The 2 new games of Perfect World International

ClericMD - Lost City
ClericMD - Lost City Posts: 127 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
So today I check my mail and get the news that PWI has open the preorders of torchlight 2 only $19,99 yes less than half of price of one dragon orb 10 http://torchlight2.perfectworld.com/, and the open beta of Neverwinter the new free to play game of PWI http://www.playneverwinter.com/

Maybe i am a paranoid man, but what if PWI just realize that perfect world is a dying game and they only want just acelerate the process so they can focus in the new games.

For my part i want buy torchlight 2 i enjoy a lot the fisrt part and really want test the second part and for only $20 dolars b:pleased.

Sorry for my bad english.
Post edited by ClericMD - Lost City on

Comments

• Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I dont need pwi to send me torchlight 2, i can preorder it on amazon too for the same price and have way more protection if the product is defect. But yes i will absolutly buy this one.

For the other Game, im done with PWE mmo titles because they are all pay to win and will abandoned when they stop being insanely profitable. I was so dissapointed as they closed down hotk. As soon pwi is death i will avoid titles under pwe's management because other companys do better.

Edit :

Funny how i dont pay VAT when i preorder Torchlight over PWE ...........................
    I knew the VAT was just a greedy excuse to **** more out of eu players.
    I hate Room 38
  • Annonrae - Sanctuary
    Annonrae - Sanctuary Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I still can't get over the Neverwinter part. I just can't. I played the original game when it was released and still have it installed on a laptop. When I read that this company is releasing THIS game, I died a little inside.
  • Lillemy - Sanctuary
    Lillemy - Sanctuary Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    A year subscription for most pay to play games costs less than dragon orbs. 19-20$ is normal
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Playing something that comes from this company, no ty, PWI is a good example how they manage their games.
  • foley3k
    foley3k Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    $20 for something from PWE? No thanks. I will spend the extra $40 and buy Diablo 3, which I already did.
    NGTUy53.png

• Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Neverwinter looks promising... Hope it'll be an action MMO... And that my pc can handle it... b:chuckle

And for heaven's sake let there be good and fast female classes in it... Most Action MMO's only have good classes for males... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Not planning on ever playing anything else from this company unless some sort of miracle occurs and even then I'd be extremely cautious about it.
  • Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear
    Foxy_Fiona - Heavens Tear Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I hate to admit it, but Torchlight was loads of fun and I expect Torchlight 2 to be just as good. I pre-purchased it on Steam the other night as soon as I saw it! b:quiet

The game is actually not made by PWE. They are the publisher. A lot of decent game companies work with evil companies like PWE, NCSoft, etc. Torchlight was one of the only games that PWE put their logo on and didn't manage to ruin.

Neverwinter will probably be epic fail. You don't have to be a psychic to figure out how a MMO that PWE slapped their logo on will turn out. CA$$$$$$$$$$$$$$H $$$$HOP!
  • DeadlyPath - Harshlands
    DeadlyPath - Harshlands Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    For the other Game, im done with PWE mmo titles because they are all pay to win and will abandoned when they stop being insanely profitable. I was so dissapointed as they closed down hotk.

U played HoTK too.. I love you b:laugh that game was awesome.. Was sad to hear that it died.
    ~They call me DP b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Toliman - Raging Tide
    Toliman - Raging Tide Posts: 1,595 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I hate to admit it, but Torchlight was loads of fun and I expect Torchlight 2 to be just as good ...

I played Torchlight too.

Upgrade system of equipment and gathering drop pet are very good there.

You can use "Send your pet to town" option to sell items.
  • Tyramera - Dreamweaver
    Tyramera - Dreamweaver Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    truekossy wrote: »
    Not planning on ever playing anything else from this company unless some sort of miracle occurs and even then I'd be extremely cautious about it.

^This

PWI was the first MMO I ever played, and it won't be the last. BUT it will be the last thing I ever touch that has anything to do with PWE. Tired of being trolled by this company.
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    Vesemr - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I still can't get over the Neverwinter part. I just can't. I played the original game when it was released and still have it installed on a laptop. When I read that this company is releasing THIS game, I died a little inside.

Agree...
    But I ll try it tho.. I really wanna see how much they fkn up with Thief class :p

I really hope they at least saw good NwN1 and awesome NwN2..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Safeng, thanks for syg <3

Look how I care, that you don't like my English ,,|,,
  • Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide
    Bobobejumbo - Raging Tide Posts: 934 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Agree...
    But I ll try it tho.. I really wanna see how much they fkn up with Thief class :p

I really hope they at least saw good NwN1 and awesome NwN2..

They completely ruined the NwN game. It hardly even resembles what was at E3 a while back.
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    They completely ruined the NwN game. It hardly even resembles what was at E3 a while back.

Damn i felt so..
    Can you imagine now meeting of gamers and some bunch of people saying "And I was playing in Forgotten Realms!" where? in mmo..
    No more to say just long silence..

No offense but I never saw real RPG (which NwN was) in mmo. Like Anno said, I died inside.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2012
    Damn i felt so..
    Can you imagine now meeting of gamers and some bunch of people saying "And I was playing in Forgotten Realms!" where? in mmo..
    No more to say just long silence..

No offense but I never saw real RPG (which NwN was) in mmo. Like Anno said, I died inside.

Well, it's a good year for the gaming community over all. Go get your feet wet with something PWE hasn't touched.
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I died a bit inside as well when I found out the PWE and Neverwinter were in the same sentence.

I played the Neverwinter Nights Diamond edition ages ago, and it was one of my most favorite MMOs. Really engaging, and your character had its own story. It was nice.

"free to play" Neverwinter by PWE? It's going to be PWI all over again. Only now people know how unreliable the company is.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Vesemr - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    Well, it's a good year for the gaming community over all. Go get your feet wet with something PWE hasn't touched.

I just feel bad what they did to NwN but well.. yeah I agree with you.
    List of games is pretty long~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2012
    I died a bit inside as well when I found out the PWE and Neverwinter were in the same sentence.

I played the Neverwinter Nights Diamond edition ages ago, and it was one of my most favorite MMOs. Really engaging, and your character had its own story. It was nice.

"free to play" Neverwinter by PWE? It's going to be PWI all over again. Only now people know how unreliable the company is.

Skai, when you gonna abandon this **** and put your skills to use in a game that gives back to it's community? War. In a Guild. Twice. Join us!
  • CatManDoo - Dreamweaver
    CatManDoo - Dreamweaver Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I went to watch what other games pwi has and there were some pretty interesting games, especially RiderZ (come on, open world mmorpg with crosshair and nice actionb:dirty). I think i,m trying that game, if it comes out and if its f2p.
    edited April 2012
    I went to watch what other games pwi has and there were some pretty interesting games, especially RiderZ (come on, open world mmorpg with crosshair and nice actionb:dirty). I think i,m trying that game, if it comes out and if its f2p.

I think they have many promising titles. Sadly, they are a **** poor company and I don't expect a modicum of acceptability in how they decide to manage and support those titles.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I've actually been testing out FW, and a few other games to get more idea's about their Arena and if there were elements from it that would be helpful for the PWI tournament.

I have to say despite some minor flaws, they did a really good job with FW, it's basicly everything PWI isn't. I was wondering if they didn't take the idea's given to them here in the PWI suggestion section and just put them into FW.

PWE isn't a bad company they are not perfect but they do have people there that care and want to give us the gaming experience that we want. But for whatever reasons can not or just need more help to accomplish it or even the support of the players.
  • Xilplxim - Dreamweaver
    Xilplxim - Dreamweaver Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Terra. b:bye
  • kenpachikensai
    kenpachikensai Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    keep in mind, PWi is only the name of the MMO. PWE is the one who publishes and manages [some of] the games.

Keep in mind that not all things PWE publishes turn out bad, look at Blacklight: Retribution. It has gotten a lot of good reviews and has a good player base, despite the fact that it is in a Call of Duty dominated genre.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Even if these new games were the BEST games on entire world, I would say NO thanks. After experience of managing PWI. No, never again something from PWE company.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I have to say despite some minor flaws, they did a really good job with FW, it's basicly everything PWI isn't. I was wondering if they didn't take the idea's given to them here in the PWI suggestion section and just put them into FW.

Some of the flaws being the random squad thingy giving certain guilds the opportunity to abuse it for the sake of b*tch*ng at others ruining your 1-time-a-day instances while at it and the fact that the game get's repeatable when you reached 40+ after 2 weeks... Not to mention the lack of playable archers (gunners are no archers)... Also they kinda failed by not having makeover scrolls too...

Yeah overall it was a really great game but the lack of the community because they where divided over realms and the quality of those you did encounter, plus the fact that the whole game starts to feel like a drag after a while, it really needs some improvement before I'd go back there...

I just wish the dev's would take an example of some stuff FW has to offer (especially the circus game instances where fun) and make stuff similar to it here as well...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I just wish the dev's would take an example of some stuff FW has to offer (especially the circus game instances where fun) and make stuff similar to it here as well...

I argee completely.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    I have to say despite some minor flaws, they did a really good job with FW, it's basicly everything PWI isn't.

You're right. I was able to AFK level my way from about 30ish all the way to max level in FW. It gave me lots of free time to bust my tail trying to creep my way toward max level in PWI. b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • patik1099
    patik1099 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    im playin it till it ends if they let me. spent way to much time to leave. hope it survives in the future. if not put stuff in dqs so they can earn it, guildwar/tw dailys. uh? cube losing once end run rule,glitches,turn goons on till new content comes out,dailys. great ideas to help survive the future matey

cheers turds... off to wine and bh ;p signing out
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Even if these new games were the BEST games on entire world, I would say NO thanks. After experience of managing PWI. No, never again something from PWE company.

Torchlight is different, its no mmo it have no item shop its not pay to win its single player and its fun, even devs who was involved into making diablo I have contributed to this title. Torchlight II will probably a very pretty sweet game , also again stand alone no mmo no item shop no pay to win. PWE is just the Publisher but you can get it from other sources too like steam or amazon. Dont punish a nice game developer for having a not so nice publisher.

Torchlight catched up the feel of good old Diablo pretty well and even with diablo III knocking on the door i can recommend Torchlight II wich is kinda cheap also.

As for mmo Titles i fully agree with you. Someone mentioned later in the Thread PWE is not so bad , see Blacklight Retribution that gets good critics ect.

Well PWI was also getting very good Ratings when it came out and it was a while really good without op stuff in CS. The problem came after 1 Year with the Pack relase and the complete turnover into a pay to win game. This will happen probably with all other titles too because that seem the most profitable way to squeeze most monney out of a game before it have to die.

In a Year or so you maybe have to put monney into Blacklight retribution or you just a grunt cannon food toy for the cash shoppers. Neverwinter will have for a while no op stuff in the Shop but as the game progress and the levels grow they will most likely make you happy with pay to win like they did in pwi. They did this in Jade Dynasty and Frosaken World too, they will not stop on Neverwinter. I had this allready, i dont need to expirience it again. And if people disagree to play hillarious ammounts of cash for op gear they just shut the game down.
    I hate Room 38
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Sorry too busy beta testing and running around Lion's Reach and Black Citadel playing a real free to play game that actially only charges 90 USD that is truly F2P not Pay-to-win. b:laugh

If I were you I'd investigate other options as well. Its' like the global financial crisis in 2008. Get your money out of this abomination now, before it goes over. Least Zombie Studios is managing Black Retribution well. They won't take it from PWI, they'll develop that shazbot piece of artwork like a true master piece.

b:laugh

You know the most awesome part about PW listening to that ridiculously horrid awful disgusting henley login theme tune over and over again on the login screen. Which wasn't made by a 'real musicans/musicians'. I have nothing against K-POP but jeez Perfect World China can you hire a nice music artist for a change and make a game say 13 gigabytes and have in-game movies telling a real story. Man, 600 million dollars a year I don't think is going to cut it, huh?

Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye