Do you actually want a GM to MODERATE?

13»

Comments

• ArenaSkies - Sanctuary
    ArenaSkies - Sanctuary Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    We should have undercover GMs posing as regular players on different toons to join squads with random people and keep an eye out b:cool Then if someone violates ToS, log on GM toon and ban them b:angry
    Dumbledore: Lily... after all this time?

Snape: Always.
  • Morghast - Dreamweaver
    Morghast - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    We should have undercover GMs posing as regular players on different toons to join squads with random people and keep an eye out b:cool Then if someone violates ToS, log on GM toon and ban them b:angry

Or warp them to an area outside the main map, filled with Immune to Damage bosses.
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Cuz every good forum post deserves a good bump now and then.b:bye
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Ok. Firstly I've never got this my self. Their is a lack of moderation in the game which is not so on the forums. We have moderators on here dont we. It surprises me no end that their are no in game player moderators which is the case in most games.

Further more I've lost count on how many times I've tried to help or have helped people and in some cases saveing the GM's havin to deal with a support tickets.
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I would absolutely love it if there were actually GMs online. Even if just to say in red chat "We're watching you...>:)" every once and a while. b:chuckle

I think they should either hire more GMs, or pick some trustworthy people on each server for Vice GM privileges or something. They wouldn't need to be on the payroll, but they'd still be able to ban glitchers and scammers and things when needed.

Heck, I'd actually CS to have active GMs again.
    Or awesome ones like Sihndra <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited April 2012
    heero200 wrote: »
    Ok. Firstly I've never got this my self. Their is a lack of moderation in the game which is not so on the forums. We have moderators on here dont we. It surprises me no end that their are no in game player moderators which is the case in most games.

Further more I've lost count on how many times I've tried to help or have helped people and in some cases saveing the GM's havin to deal with a support tickets.

Read my sig...
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Read my sig...

Which part, the Grey, Yellow, or Red part?

b:nosebleed
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Read my sig...

U just proved my point then yes...
  • XTrigger - Archosaur
    XTrigger - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I remember when GMs were nice enough to tell us a new day is dorning b:sad

I remember when GMs killed players who were being mean to others.

I remember when GMs had events to meet the community.

I remember when GMs interacted with the community.

I remember when GMs stood in popular places unstealthed.

Back when GMs were GMs. Alas not Frankie, nor a single GM will read this. If any single one of them reads this ... prove it.
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Which part, the Grey, Yellow, or Red part?

b:nosebleed

Krisnda is referring to the link at bottom of siggy. It's a WONDERFUL Post! b:victory
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    GMs dont exist
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    GMs dont exist

After trying to contact GM for few days bout a botter, that`s quite true.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Well yes considering that is what they are paid to do. The supposed gms here would have been handed their walking papers a long time ago if they worked for other game companies.
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Trolls in world chat are fun. The more the merrier.
  • /ork - Harshlands6
    /ork - Harshlands6 Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    GMs dont exist
    Well yes considering that is what they are paid to do. The supposed gms here would have been handed their walking papers a long time ago if they worked for other game companies.

Sadly yes GM's do NOT exist in this game, and had they been employed for another company they would have been handed their walking papers a LONG time ago!

This game is dying off very fast because of PWE's POOR, wait, not even POOR but LACK OF, 'customer service'. Don't hold your breath for them to all of a sudden start caring either, just go find another game you like! (for me I am heavily enjoying the upcoming G W 2 which just had a public beta weekend for those who pre-purchased)!
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    There are some people on DW server whom I wish the GMs were on when they are... because it's ridiculous >_>;;.

Honestly though, it would be nice to see some GMs around. I'm not asking 24/7 GM presence like some other MMOs or private servers, but it would be nice to see some stuff taken care off. I don't mind the trolls, but admit it, we do have people who go overboard and telling people to blacklist won't do anything... because BL won't prevent griefing ><.

I like it when the GMs show up in system chat and joke along! There was one who showed up every 2-3 days or so, but it hasn't happened in a bit D: It's little details like seeing a random "Hedgehog" in system chat that boosts morale, because for 5-10 minutes, there's actually a presence from the company/management/game... inside the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]