[Maintenance + Patch Discussion] 5-01-2012 [COMPLETE]

Comments

• Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    *gives up and goes back to her book* b:cute
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    Geshwur - Raging Tide Posts: 570 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    they could do that but we all know p lvlers will always find a new way to p lvl.. when i started playing it was oracles now it's fcc next year it'll be w/e they figure out . the not knowing anything i can work with , it's not knowing anything with **** gear from lvl 85 and acting like they know how to play thier toon that annoys .. oh yeah that and telling me how to play mine even though i've played her for about three years and only hit 101 last year or so lol

Agreed, power-levellers gonna powerlevel, but if they limit FC completely to 75+ or something, and set a level req of 30 on hypers (level of first oracle), at least they'll have to level normal to 30 no matter what.
    Current Gears
    pwcalc.com/90f636550cbd5beb
  • SSBrolly - Heavens Tear
    SSBrolly - Heavens Tear Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    hmm id take over the elder and rifine everyone to +12 with one try no orbs

even the playing field then see who has the real skill b:laugh
  • MedAlert - Raging Tide
    MedAlert - Raging Tide Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Agreed. Doing this would also promote more people to start. Beginner areas are pretty much dead, which deters new players from playing. Putting an end to the power-leveling to 100+ would mean more people would (in theory) be playing legit from level 1, and therefore more people doing lower BHs, and hopefully attract more new players to the game, which still benefits PWI because more players = more potential cashers. AAaaaaaannnnnnndddddddd IDK about other servers, but with old players leaving, and new players not joining, my server feels like it's dying out.

They need to limit the amount of oracles a person can do in a day...say 10 would be plenty. I have had several ppl make a char and quit cuz NOBODY in the low lvl areas except the high lvls dueling and trash talking. ppl dont even do quests anymore...it is killing this game.
  • MedAlert - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    they could do that but we all know p lvlers will always find a new way to p lvl.. when i started playing it was oracles now it's fcc next year it'll be w/e they figure out . the not knowing anything i can work with , it's not knowing anything with **** gear from lvl 85 and acting like they know how to play thier toon that annoys .. oh yeah that and telling me how to play mine even though i've played her for about three years and only hit 101 last year or so lol

Yeah I get that too and my lvl 102 has only been in fc 2 times for quests
    edited May 2012
    lol says my toons name there in forum but says im lvl 98 wierd that mean I reverted back a few levels and cant do bh100 after maint Nuuuuub:shocked
  • MedAlert - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    lol says my toons name there in forum but says im lvl 98 wierd that mean I reverted back a few levels and cant do bh100 after maint Nuuuuub:shocked

lol choose edit your avatar and save it again....that should update it
  • ///\ist - Archosaur17
    ///\ist - Archosaur17 Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    They need to limit the amount of oracles a person can do in a day...say 10 would be plenty. I have had several ppl make a char and quit cuz NOBODY in the low lvl areas except the high lvls dueling and trash talking. ppl dont even do quests anymore...it is killing this game.

They need to up the amount of exp/sp/coin people make with quests, make them more enjoyable and worth it. The repairs in this game, the costs, the coin costs for EVERYTHING is making people who I know move to fking private servers. You've no idea how many of my friends have moved to that new private server -.- I detest private servers and I'm doing my best to keep people here at PWI, but if they don't give us something to work with we're done for. Pack your bags, PWI is on the way to being deserted and full of R9 +12 sins who don't even know what headhunt does.
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Making a seperate post cause I actually read the rest of your post...
    But anyway, I agree, I ran a BH69 for a few people yesterday. They insisted that as a 101 5APS sin I could solo without any buffs, which is true, and that I could do it without wine, which is also true, however, I do prefer to have buffs because it makes it easier on my crab meat, and with the ranged mobs in there, I only have so much crowd control to work with (albeit a lot). Then they insisted on telling me that I needed to use chill of the deep for more damage. At first I thought this little level 8x sin was just trolling me... Then he told me to use only headhunt on mobs because tackling slash is "useless" for crowd control, at which point he proceeded to throatcut a mob so that it ran away from me before I had a chance to do anything to keep it near me. Finally he told me to just use my bow because I suck at crowd control, at which point I PMed the leader of the squad (thank god it was not this guy) and kicked him. After which point the run went quite smoothly. xD
    Current Gears
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012

+1

Also, make it to where you can quest from 1-100 without running out of quests, increase the coin, exp and spirit earned from quests, add new quests, etc. Maybe even a slight increase to the exp and spirit from killing mobs (or leave the 2x exp and spirit permanently since it doesn't make hypers seem even more appealing the way it would if base exp were increased)
    Current Gears
    edited May 2012
    lol choose edit your avatar and save it again....that should update it

Don't think it worked xD lol core connect has the correct level though. :p
    Edit
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    But anyway, I agree, I ran a BH69 for a few people yesterday. They insisted that as a 101 5APS sin I could solo without any buffs, which is true, and that I could do it without wine, which is also true, however, I do prefer to have buffs because it makes it easier on my crab meat, and with the ranged mobs in there, I only have so much crowd control to work with (albeit a lot). Then they insisted on telling me that I needed to use chill of the deep for more damage. At first I thought this little level 8x sin was just trolling me... Then he told me to use only headhunt on mobs because tackling slash is "useless" for crowd control, at which point he proceeded to throatcut a mob so that it ran away from me before I had a chance to do anything to keep it near me. Finally he told me to just use my bow because I suck at crowd control, at which point I PMed the leader of the squad (thank god it was not this guy) and kicked him. After which point the run went quite smoothly. xD

I love hearing stories like this.

Love them.

So much.

(And yes, no sarcasm here. Makes me angry, but also I enjoy reading it.)

• Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I would take over any of the awards agents in PWI. They are never doing anything, under my leadership they would be put to work.

Another NPC I would take over are the arena teleporters. They are quite lonely...
    edited May 2012
    They need to up the amount of exp/sp/coin people make with quests, make them more enjoyable and worth it. The repairs in this game, the costs, the coin costs for EVERYTHING is making people who I know move to fking private servers. You've no idea how many of my friends have moved to that new private server -.- I detest private servers and I'm doing my best to keep people here at PWI, but if they don't give us something to work with we're done for. Pack your bags, PWI is on the way to being deserted and full of R9 +12 sins who don't even know what headhunt does.

So.... what does headhunt do? lol lolb:laugh
  • HadesDeimos - Sanctuary
    HadesDeimos - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Demon tackling slash ftw <3
  • XxAdiciaxx - Sanctuary
    XxAdiciaxx - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Ummm so wait, dont they call that bh 69 without wine either 20x or TM 69 now? lol joking but i feel you, my bm is 101 and i constantly get told when to hf what skills to use on what mobs by ppl 20 lvls lower which usually makes me say ok and aps w/o skills to upset them lol
  • X_Grimfall_X - Heavens Tear
    X_Grimfall_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Then he told me to use only headhunt on mobs because tackling slash is "useless" for crowd control, at which point he proceeded to throatcut a mob so that it ran away from me before I had a chance to do anything to keep it near me.

Just need to say, the only way i'm impressed by anything a sin does nowadays is if they actually use tackling slash on a runner b:chuckle kind of like all the times i see bm run into group of magic mobs, no roar, auto attack 1 mob, then crash into the ground at the speed of light. then the cleric gets blamed of course
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I'd want to be the sage seeker trainer... b:avoid
    know all my sage skills, and still be a seeker b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Peta_ - Archosaur
    _Peta_ - Archosaur Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    servers are up b:cute
  • genotypist
    genotypist Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Servers are up! Come on in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "Life is short...Bury! Steady Sword!"
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2012

This reminds me of the time when i did bh metal, squad wipe occured. People said we need a 5 aps person to do the boss. Failing to find it, the veno should solo tank the boss. Naturally i was having fun with my friend, another BM, we were both 4 aps. The problem was not aps, just that having tt80 gear for 4 people and expecting aps to magically kill a boss b:cute. I dropped squad, later on i got pm from the cleric 20 minutes later, they found a 5 aps sin, +10 weapon, but after 3 squad wipes, sin left and they didn't complete their bh. People automatically assume, just because you are lvl 100 or 5 aps, you can roll every instance in 1 minute. People who can do such things, have highly refined gear, not every single 100+ has reached that lvl.
    edited May 2012
    Ummm so wait, dont they call that bh 69 without wine either 20x or TM 69 now? lol joking but i feel you, my bm is 101 and i constantly get told when to hf what skills to use on what mobs by ppl 20 lvls lower which usually makes me say ok and aps w/o skills to upset them lol

or or or some sin whats you to only hf when he/she sparks if its a little off cause you dont have chi to HF yet they will say "Fail HF"

had a sin say that to me so next boss didn't hf at all just sparked :P

and they said "hf?"
    I was like "nah its fail remember?"
    b:victory win b:victory
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    then the cleric gets blamed of course

Always the cleric's fault. b:sad

• XxAdiciaxx - Sanctuary
    XxAdiciaxx - Sanctuary Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    lol i do, do the suicidal bm stuff myself honestly, but i roar, use will of bod if need be and aoe like no tomorrow. my moto about my bm is bm = barb mentality and if i die for something stupid i did then its all on me.
    edited May 2012
    genotypist wrote: »
    Servers are up! Come on in.

cant yet patcher would not auto update till now :b:laugh
  • MedAlert - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    Don't think it worked xD lol core connect has the correct level though. :p
    Edit

I'm glad core connect works for you...it cant even get my faction right lmao. Like I would name my faction lawlight b:cry
  • X_Grimfall_X - Heavens Tear
    X_Grimfall_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    lol i do, do the suicidal bm stuff myself honestly, but i roar, use will of bod if need be and aoe like no tomorrow. my moto about my bm is bm = barb mentality and if i die for something stupid i did then its all on me.

yea forgot to meantion they're usually phys marrowed too, but exactly right. i'd have to make a pretty massive error to die as a sage barb lol
    edited May 2012
    I'm glad core connect works for you...it cant even get my faction right lmao. Like I would name my faction lawlight b:cry

core connect dont work for you? b:surrender
    Ive only used it to get some free fash so far from the points I accumulated
  • Aasaf - Sanctuary
    Aasaf - Sanctuary Posts: 356 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    or or or some sin whats you to only hf when he/she sparks if its a little off cause you dont have chi to HF yet they will say "Fail HF"

had a sin say that to me so next boss didn't hf at all just sparked :P

and they said "hf?"
    I was like "nah its fail remember?"
    b:victory win b:victory

Wait, what is a win hf b:worried? I'll remember to do that, next time. The funny thing is in vana, people think hf grows on trees. Little do they understand that while we spark+hf = 5 sparks compared to only spark = 3 sparks, we might have some chi issues. Or at times you pull foxes, but someone how one of them does not get killed, so naturally we cycle through our hf, genie, and they expect hf on their sparks.
  • Geshwur - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    I love hearing stories like this.

Love them.

So much.

(And yes, no sarcasm here. Makes me angry, but also I enjoy reading it.)
    Is it 'cause you're glad to know you aren't the only one suffering with nabs at high levels? xD

Here's one for you... I was out at west gate, and got attacked by a 2spark R9 sin, which, I only have about 6.4K HP buffed, I'm easy prey at west gate, I don't PK much to begin with, I don't even have a genie specially for PK, nor do I keep myself charmed because of how little I PK, so without any real counters for this, I died pretty easily, which I run the risk of and is entirely my fault if I go PK. However, this particular R9 sin for whatever reason took much pride in his easy kill and started talking mad ****. This sin is also known to not be a good PKer, and against equally geared targets dies off fairly easily because he doesn't know how to PK against people on his own level gear-wise. This is also a sin, who I easily held aggro from in Nirvana, I'm only Grade 13, AND this was before I got my +11, so it was +10 G13 vs +10 R9. Note, this IS RT, a PvE server, therefore IMO one should learn and master PvE on a class before PvP. And yes, there is more to a sin PvE than sparking and auto attacking. I even saw this sin die in Nirvana after a seal because he couldn't handle having aggro, but even then in Nirvana, I was called a nab because I wasn't letting him tank, when the whole time I was waiting for him before starting bosses, therefore the only reason he wasn't tanking is because I was using my skills (sin skills AND genie skills) to my advantage, while he was not.
    Current Gears