I made the sin when ppl started leaving bh squads because they saw a barb and they automaticaly thought it was slow run.b:cry
    Its sad but this is pwi,i stoped investing in my barb 2 and half years ago and now i use it only as buffer.b:surrender

that is the problem if you dont have time to put in a instance why do you go.

its bad enough int and dd mentallity to now have to think how long it takes ooh right my favorite show is on i cant miss it.
  • _Syzzer - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    hmm about mentality...ppls r hardwired to choose the easyer path no1 will do hard work for an hour when just gettin a sin makes that only 15 mins.
    I see that a lot in nirvana and bh's,even i do that i had in my nirvana squads last 2 x only for 20 runs a cleric only because she's one of my friends rest 140 of them had only sins bm and veno all 3.33 aps+

b:surrender
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    hmm about mentality...ppls r hardwired to choose the easyer path no1 will do hard work for an hour when just gettin a sin makes that only 15 mins.
    I see that a lot in nirvana and bh's,even i do that i had in my nirvana squads last 2 x only for 20 runs a cleric only because she's one of my friends rest 140 of them had only sins bm and veno all 3.33 aps+

b:surrender

you do know ur part of the problem as your killing most of the clases when you dont bring them with you.

why vn give money i dobt you would be there as much if it wasent for the farming you can do
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    maybe pwi should make it more wierd adn make vn to aps caster van for caster

and the other bh for all random partys making it impossble for aps to survive in those and spamming skill a 1000% more increas as well as harder bosses and one can farm all kinda bhs wish is not vana and caster vana.

make the bh drop same thing vana drops so rainbow party can benefit from those while aps can keep there vana all are happy.

and barb get improved agro in those bh b:pleased

ws for rainbow party where aps cant work i could see it and good drops from these bosses who is with me
  • SteamyFish - Lost City
    SteamyFish - Lost City Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    gooners been updated as to what will happen to them now could gm plz update as to what to do with barb old agro skill Fleash ream and devour wish was our main agro skill as to aps.

and before anybody start to open there mouth about aps cost this and that my r9 armor cost more then 5aps x3 so before acting like aps costed money think.

fleash ream and the whole barb need update so can gm tell me if anything will be changed.

i dont really agro we should have farming classes but a system that totally neglect the main tank of the game to there own role b:shocked

Shut up u dex barb
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Shut up u dex barb

are you dex ofcourse you are and i am str build but what do you know go back to LOST city wc you troll b:chuckle
  • SteamyFish - Lost City
    SteamyFish - Lost City Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    are you dex ofcourse you are and i am str build but what do you know go back to LOST city wc you troll b:chuckle

im actuali str build 5ap fist sin ( HA) armor

but hey ur a semi r9 barb with 300 dex b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    im actuali str build 5ap fist sin ( HA) armor

but hey ur a semi r9 barb with 300 dex b:laughb:laughb:laughb:laugh

i was 300str and 300 dex and in bank i still have a 99 bow to prove it
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    could we by making all bosses hit like ws bh boss that i love to see as its one of the few places barb are needed.

you do know there is plenty of warsong metal/fire squads that doesn't even care to have a barb... or even a bm/sin to a lesser degree.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf