What Can i farm??????

Options
kinmanny
kinmanny Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Archer
Hi guys am still a low level archer only 77 lol but i was wondering once am 90+ well 100+ what can archers farm to make money untill ive only spent 5 bucks on the game farmed everything else TT gear and all tht but at higher level what can archers farm to make money. Everyone knows sins farm FC but what can archers farm tht gives good amount of money so i can save up and buy R9 or buy a rare mount or something like that just wondering the list of dungeons or things archers can do at 100+ to make money?? Thanks in advance
P.S. srry for grammer i was in a hurry when i wrote this b:laugh
Post edited by kinmanny on

Comments

• laloner
    laloner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Some people claim to have bought R9 without cash shopping but thats only a mildly credible claim if you started this game when it first came out and merchanted and farmed well and play obsessively. For everyone else you have to pay.

There is nothing archers farm well solo unless you count grinding on mobs.

If you can get your aps up and get good fists/claws you can farm nirvana and the higher and more lucrative TT levels in squads, but not solo them. The amount of money you have to put into an archer to solo well defeats the logical purpose of farming for coin.

You'll have to get coin the usual ways that all classes do:

around 400K a day from BH100
    around 100K from OHT daily
    around 400K from Cube of fate.

That last one bores me to tears after a few runs.
    AKA PermaSpark, Heartshatter
  • Aesthor - Heavens Tear
    Aesthor - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,845 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    laloner wrote: »
    Some people claim to have bought R9 without cash shopping but thats only a mildly credible claim if you started this game when it first came out and merchanted and farmed well and play obsessively. For everyone else you have to pay.

If you can get your aps up and get good fists/claws you can farm nirvana and the higher and more lucrative TT levels in squads, but not solo them. The amount of money you have to put into an archer to solo well defeats the logical purpose of farming for coin.

You don't need to play obsessively. I've played this game since launch, but on and off, and the only thing I was ever obsessive about was PK and/or TW (which tends to make me lose money, not make money, LOL). I only merch when I actually want something. The only trick to it is to never spend all your money/assets when you decide it's time to break from PW so you're not completely broke if you come back. As long as you don't go completely broke, there is no need to farm or play obsessively at all.

However, I don't think you have to start that early to do well in merchanting either. If you simply do your BHs and don't spend needlessly, you'll eventually get enough coin to enter the market for low price items like tokens and pstones. Then it's uphill from there.

You do need to keep maybe 2 shops up at least at all times while you're actually merching though.

Personally I don't care that much if people don't "believe" it's possible to merch r9 with pack item shards. The fewer people who think it's possible, the better business it is for me. I feel I'm being nice by telling others, but if it's not within their ability then...oh well. It's not my loss.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ಥ_ಥ MOAR.
    SkyKoC - How long is yours?
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    kinmanny wrote: »
    Hi guys am still a low level archer only 77 lol but i was wondering once am 90+ well 100+ what can archers farm to make money untill ive only spent 5 bucks on the game farmed everything else TT gear and all tht but at higher level what can archers farm to make money. Everyone knows sins farm FC but what can archers farm tht gives good amount of money so i can save up and buy R9 or buy a rare mount or something like that just wondering the list of dungeons or things archers can do at 100+ to make money?? Thanks in advance
    you farm buy.. i mean by going here

https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge

you can farm all the gold and money and coins you want here. everyone else does it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    When you hit level 89 start herb farming in heaven/hell if you want to start making decent profit.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    The easiest ways to farm as an archer is to do BH100 and cube every day. Thats about 1.3m of coin for like 45-60 mins of work. If you are in an active guild with a base you can also participate in Trials and sell the mats you get from that. Archers are one of the best classes for that.

Merchanting stuff will get you the rest of the way.

As you gear up, continuously test the limits of stuff you can solo and seek out friends who are interested in farming as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Options
    or you could just play T E R A, 15$ a month seems a lot better than 1500$ a month.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options

As you gear up, continuously test the limits of stuff you can solo .

what asterelle said.

always test your limits
    thats how you ge the maximum fun out of all classes

whenever i gear up one of my chars i have to test my gear limits again. that makes me look suicidal but once i got the feeling for it i can do more

why get all the gear when ur not using it to the maximum

i will never understand those full rank9 ppl who pull single mobs/bosses in bh

even more off topic here:
    i so enjoy playing bm right now,
    figured i played my wiz like one all the time
    my suicidal archer is breeding now *rawr*
    checking archer forums for info sauce
    i like potato
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think you could make a huge profit farming limestones.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    I think you could make a huge profit farming limestones.

