MIA For The Weekend

Sympathi - Archosaur
Sympathi - Archosaur Posts: 623 Arc User
edited May 2012 in Etherblade (West)
And much longer b:chuckle

US Server : World "Henge of Denravi" is were the action will be at and were i and more will be, hope to see you there! b:victory
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:: Youtube.com/YCEvenix :: Seeker PvP, PvE and TW Videos
Post edited by Sympathi - Archosaur on

Comments

• CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    This is important?

NO WAI
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    This is important?

NO WAI

You do obviously, or you wouldn't reply to the thread b:laugh

and you pointed it out because you know this means west arch gates will be safe for you to go white name now b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited April 2012
    You do obviously, or you wouldn't reply to the thread b:laugh

and you pointed it out because you know this means west arch gates will be safe for you to go white name now b:chuckle

lol I don't play that lame excuse of a MMO anymoreb:thanks Whenever I go on it I just sit around and get oneshot because my gears are outdated and I don't feel like hosting a stupid catshop 24/7 nor do I have the brainpower to get into the oligarchy of the market on PWI.

I might play if dump like 5grand, but I don't feel like donating my kidney just to stretch some e-peen when I can do it for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build:
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    wow why am i not surprised noone has posted one thing in 3 days in Archosaur forums o.O

Couple videos i took of War of the Guild to the power of 2 weekend beta!

Necromancer PvP Video

Closing Beta Critter Hunt Video

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IBroke - Archosaur
    IBroke - Archosaur Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    wow why am i not surprised noone has posted one thing in 3 days in Archosaur forums o.O

Couple videos i took of War of the Guild to the power of 2 weekend beta!

Necromancer PvP Video

Closing Beta Critter Hunt Video

b:cute

What are your general thoughts on G.W.2? How is the pvp/ pve? I've heard a lot of negative, but from what I've seen it looks decent.
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    What are your general thoughts on G.W.2? How is the pvp/ pve? I've heard a lot of negative, but from what I've seen it looks decent.

Going into the game, i was extremely skeptical firstly because i had played PWI for such a long time, and because there had been so much hype, bigging up and talk about how good it was i didn't think it would live up to it, but i can gladly say it did and did much more.

The PvE system is pretty amazing, it has a quest system like other MMOs but it also has a random world event system were group tasks like defending a city, killing a boss, protecting something and many other tasks pop up. They scale on difficulty according to how many people are in the area so if there's a few for a boss fight its manageable but if there's tons its extremely difficult.

It was a small closed beta but when events popped up the areas were packs (good 50+ on any world event at any time) it is a really effective system at making players work together whilst maintaining a completely solo-able game.

The map size is just ridiculous. I played the beta for about 60 hours over the 3 days (yes i no lifed it) i spent about 50 hours solid exploring the map, as you receive EXP and awards as well as % completion by visiting areas, teleport spots and quest locations. I unlocked just 22% of the world map solid exploring for that time.

This would be my rough estimate to the map size compared to PWI (PWI size being the black square)

World Map Theres also abit more to the map downwards and to the right aswell as a lower and upper level.
    World vs World vs World Map

Theres two types of PvP that i know of, both can be joined at any time i believe too.

The way the games servers works out is there's 2 servers, EU and US. You get to pick your server the first time you play and its permanent. Then you choose your home world out of a choice of 24. You can change your home world once a week at a cost.

World vs World vs World is literally that, you fight other worlds on a two-week long period. its always you vs 2 other worlds and it remains them 2 for the 2 weeks, the winner with the most points fights other worlds closer to there caliber. On the map each world has a main fortress, surrounded by supply camps, outposts ect, and then there's one neutral fortress in the center. The idea is to take as many of the points as you can by attacking them with groups of people.

The sheer size of the map makes it really entertaining, as far as i know there's no alert system to tell you if any points are under attack so it has to be scouted out. I did WvWvW for about 2 hours trying to defend one of our castles from blue worlds attack, ill upload a video soon.

The other PvP is a kind of king of the hill endgame PvP. Apon entering your level 80 (the cap level) with endgame gears, all skills, traits ect unlocked. You can choose from tons of customizations for gears ect and literally battle it out in anything from 1 v 1 to 10 v 10. Thats the thing i did for about 10 hours and recorded on my youtube.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    Forgot to mention, you can get fully endgame level/gear and never leave PvP-
    re
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Forgot to mention, you can get fully endgame level/gear and never leave PvP-

I thought i did :O

but in-case i didn't, yea at any level you can press H i think it is, go to PvP and instantly enter the other kind of PvP which is like king of the hill, 3 points on the map one close to your spawn point one close to there's and one in the center. Stand in it for couple seconds to capture, each point you have increases your score by 1 per second, first to 500 wins. Points awarded for killing people too and capturing objectives.

It instantly makes your toon level 80 with a superior set of engame armor per class, and you can talk to the npcs there to buy special items to add effects to armors and weapons (there's like over 100 of them so there's always a unique build) and ofc you set your traits with max points and access to all weapons for all skills, maxed skill trees.

Its really handy for seeing how well your class fairs in endgame pvp and really easily accessible, literally set up your toons weapons, then skills, then traits + armor/ wep add-ons then go PvP till your bored. (note: i pvped for about 10 hours, never got bored xD)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Well yea that- but you also get XP and gear drops in WvWvW
    re
  • Hexalot - Dreamweaver
    Hexalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 871 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    The map size is just ridiculous. I played the beta for about 60 hours over the 3 days (yes i no lifed it) i spent about 50 hours solid exploring the map, as you receive EXP and awards as well as % completion by visiting areas, teleport spots and quest locations. I unlocked just 22% of the world map solid exploring for that time.

