Info about Card Boss

Sizzer - Raging Tide
Sizzer - Raging Tide Posts: 2,387 Arc User
edited May 2012 in General Discussion
I heard that players can make Perfect Stones(chi stones) from OHT Land Elder by doing Card bosses . A bit of more Detailed info about this matter would really nice and helpful for me .
Especially about how to make perfect stone? Thanks Regards ! b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dream a dream of a life so new, One brimming with potential,
Of starting again, leaving all behind, Only happiness is essential. b:victory
Thanks Silvy for the siggy, You are the best ! b:kiss
Post edited by Sizzer - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You get perfect stones from decomposing the blue 2 star gear made at the OHT forges. The best way to do it is to just do your OHT daily for 4 tears of heaven, then get some luminostones and golden sculptures, and make gloves. (gloves require 3 tears of heaven, 7 luminostones and 7 golden sculptures each)
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I heard that players can make Perfect Stones(chi stones) from OHT Land Elder by doing Card bosses . A bit of more Detailed info about this matter would really nice and helpful for me .
    Especially about how to make perfect stone? Thanks Regards ! b:victory
    You can make perfect stones by decomposing lv. 12 OHT gear. The easiest way for you is do daily quest for 4 heaven tear mat. With this easy quest you will get 4 heaven tears and these you can use to make lv.12 OHT sleeves and this sleeves you can decompose to 70 perfect stones.
    To explain card bosses is much longer and for you much harder to get. If you interested just tell me and I will explain it to you. I did almost all card bosses to get token hero.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    You get an OHT daily quest starting at level 90 which rewards 4 tears of heaven. You can take those along with the more common mats luminostones and golden sculptures, and craft gear. Each piece decomposes to 70 perfect stones. Note this only requires level 1 crafting.

Card bosses work similarly. Depending on the boss, you will get drops of power materials or stamina materials. You take these along with some other mats and craft gear which decomposes into perfect stones. To kill a card boss you need the full set of cards 1-8, which you can get by killing certain mobs. You take the set to a guy in OHT and he turns it into a record which allows you to summon the boss. Note that if the boss is within an FB you must run it unwined to make the summonbot appear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Card bosses work similarly. Depending on the boss, you will get drops of power materials or stamina materials. You take these along with some other mats and craft gear which decomposes into perfect stones. To kill a card boss you need the full set of cards 1-8, which you can get by killing certain mobs. You take the set to a guy in OHT and he turns it into a record which allows you to summon the boss. Note that if the boss is within an FB you must run it unwined to make the summonbot appear.

Also, to elaborate a bit more..

Card Boss's will also drop Dexterity Material or Spirit Material depending on which card boss you summon. Take a look at the Card Boss list on ecatomb for a list of each and which mat they provide.

Also, if you do alot of delta runs, Fuzzy always personally finds it easier to simply trade Mystical Tome Fragments for the cards. The Land Elder in OHT will trade you any of the 8 cards in a set for 2 Tome Frags. (16 Frags total to make a card from scratch) Gather up all 8, activate the quest at the Elder and then go hunt the boss. The panda would also remind you for the ones in such places as Halluinatory Trench, Eden, Brim, Abaddon or Seat of Torment the instance must be done unwined to allow the SummonBot to appear.

If p-stones are the end result you are after, Fuzzy would suggest hunting down the card boss's that provide Stamina Material. You will get ~20 mats from one kill. Take these, Stone of the Scarred, Luminostone and Golden Sculpture to the forge in OHT to make Silver Chained Star necklaces. The neck has tiny chance to come out of the forge with -18% channel which would net a few coins if you sell it, otherwize you will simply end up with around 800-1000 p-stone per card boss depending on how many 3* etc you get in the crafting process.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for the information friends ,it opened up a new way for me to make a bit coins .
    Plus i get a chance to explore OHT . Regards.b:cute

One more thing i would like to know what is the best to craft (armors, ornaments,weapons)?
    And which gear gives the max amount of P.Stones upon decomposing ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for the information friends ,it opened up a new way for me to make a bit coins .

One more thing i would like to know what is the best to craft (armors, ornaments,weapons)?

I think weapons, but I'm not sure. But they are costly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012

The best thing to craft are the wrists (only take 3 tears of heaven each and no special mat) and the necklace (takes 1 stamina + 3 stones of scarred).

For card bosses you don't get the same amount of materials from each type of boss. Stamina is the best since the Stamina card bosses drop like 26 stamina, the power bosses drop around 16 power, spirit bosses drop around 8 spirit and dex bosses drop only 4-5 dex.

Whether you're making wrists, rings, or necks you are best off making the arcane versions because you have a chance to strike it rich and make a lucky super lucky > -6% channel pieces (up to -18% channel). A -.05x3 OHT HA/LA wrist would also be epic.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Belts can also have -chan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • T_i_m - Dreamweaver
    T_i_m - Dreamweaver Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Save your cards for 2x drops.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I usually run out of leaves of unicorn forest or stones of the scarred before I run out of the corresponding material. I only just got map 4 open, so haven't gotten any of the spirit or dexterity materials yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver
    Abocanhadora - Dreamweaver Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Card bosses are special summon bosses that were added with the chrono expansion. Too be able too summon them, you first need too have all the 8 cards of the same particular card boss you want too summon. There is 2 ways too get those cards: either by farming mobs in the diferent chrono maps and get them as drops from them or by exchanging 2 mystical tome fragments for one card (therefore meaning you would need 16 fragments too trade for 8 cards and kill one card boss)

The npc that gives you the quests about card bosses or lets you exchange fragments for cards is on map 1, called land elder.

Talking as a very old player from another version of this game, that bosses WERE definately worth to do and a nice way too get coins. As a venomancer I have too say I have only been able too kill 4 card bosses on this version: the two in eden, stonebrain and abyss raider (they drop power matherial and stamina matherial respectively), then there is the one looking like sludgestalkers in the end of fb79 that I have also tanked and dropped spirit matherial and lastly there was one inside Abaddon that looked like a mosquito and dropped dexterity matherial.

The matherial dropped (power, stamina, dexterity and spirit) are used too craft items in OHT forges. Remember that the matherial dropped vary in numbers, making stamina the most common and dexterity matherial the rariest.

The card bosses dificulty are diferent from each other. Again, talking using my malasyian version experience I think the hardest one would be the one you cast in TT 3-3 besides the first boss.

Everytime you kill one you have the ability too get a quest reward from the land elder npc. That item is always a record of the card boss you have slain. If you can get all the 16 diferent records, one from each card boss, you will be able too get a question too summon "Hammerfall". Its a special summoning boss that can be summoned in the worldmap in a star shaped island near Lost city. Hammerfall will dropped oht matherial and also a gold OHT drop.
  • Elanxu - Dreamweaver
    Elanxu - Dreamweaver Posts: 521 Arc User
    edited May 2012

good idea :D
    the loser fail nab cleric from dreamweaver who quit pwi, but still wanders the forums.
  • jabq
    jabq Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited May 2012

Might as well just play pwi during 2x, because doing anything outside of 2x is not worth it b:thanks.

There are things called cycles, because of 2x, supply increases, prices drop, for some items waiting for prices to rise takes way too long, so it is better to buy and sell those mats all year round. Otherwise you get a huge stockpile staring at you that is not selling.
  • Sizzer - Raging Tide
    edited May 2012
    The best thing to craft are the wrists (only take 3 tears of heaven each and no special mat) and the necklace (takes 1 stamina + 3 stones of scarred).

For card bosses you don't get the same amount of materials from each type of boss. Stamina is the best since the Stamina card bosses drop like 26 stamina, the power bosses drop around 16 power, spirit bosses drop around 8 spirit and dex bosses drop only 4-5 dex.

Whether you're making wrists, rings, or necks you are best off making the arcane versions because you have a chance to strike it rich and make a lucky super lucky > -6% channel pieces (up to -18% channel). A -.05x3 OHT HA/LA wrist would also be epic.
    Have anyone ever got -18%channel or 0.5x3 HA/LA wrist on any server ? b:surprised
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Have anyone ever got -18%channel or 0.5x3 HA/LA wrist on any server ? b:surprised

Yes, Fuzzy knows someone who crafted a -18% necklace on RT server.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited May 2012

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=784062
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The card bosses dificulty are diferent from each other. Again, talking using my malasyian version experience I think the hardest one would be the one you cast in TT 3-3 besides the first boss.

Crystal Terror. It is one of the most difficult bosses in PWI, though with the proliferation of R9 and high refines, it shouldn't be that bad.

Herzen Sori Demos was a much tougher secret boss in lunar that was removed. That still saddens me. The whole lunar revamp was garbage....
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.