I merched and farmed the **** out of limestones and have this gear setup
    http://pwcalc.com/a70093acc68cd7f4
  • Jesusisback - Raging Tide
    Jesusisback - Raging Tide Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    OMG that brings back so many good memories.................ahh.....limestone farming was the **** back in the day.........
  • SpazzMcAps - Harshlands
    SpazzMcAps - Harshlands Posts: 2,561 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    OMG that brings back so many good memories.................ahh.....limestone farming was the **** back in the day.........

its like crack
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    A LOT of people have gotten R9...if you think it absolutely needs cash shopping...yeah in the sense that someone else had to buy gold to sell to you...

If you just do dailies and cube...that's at least 1 gold. If you do the events, you can probably get a little more. Not all events even depend on gear (JR, DT). It really surprises me how many people complain about cash shoppers, yet how come every week the tiger event rankings is not even filled? People don't even do it for the BH?

How come like less than 10 people show up to DT every week? At least from mon to wed you should be doing the event BH and DT if nothing else.

In about a month you can probably have enough gold to start trading packs. Then you can add at least a gold a day from pack income. It goes up from there. That should get you started on gearing up or whatever.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear
    J_Voorhees - Heavens Tear Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options

That about merchanted is not true, it is actually pretty easy to get money merchanting. just find something every1 needs. right now (since i have started on low capital) i am making like 90 mil a week as a merchant ( started with 7 mil, made 30 mil the first week).
    So basicly no, you can easily get up to ~ 50 mil in 3 weeks even with very low capital like lets say 200 k. The problem is for most ppl, they want to be poor. Ask them what they will do if u give them 20 mil. 85-90% of all ppl will say they will buy this and that. another 8 % will say, they will keep it and wait for something. The rest (2%-7 %) will invest it.

Anyways, dont think being a merchant is easy. it is pvp just not like pvp where u kill each other.

So basicly yes, even if you start a toon today you can get full rank 9 in only a few months without spending a buck on this game.

And farming as Archer wont work so very well. You can't solo anything unless you already got a lot of money, and people will take other classes over an archer when they run stuff.
    Try to find a faction that actually runs **** and where 80% of the people either dont log on or are afk most of the day, and you will be good. Other than that do BHs and Cube, later on when you got your first decent gear parts you could offer plvl service or TM runs.
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    you farm buy.. i mean by going here

https://billing.perfectworld.com/charge

you can farm all the gold and money and coins you want here. everyone else does it
    take my advice its the easiest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver
    PotatoHeadQR - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,507 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    The problem is for most ppl, they want to be poor. Ask them what they will do if u give them 20 mil. 85-90% of all ppl will say they will buy this and that. another 8 % will say, they will keep it and wait for something. The rest (2%-7 %) will invest it.

b:avoid that sounds familiar b:avoidb:chuckle
    you only purge once #yopo
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    kinmanny wrote: »

Farm?
    HAH.

Good luck with that. PWI's just basically a fancy pack opening program where you can set up a shop and go afk, then lose money.

There is no "Farm."
    There is "Cashshop."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You don't even have to merchant really. I've been playing on and off and have decent gears from just doing Dailies. Before high level dailies I just spent like an hour or two farming herbs before I got bored for the day and found an FCC Squad and played in there for a few hours. You can even probably try the events really and just do enough for the BH rewards. The events aren't always flooded with R9s like everyone thinks, I placed 3rd for BMs in yesterdays tiger event with scrubby +8 SD and know a Barb that places top 5 regularly with GVs lol. If you want a better cash flow than this try finding a squad of friends to run TT regularly. Majority of the players don't want to do this outside of 2x, can't find friends to open, and wont run without some crazy refined aps gears so you can make a decent profit running with a 3 man squad or something.

EDIT: I also know a friend who made an alt account just to do the Goshiki quest chain repeatedly and makes a couple mil from that a week. Probably not the most effective way but whatever works for her I guess. So I guess you can make money off of almost anything in this game really, you just have to go out and do it.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Farm?
    HAH.

Good luck with that. PWI's just basically a fancy pack opening program where you can set up a shop and go afk, then lose money.

There is no "Farm."
    There is "Cashshop."

Funny coming from a fish...
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • laloner
    edited May 2012
    Options
    That about merchanted is not true, it is actually pretty easy to get money merchanting. just find something every1 needs. right now (since i have started on low capital) i am making like 90 mil a week as a merchant ( started with 7 mil, made 30 mil the first week).
    So basicly no, you can easily get up to ~ 50 mil in 3 weeks even with very low capital like lets say 200 k. The problem is for most ppl, they want to be poor. Ask them what they will do if u give them 20 mil. 85-90% of all ppl will say they will buy this and that. another 8 % will say, they will keep it and wait for something. The rest (2%-7 %) will invest it.

So in a year and a half you'll have the money for R9? And thats without shards and refines.
  • laloner
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You don't need to play obsessively. I've played this game since launch, but on and off, and the only thing I was ever obsessive about was PK and/or TW (which tends to make me lose money, not make money, LOL). I only merch when I actually want something. The only trick to it is to never spend all your money/assets when you decide it's time to break from PW so you're not completely broke if you come back. As long as you don't go completely broke, there is no need to farm or play obsessively at all.

Getting in a launch helps a lot. It means you can buy stuff when gold was cheap and means your always at the top farming the top instances for mats to sell to newcomers and you always know more about prices and gear than newcomers. Its a big advantage. If you didn't farm obsessively then I will admit that people who started at launch and farmed and merched well without being obsessive could have farmed R9. But that's not a big change from my original statement.
  • XxZavxX - Raging Tide
    XxZavxX - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Farm?
    HAH.

There is no "Farm."
    There is "Cashshop."

Eh? I CSed my r9 +12. However, I haven't CS'ed all that much since the 12 sale. I can make upwards of 100m a day farming if I am lucky and have nothing better do with my time.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Getting in a launch helps a lot. It means you can buy stuff when gold was cheap and means your always at the top farming the top instances for mats to sell to newcomers and you always know more about prices and gear than newcomers. Its a big advantage. If you didn't farm obsessively then I will admit that people who started at launch and farmed and merched well without being obsessive could have farmed R9. But that's not a big change from my original statement.

Did you think endgame gear was supposed to come easily and quickly if you don't CS? Getting in at launch means you've played for over 3 years.
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    To answer the OP.

I ground out on poison mobs because the archer double spark purifies.

I've heard of archers soloing squad-mode Lunar.
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    To answer the OP.

I ground out on poison mobs because the archer double spark purifies.

I've heard of archers soloing squad-mode Lunar.

Oh wow, I never knew archer sparks were so special our x2 spark purified.

Reported for hacking b:bye
  • Jacerai - Dreamweaver
    Jacerai - Dreamweaver Posts: 943 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    Oh wow, I never knew archer sparks were so special our x2 spark purified.

Reported for hacking b:bye

You've never gone against a poison/fire mob with no cleric in sight and double sparked for more damage? Poof! All those nasty things go away.

Try it sometime. b:victory
    b:cute The world may be small, but it is far from known.

Why the rage? It's a draining emotion.

Me: DaValentine (veno), Jaceraie (mystic), etc etc etc b:chuckle
  • Kuero - Harshlands
    Kuero - Harshlands Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    You've never gone against a poison/fire mob with no cleric in sight and double sparked for more damage? Poof! All those nasty things go away.

Try it sometime. b:victory

b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Demon_troll - Harshlands
    Demon_troll - Harshlands Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    charge gold... nothing else... u'll die hard... really really hard if u do
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    charge gold... nothing else... i'll die hard... really really hard when i always do

says the experienced one .......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Demon_troll - Harshlands
    Demon_troll - Harshlands Posts: 622 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    says the experienced one .......

u bein a pain in the ***.... but i must get to 90.... ugh.... must get to 90, need lvl90, lvl90 for real man... i would like be able to use lvl90 gold sling shot that give more attack and accuracy and it not drop on death, the accuracy wit crit rings, i will never miss and hit hard and fast wit high crit... and more aps
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Options
    i bein a pain in the ***.... but i must get to 90.... ugh.... must get to 90, need lvl90, lvl90 for real man... i would like be able to use lvl90 gold sling shot that give more attack and accuracy and it not drop on death, the accuracy wit crit rings, i will never miss and hit hard and fast wit high crit... and more aps

Accuracy , yeah , cause that is the problem with your archer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue