New, recommend server?

Options
blackmagicsmoke
blackmagicsmoke Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
I am new to PWI and I was wondering what the most populated server is and how many people average are on it?

Secondly, what's the best PvP server and how many players are on it? I think I want to play on a PvP server for more excitement but idk

thank you :D
Post edited by blackmagicsmoke on

Comments

• VillageIdiot - Dreamweaver
    VillageIdiot - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You should forget the whole thing and find something else... like... Poke'mon b:chuckle
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    If you want a pvp server, just pick the one with the best ping.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • blackmagicsmoke
    edited May 2012
    Options
    haha not really the answer I'm looking for but I already downloaded the whole game so I can't waste it without trying. The reason I'm not server hopping to find the most populated is because obviously that'll take too much time as a noob and I'd rather just know. I have a RL friend who plays on Sancuary but he said he'd make a new character on whatever server I join and I'm looking for PvP but would like to know the population of the best PvP server, and the best populated server in general..
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The thing is, if you want to have fun in PK, you're going to want to go with the server with good ping. The reason being is that it's not really all that fun to lag out and lose due to something like that when you could have started with the optimal server to begin with. You don't have to do much to check this either. You just click choose server at the bottom and it will give you a listing of servers by coast, and tell you what the ping is for each server. Lost City is the PVP server on the west coast, Harshlands is the PVP server on the east coast.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • blackmagicsmoke
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Okay, well I made an assassin named Robitussin on the Harshland US East server since I live in the eastern US and it had the best ping (40-50 i think). Hoping this server is active and I have a good time. Thanks for the help
  • Man - Raging Tide
    Man - Raging Tide Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I recommend Raging Tides for activity, economy, tw and drama.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I recommend Raging Tides for activity, economy, tw and drama.

I second this. XD
  • blackmagicsmoke
    edited May 2012
    Options
    So far Harshland is a pretty good server, i mean I've seen a few people at the noob area already so that's a plus I guess. Game's pretty cool though, I'm enjoying it.
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Hoping this server is active and I have a good time. Thanks for the help

You'll not have a good time unless you are willing to spend a lot of money into this game. b:bye
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    karmelia wrote: »
    You'll not have a good time unless you are willing to spend a lot of money into this game or you are not a whiny brat that wants to be teh best without trying and cannot realise that in any game people can buy their gears. b:bye

fixedb:cute
    you only purge once #yopo
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Okay, well I made an assassin named Robitussin on the Harshland US East server since I live in the eastern US and it had the best ping (40-50 i think). Hoping this server is active and I have a good time. Thanks for the help

PM me on the forums any time you need halp and I'll see if I can halp you :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • blackmagicsmoke
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Thanks, I am willing to spend a little money on it but not a drastic amount. From what I hear the non cash flying mounts are ridiculously slow and I saw my friend using one and it was so slow that it just looked annoying, I asked him why it was so slow and he said it's because he doesn't have money to buy one. He is level 71 too. I don't plan on putting in cash until a very high level though unless it's a mount.
  • Ajiuo - Harshlands
    Ajiuo - Harshlands Posts: 708 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Thanks, I am willing to spend a little money on it but not a drastic amount. From what I hear the non cash flying mounts are ridiculously slow and I saw my friend using one and it was so slow that it just looked annoying, I asked him why it was so slow and he said it's because he doesn't have money to buy one. He is level 71 too. I don't plan on putting in cash until a very high level though unless it's a mount.

If you want to make your gaming experience more comfortable and less boring in the traveling parts, I would say spend the money on a good +3 flyer from the cashshop. Don't even bother with a mount because they're rarely used anywhere outside of towns due to having to move around objects so you can't go afk. With the flyer, you can get to places quicker all around the map. But I wouldn't suggest spending any money on useless **** that you don't need, or else you'll end up like all the bitter people, like me, who spend 5k+ on this game for no damn reason whatsoever. :( I would really suggest not even bothering with spending money to buy the flyer, but I understand how hard it is moving on the map with a crappy +.5 speed flyer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ❤ No more PWI for me~ ❤
    ❝WHATIFTHESTORMENDSANDIDONTSEEYOU❞
  • blackmagicsmoke
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I see, thank you! Am I able to find good armour that people buy by drops in dungeons, etc..? So all I'd ever need to buy to be bad *** is a mount?
  • Quasee - Dreamweaver
    Quasee - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    after playing on all pve servers i have to say:
    most active pve server: dreamweaver
    most active eu server: german one
    not sure about pvp servers tho, sorry
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    OP should totally roll on Archo.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • blackmagicsmoke
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the help dudes, I think I'm going to stick to Harshlands PvP though, seems like a nice server, although I need friends, so if anyone plays on Harshlands, add Robitussin and whisper me please haha