Help me please

badhad911
badhad911 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Dungeons & Tactics
I recently made a new character, and now all of a sudden i cant collect herbs or anything for quests. Says im missing a tool.
And i have no idea where i can get it or what?
Please someone help me.
Post edited by badhad911 on

Comments

• roswald
    roswald Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    you need a pick axe. You can get it from any merchant (as in the people specifically labled as merchants not sellers in general)
  • Zeducis_Z - Archosaur
    Zeducis_Z - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Thank you very much lol

i feel so dumb not knowing that lol
  • Prinleah - Archosaur
    Prinleah - Archosaur Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I bought the pick ax but I can't use it. It keeps saying it needs to be put in my inventory.
    It is in my bag when I click on that. Isn't that my inventory?
    Thanks!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Find some rough coal stacks, withered tree roots, sandstone rocks, or iron ores, or golden herbs, alacantha, salvia roots, or nectars. When you mouse over them, you'll see the cursor change to a pickaxe. That's when you can use them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Prinleah - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Then will I be able to complete my quests? Like collect 5 salvia roots? Or is those collecting quests over? Sorry, I am so new and don't have anyone to help me.
    Thanks so much!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Yes, you'll need to find some salvia root spawns, iron ore spawns, withered tree root spawns, and sandstone rock spawns to finish the level 5 manufacturing collection quests. You'll get 2 (or rarely 3) herbs per herb spawn, and 1 (or rarely 2) mats (iron, coal, wood, rock) from each mat spawn. There are higher level mats and herbs as well, which you won't be able to collect until you're 20, 40, 60, or have completed 89 culti and can enter heaven and hell (common names for Lothranis and Momaganon).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Prinleah - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Thank you so much. I will be checking it out after work!
  • lifeanddeath62
    lifeanddeath62 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I got the quest for blacksmithing and all the other manufacturing skills and i levelled up to level 2 in each one but then i haven't been making items for a while but when i tried today to make a item a window comes up saying my proficiency level is too low" but it says i am a level 2 but my highest avatar is a level 60. The Manufacturing window is shaded over and i can't use it to level it up. I even bought a new skill but still I can't make it work. Help!!!
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2012
    Your manufacturing skill level is completely separate from your avatar level. Manufacturing skills range from level 1 (learnable at level 5) to level 8 (learnable at level 99, if you've done all the prerequisites) and skill levels are separate for each manufacturing skill.

It doesn't matter what your avatar level is, if you only have skill level 2, you can't make any gear (of that type) over gear level 4.

More info here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]