hi all

stevekh
stevekh Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Hi Guys i am very new here and i am planing to play PWI soon

what i want to know some info

i want to know what the best tank class and what the best tank build ??

"Don't Misunderstand, What You Want To Protect Is Not What I Want To Protect, Its Just The Fate Of What You Want To Protect Is None Of My Concern. What I Wanted To Protect Was ....

>>> GetsugaTencho <<<

>>> Gaia(EU) <<<

>>> Champ <<<
Post edited by stevekh on

Comments

• seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    stevekh wrote: »

Depends on what you want as a tank....

Barbs: Tend too do 'General tanking' better then Both (BladeMasters & Seekers) do too their exceptional Surplus of Agroing skills in 'Feline form' to keep the mobs attentions on you rather then team mates on any squads you may join onto eventually....(Even though their APS Rate Sucks it Big Time! Compared to the other {2 classes} normally)

Seeker's: Have quite a few (Combat Attack Debuff Combo's) that can do wonders for combat, Not too mention that their continuous AOE Attack Is an incredible equilizer, when swamped by most (Hordes of mobs) so long as you got the HP and MP Items to burn.. You can basically Mince Incredibly High Amounts of Mobs (in a short time).... Holding agro for squads, can be tricky as a seeker (tank) especially with any (4.0-5.0 APS) Members, who might be on squad with you
    in later level squads (80th+Lv groups and etc.)' but who cares, because with 1 or 2 (5.0's) on your squad, nothing survives for more then like (15 seconds) anyways, LOLOLOLOL!!!!

BladeMasters: Are the 1 (HA) TANK Line! Who can achieve the 'Heavens~Sent Attack Rate' of a 5.0 APS!! "If you got the right gear boosts for it." and many of their later attack skills 'Kick some serious A**!' especially once, one figures out how to smoothly run a BM.... But unless they got that (4.0-5.0 APS) rate 'to pull even a single Mobs constant Agro onto them', BMs R only usually 'Mediocre Attention Keepers' for squads as tanks against massive groups of incoming Mobs, But they're still doable once you figure them out later on....

As for best build Types: Many people tend to have varying ideas, on whats best for the (build types) So its best for you too hear, from those who specialize in (each type) of HA Tank and their (Combat~Styling types)...

If you want a place to play with the (Stats & Attributes) for any Characters you may wanna eventually make, Visit this link:

http://pwcalc.com/

You'll find this Site most helpful & educating too you; Especially into where you need to put all your (attribute points) & what sort of gears you can have for your characters later on, and what they can give you for attribute boosts.... So you can find you own Ideal of what your favorite build is......b:victory

(Be aware though; some items listed on that site do not exist in the {PWi} version, so its always best to ask others if certain items that catch your interest, are actually available in game)

Ps: If you want to see what some classes can do for damage capacity (Or just wanna see how things can work (in game) on combat..... Then head over to YOUTUBE and look up any of the Numerous Videos that have been posted there for Perfect World....

Who knows maybe there will be a dedicated listing of each of the Barb Build types out there for you to be able to watch, so you can see how they work......

Heres a link for you to be able too start from, on YOUTUBE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTF9z7rAiYg&list=UUpohIy1WxeCAfa_O3YdhR2g&index=12&feature=plcp

PPS: Heres also some links, too the 'Classes~Sections' of the {FORUMS} Threads; so you can look though them aswell:

Barbs:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Bms:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Seekers:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=232

b:victory
  • stevekh
    edited April 2012
    ty alot seitori well i was thinking to go barb or sword master i will see both of them and do so research from the websites you gave me ty alot mate appreciated
    "Don't Misunderstand, What You Want To Protect Is Not What I Want To Protect, Its Just The Fate Of What You Want To Protect Is None Of My Concern. What I Wanted To Protect Was ....

>>> GetsugaTencho <<<

>>> Gaia(EU) <<<

>>> Champ <<<
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    ty alot seitori well i was thinking to go barb or sword master i will see both of them and do so research from the websites you gave me ty alot mate appreciated

Do not play this game unless you can spend about 2k irl in 1 shot. Otherwise you are screwed pvp wise and nerfed pve wise people expect others when partying to have +10 gear and alot want only rank 9 in the good top faction also the support here sucks and allow glitches to be abused with basically no repercussions as proven by the FC Glitchers who got 105 in a short while. If you can handle that than feel free to join. If not than I would leave right away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Wuild Gars 2 is out soon.

Wait for that?
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Don't listen to haters.
    You don't need to spend any real life money if you don't plan to be a competitive PvP'er

Even if you don't want spend money, you can still PvP against others in your similar conditions.

Those haters speak like its not worth playing the game unless you can be competitive against anyone in less than 6 months of playing, and without spending a buck, cool story, play a first person shooter if you like to PvP at the same conditions from start (or almost), this is a mmorpg : people with better equip and skills will most probably win, deal with it.

Also look at their join dates: they've both been here since 2009(if not 2008) and yet they can't move along?
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • MagicEmpress - Lost City
    MagicEmpress - Lost City Posts: 795 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Barbarians are the true tank, but BM and sins can tank with aps if you invest the time and/or money to refine their gear enough to give them lots of HP.

My Rank 9 +12 wiz can tank 98% of the game solo and 98% of the other 2% with a good cleric BBing or IHing. Just the world bosses, and a few high end HH/Warsong bosses can still get me.

So at end game if you max out your gear (and your credit card) any class can tank.

b:thanks
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Wuild Gars 2 is out soon.

Wait for that?

If ''soon'' to you means ''anywhere in 2012'', then sure.

Judging by the beta weekend currently going on, I'd say they still have a long way to go until it's ready for release b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Don't listen to haters.
    You don't need to spend any real life money if you don't plan to be a competitive PvP'er

Even if you don't want spend money, you can still PvP against others in your similar conditions.

Those haters speak like its not worth playing the game unless you can be competitive against anyone in less than 6 months of playing, and without spending a buck, cool story, play a first person shooter if you like to PvP at the same conditions from start (or almost), this is a mmorpg : people with better equip and skills will most probably win, deal with it.

Also look at their join dates: they've both been here since 2009(if not 2008) and yet they can't move along?

I have moved along. I am just helping others before they make the mistak of wasting money on this game. Hell they are even promoting other games in their red chat which proves they don't give a damn about this game anymore and want people to move on.

oh and that "you can still pvp against others in your similar conditions" doesn't work. You honestly think when you click to white name no one who is rank 9 / Over powered sins in stealth are gonna attack you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    If you still want to play this game, forget barb, unless you're gonna go claw build (an expensive build that will require farming till you puke or swiping your credit card till it cries "NO MORE! SPEND ME ON A NEW CAR!!"). If you ultimately want to be a tank, go sin. Or a BM, but an endgame sin does more damage than a BM with similar refines. Either way, even if you want to solely do PvE, you have to be OP before anyone (other than friends) farts your direction. Sure, you can (barely) get by with TT99, but don't expect to get into many squads unless you make 'em yourself.

I don't like being a downer, because my heart is still in this game, but at this point, if you can't spend (or even if you can), best to spend it elsewhere.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • stevekh
    edited April 2012
    well i dont like to spend money on games really and i want to play this game for fun b:chuckle i saw the videos and really like the game style so i decide to join but thanks for all who reply

and guys after all its a game b:laugh

thinking what server i will play but for sure europe server

>>> GetsugaTencho <<<

>>> Gaia(EU) <<<

>>> Champ <<<
  • djsilverkat
    djsilverkat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    you can play with me =) but i wanna go us server.. i just started here to
  • stevekh
    edited April 2012
    you can play with me =) but i wanna go us server.. i just started here to

its kinda hard for me mate really :P best for me is europe server time :P

>>> GetsugaTencho <<<

>>> Gaia(EU) <<<

>>> Champ <<<
  • djsilverkat
    djsilverkat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    its kinda hard for me mate really :P best for me is europe server time :P

aw ok... i was sorta thinking of guild wars tho.. but it comes out in june haha im too lazy to wait :x but yea
  • BerserkBeast - Sanctuary
    BerserkBeast - Sanctuary Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I have moved along. I am just helping others before they make the mistak of wasting money on this game. Hell they are even promoting other games in their red chat which proves they don't give a damn about this game anymore and want people to move on.

So you mean you don't play anymore this game yet you tell people to not play?
    How you even known what's the OP is looking for in this game?, why everyone assume that everyone else play MMORPGs just for PvP?
    How you even want people to move on without even trying the game?

You may had your personal delusions, but I bet you didn't play for what,2+ years maybe?, without having your nice moments,when you had fun / being happy / etc etc. -- just why those doesn't matter anymore?. I've been playing different games I always expect to have some delusions, I don't pretend it will be fun and amusing from start to end, but , off course when I don't have fun anymore, I just quit, not regretting "Wasting my time", because along all those delusions, I had my fair share of fun -- and Im not regretting the time I spent on other games.

There are lots of people that have become rich, semi rich, ultra rich, or even multi billionarie via merchanting, I don't pretend everyone to merchant, but I do realize that there are ways to get the so-called "Max" without spending money in this game. Myself -- I probably got 20 times in-game earns compared to the real money I put into it, and I didn't even merchant for it.

If you really say you've moved along you should really do it and forget this game for good, realize yourself things never last forever,same applies for games. I'll quit too someday, I won't stay in the forum to QQ like an old cynic who thinks that game sucks.

\\I also find fun how you speak about PvP when you're in a PvE Server,where obviously most people that switch in PK mode are already OP or near that (Im on a PvE Server too), no wonder that "there are R9 hidden everywhere to ready to pop up".
    The only way to beat a troll is....to troll him back b:angry
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Yep! Yw.....b:victoryb:thanks
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited April 2012

oh and that "you can still pvp against others in your similar conditions" doesn't work. You honestly think when you click to white name no one who is rank 9 / Over powered sins in stealth are gonna attack you?

PvP is completely broken, I'll give you that.

But PvE is a different story. Unless you HAVE to nirvana with that tiny elitist group that only takes +10's, the game is fairly easy to enjoy. Finding a decent friendly faction, leveling to 100 with quests and regular fcc and earning coin from there with bh100's isn't too difficult. As a game it can be fairly enjoyable.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Do not play this game unless you can spend about 2k irl in 1 shot. Otherwise you are screwed pvp wise and nerfed pve wise people expect others when partying to have +10 gear and alot want only rank 9 in the good top faction also the support here sucks and allow glitches to be abused with basically no repercussions as proven by the FC Glitchers who got 105 in a short while. If you can handle that than feel free to join. If not than I would leave right away.
    This. And community of players sucks+ totally unbalanced classes and PvP and PVE. As a caster you have no chance to run instances except caster nirvana. But melee classes can do everything. Absolutely stupid.
    There is bunch of much better games out here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited April 2012

any class can tank, best build is whatever the max limit on your creditcard is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.