how barb will take back agro back from 5aps

_Ghoul_ - Lost City
_Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
edited June 2012 in Barbarian
this is what i would think a barb who wont lose agro to aps will look like in damage.

no gear cos its not the main issue in this thread.

why dual hammer cos minimum base damage is superior to all the other type of damage and i would hate to hit min min min and max in that order.

so a higher minimum with a lower maximum for a str barb would do much better.

anything to take agro back from 5aps is my new goal and i think this can work.

http://pwcalc.com/1e03a1c265ac36ee
Post edited by _Ghoul_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Unfortunately a decent sin or bm's dph is still over half of that, attacks over 6 times faster than that, has 7 times the crit%, much higher accuracy (although this is almost moot, since accuracy can be glitched), and perma sparked. I know its missing chest, pants, wrist and boots but the DD difference is still amazing between that build and an equally geared aps sin/bm. They would out DD you by about x10.

The bleed proc is also... undesirable? When you are talking a 37k ave dph you want a zerk proc for damage. 5k bleed damage over 15 seconds will hardly matter and won't stack much with only a .83 aps rate. Other procs like Pierce that lower mob defense would help the aps DDs get aggro more than it'd help you. A few procs would help you more like Revenge, Sacrificial Strike, Provoke...

And as for picking hammer, it really doesn't matter in pve. You gave the 'low low low high' as undesirable but that's just as likely as "high high high low" which would be more desired. In PvE axe vs hammer really doesn't matter because they average out to the exact same damage. In PvP the spike damage of axes is more important because you'll be looking for charm jumps or burst damage, specially when a high damage hit is combined with a zerk or crit. So you may as well pick axes since its better in one area and equal in the other.

How barbs will take back aggro from 5 aps?... Do more damage. On my server we have 3 top TW factions, but only one really specializes in TW only. They have the vit clerics, the sage vit barbs, the axe/vit BMs, the demon psychics... Characters that are typically of less use in a PvE squad, but excel at TW. If you want to excel at pve and holding aggro, get more damage and design your character around the game as it currently is. Don't Q.q that you can't be designed for cata pulling and designed for PvE at the same time, because thats not how the game is designed. I'm not arguing what it "should be" and I'm not going to theorize on what the game makers intended, I'm just saying that as it currently is the best way to hold aggro is with damage and the best way to create massive damage is by increasing your attack rate.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    i recognise what ur saying but i have not shown all i will wear as its armor wish have nothing to do with what i am.

for example i could make nirvana gear and recast untill i get all pieces str based but that is just example

also if put gof on hammer it would not be just 33k-40 it would be 66k-80k + ream no way 5aps would agro that and i am way from getting the wanted str i want on the pieces i shown.

i just think going claw is totally wrong but that is me we use axe and have ream for a reason.

i will also have 70 attack lv on top of it.

i gona do everything to make sure my barb keep his tank status with his axes vs anything

my minimum damage is the highest a vit axe r9 barb have so in no way am i bad.

sooon we gona get a new recast so who know what that will bring cant wait to see my sparked damage will we with that.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    this is what i would think a barb who wont lose agro to aps will look like in damage.

why dual hammer cos minimum base damage is superior to all the other type of damage and i would hate to hit min min min and max in that order.

Not even close.

i recognise what ur saying but i have not shown all i will wear as its armor wish have nothing to do with what i am.

Don't need to see the rest.

for example i could make nirvana gear and recast untill i get all pieces str based but that is just example

nirvana gear can't get new stats just re-roll of the one random one on it

also if put gof on hammer it would not be just 33k-40 it would be 66k-80k + ream no way 5aps would agro that and i am way from getting the wanted str i want on the pieces i shown.

the dual hammers you shown can't even get rip, you obviously have no idea about most of the gear you're showing in the first place.

i just think going claw is totally wrong but that is me we use axe and have ream for a reason.

perfectly fine just make sure you have good set of friends that will take you through nirvy and do other things with you because you wont be able to solo anything efficiently.

i will also have 70 attack lv on top of it.

sins will have 100+ with frenzy.

i gona do everything to make sure my barb keep his tank status with his axes vs anything

there is nothing more any barb can do to try and take aggro back in this game anymore.

my minimum damage is the highest a vit axe r9 barb have so in no way am i bad.

full str r9 barbs with higher atk rate and higher atk lvls then you still can't keep aggro to minimal refined weapon sins, you can't even being to imagine the top sins.

sooon we gona get a new recast so who know what that will bring cant wait to see my sparked damage will we with that.

I hope you have about $15,000 saved up to buy it.

stuff in red
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    i have r9 armor +10 you think i cant ooh sorry you must be one of those barb who belive being 5aps barb f2p is the only way to tank.

just cos you cant get agro dosent mean its impossible.

i said i was not putting my armor to show just wanted to show str barb could be tanking again.

if upir ok with light sht armor tanking fine by me but i refuse to let a non tank class take my role when barb was the main tank class.

it was when i rolled barb ages ago and today is considered a buff hoe and puller
    and if ur ok with that then keep thinking so otherwise help me think of good things to make it roll.

i alredy looked at a r9 axe wish start at 700-2100 while these hammer start at 1200-1800.

attack lv is cheap compared to other things like deff lv vit gems etc.

why are you putting TW out i never asked for tw.
    this is not a pve build only i bet i can 1 shoot any sin with me 3rd sparking without deaden nerv so pk is good to.

barb is the main tank and that is how it should be
  • Deago - Lost City
    Deago - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    i have r9 armor +10 you think i cant ooh sorry you must be one of those barb who belive being 5aps barb f2p is the only way to tank.

just cos you cant get agro dosent mean its impossible.

i said i was not putting my armor to show just wanted to show str barb could be tanking again.

if upir ok with light sht armor tanking fine by me but i refuse to let a non tank class take my role when barb was the main tank class.

it was when i rolled barb ages ago and today is considered a buff hoe and puller
    and if ur ok with that then keep thinking so otherwise help me think of good things to make it roll.

i alredy looked at a r9 axe wish start at 700-2100 while these hammer start at 1200-1800.

attack lv is cheap compared to other things like deff lv vit gems etc.

why are you putting TW out i never asked for tw.
    this is not a pve build only i bet i can 1 shoot any sin with me 3rd sparking without deaden nerv so pk is good to.

barb is the main tank and that is how it should be

Yes Barbs Were the tank back before fishies came but now that they are here and nothing will be changed about them its time to realize that our roll can be changed. There is nothing wrong with changing your play style to the current status of the game. As for becoming aps no one said you had too, just if others decide to its not your choice to bash them. Yes we have aggro skills but if something else wants to tank....damn let them. And there are still things that people need a tank for, GV for example, still ran with a lot of Rainbow squads. Even some fbs, Bhs are run that. Not many but some.

Sorry that you're upset that your roll was changed, its time to move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nothing is true. Everything is Permitted.
    Ezio Auditore
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    what i dont get is why you guys act like its nothing unless you really converted to aps urself.

beside if str build can do more dd then claw barb shouldent be play str barb to keep to our axes instead of imitate bm.

and i wont be sutisfied untill agro is mine no dumb fish is gona take agro from a real tank dammit b:angry
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    if they can tank, why not just devour and let them. If they cannot, let them die then take aggro.

b:cute scumbag barb
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    ok, i added 200 str to your build, assumed 100 attack levels, assumed permaspark and still get 72k dps (which i doubt it could hold aggro even from casters). even if the bleed procs every second and stacks for 15sec that's still 77k dps. I think that poison fang but it should be ~10k so we are still at 87k/s. ok, if we assume that you spam flesh ream that would go up to 90k/s; still far away from the 180k/s of the 5aps g13+10 sin...

ofc perhaps i'm missing something...

in any case, I dont understand why you are ok with compromising to keep aggro through damage and restat to str but not ok with using claws to do that...

claw-up b:avoid
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Deago - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    what i dont get is why you guys act like its nothing unless you really converted to aps urself.

beside if str build can do more dd then claw barb shouldent be play str barb to keep to our axes instead of imitate bm.

and i wont be sutisfied untill agro is mine no dumb fish is gona take agro from a real tank dammit b:angry

I did convert, so say your doing 60k per hit, well when im perma sparked with 5 aps with 59% crit, i do about 35k-40k a crit. Now times that by 5 aps (thats per second) plus perma spark your still not getting aggro, unless im sparked and even then ill take it right back. So all in all I'm a barb and i still would hold aggro from you str build or not. b:byeb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ezio Auditore
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Nice O'malley's Blessing there, pro-DD.

To illustrate the damage difference between a ''traditional'' barb vs. a stabby fish:

I tweaked that build a bit.

So, assuming you just use normal attack (skills don't make a huge difference once you get a ridiculous base dmg. like that, and it would be harder to calculate DPS) your DPS would be:
    (27802 + 45511) / 2 = 36656.5 average base damage.

Now we multiply that with these stats respectively: (attack levels) (critical hit) (attack rate) (enemy defense).

So: 36656.5 * 2.27 * 1.1 * 1.05 * 0.66 = 63430 DPS rounded down.

This is assuming you are permasparked, which isn't really possible without dedicating your genie to gaining Chi (you can't really use EP or Mire since other DD's would benefit just as much from that) and having a veno (or several?) backing you up with sparks.

Now let's do the same with this humbly equipped fish.
    ( (11635 + 14566) / 2 ) * 1.3 * 1.36 * 5.0 * 0.66 = 76433 DPS rounded down.

He'd have no problem keeping himself permasparked so he can use his genie to frenzy, increasing his DPS by even more.

So in conclusion? Even with a set well over 10 times as expensive, permasparking being counted in your favor and using DoT's as a barb (lol), an average assassin will still do ~20% more damage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2012

lol ull out dd some but any 4-5 aps sin with +10 r9 dags will out dd u by so far its not funny. just be happy with tanking what u can. if u wanna hold agro so bad adjust ur toon so that u can. like someone said the roles have changed. classes r capable of more then what they were originally disigned for now.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    avarage lol.

reason i use axes is cos i wana spamm my own skill set wish come from my barb ream and devour.

pk would be nice 1 shoting them not counting on there deaden nerv.

but if ur gona put r9 why not put 3rd recasted dual hammers wish will be introduced soon wish come with 40 attack lv higher base damage.

no there must be a way to get agro from dd sin

ps did you count o mural barb new skill wish add 180% more damage in total as he is being hitb:shutup

working on it as we speak

b:surrender a bit funy tho i dont have my r9 armor recasted its only r9 not recasted and +10 armor
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    lol ull out dd some but any 4-5 aps sin with +10 r9 dags will out dd u by so far its not funny. just be happy with tanking what u can. if u wanna hold agro so bad adjust ur toon so that u can. like someone said the roles have changed. classes r capable of more then what they were originally disigned for now.

and tell me what glorius role the barb have goten ooh and dont forget the epb:shutup

be happy you have ur int as i will rip it back one day and it will be mine once again b:bye
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Nice O'malley's Blessing there, pro-DD.

To illustrate the damage difference between a ''traditional'' barb vs. a stabby fish:

I tweaked that build a bit.

So, assuming you just use normal attack (skills don't make a huge difference once you get a ridiculous base dmg. like that, and it would be harder to calculate DPS) your DPS would be:
    (27802 + 45511) / 2 = 36656.5 average base damage.

Now we multiply that with these stats respectively: (attack levels) (critical hit) (attack rate) (enemy defense).

So: 36656.5 * 2.27 * 1.1 * 1.05 * 0.66 = 63430 DPS rounded down.

This is assuming you are permasparked, which isn't really possible without dedicating your genie to gaining Chi (you can't really use EP or Mire since other DD's would benefit just as much from that) and having a veno (or several?) backing you up with sparks.

Now let's do the same with this humbly equipped fish.
    ( (11635 + 14566) / 2 ) * 1.3 * 1.36 * 5.0 * 0.66 = 76433 DPS rounded down.

He'd have no problem keeping himself permasparked so he can use his genie to frenzy, increasing his DPS by even more.

So in conclusion? Even with a set well over 10 times as expensive, permasparking being counted in your favor and using DoT's as a barb (lol), an average assassin will still do ~20% more damage.

hehe about omaley i was just showing the damage of the hammer low and high b:chuckle
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    and devour.

DD's in your squad benefit just as much from that, making you waste chi when it comes to holding aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    DD's in your squad benefit just as much from that, making you waste chi when it comes to holding aggro.

yes i see that but i want it to be fair i dont wana use fist but axes like it used to.

i will keep looking for any str stats i can pump on my barb.

i am gona do thing with me bro who now play sin but i am sure if we two was this str based it could be fun to b:chuckle

he have a barb and he to know how i tfeel when other make him useless.

hopefully one day our skill will have a good update ream really need it
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Spamming alpha male with a high mag genie is easier to do though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Spamming alpha male with a high mag genie is easier to do though.

