Perfect World Vs Forsaken World

Options
missrosa99
missrosa99 Posts: 1 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Off-Topic Discussion
so I decided to take a break from PWI and try out FW for almost a month and I must say I'm very happy to return back to the world PWI with more appreciation of the game and less complainant about what I thought were flaws in the PWI system.
Post edited by missrosa99 on

Comments

• mm2000
    mm2000 Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Real life > PW > FW > multiplayer online games > console games > Nothing
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    There have been many discussions regarding both games, you can use the search option to find them. Regardless, I have to move this to the Off topic discussion, you can continue it there.
  • Dariboo - Lost City
    Dariboo - Lost City Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    PWI for sure....i can't stand FW
    Filling the forums with idiocy since 2/2/2012 b:pleased

Main - lvl 101 R8 Mystic - Dariboo

Inactive on PWI. I still play PW, just...elsewhere
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I didn't try FW because of the limited customization options. I simply refuse to play with an avatar/toon that 70% of other people can have in an MMORPG (videos games, I don't care).

Hearing all these comments about it just makes me happy I didn't bother with it XD
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • missrosa99
    edited April 2012
    Options
    It's not an attempt to bash the game it's just my personal comparison between the two that in my opinion makes PWI tons better.

1. The Game Client

In PWI I've only experienced lagging where as in FW I've crashed and frozed several times in single mode not dual clienting.

2. The Questing System

PWI quests seem to pay out a fair amount of exp points allowing the player to enjoy taking their time a level and learn their toon. In FW you're power leveled into mid 30's by quests and events only to have it all slow down because the quests now give a ridiculous low exp pay out , which causes you to take part in daily quests and instances, guild camp fires and afk training in order to level your char all in a Time Scheduled Basis.

3. Classes/Races/Skills

PWI has a uniqueness about them where one race can only be a certain class and has access to over 30+ skills at their questing disposal. There are 5 different races in FW, some classes are the same in the races, same basic skills , different racial skills and that talent tree system which determines what other skills you learn which makes you focus on one aspect of your char where as PWI is more balanced.

4. Stat Points

No stat points per level in FW it's allocated automatically for you. Only Masteries and Resistance Training all of which costs in game gold to level and there isn't one to Improve the potency of Healing Skills Where as in PWI 5 stats points are given per level to share between your Str, Dex, Mag and Vit. VERY RARELY 2 chars will ever look and be the same in PWI gear and stats wise.
  • missrosa99
    edited April 2012
    Options
    5. Crafting Ability

PWI allows one char from level 5 to be able to learn all the possible Crafting and Gathering Skills available in the game where in FW I've learnt it's impossible to have my main learn all the Jobs because of the limited Job Points. From the FIW forums I've learnt crafting rarely produces anything useful therefore Set Drops are preferred.

6. Lack of a Rest/Sit Function and Character Action Icons

All of which are given and present in a Level 1 PWI char, in FW there is not Rest/Sit option as I was told potions are cheap and one can cook items to recover Hp and Mp fast enough. Also action Icons must be earned.

7. Resurrection Spells

A Cleric can res someone as soon as they drop keep the battle pace where as a Priest the main Healer in FW must wait a few seconds to be considered out of battle mode before casting Res. same applies to using cooked food while battling.

8. The Ability to identify unknown attributes on weapons and gears

The PWI Merchant NPC does that, in FW they use Scroll of Sages which is a cash shop item, given freely 10 per week and mob drop no NPC sells it.
  • missrosa99
    edited April 2012
    Options
    9. In Game currency

PWI uses one standard game currency where Players may buy and trade stuff from level 1, use in the Auction House and Player Shops. FW starts you out with Bound Soul Coins anything used for it is Bound, to buy in the Auction House and Player Shops another form of Currency is need which is a bit difficult to get.

10. Skills

PWI allows all skills to be leveled 10 only Demon and Sage skills books must be made or Quested for. In FW all skills are capped locked to level 6 and persons must now find the relevant level 7+ skill books to upgrade their skills.

11. Pets

PWI offers 4 forms of Genies which a player has access to over 40+ levelable skills in FW while there a wide variety of cool looking Pets players must find Skill books to teach the pet skills at the risk of replacing an existing skill.

Disclaimer : In review of my post I realized I have made several grammatical error I do apologise for them.
  • missrosa99
    edited April 2012
    Options
    12. Cash Shopping is more worth while in PWI than FW

Why spend real cash to buy items that get bound to 1 char when you play like 5 other chars and buy pet skills only to have them replaced upon learning ? At least PWI what ever I spend my real money on is trade-able between my chars and with a Genie Reset from the cash shop I can simply re-choose my skills with any being replaced

13. Char Customization

When making a Char in PWI the player can modify the chars appearance to add that unique and more personalized touch that makes your pixel no one else's but your own.

14. Pet/Genie Trading

In PWI simply put your favorite genie into trade ready mode and have it trade-able within 7 days In FW you need a cash shop item to unbind your favorite pet.
  • I_maria_I - Raging Tide
    I_maria_I - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    you right missrosa i play me too FW it is nice it is good ppl and you cet fast in instances but also it is boring doing all daily quest lolz so i,m back to pwi (*._.*)
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    Aquyla - Heavens Tear Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Maybe it's a little offtopic but i suggest you guys try battle of immortal. I quit pwi and play boi now. No, i'm not gonna bash on pwi or something like that cuz you all know about current state of game. But i was just wondering if anyone tried boi? And what are your thoughts?
  • missrosa99
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Well while I work on leveling my mystic to max level I don't mind trying it out, is there a full PVE server there ?
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2012
    Options
    as i understood each server is pve based with option to turn pvp when you like and with some wild areas where you don't have any quests that are like pvp arena.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    missrosa99 wrote: »
    so I decided to take a break from PWI and try out FW for almost a month and I must say I'm very happy to return back to the world PWI with more appreciation of the game and less complainant about what I thought were flaws in the PWI system.
    lolflaws. the only flaw was allowing anniversary packs into the economy. open the floodgates, and the **** storm never ends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • missrosa99
    edited May 2012
    Options
    yeah but isn't it because of these very same pack sales which gives the resources to help the developers keep this game updated and running properly while you and I play ?

don't hate the packs hate the players that alter the pack results when they open it.

and maybe the flaw wasn't the packs but more the Rank sale cause it sorta makes the whole thing pointless in trying to achieve it since all you do is whip out your card and say chaaaaaaarge it =)
  • missrosa99
    edited May 2012
    Options
    this for Aquyla - well I took time to try both BOI and WOI , while I did like the game play and setting of the game storyline, my only issue is the Neutral PVP zones and why they send you to do quests in them it comes like they force you in to PKing/ defending yourself.

My suggestion is like PWI and FW there should at least be 1 sever dedicated to pure PVE like in my old game or at least removed the quests from that area. What the developers may have failed to realize or over look is that when you cater for both types of players the game itself draws a bigger crowd naturally.

As much as I had fun playing i might uninstall both and delete them off my system because that's why I left my old open pvp game in the first place too many Pro PVPers dominating the spots where had the good drops and killing everyone senselessly. I have no issue with PVP/PK my issue is when it's done unfairly, it's technically like pixel bullying.

I've read on the forum people comparing the situation to real life but people in real life usually move away from countries and situations where they feel oppressed don't they? Like wise the games might loose players who just aren't into that type of thing.
  • Aquyla - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2012
    Options
    tbh i never tried woi but in boi i didn't have any problems with neutral pvp zones. but then again i didn't play on realm2 where you can find crowd. i only go on that realm when i need to do shopping (either buying or selling). it may also be that not every server is friendly. it's true that in neutral zones you can be attacked but it never happened to me. but what i really like about boi is that it's quite rewarding. think about it :D
    best equipment drops only in instances and it seems to me like drop rate is better than in pwi. not only that this equipment is best in game but also looks cool. through events you can get some stuffs from item shop so you don't need to use zen so much or not even all and big plus is that there is salary system. the more you play the more salary you get and you can spend that salary in upgrading your equipment.