Soloing BH 59

Options
Dream_Kiss - Sanctuary
Dream_Kiss - Sanctuary Posts: 42 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Venomancer
Hey guys,

Can you give me advice on soloing bh59? I have a 73 magmite, (and kowlin and sawfly, but thats irrelevant). Is it possible with my magmite? What valley's? Or do you advice me on taking a eldergoth and level it up to 73?
Also how about resentful pyro in bh69?

Thanks!
Post edited by Dream_Kiss - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Not with a magmite at 73 (though with a herc it's easy.) Level up a ranged eldergoth and you can do Drake and Glutt probably, the others maybe with enough -channeling. At ~79 (didn't try it earlier) I had to spam heal a goth on Zimo, Ofotis and Qianji; on Drake and Gluttonix I had to be careful not to DD so much I pulled aggro off the goth.

Pyro's about the same difficulty as the nukers of 59.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    At lvl 83 , an armored bear can most probably tank all , you need maxed heal , chanelling from 18-24% the least and some combo with threaten and tough. An marksman can do those a bit earlier , but at lvl 83 its the best cause of an upgraded heal. Magmite has trouble due to low magic defence , and those bosses use magic attacks frequently during their attack chains.

I tank them better on my own than my pets , so most of the time if we lack fast APS classes i am the tank in the squad for some apparent reason . Since i haven't tried solo yet i cant say for sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Not with a magmite at 73 (though with a herc it's easy.) Level up a ranged eldergoth and you can do Drake and Glutt probably,

That's interesting, despite the "probably" (which indicates you haven't tried it). I haven't even done FB39 "yet" (don't think I'll try it again though), no FB49 and certainly not FB59 --- I do have a levelled Eldergroth, but he's a whimp so I never tried using him for anything other than levelling it. I also liked doing the snowmen with him, since his ranged attack meant less running around.

In fact, if I ever get a reason to level another pet, the Eldergroth is probably higher on the "to go" list than the turtle (I'm not giving up the mount, the magmite and the sawfly, obviously). I've been wondering about the "greatness" of the Eldergroth basically since I decided to level one, although at the time I assumed it would get better --- and while the turtle didn't really work out (it's the only pet that I don't level anymore), it's still a water pet so it has SOME reason to be kept alive.

Well, I'm too far into my current level already, so I won't try the Eldergroth against dungeon bosses to see if it has a hidden supergroth mode or something similar that doesn't trigger on normal monsters. That will have to wait. Experience is too hard to come by these days to waste it on something like that.
    the others maybe with enough -channeling. At ~79 (didn't try it earlier) I had to spam heal a goth on Zimo, Ofotis and Qianji; on Drake and Gluttonix I had to be careful not to DD so much I pulled aggro off the goth.

Sounds like a lot of luck :-) Pulling aggro has never been a problem for me --- with all heal spamming I simply don't have time to cast anything else :-)
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    That's interesting, despite the "probably" (which indicates you haven't tried it).

I haven't done 59 with an eldergoth at 73... I have done all bosses with an eldergoth at ~79-80, and Drake and Glutt were the easiest heals... so easy I could DD enough to pull aggro on a boss which had only been hit by normal attacks by the 'goth. It's not that they had a hidden supergrowth mode, it that with all skills off, they attack at range... and only get hit by ranged attacks, which are typically weaker and always spaced out more. But since they're not using skills, the only aggro gained by them is from damage done, not from skill use.

I did Farren in 39 with an unleveled eldergoth at 53... at 83, you should be able to solo all the bosses with (random pet of choice)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga