thinking of downlading the game

gamefarts
gamefarts Posts: 3 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
is it woth it if im starting as a complete noob?... are the players friendly.. and are low levels to group with?.. thank you for taking thr time to help

:laughlp!
Post edited by gamefarts on

Comments

• Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver
    Ebrithalia - Dreamweaver Posts: 441 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    *coughtrollthreadcough* dont bother with pwi, getting rare to find friendly player and lowbie zone are deadly quiet
    Ebrithalia -Sage Seeker
  • /aron - Dreamweaver125
    /aron - Dreamweaver125 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I will have to agree... skip this game and either find a good one or wait for ***... once that comes out, I will be there as this game can KMA. hahaha

Nothing but snobby, loud mouthed children and drama on this game and the cash shop BS is the most greedy I have seen by any company.

And to those who would flame me for saying all that...yeah, don't care. That is the truth.
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Go ahead i enjoy this game a'lot. Don't listen to the people saying PWI sucks because it is their opinion ...but get used to them because there are A'LOT
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
  • Cortimis - Dreamweaver
    Cortimis - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    If you plan on starting fresh, you better be planning on soloing if you plan to play legit. There is not really anyone who actually "plays the game" in the lower levels. If you plan to spend hundreds, or thousands of dollars on the game, hop on board. Fair warning, if you DO decide to play legit, it will take you so long that you may find the servers closing for good, right as you reach the top and start to plan out your end game. trololol.
    Cortimis - 101 Demon Barbarian. 100% legit, no goonzs/no APS

Cortimi - 9X Demon Seeker. Total garbage and I will kill you with it anyways.
  • Atheist - Harshlands
    Atheist - Harshlands Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    run away as fast as you can not from just this game any game pwe makes.. they are fun for the first 5 minutes till you realise no one plays them everyone just sits in safe zzones cash shopping buying exp rooms as it is in this game there is no one out doing actual quests and worldly content...
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    run away as fast as you can not from just this game any game pwe makes.. they are fun for the first 5 minutes till you realise no one plays them everyone just sits in safe zzones cash shopping buying exp rooms as it is in this game there is no one out doing actual quests and worldly content...
    I resent that! I busted my *** for 3 YEARS to get to 95, and I have several low-level characters I am working up as well (the RIGHT way)

there are still actual players, but they're not very common
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    gamefarts wrote: »
    is it woth it if im starting as a complete noob?... are the players friendly.. and are low levels to group with?.. thank you for taking thr time to help

Low levels are very rare these days since players can simply power level with certain items. At Lv. 10, which isn't very hard to get, you can simply add real life cash to the game and powerlevel yourself.

At end game, if you wish to be competitive in PvP, be ready to dish out......$2,000+ USD for the "best gear". This game constantly caters to cashshopper rather than F2P players. If you wish to devote loads of time, talking months and knowing how to make money though basic economics, then you can get somewhere. Otherwise, you will get bored pretty fast.

Your choice to try the game out however if you wish.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Mr_Buffs - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Buffs - Dreamweaver Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The game is nearly dead due to constant fail from PWI....nuf sed
  • Hot_Vengence - Lost City
    Hot_Vengence - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Well I wouldnt recommend lost city if ur totally noob. lol.. but yea if u pick the right server ull meet some really nice peeps.
  • _Ghoul_ - Lost City
    _Ghoul_ - Lost City Posts: 973 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    if you plan on stating make the right choice and make either barb or ep or you might hate some bh100 partys and you might never get ur culty done haha.

but sin is the money making class end game that is 100 but have to invest some coin on it.

little cash mind you but ya not fully free to be op as fish is alredy op
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It's really easy to level up on quests in this game. Got a character to lvl 62 by just doing regular quests (no BHs, CS, hypers, oracles or leeching). He still has plenty of quests waiting for him, I just am not playing him right now. Get yourself into a newbie friendly faction for help with any bosses you might come across and you'll enjoy the game.

If you're mainly interested in PvP then you'll have to be willing to invest a lot of time and/or money to get the required gear. If you're fine killing monsters there are no issues and the game is good fun.
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    What do you mean when you ask if it is worth it? This game has literally no worth as it is free to play. The download is free so how can you attach worth to it? Just download it, if you do not like it, uninstall it, if you do like it keep playing.

Do not ask others to make yourmind up for you, that just makes you seem as if you are nothing but cattle.
  • Spell_Caster - Raging Tide
    Spell_Caster - Raging Tide Posts: 2,216 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    LOL@Silly people who I call ghosts.

The game is alive and kicking! People play it and they cash-up so the game is ALIVE.

JOIN IN AND ENJOY!
    If someone hates you for no reason, then give that **** a reason!b:chuckle
  • /ork - Harshlands43
    /ork - Harshlands43 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Well, this game used to be fun when I first started in '08 (did play PWMY before that). Ended up making my main in '09, things were still good in '09. Plenty of people all around, friendly, helpful etc... Now, I would certainly recommend if you are going to play, roll a PvE server, ever since sins and or rank 9 PvP is SO un-balanced it's not even funny. This is especially important since the company is SO LAME that they do not offer a server transfer service (like most other MMO's do)! Other than that I also wouldn't expect to find too much help or populated lower level areas as all people do now-a-days is power level and or LIVE in one cave (FCC). That being said I could go on and on and on saying good and bad things about the game, but of course in the end it's your call. Everything I've stated here is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge. Also, remember FREE TO PLAY = PAY TO WIN, especially here and in PvP (rank 9 anyone?) and unless you're willing to literally not have a life outside the game (or willing to drop the $1500.00 on rank 9) you'll never obtain it anyway. I STILL till this day love the game itself, I just HATE the company that runs it, and what they're doing to it (flushing it down the toilet)! That also being said, this is like an official private server (they may as well sell the GM capes and weapons in the boutique at this rate)!
  • Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear
    Magnanimous_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    gamefarts wrote: »

welcome to troll-land
    b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DarkPlaces - Harshlands
    DarkPlaces - Harshlands Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I haven't been playing in months now, but when I last did, I went to Broken Bow Bluff and there were no players at all. The same goes for Lost (starter city for barbs and venoes). As others said already, you can see the decline even in West Arch, it used to be laggy like hell but nowadays there is no lag anymore.

If you really want to play this game, be prepared to powerlevel or to spend hours looking for a squad. And once you finally get your squad together, half of the players will be undergeared, underskilled and generally unable to play their class thanks to fast leveling.

With some luck there will be a high level player in the squad who soloes your dungeon, this gets the job done but doesn't help you learn to play your class, and it isn't actually what you have come for - you have come for playing the game right?

Without a high level player in the squad, be prepared for 3 or 4 idiots running in different directions, aggroing mobs and yelling at the single cleric for heals, to no avail because the cleric can be in one place only. Usually this ends with a ragequit from the cleric, and you are back to square one, looking for a cleric, but the only one online is the one you just burned.

If you think playing like this is fun, welcome to the game!
  • mursupiiras
    mursupiiras Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Considering all the replies, no wonder the game is "dying"! Since you have that kind of attitude towards new players. I quess the forums reveal how the community is, after all.

It seems like no one should be even allowed to try it.
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Considering all the replies, no wonder the game is "dying"! Since you have that kind of attitude towards new players. I quess the forums reveal how the community is, after all.

Nonsense. Everyone has free will. The download costs nothing and no one can physically stop the OP from disregarding everything said in this thread and trying it out for themselves. But he/she asked for opinions first and that's what they got. So if you have something positive to say about the game, do so. Thus when someone says something negative, the OP will have a balanced opinion.

But oh yeah... I forgot. The current "crusade" around here is that if you don't have anything good to say about the game, then don't say anything at all. b:avoid

Fat lot of good that'll do for new players who will naturally want to hear all sides.
  • /ork - Harshlands50
    /ork - Harshlands50 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012

No the game is dying/dead not because we don't 'welcome' new players. It's the fact that there aren't enough 'new players' or low level alts that aren't being powered up by high level mains. If someone actually wants to PLAY the game, they're going to have a really tough time doing so since every low level area is a ghost town. That's all we're saying is be prepared to do a lot on your own, and even a good majority of the 'high levels' you'll meet now-a-days are still frackin' n00bs (even though they're high level) because all they did was power level, and didn't take the time to learn the game and or their character.
  • Yuxi - Momaganon
    Yuxi - Momaganon Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    well, welcome to the pw. if u wanna play on pve server then go to dreamweaver server, if eu server then german one. not sure which is most active pvp server. in dreamweaver server u will lots of low lvls, low lvl dungeons going on, super bored high lvls who r free to help, new guilds poping up weekly that recruit any level players. and ppl been spamming forums about game being dead for years, it havent died yet, people just play on quiet servers and whine. but yeah, not many people do quests lately, they just buy dungeon for exp, so you can choose to quest and lvl up or merchant/farm crafting mats for selling and buy them too, they are kinda cheap too. some guilds also gives free dungeons(fc) to guildies
  • /ork - Harshlands53
    /ork - Harshlands53 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    well, welcome to the pw. if u wanna play on pve server then go to dreamweaver server, if eu server then german one. not sure which is most active pvp server. in dreamweaver server u will lots of low lvls, low lvl dungeons going on, super bored high lvls who r free to help, new guilds poping up weekly that recruit any level players. and ppl been spamming forums about game being dead for years, it havent died yet, people just play on quiet servers and whine. but yeah, not many people do quests lately, they just buy dungeon for exp, so you can choose to quest and lvl up or merchant/farm crafting mats for selling and buy them too, they are kinda cheap too. some guilds also gives free dungeons(fc) to guildies

This is NOT 'playing the game' -- this WOULD be WHY it is CONSTRUED as DEAD.

//ahh if things could only go back to the way they were in 2008/2009 even 2010 when people actually PLAYED the game.
  • Nightstalk - Raging Tide
    Nightstalk - Raging Tide Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    It all depends on who you get to know and what guild you join. Personally I plan rerolling a wiz on another server and play the right way for a challenge. Don't listen to other peoples opinions because thats just what they are....opinions. Download and play. You never know what you might enjoy. b:pleased
    10x R9 Sage Sin Active
    9x Demon Cleric Active
    9x Sage Psy Active
    8x Mystic Active
    9x Demon BM Active
    8x Seeker Active
    Been around awhile but never really play that long to get anywhere.b:victory
  • Robitussin - Harshlands
    Robitussin - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I just got the game and I'm new and I really like it so far. I'm level 16 now and it's quite addictive I got to say. I say try it, I still did even after reading a lot of negative posts. I see the problems (Which I haven't experienced yet) paying a lot of real life money to have good stuff and lack of customer support, but I say give it a go like I did. If you want join Harshland PvP server on US East and add me as a friend
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    if you are willing to pay cash, this game might be good. otherwise, its completely dead if you are not lvl100
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • Badburton - Lost City
    Badburton - Lost City Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    unless u wan die to me then u dead if i se u all teh time

i say no don play this game cuz it bad i play nother one now
    y r8s and r9 die to 9x?

y?