Can't decompose 3 star items

Options
Slyy - Dreamweaver
Slyy - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
edited April 2012 in The Crafting Nook
Sorry if this has been addressed already, all my searches turn up results from 2010.

I can't decompose lower level items with 3 stars. A level 9 armor, I can, but level 5 stuff I can't. My tailor skill is level 5. When I put these items in the decomp slot, the start button is blacked out, and the level requirement square is blank. The items have perfect durability.

Why is this? Am I simply too high a level to decomp mid level items?

Screenshot attached.

5x38n8.jpg
Post edited by Slyy - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    3 star items from Grade 1 to 5 just can't be decomposed anymore.

An update long ago (about a year or two) lowered the amount of mirages that decomposing 3 star items give you. This was due to something about botting (it was only really relevant to the Chinese version, yet they added it here as well, for some reason).

They lowered the amount for Grade 5 items and below to 0 mirages, thus making you unable to decompose them.

Edit: This only applies to armor, weapons decompose into Perfect Stones instead.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    This is part of a nerf from a year or two ago... low level 3 stars (below req level 40 if I remember right), instead of decomposing to a single mirage, now can't be decomposed. 3 stars with req level 40-60 will decompose to perfect stones. Higher level 3 stars decompose to half the number of mirages that they did when I started playing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Slyy - Dreamweaver
    Slyy - Dreamweaver Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Options
    Thanks for the quick replies! I had read that they got nerfed to giving perfect/chi stones, so I just assumed tailor items would too. Oh well, another example of what assume really means.
    b:surrender