This would be my rough estimate to the map size compared to PWI (PWI size being the black square)

World Map Theres also abit more to the map downwards and to the right aswell as a lower and upper level.
    World vs World vs World Map

You forgot to mention that there are no mounts or flyers in the new game either. :)

It's important to note because while no doubt PWI's map is miniscule compared to the new game, if you had to explore the entire PW map by foot as well it would probably take you the better part of a weekend too. Conversely mounts would have allowed you to cover far more ground in the new game than you did in the time you had. I'm actually glad that aspect of other MMOs has been left out of the game to be honest.

But all in all it's definitely living up to it's hype and am looking forward to release date. I haven't pre-purchased to join betas because I tend to see taking part in betas as being akin to "spoilers" in a way. But if the game takes too long to release I might very well give in. b:surrender
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Yea no mounts (yet) and no flight. However once the part of the map is explored you can get to any location instantly- So it pretty much wants you to explore the Map first at least, and not do it all in a "weekend"

As far as flight/mounts in pwi- only good for standing at south bank like a fashion show. Before squad signets I could run a lvl 1 TB from start city to FC in 20 mins.
    re
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    its too bad tera (come at me, filter) flopped, but I'll definitely try gwtwo with kaz and nova. whats the rumor mill say about a potential release date?
  • Xiac - Archosaur
    Xiac - Archosaur Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    its too bad tera (come at me, filter) flopped, but I'll definitely try gwtwo with kaz and nova. whats the rumor mill say about a potential release date?

In what way did Ter.a flop? I pre ordered it and quit pwi for Ter.a, it's an amazing game imo and packed too I have to switch channels occasionally just to have a chance at mobs. Yeah having a monthly fee kinda sucks but you get what you pay for, it's a quality game so far. The pvp takes timing and dare I say ''skill'' (if such a thing can exist).

Guess it's all opinion though... I tried the GW.2 beta and didn't care for it at all sadly and GW.2 was the mmo I was most looking forward to until Ter.a blind sided me with pure awesomeness.

(pwi filters >.>)
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    Unreal engine blows-
    re
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    In what way did Ter.a flop? I pre ordered it and quit pwi for Ter.a, it's an amazing game imo and packed too I have to switch channels occasionally just to have a chance at mobs. Yeah having a monthly fee kinda sucks but you get what you pay for, it's a quality game so far. The pvp takes timing and dare I say ''skill'' (if such a thing can exist).

Guess it's all opinion though... I tried the GW.2 beta and didn't care for it at all sadly and GW.2 was the mmo I was most looking forward to until Ter.a blind sided me with pure awesomeness.

(pwi filters >.>)

it's a great game, a lot of nice features: the graphics; the classes and skills; combat is really engaging, etc. but for something that was supposed to set a new standard for pvp, I think the targeting system was poorly executed and is average at best. it doesn't give you as free reign to locate, target, and lead shots as I hoped for, such as in an fps or even an rts where precision matters. this, though, is more of an acute approach, and the game suffers for it after the initial "skill" is dumbed down and everything is very dully placed in front of you. and for laptop users, at least with me, the font was indecently small and there was no way to scale it up. thats where it flopped for me, and i don't feel like waiting for a patch haha
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    it's a great game, a lot of nice features: the graphics; the classes and skills; combat is really engaging, etc. but for something that was supposed to set a new standard for pvp, I think the targeting system was poorly executed and is average at best. it doesn't give you as free reign to locate, target, and lead shots as I hoped for, such as in an fps or even an rts where precision matters. this, though, is more of an acute approach, and the game suffers for it after the initial "skill" is dumbed down and everything is very dully placed in front of you. and for laptop users, at least with me, the font was indecently small and there was no way to scale it up. thats where it flopped for me, and i don't feel like waiting for a patch haha

I played Te.ra in the CBs and yea i didn't like the targeting system too, i felt melees really suffered with the lack of lock-ons, and requirement of them being dead in the front of you vs other classes like Sorcerer and Mystic who could just lock-on from miles away and **** the **** out of you.

GW.2 has the same system except without the lock-ons, its more skill shots similar to LoL played on the ground and the range for melee is a little more flexible but is also made up by the face melee hits much harder then ranged melee or magic.

Someone i use to know from Harshlands (Desire the veno) is playing and i watched acouple of his videos, hes playing a Warrior who switches between Rifle offhand for ranged damage and quick hits to trigger the Fury boon (buff (20% critical hit increase) then switches to melee sword for a close range massive hit.

www.tinyurl.com/GWCalcu is the PWCalc of GW.2 btw b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sympathi - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI0E2G7axL4 is the other PvP video i made from all the clips b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • $oul_Reaver - Archosaur
    $oul_Reaver - Archosaur Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    lol first pw vendetta and now thisb:laughb:laugh
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2012
    I had a blast in the beta weekend event. I can't wait for the next one!

When I tried to log in on Friday, almost all of the U.S. servers were full. When I finally did get on to a server, I kept getting tossed into an overflow server. Like you, I also saw a ton of people rallying to every area event. It was nice to play a game with an actual population again. b:chuckle

I can't wait for the next beta weekend... See you there!
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    edited May 2012
    lol first pw vendetta and now thisb:laughb:laugh

I prefer Vendetta, IJS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    Current Wizard Build: