The morai bone dino or golem?!

Options
ILubby - Raging Tide
ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Venomancer
Hey all,
I recently bought a reflect scroll and dunno on which pet to put it, a level 100 golem ? Or the morai dino pet ? I don't have the dino pet yet but of course planning to get it. Also not planning to buy a herc so don't go saying you wasted coins.

So opinions?b:cute
Post edited by ILubby - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well, I would say on the golem for main tanking since I mainly use the Dino as an assist DD. But that's my preference anyways
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Looking at the pet stats on Ecatomb, I'd say it would be best to put on a walker (highest combination of HP and pdef) with magmites second choice (you didn't say which type of golem), dino trailing a bit behind either. Even the beetles or bears are tankier than the dino.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Syedora - Sanctuary
    Syedora - Sanctuary Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Reflect benefits a tank pet more because it helps generate aggro (the dino has high attack rate and power already) and you'll be having easier time to AOE grind/kill mobs (I doubt you'll have the dino tank many mobs at once).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ Desdi - Demon Venomancer ★ Aryami - Sage Cleric ★ Syedora - Sage Psychic ★
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Looking at the pet stats on Ecatomb, I'd say it would be best to put on a walker (highest combination of HP and pdef) with magmites second choice (you didn't say which type of golem), dino trailing a bit behind either. Even the beetles or bears are tankier than the dino.

Indeed my thought, I noticed my walker has higher hp and p def and slightly lower attack ( but o well the attack rate on the dino is hot)
    @Syedora, I see your point there and indeed I doubt a dino can handle the amount of mobs my walker can.

So walker it is ! Ty :))
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    People still waste their time/ coin/ whatever on those golems? -lol. Herc makes golems obsolete, but doesn't touch dragons.
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    People still waste their time/ coin/ whatever on those golems? -lol. Herc makes golems obsolete, but doesn't touch dragons.
    -yawns-
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I wouldn't expect the dino to be a particularly good tank, but if you're tanking stuff with it, well, every bit of damage helps.

The herc is the better pet to put it on; but since it already has it - the golem is the obvious second choice. (An air or water pet is the less obvious second choice - but holding aggro isn't usually the problem there, survival is - and anyway too much damage in the air is ranged)

So, if you've already got the reflect; and don't plan on ever getting a herc; the golem is a good place for it.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The golems are a long gone obsolete waste of pet bag space. There is no reason to have one.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Yes you said it twice , now stop , we dont care .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    The golems are a long gone obsolete waste of pet bag space. There is no reason to have one.
    Mhm indeed, and my luring pet is a waste of pet bag space, and my mount is a waste of pet bag space, and whole pwi is a waste of my time, let's just all delete our toons and move on, because we are so fail and can't do ***** without cash shopped stuff.
    FYI I leveled a veno just to farm nirvana with it, and heck, I like spoiling it as much as my wallet lets me. Having fun? Hell yea. Doing my job as a veno? Hell yea ! Go take your yellow fat dude and shove it up your a.ss. I know what I'm doing.
    So GTFO b:bye
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Go take your yellow fat dude and shove it up your a.ss.

eek what a mental image *scrubs eyes*b:laugh
    you only purge once #yopo
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Mhm indeed, and my luring pet is a waste of pet bag space, and my mount is a waste of pet bag space, and whole pwi is a waste of my time, let's just all delete our toons and move on, because we are so fail and can't do ***** without cash shopped stuff.
    FYI I leveled a veno just to farm nirvana with it, and heck, I like spoiling it as much as my wallet lets me. Having fun? Hell yea. Doing my job as a veno? Hell yea ! Go take your yellow fat dude and shove it up your a.ss. I know what I'm doing.

I Love you , seriously i do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • geochris
    geochris Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I have the bone dragon from moria. It is very squishy so i woulnd't put reflect on it. However if u gave it strong, protect and reflect it would be truely an awsome pet. I currently have roar, bash, claw and howl on mine. I really only bring it out when there are no serious AOEs.

Bottom line is its damage is great its survivability is not.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I would say you could replace your Kowlin with the bone pet as a assist DD, and still keep your GW for main tanking, which I would want to put the skills on the Walker rather than the Bone pet.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Though im complete opposite of using Golems and Walker , Dino is a nice DD pet but it's also one you dont won't it to be hit. I think reflect should be put on a pet that will have aggro on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    I just find Reflect completely useless on a DD focused pet. The dino has quite decent defences and HP so it can survive a few hits but that's as far as it goes. You won't have that pet tanking anything therefore Reflect would only be used in AOEs from bosses that are reflect-able. It won't keep aggro off of you anyway.

Claw is the first skill you should aim to for the very reason that it's made to increase a pet's attack and that is precisely what you'd want the dino for. After that, choices are yours. For me it was Bless since Strong only increases physical defence and leaves magic defence low whereas Bless grants more HP and will make the dino last a little longer regardless of defences. Despite that, it won't change the fact that the dino is designed as a DD pet and will me vulnerable.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver
    DaRkYuYo - Dreamweaver Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i put claw on my dino and i want ponce pounce so it can stun but havent seen it on AH b:thanks
    (pounce also increses pet attack speed when succesful :3)*
    reflect with golem is better :P
    b:chuckleb:pleasedb:laugh
    beer and cigs makes me play pwi even more :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Pounce is a rather nice idea,too. I didn't really consider it since I had my mind set on Bless but I might consider it if I find it at a really cheap price.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

You make a great comeback. I know not how to respond other than to say: eat **** and die. Seriously; your post is that stupid.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tweakz wrote: »
    You make a great comeback. I know not how to respond other than to say: eat **** and die. Seriously; your post is that stupid.

Who is the **** now tweakz ???? Seriously i see no support on your side so in this case , just leave
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]