for what playing ping pong agro for a mini secund
  • OontzOontz - Dreamweaver
    OontzOontz - Dreamweaver Posts: 782 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Don't know why you want aggro back anyways. Game is already easy enough. No point in playing anymore if there are no risks. Might as well give perma-invoke/sutra power orb to all classes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Don't know why you want aggro back anyways. Game is already easy enough. No point in playing anymore if there are no risks. Might as well give perma-invoke/sutra power orb to all classes.

easy is mostly for the perma spaking players i am still stuck with limited chi.

wish remind me as to why i never lved my sin past 60 and psy over 20s i know the ywas easy mode.

barb like most old classes have back draws tide dont but i am not asking to nerf them i am asking to get my role in the game back.

they payed there OPness with aps so i am asking gm to let me pay so i can keep my role as tank.
  • Deago - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    easy is mostly for the perma spaking players i am still stuck with limited chi.

wish remind me as to why i never lved my sin past 60 and psy over 20s i know the ywas easy mode.

barb like most old classes have back draws tide dont but i am not asking to nerf them i am asking to get my role in the game back.

they payed there OPness with aps so i am asking gm to let me pay so i can keep my role as tank.

I really dont understand why you keep on QQing. Theres been countless threads, posts ect about sins and phys being OP yet get this....... ITS NEVER GOING TO CHANGE. Im sorry but move on, just by 1 barb getting aggro back isnt going to make a difference
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ezio Auditore
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Because barbs aren't broken, it's the game that is...

What are you trying to say here. In English, not l33t speak please.

Try and keep aggro from a r9 archer before you try and keep if from a sin. If aggro ping-pongs, then keep re-rolling until you get it right.

(And I'm a proud Sage hybrid strength/vit barb.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    Because barbs aren't broken, it's the game that is...

What are you trying to say here. In English, not l33t speak please.

Try and keep aggro from a r9 archer before you try and keep if from a sin. If aggro ping-pongs, then keep re-rolling until you get it right.

(And I'm a proud Sage hybrid strength/vit barb.)

you guys are funy i am sorry to say but its true.

yes game is broken but one shouldent give in to every broken part i mean then why play a mmo go play singel play game.

just want what should be normal for a barb to be the one who is tanking and rest to be dd
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    the barb here can steal your aggro b:sin b:chuckle
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    the barb here can steal your aggro b:sin b:chuckle

that dosent meant anything as ur dps with claw would suck anyways compare to sins

so again what agro

what the max str one can have anyways
  • Deago - Lost City
    edited May 2012
    that dosent meant anything as ur dps with claw would suck anyways compare to sins

so again what agro

May I need to say but Barbs can have amazing damage with claw, you just lack the knowledge on this subject. If a barb can hold aggro from a r8 5 aps sin, or even a 5 aps bm who sucks a dps....... hmmm lets see here oh right the barb who fails to see the lack of tanking materials that the game has lost. Please enjoy as i go solo frost oh and hh and wait hold aggro from sins or bms your choice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ezio Auditore
  • Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary
    Lhirikoh_WB - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    this is what i would think a barb who wont lose agro to aps will look like in damage. .....boring!!!! lmao

no gear? what for?

why dual hammer cos minimum base damage is superior to all the other type of damage and i would hate to hit min min min and max in that order. I guess hammers are an ok choice, not as much spike damage but better overall base damage

yeah, like we need anymore str.
    all I can say is dude GL, have at it.

b:avoid my 2 cents, this is great and all, I can see where your coming from. Let us barbs have a rally across all servers. b:victory

PS: I miss them bear smilies.
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited May 2012

so again what agro

and you really think your str build barb can really hold aggro from a sin 5aps (+10 at least)
    hm don't know if trolling or dreaming b:chuckle
  • Redmenace - Heavens Tear
    Redmenace - Heavens Tear Posts: 908 Arc User
    edited May 2012

And yet after you've spent all that money and time, you still talk like a 12 year old on a stolen Blackberry.

It's functionally impossible to judge your gear, or skill, or arguments because your posts are so much gibberish no one wants to even try to wade thru them to find anything useful.

You're a waste of time.

\I eagerly await another all lower-case double-spaced rambling screed that no one can decipher and few will even attempt.
    \\you're a fine example of what populates our servers now
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert A. Heinlein
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012

and you really think your str build barb can really hold aggro from a sin 5aps (+10 at least)
    hm don't know if trolling or dreaming b:chuckle

i think it's C)idiot b:avoid
    you only purge once #yopo
This discussion has been closed.