How many others will sell their stocks in PW

Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
edited April 2012 in General Discussion
Over the last couple of days my husband and I have sold our stocks in PW and purchased stocks on other areas. Today I sold the rest of our shares in the company. It was a very sad sell in that I have a special place in my heart for PW but financially they are not worth the risk to us. So those who know me probably won't seem me world chatting as much either...lol I am saddened deeply by what I have seen happening over the last couple of months since being back in PWI. I will still play as I enjoy the people I have met here. But nonetheless it is a sad day for me.b:surrender
Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Sagek - Sanctuary
    Sagek - Sanctuary Posts: 1,156 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Nope, They have new releases coming out that will no doubt generate an increase. They have shown a small increase over the 6 months and I feel thats because they are gaining momentum and gearing up for a big Advertising campiagn. This makes me feel that selling now would be a mistake esp if you bought any shares when it cost $15+

thats my 2 cents, Mind you I have been wrong more than once in this market, but I have also been right a few times as well. Nonetheless we will see which was the best choice eventually.
  • Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver
    Mr_Punkster - Dreamweaver Posts: 272 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    b:surrender I'd never buy stocks in a gaming company. Wouldn't it make more sense to invest in something people would need vs want? Needs stay, wants come and go.
    lvl101 Legit archer...not 1 hyper used or multi-FC
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The way I see it, so many people playing aren't even of the legal age to buy stock or don't earn their own money.
    Add the number of people who have absolutely no interest in stock and this market, I think you'll end up with a very small minority of stock holding players. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • John_Smith - Harshlands
    John_Smith - Harshlands Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Wern't you butthumping PWEs awesome decisions like 2 days ago? Why would you sell stock in such a reputable, correct, well doing company?
    I've quit excluding TW for my faction. But I still hang around to help out those who still enjoy the game under PWEs horrific handling and to have fun in the forums. b:cute
    #Shame about PWEs absolutely craptastic handling of the goons glitching. Remember kids, there's no punishment for breaking the rules here!#
    If you make a valid complaint, your thread will disapear. Don't post it here, post it on other sites where PW can't hide it.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    b:surrender I'd never buy stocks in a gaming company. Wouldn't it make more sense to invest in something people would need vs want? Needs stay, wants come and go.

Ooh man obviously you haven't read into how many aspects MMO worlds have become part of. They are huge and their intergration into Military/Space/Education enviroments and functions are growing every day. To not be invested in this is a lost opportunity and a chance to make some money.

Mind you I'm not saying PWRD is paving the way, there are thousands of game companys on every lvl out there.

PWRD happens to just be one of the ones that caught my eye.
  • Sagek - Sanctuary
    edited April 2012
    The way I see it, so many people playing aren't even of the legal age to buy stock or don't earn their own money.
    Add the number of people who have absolutely no interest in stock and this market, I think you'll end up with a very small minority of stock holding players. b:surrender

You know what would be funny, is if kids started begging their parents for money to invest into stocks and bonds instead of actually video games.. I can imagine many of a, "WTF?!" coming from the parents.
  • Fintan - Lost City
    Fintan - Lost City Posts: 1,245 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    The way I see it, so many people playing aren't even of the legal age to buy stock

WTF? "Legal age to buy stock"? WTF are you smoking? Oh, wait, you DO have to be a certain age to smoke. Sure, it's more difficult to trade stock as a minor due to not being able to enter a contract legally, but there are many ways you can still do so without a low-fee brokerage account. I mean, we're not talking DRIP accounts or anything, just shares.

Of course, as a minor, you'll probably literally have a portfolio filled with shares that you can convert to electronic shares once you hit the age of majority. That means it's generally wiser to choose companies which have multi-year long-term growth potential. That, or the company is cheap enough to buy shares of and gamble, like PWRD. Of course, I'm not even sure PWRD offers traditional shares, so it may be moot for them. In any case, you don't need to be any specific age to legally buy stocks, just to enter into a contract which most brokerages require.

I fear that if I type any more, I'll be obligated to make a safe harbor statement. Plus this is getting somewhat off-topic. So I'm done.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    MuSHRooMS - Lost City (currently inviting new members) b:victory
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • scarfaceclaw
    scarfaceclaw Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Was this really worthy of making a thread about.

Who cares what stock you brought.
    What kind of fool pays for a free game.
  • Strife_son - Sanctuary
    Strife_son - Sanctuary Posts: 1,217 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Kudos for an original "this game isn't good anymore" thread.
  • NRJ - Lost City
    NRJ - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Over the last couple of days my husband and I have sold our stocks in PW and purchased stocks on other areas. Today I sold the rest of our shares in the company. It was a very sad sell in that I have a special place in my heart for PW but financially they are not worth the risk to us. So those who know me probably won't seem me world chatting as much either...lol I am saddened deeply by what I have seen happening over the last couple of months since being back in PWI. I will still play as I enjoy the people I have met here. But nonetheless it is a sad day for me.b:surrender

Coming out with make up stories, for real? PWE DO NOT SELL under 100 000 units (being a company with over 10 000 000 000 at the stock market) and we both know you can not afford them! The company is doing fine making more games or taking other developers under their brand, PWE is far away from going down.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2012

You must feel rather intelligent for selling a stock that's considered a buy by most reputable traders?

EDIT: Its theads like this that make this forum not even worth coming to. I mean how idiotic are you people gonna get? Facepalm would be a massive understatement.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Coming out with make up stories, for real? PWE DO NOT SELL under 100 000 units (being a company with over 10 000 000 000 at the stock market) and we both know you can not afford them! The company is doing fine making more games or taking other developers under their brand, PWE is far away from going down.

I wouldn't be so sure. They will not bankrupt for sure, but I bet their share fall down significantly in next 1/2 year.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    You must feel rather intelligent for selling a stock that's considered a buy by most reputable traders?

EDIT: Its theads like this that make this forum not even worth coming to. I mean how idiotic are you people gonna get? Facepalm would be a massive understatement.

To be fair, it's not lived up to past analyst expectations... In some cases, it's tanked just after being called a Buy or Strong Buy. Note that it's still Neutral for a number of analysts.

By the way, whatever happened with that independent review of alleged financial shenanigans that tanked their stock at the beginning of the year? Last I saw was a refute of the allegations and a supposed independent review was announced, nothing since.

And note that I totally ignored the OP of this thread.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Nintendo, Square Enix, BioWare.

Ijs. b:bye

And to the OP: I sold my stocks....when they introduced Rank 9. It was like the Stock Fairy came down and said that this game would be dead within the period of a few months.

Ta-dah!

No new players, desperate last-scrap-of-money sales, and a playerbase so pissed off I'm surprised nobody's thrown grenades into the developing offices yet.

The Stock Fairy was right. Now I happily put my money, time, and effort into a Galaxy far, far away. b:bye
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Mingkeey - Lost City
    Mingkeey - Lost City Posts: 306 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    if this game is almost dead then why is gold prices still at 1.4m ea lol...shouldnt gold be at 500k by now?
  • Xainou - Sanctuary
    Xainou - Sanctuary Posts: 5,369 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    if this game is almost dead then why is gold prices still at 1.4m ea lol...shouldnt gold be at 500k by now?

According to forums, this game's dead since 2009, ijs. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Licensed tail brusher of ƙɑƙʊɱɑʊ ~ only the fluffiest
    Outrunning centaurs since 2012~
  • XTrigger - Archosaur
    XTrigger - Archosaur Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited April 2012

If anything higher gold prices indicate a failing player base, after a certain price that is. I'm sure I;ll get corrected, but I think it was PW-MY that ended up having 4m per gold. PW-EN that ended up having 3m+ per gold. See where this is going?
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited April 2012

You, dear lady, don't seem to understand how in-game economics work. Amusingly, if the game were more "alive", prices would drop. This isn't the place to explain economics, though. b:pleased
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • seitori
    seitori Posts: 1,328 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Do you See what the repercussions of your actions ended up being {PWE} When you displayed your 'Blatent Disregard' and 'Abhorrent Level of Greed & Absolute Lack of Good Taste & Trustworthiness!!?' In your Latest Account! Of Bad Judgements!! "On your Most Recent Indescretion, on Your Oh So! Very Long HiStOrY List!! Of Bad Choices!!?" (When it came too the Importance of Your {General Playing} Populace????!!!!)

Even I!! Didn't expect to hear about Share Holders! 'In your Companies, Trading Markets!! Dropping you & your STOCK's?!?!!' by Openly! Posting on Your Very OWN! {FORUMs!!!}

Do you See what I was trying too warn You Guy's About!?? In many of my Earlier Post's on (Other Thread's) About the SEVERITY of this MATTER!!!???? (1-Thread of which, You quickly Relegated too the {Off Topics} List! "In Hopes of Silencing It!!" And another thread of which, was (YOUR OwN OFFICIAL! Response Thread) "Which you tried to make fall off the front {Forums} PAGE!! As you hoped it would all eventually simply~Blow Over?!?!!!!

Well If You Don't, Recall My {Earlier Post} Heres! An Excerpt from it "too Joggle You're Memories 4 YOU {PWE}":

seitori wrote: »
    Easy! They went wrong in many way's........b:scorn

1-They sold us Out on A Number of times, for the ALMIGHTY! Dollar........

2!!-They forgot when they sold us out! That Alot of the People that they did sell out! against!!! Were the MAJORITY! of the CS'rs that Payed their Wages Too BEGIN WITH!!!!_b:faint__With Our Purchases!!!!! And Not their Minority Glitchers! (Who even though they Dumped alot of money into the game, were still unfortunately for {PWE} NOT! THE PRIMARY FINANCEERs of the game "As they're gonna find out very soon now, Anyways!!"
    As we Real 'Long Term~Payers' now either, pull out of this game completely, or just simply, No Longer! Bother!! Too Put Anymore Money into this Game At All Now!!! "Since they've now shown themselves, to No longer be trustable enough, Too Bother to Spend anymore money on them (And that means all of {PW Entertainment} Games, for most of us... You can Tell this too the {DEVs} frankie...

"Why should We Trust a Company, who's only proven: That they Don't give even the slightest D***, About their own Player Bases (General Public)? or ({ToS} Contracts) 4 that matter!!!!) Because, If the 'Board of Directors' Decides that Passing Orders too (1-game) within their 'Companies' Holdings, Too Sell Us ALL! OUT!!!! For A handful of F'ing "Massively! Multiple Count!!" Violator Crybaby's!!! "Because of their Credit Cards!!!?" Is their Chosen Point of VIEW! & Reality!! Then We Now KNOW!! That the Board! will **** Us Over! Any Old time they want, in the ANY Of the Other Games NOW! Too.....

(Take That 1, To Heart!)" b:bye

Or this {Quote} I made Earlier, off of Your Own!! {Official Thread~On the Subject!} Which you Kinda (Un-stickied!!) once! The Avalanche of Complaints! Vastly Outnumbered!!What you had hoped would be good feed back; and as such! Decided to try to make {Your Own Thread} GO AWAY!!!!.......

seitori wrote: »
    2-You'd be suprised, how easy it is that: A simple set of Petitions, from a mass of disenchanted people about any business, sent B4 the right eyes.. Can lead too many Unwanted 'Law Suits' or even 'Possible Suits' nowadays... (Even the threat of that happening could ruin (PWEs) reputation, in the Business World; heaven help them if it actually did happen, because No One in the businesses, would want to touch them with a 10-foot pole (Even for Advertising), let alone ever want too work with them "if all they could expect of it, would be Possible future legal troubles."b:shocked

How Long will it take? B4 You Guys!! Wake UP??!! And Actually do your Jobs Properly?! (foR OnCe!?) 'As now! Not only your own Players! "But NOW your OWN INVESTOR'S!!!! Expected you to do in the FIRST PLACE!!!!" Are you actually gonna hold Your {ToS} Agreements as your foundation!? Rather then a small Amount of Paying Scumbags that Violated, your own {ToS} Rules, GoDzZz OnLy KnoWzZz!! How MaNy TiMeZz NOW!!!?? As you Now Begin Losing Not only Players But Very Important SHARE HOLDER'S aswell!!? Do to the (Ill-Begotten GREED!!) Of Only a Few! in your Companies Board of~D's!?!?!??!!??? '........

I Think Its About Time! You ask Them too Resign! Their Posts!!!! Or Just Axe Them! Yourselves Directly!!!!

I'll tell You Upfront! Directly!! & Honestly!!!

Other then my Posts on these {FORUMS} I haven't even said anything! About this!! On ANY 'OFFSITE!' FORUMS!! (Though I'd Like TOO!)

Nor! Have I Called Anyone! About it too Complain!! To Anyone Else!!! About your Corrupt Interpretations! Of Your OWN 'Rules on Violations' (Though you'd deserve it! (I'M STILL 1 OF THOSE WHO BELIEVES, THAT YOU'LL WAKE UP! & FIX THIS!! B4 IT'S TO LATE!!!!!!) And that You'll Do Your JOBS PROPERLY! When You do Wake Up!! Rather then let the {GREED of A FEW Up TOP!!!!} Ruin it! For the rest of US!!!)

But No Matter What I think, it appears that 'Word About you!' Has! Gotten Out!! "From others that are also Shall we say (CONCERNED!) too Put It Lightly & Politely!!!

And this is the Results of Your (Ill-Chosen) Actions!!!

It's Starting Out to BE Exactly! What I Tried to Describe in My Former Post's! (Minus the lawsuits bit) But Your REPUTATION IS FALLING FAST!! And Now You Have Evidence By this Threads (OP) That Even Your Own SHARE HOLDERs ARE ABANDONING SHIP When It comes to you as a Viable INVESTMENT!! And theres not Even! a single!! Threat of any Sort of SUIT! Coming Against You, YET!!!?!?!

Are You Gonna take the (OP) of this thread, as a warning of What YOU NEED too FIX!?

Or Are You, JUST GONNA HIDE THIS THREAD AWAY TOO?!?!?!?!?!!?!!!!

In a Feeble Attempt! Too IGNORE REALITY, YET AGAIN!!!???? And Bring Your Company DOWN EVEN MORE!!!!????

The CHOICE! Is YOURs TOo MAKE!!! Have Fun WITH The REALITY!!!!

I Only Hope that You CHOOSE TOO WAKE UP AND ANSWER {ALL Of OUR CRIES!! For Proper JUSTICE!} On This Matter!!! "Instead of Listening only TOO {A LAZY & GREEDY FEW! AMONG YOU!!} And Their CRYING POCKET BOOK MARGIN'S!!!

~_~'!!!??? Please Do The Right Thing! TOo DO!

For GODZzz Sake!! PLEASE! Wake UP!!!
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Kudos for an original "this game isn't good anymore" thread.

^ Pretty much this...
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver
    Nymfysubstaz - Dreamweaver Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Nope, They have new releases coming out that will no doubt generate an increase. They have shown a small increase over the 6 months and I feel thats because they are gaining momentum and gearing up for a big Advertising campiagn. This makes me feel that selling now would be a mistake esp if you bought any shares when it cost $15+
    thats my 2 cents, Mind you I have been wrong more than once in this market, but I have also been right a few times as well. Nonetheless we will see which was the best choice eventually.
    back when shares were purchased I believe it was significantly cheaper than that until you add in our brokerage fees. And yes it might be a mistake see below but hubby said sell so we sold.
    Ooh man obviously you haven't read into how many aspects MMO worlds have become part of. They are huge and their intergration into Military/Space/Education enviroments and functions are growing every day. To not be invested in this is a lost opportunity and a chance to make some money.

Mind you I'm not saying PWRD is paving the way, there are thousands of game companys on every lvl out there.

PWRD happens to just be one of the ones that caught my eye.

Ditto...and I still plan to play just not have money wrapped up in game.
    WTF? "Legal age to buy stock"? WTF are you smoking? Oh, wait, you DO have to be a certain age to smoke. Sure, it's more difficult to trade stock as a minor due to not being able to enter a contract legally, but there are many ways you can still do so without a low-fee brokerage account. I mean, we're not talking DRIP accounts or anything, just shares.

Of course, as a minor, you'll probably literally have a portfolio filled with shares that you can convert to electronic shares once you hit the age of majority. That means it's generally wiser to choose companies which have multi-year long-term growth potential. That, or the company is cheap enough to buy shares of and gamble, like PWRD. Of course, I'm not even sure PWRD offers traditional shares, so it may be moot for them. In any case, you don't need to be any specific age to legally buy stocks, just to enter into a contract which most brokerages require.

I fear that if I type any more, I'll be obligated to make a safe harbor statement. Plus this is getting somewhat off-topic. So I'm done.

While overall I agree with you gentlemen about gaming companies being worth the risk but unfortunately we don't believe that at this time it IS worth the risk. There are two major gaming companies (one being Blizzard)that show more promise but then they have been around since Atari came out and these companies do have government and big business contracts out there. I invested mostly due to my love of the people within the community and saw it as a long term investment that I figured would over time not fail even if the NASDAQ and S&P suffered. It was more of a hey let's gamble on this company and just see how we do.

And yes while they are adding two new games in the future that is primarily one of the reasons to withdrawal at this point. If you play or read the forums of their other games you will find other similar disappointments and unhappiness with each game. So, here is my reasoning for us selling ours and making a small profit instead of losing money in the long run. If they are having so many problems with the games they have now and those issues are not resolved and the player base is as unhappy as they are, How smart is it to be adding a new game and absorbing another companies game when you can't even handle the games you have now? They are also in the process of making social media games as well and I think thats spreading themselves to thin.

They need to get all the kinks out of their Angelica 3D game engine before they just say to hell with the other games and the gamers, everyone will move to these two new games. It's bad business in my opinion and a risk I didn't want to take. I've had too many surprises in my real life this year and didn't need to add to it. To many people are upset with events have happened and the lack of a resolution to suit them even though they (PW Staffers) gave us the answer we just don't like it. And now PW has to deal with the fallout of that. And how it's going to hurt PWI as a whole because of several games they own being unhappy atm.

Someone mentioned something about my butthumping the GM's...first of all I am female and don't own a strap-on so that's a pretty mute point on your part. But yes I humped the GM's and Mods...SOOOOO what I hump EVERYONE! Especially in game. It's not sexual it's my version of a goofy bratty hug. If I see someone hurt or upset or hell if I'm just being playful it's what I do. Even in RL I will just randomly will look at my husband and walk up to him and just HUMP him. He laughs, tells me I'm a dork and we go about our day. BUT the I MADE HIM LAUGH and that's what I wanted! I enjoy bringing joy to others. And it's in my signature as well.b:dirty

But none of that has anything to do with us selling our stocks in this game. My husband plays the game as well and we both plan to continue to play the game. We just aren't prepared to take a financial risk on them anymore. I play this game more for the people i have grown to know, love and deeply respect. And yep, I'm still on the "fangirl" or whatever someone called me. I have grown to know on the forums like many of you have as well different GM's and I don't think we should hang them out to dry. They are the bearers of the news not the ones who did it. Want to **** about the decision?? Write a letter to the CEO of the company,Mr. Michael Chi. I can asure you that in His recent meetings with American investors he didn't discuss how upset current players are. Ya know the PW staffers are just told get ready for Torchlight from Runic and Neverwinter D&D from Cryptic so they don't truly have time for anything else. Hell there are only 108ish staffers here in US. That's too few people for the work involved. Sorry got off topic a bit. Again thanks for the replies. b:victory
    Everyone needs a good innocent girly hump every now & then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MyuMyu - Harshlands
    MyuMyu - Harshlands Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    According to forums, this game's dead since 2009, ijs. b:chuckle

^

Wonder will those peeps will finally let PWI go from their life when they moved to '2 Guild'..
    Or will they keep clinging to PWI and keep their soul wandering here on the forum of the game they so hate and using 'friends' or whatever as an excuse?

Stay tuned! b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tientiensuser
    tientiensuser Posts: 168 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    WOW is a dated game. Which is why so many have already quit. No additional effort except maybe an expansion in order to compete with wow. The new games are meant to address future releases down the road. Something an expansion alone would never be able to resolve. Games being released by NCsoft and Bluehole. Those unknowns will be PW's biggest obstacles. Next Gen games are promising console quality visuals and gameplay, but packaged into an MMO. Hence why PW must produce new titles to address those upcoming concerns.
  • Lafuteria - Sanctuary
    Lafuteria - Sanctuary Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited April 2012

Min. age is 18 I think..
    The Infernal City..
  • Fintan - Lost City
    edited April 2012
    Min. age is 18 I think..

Uh, no. To enter into a contract (e.g. to buy via a brokerage or to use a brokerage [or other institution] for "advanced" things like DRIP accounts), you need to be the legal age to enter into the contract (18 in the USA). But to buy stocks "the old fashioned way" (non-electronically), there is no age restriction imposed by any of the US markets. Even if there was, there's nothing stopping you from physically transferring the certificates to a minor. (Non-American markets are irrelevant here, and I don't claim to know all countries' security regulations in this regard.)

Believe it or not, it was once trendy to give your kids the gift of stocks.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]
    WeAreMuSHRooMS.com
  • Hurrdurr - Lothranis
    Hurrdurr - Lothranis Posts: 1,468 Arc User
    edited April 2012
    Gold price does not indicate how alive the game is in PWI. The gold price is pretty much dictated by the pack sales as ToBL and tokens can be NPCed for money, that's not including items that player want such as WTLG and PQ3 rings.

i.e with a 0.33 gold sale of packs at current gold prices everyone would be opening packs like a madman because you earn coins by simply opening packs. The PWI gold market is hardly a 'free' market and thus cannot really be used to judge how alive the game is.
  • krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited April 2012
    WOW is a dated game. Which is why so many have already quit. No additional effort except maybe an expansion in order to compete with wow. The new games are meant to address future releases down the road. Something an expansion alone would never be able to resolve. Games being released by NCsoft and Bluehole. Those unknowns will be PW's biggest obstacles. Next Gen games are promising console quality visuals and gameplay, but packaged into an MMO. Hence why PW must produce new titles to address those upcoming concerns.

Why would game developers take a step back to console quality? The computer can, right now, outstrip any console in terms of graphical fidelity, and many of the newer games are exhibiting that. If you tried to run any of these newer games on a console, the console would have terrible framerate lag, and would quite possibly burn out.

While I think it was an interesting post, I believe that this topic may attract more harmful posts than constructive posts. As such, I'm shutting this one down... sorry Nymfy.

Closed.
This discussion has been closed.